Why Romania No Longer Deserves to Be ...

Why Romania No Longer Deserves to Be a Most Favored Nation

There are 343 comments on the The Heritage Foundation story from Feb 23, 2013, titled Why Romania No Longer Deserves to Be a Most Favored Nation. In it, The Heritage Foundation reports that:

Bucharest has enjoyed special treatment from Washington for decades ostensibly as a reward for improving the human rights condition of Romanians and for pursuing a foreign po licy independent of the line that Moscow imposes on the rest of Eastern Europe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Heritage Foundation.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Anonymous

Granbury, TX

#1 Feb 23, 2013
the above article i found very disturbing all he could do was to run romania down and say nothing good about the country and its people he has no right to judge the people for all the wrong that has brought on by the gov. i know things are bad there but you can't blame the people human rights are very important my fathers people were from romania and i am very proud to be part romanian

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 24, 2013
BUD SANDERS wrote:
the above article i found very disturbing all he could do was to run romania down and say nothing good about the country and its people he has no right to judge the people for all the wrong that has brought on by the gov. i know things are bad there but you can't blame the people human rights are very important my fathers people were from romania and i am very proud to be part romanian
Dont worry, this is just ... shit :) and the result is that the ”authors” are eaing eat in their depressive solitude. Who cares?

Location hidden

#3 Feb 24, 2013
eating it*

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 24, 2013
And now comes the revelation that some 20,000 Biblks sent by the World Reformed Alliance to the Hungarian Reformed Church in Romania were turned into toilet paper.

and bozgorashu is angry that I call the romanian constitution crap.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 24, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
I fail to see how your personal prejudgments are "on topic".
I wonder how you'd react to the grand-son of a German who is indignant over anti-Nazi criticism. Romania has never been a good example for humanitarian rights, neither as a Soviet satellite state nor as an EU member.
If you feel that your lack of "ethnic roots" is being attacked then you need to build personal character of your own and stop pretending you're something you're not in the first place.
If you're looking for an identity then you'd better look to your own country because if you read anything at all about Romania you will find that there is very little to be happy about with regards to human rights. That, by the way, it exactly what the article is about.
Trash, shit...All the shit on internet...
Who cares.? Find a job, clean some toilets , parasite ;)
well

Stoney Creek, Canada

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Romania is corrupt to the bone. Full of thieves, gypsies, etc.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 24, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Swedish, I worked all of my life and now I'm retired. It's you Romas who don't want to work and are the parasites :(
You are not any Swedish, forget the BS.
You are trash.
Anyway, do you think that Swedish is something superior, a diploma?
This is showing only your stupidity, claiming your nationality. You are stupid 100%.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 24, 2013
well wrote:
Romania is corrupt to the bone. Full of thieves, gypsies, etc.
You didnt eat your shitty mutant hotdog today?
You stink.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 24, 2013
I agree...
Rar

Burnaby, Canada

#14 Feb 24, 2013
Has anybody noticed that the article is from 1985? Anyways Romania's trade with the US is negligible who cares about most favored nation status...

Location hidden

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I noticed, and it's important to know that. Whatever anyone thinks of Romania and its improvements you have to remember that Romania shocked the world with regards its treatment of the population and in particular the orphanages. Jesus! Those children were treated like animals! Worse than animals!
Mars si infuleca cacat in alta parte!
Rar

Burnaby, Canada

#18 Feb 25, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I noticed, and it's important to know that. Whatever anyone thinks of Romania and its improvements you have to remember that Romania shocked the world with regards its treatment of the population and in particular the orphanages. Jesus! Those children were treated like animals! Worse than animals!
All that orphanage crap was politically motivated. Look at infomercials for charitable organizations and they talk about tens of thousands of children dying of starvation every day all over the world and yet the international media had to focus on a few hundred children who may have been mistreated not on the tens of thousands who starve to death every day. It is the same thing as the recent horsemeat scandal, they had to blame Romania first and drag it through the mud with stories of "abused" horses and corruption and in the end it proved to have nothing to do with Romania.

Location hidden

#21 Feb 25, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
We scrutinize any nation that is applying for membership to the EU. If the UN or WHO or any other organization didn't bother to check Romania's record of humanitarian crimes don't complain to the organization that does.
If you want to focus on some other country for any other reason then start your own campaign. Or better still, look it up and you'll probably find that someone already has.
”We” are idot and ”we” scrutinize a shit :)).
Pathetic.

Location hidden

#22 Feb 25, 2013
ID I OT*
Rar

Burnaby, Canada

#23 Feb 25, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
We scrutinize any nation that is applying for membership to the EU. If the UN or WHO or any other organization didn't bother to check Romania's record of humanitarian crimes don't complain to the organization that does.
If you want to focus on some other country for any other reason then start your own campaign. Or better still, look it up and you'll probably find that someone already has.
You don't make much sense. I don't really understand who "we" is. I would not worry too much about EU, they know what they are doing, they need Romania for some reason or another they are not stupid. Maybe EU needs access to the Black sea, maybe they want to keep it outside the influence of the russians or for cheap labor or for the politicians to use romanians as a scapgoat when they need votes...who knows. Maybe some people in Europe think they owe something to Romania and I strongly agree. If it wasn't for the WWII which was one of those "glorious" and "great" western european wars that killed 60 million people Romania would be in decent shape now, after all it was in pretty good shape before the war.

Since: May 11

Italy

#25 Feb 26, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Hade du haft en hjärna I huvudet då skulle du använda den. Men tyvärr har du ingen.
Du skulle tenkes på dette for deg selv, før du sier det til et annnet. Ikke sant?

Have you changed your nickname, Mary?

Italy

#26 Feb 26, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
You are drunk, Lakotos. Stay away from the pivo.
Hva gjør du i Västerås? Nei... går du på universitet? Jeg trodde de godkjente ikke mannesker som ikke kan skrives.

Italy

#27 Feb 26, 2013
_Adi_ wrote:
ID I OT*
E tot "desteapta" aia de rusoaica, imbracata in cearsafuri, dar cu poze sexy. In fine, poate ma insel, dar chiar e o creatura ciudata. Are acelasi stil de a scrie si acelasi stil de a se tot misca prin aceleasi locuri. Probabil scrie din tren, de pe telefon. E si asta un mod de a-ti omori timpul.:)

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#28 Mar 7, 2013
Let 's cut all the crap and end this topic. ROMANIA was NEVER and WILL NEVER be a most favored nation. Most people can't say the word ROMANIA without puking. You need to start realizing a lot of people simply don't like you. You are thieves, liars and criminals. And nothing improved over all those years. Bunch of flithy hyenas.
You know who

Italy

#29 Mar 7, 2013
Oh, Pistorius, you here too, mate. Now, gives us an introduction to your "wonderful" culture. Maybe you tell us why madness is so common there, starting from known painters or drug abuse is so common. Maybe, you know what, Romanians started to foulishly let themselves copy such examples. And you should proudly present yourselves , as sources of such delusions. So, we share the same culture, seemingly. One more lunatic than the other, dear Pistorius.
Such is life...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min -Dont Panic- 409,459
News Trump U.N. pick Haley backs moving U.S. Embassy... 10 min Jeff Brightone 1
News OPINION: U.S. election holds lessons for us 1 hr Northern fence 4
News Miami Beach mosquitoes test positive for Zika R... 10 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 20
News Residents irritated by Journey guitarist's SF w... (Dec '13) 11 hr Fred 2
News Japanese premier Abe to visit PH this month, Du... 22 hr Strong Wakamoto 19
News Trump: 'I did not forget' Jerusalem embassy mov... 23 hr Jeff Brightone 1
More from around the web