After US ship, Chinese vessel hits Philippine reef

There are 20 comments on the Apr 9, 2013, SFGate story titled After US ship, Chinese vessel hits Philippine reef. In it, SFGate reports that:

A suspected Chinese fishing vessel with 12 crewmen has run aground in a protected coral reef in the southwestern Philippines, where a U.S. Navy minesweeper got stuck and had to be dismantled recently, officials said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 9, 2013
Where are protestors for this one ? There just doing recon, not really fishing.

Location hidden

#2 Apr 9, 2013
Odds are they'll give boat back and not ask for any thing. Wish things in the PI was better, but I can't do any thing about it.

Location hidden

#3 Apr 9, 2013
A suspected Chinese fishing vessel:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/world/article/Afte...

Location hidden

#4 Apr 9, 2013
Recon: philstar.com

Military intelligence reports showed that Chinese defense and military leaderships have been sending their fishing vessels to Philippine waters as decoys to spy on the ongoing development of the Philippines gas field project, specifically within the Malampaya Gas Field off the coast of Palawan.
Juana de la Cruz

Quezon City, Philippines

#5 Apr 9, 2013
Whatever they are there for is ok by me. but it also is a good time to know that the Chinese are doing it for a laugh" by imitating the same blunder that even American Technology was unable to prevent. lol
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#6 Apr 9, 2013
WHAT???

Songco said the radar used by park rangers to detect intrusions into the protected area was open only every three hours.

“It can’t be used the whole day as it consumes a lot of energy. Between those three hours, we can’t always monitor intrusions,” she said.

so the flip gov cant pay the electric bill to maintain radar surveillance of their own country?

the worlds laughter is deafening.
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#7 Apr 9, 2013
US Ship was on its way to Subic for refueling then it got stuck in the reef a stupid mistake on the part of the captain of the ship which was also warned by park rangers.

Chinese fishing ship gets stuck in the reef, now why is a Chinese ship inside Philippine territory and it is not even in disputed waters? This is not a mistake it is an operation either illegal poaching or undercover surveillance and this is a grave offense.
Im Filipino Man

Surrey, Canada

#8 Apr 9, 2013
damn chinks they need to die there all over the place!!
bisaya aku

Quezon City, Philippines

#9 Apr 10, 2013
the chinks could've smelled something fishy (or i should say oily) on that area.

maybe if chinks discover a huge amount of oil reserve their,i will never be surprise then, if one day china will declare SULU SEA as part of their territory.hehehehhe!!!
heressssssssss kenny

Las Piñas, Philippines

#10 Apr 10, 2013
Wang Dang wrote:
Odds are they'll give boat back and not ask for any thing. Wish things in the PI was better, but I can't do any thing about it.
With stupid posts such as these its a wonder you dont catch foot-in- mouth - did you not read the article ???

Location hidden

#11 Apr 10, 2013
I read so many articles. Haven't read of any protestors at china's embassy.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#12 Apr 10, 2013
heressssssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
With stupid posts such as these its a wonder you dont catch foot-in- mouth - did you not read the article ???
now now kenny, your patience seems to be wearing a little thin with your pinoy bros these days....:)
heressssssssss kenny

Las Piñas, Philippines

#13 Apr 10, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
now now kenny, your patience seems to be wearing a little thin with your pinoy bros these days....:)
I have my moments -having a bad day today -a good friend passed away last night from heat stroke .Dead at 38 years old hardworking filipina- mother of two -single parent supporting two kids through college .
Gerald

Philippines

#14 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I have my moments -having a bad day today -a good friend passed away last night from heat stroke .Dead at 38 years old hardworking filipina- mother of two -single parent supporting two kids through college .
sorry to hear that. Hope the kids do not lose hope and find other means to finish college. If you have been following the local news you would know kids nowadays would rather commit suicide than drop out of school, especially for financial reasons. How much more if they are going through the pain of losing their only parent...

Location hidden

#15 Apr 10, 2013
Manila has become a heat island, like most city's. Trees take so long to grow, maybe Moso or other timber bamboo planted in big pots aroud town creating shades. Bamboo cleans airs faster than most trees. Best to drink a lot of water. I returned to John Hay and was sickened to see trees cut down. I don't buy wood carvings. Bamboo sprouts back and makes nice handicrafts.
heressssssssss kenny

Las Piñas, Philippines

#16 Apr 10, 2013
Gerald wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry to hear that. Hope the kids do not lose hope and find other means to finish college. If you have been following the local news you would know kids nowadays would rather commit suicide than drop out of school, especially for financial reasons. How much more if they are going through the pain of losing their only parent...
We are working on a plan to assist the children to complete their education (along with other former classmates) 1 has only one year to finish his degree while the other is only first year and may end up living with us as they have no close relatives in manila .

Since: Apr 09

San Pedro, Philippines

#17 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>

My condolences kenny. Were having so many here die from heat stroke. My girl went to her uncles funeral last night and a local politician just died after a day of campaigning in the heat then my neighbors cousin.

This is the worse year yet for the heat. Malls are turning into heat evacuation shelters.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#18 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
We are working on a plan to assist the children to complete their education (along with other former classmates) 1 has only one year to finish his degree while the other is only first year and may end up living with us as they have no close relatives in manila .
condolences and praises for doing exactly what i knew youd do.

San Pedro, Philippines

#19 Apr 10, 2013
amc wrote:
WHAT???
Songco said the radar used by park rangers to detect intrusions into the protected area was open only every three hours.
“It can’t be used the whole day as it consumes a lot of energy. Between those three hours, we can’t always monitor intrusions,” she said.
so the flip gov cant pay the electric bill to maintain radar surveillance of their own country?
the worlds laughter is deafening.
So funny it hurts. Cant afford the electric to protect the country. Lololol!!!!

San Pedro, Philippines

#20 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Be careful i have been where you are and once you go in they will never let go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Quirky 324,368
News For pro-separatist Ukrainians, hope now heartache 1 hr FASCIST Ukraine 128
News Cuba - from Varadero to Havana 2 hr Marico Rubio 13
News Orlando could become gay marriage mecca, weddin... 12 hr Tazo 5
News Passport scam 18 hr Revolver of Pers 10
News Poland bans 'provocative' Russian bikers loyal ... 23 hr John 1
News Clinton's second act: Her long road to 2016 dec... Fri Eleanor 34
Housekeeping at hotel walking in on me naked... (Aug '07) Apr 21 Jimmasin 2,540
More from around the web