Japan setting up embassy in Apia

Japan setting up embassy in Apia

There are 29 comments on the Samoa News story from Jan 21, 2013, titled Japan setting up embassy in Apia. In it, Samoa News reports that:

Expected to open at the end of March, the embassy will be located at the Samoa National Provident Fund Plaza on Beach Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Samoa News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jackie

Philippines

#1 Jan 24, 2013
It's nice that Japan embassy will soon be established in Samoa...a Philippines Embassy should likewise rise in Samoa soon...
APS

Auckland, New Zealand

#2 Jan 24, 2013
why, what Japanese or Filipino would want to migrate to Samoa? unless the population is increasing somewhat something i have yet to see lol
Proud

Wellington, New Zealand

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Everyone wants a piece of Samoa. Even Israel has one. So what's new......:).

Ua fia pai uma tagata ia Samoa....Yes sir.

“MASINA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 27, 2013
The US Embassy is there as well.
SAMOA e sili lava oe...
Way to go Japan!
ulu poki

Titusville, FL

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Anybody know why the hell Samoa has an embassy in Brussels,Belgium of all places?.. lol Is there a big Samoan expat community?.. lol

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 28, 2013
Is there a big population of Japanese in Samoa?
ulu poki

Titusville, FL

#7 Jan 28, 2013
Poly KING wrote:
Is there a big population of Japanese in Samoa?
Not really, but im sure theyre trying to compete with China, Taiwan, due to close proximity of the islands to Asia...
SURF808

Christchurch, New Zealand

#8 Jan 28, 2013
Poly KING wrote:
Is there a big population of Japanese in Samoa?
You've already renounced your Samoan side! You stated that your mom have been Tonganized!

So why the fluck do you concern yourself with Samoan business, huh?

Talk bad about Samoa all you want until the chickens come home to roost; But what your pea-brain failed to tell you about an old Samoan proverb; You're talking about YOURSELF. Choke on that! LOL

raider4life

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#9 Jan 28, 2013
SURF808 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already renounced your Samoan side! You stated that your mom have been Tonganized!
So why the fluck do you concern yourself with Samoan business, huh?
Talk bad about Samoa all you want until the chickens come home to roost; But what your pea-brain failed to tell you about an old Samoan proverb; You're talking about YOURSELF. Choke on that! LOL
awoia...malo 808 don't take it to heart uce its just computer boxing...lol

raider4life

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#10 Jan 28, 2013
Poly KING wrote:
Is there a big population of Japanese in Samoa?
in five years everyone will be speaking Japanese...lol
ulu poki

Titusville, FL

#11 Jan 28, 2013
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> in five years everyone will be speaking Japanese...lol
I just hope china can prevent another riot in tonga..lol
Trry Tavita

Samoa

#12 Jan 28, 2013
ulu poki wrote:
Anybody know why the hell Samoa has an embassy in Brussels,Belgium of all places?.. lol Is there a big Samoan expat community?.. lol
setting up foreign embassies and high commissions is not just about base-country populations there..japan spends a lot of money in samoa through jica so we would expect would want to monitor how those funds are implemented on the ground..just as china does..the european union is huge source of aid to Samoa so Samoa has a high commission in brussels to seek and channel funds through..
ulu poki

Titusville, FL

#13 Jan 28, 2013
Trry Tavita wrote:
<quoted text>
setting up foreign embassies and high commissions is not just about base-country populations there..japan spends a lot of money in samoa through jica so we would expect would want to monitor how those funds are implemented on the ground..just as china does..the european union is huge source of aid to Samoa so Samoa has a high commission in brussels to seek and channel funds through..
thx for the reply, but the funds all go to the prime minister's pockets..lol
Terry Tavita

Samoa

#14 Jan 28, 2013
ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
thx for the reply, but the funds all go to the prime minister's pockets..lol
no it doesn't..funds go to Treasury, projects are determined by ministries and approved by cabinet, then scrutinized and endorsed by parliament..
SURF808

Christchurch, New Zealand

#15 Jan 28, 2013
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text>awoia...malo 808 don't take it to heart uce its just computer boxing...lol
Malo Raiders,

Never personal on this side my friend; just stating facts... lol
ulu poki

Titusville, FL

#16 Jan 28, 2013
Terry Tavita wrote:
<quoted text>
no it doesn't..funds go to Treasury, projects are determined by ministries and approved by cabinet, then scrutinized and endorsed by parliament..
was a joke.. but then again maybe not..

raider4life

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#17 Jan 28, 2013
ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
was a joke.. but then again maybe not..
even da usos don't think you funny...hihihi...but I on the other hand think you a blast...lol
ulu poki

Titusville, FL

#18 Jan 28, 2013
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> even da usos don't think you funny...hihihi...but I on the other hand think you a blast...lol
im sure you think profit joe's story was a blast too..lol magic underwears, planet kolob, racist past...etc.. whatever gets you that eternal life..lol

raider4life

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#19 Jan 28, 2013
ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
im sure you think profit joe's story was a blast too..lol magic underwears, planet kolob, racist past...etc.. whatever gets you that eternal life..lol
hihihi...cmon poki I thought you having fun....lol
ulu poki

Titusville, FL

#20 Jan 28, 2013
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> hihihi...cmon poki I thought you having fun....lol
i am, no worries my mormon friend, i wont make fun of your man made religion anymore..promise..lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 23 min Quirky 408,829
News DOJ: criminal charges apply to assaulting airpo... 1 hr Hottie7775 10
News Obama's farewell speech in Chicago felt like th... 2 hr Paradigm Shift ri... 22
News EU criticises Trump's Israel embassy idea 9 hr Jeff Brightone 2
News The Latest: Palestinians urge Israel to end its... 9 hr Jeff Brightone 1
News Japanese premier Abe to visit PH this month, Du... 13 hr Ainu 18
News The Latest: France: US embassy move in Israel a... Sun Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
More from around the web