Cuba: Why we made the trip, and what we saw

There are 12 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Mar 10, 2012, titled Cuba: Why we made the trip, and what we saw. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

The buzz around the topic of travel to Cuba has gone viral, engaging much of Miami in an unprecedented way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#65 Mar 14, 2012
Normal childhood fears

Normal anxiety in young children often manifests as concern about their competence, a need for reassurance, fear of the dark, fear of harm to an attachment figure, and somatic complaints. Normal adolescents are anxious about their identity, sexuality, and social relationships. In comparison to younger children, adolescents have more fear of heights, public speaking, blushing, excessive worry about past behavior, and self-consciousness. Girls tend to be more anxious than boys and younger children are more likely to experience anxiety, especially separation anxiety, than older children. Normal anxiety becomes pathological when the symptoms interfere with the child's functioning in the home, community and\or school..........

“America la bella!!”

Since: Jan 07

que Dios te bendiga

#66 Mar 14, 2012
Dejen a los que apoyan a castro sigan hablando la mierda de siempre.(perdon)...es logico que defiendan a un gobernante que les facilita la mulata prostituta., el cuarto en casa particular,y un paladar para una comida barata y rapida....Hay que notar que despues de 53 anos... se ve el adelanto de este gobierno castrista.....jajajajaja que pretende hacer de cuba un Haiti si ya no lo es....No pierdan su tiempo en estos lares..........
Compassionate One

Raleigh, NC

#67 Mar 14, 2012
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
Dejen a los que apoyan a castro sigan hablando la mierda de siempre.(perdon)...es logico que defiendan a un gobernante que les facilita la mulata prostituta., el cuarto en casa particular,y un paladar para una comida barata y rapida....Hay que notar que despues de 53 anos... se ve el adelanto de este gobierno castrista.....jajajajaja que pretende hacer de cuba un Haiti si ya no lo es....No pierdan su tiempo en estos lares..........
jajajajajajaja Bullshyt, bullshyt, bullshyt!
WJDC BFF

Miami, FL

#68 Mar 14, 2012
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
Dejen a los que apoyan a castro sigan hablando la mierda de siempre.(perdon)...es logico que defiendan a un gobernante que les facilita la mulata prostituta., el cuarto en casa particular,y un paladar para una comida barata y rapida....Hay que notar que despues de 53 anos... se ve el adelanto de este gobierno castrista.....jajajajaja que pretende hacer de cuba un Haiti si ya no lo es....No pierdan su tiempo en estos lares..........
53 aņos gritando Cuba libre con la mayoria de los Miami Cubano politicos robandolo y no haciendo nada para uds.

La mayoria de politicos ,oficiales y policia son una mierda.

"Miami Named Worst-Run City in America, Hialeah is Tenth"

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/0...

http://247wallst.com/2012/01/05/best-and-wors...
WJDC BFF

Miami, FL

#69 Mar 14, 2012
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>jajajajajajaja Bullshyt, bullshyt, bullshyt!
53 years they scream "Cuba libre" while the self serving Cuban politicians run this city to the ground and rob them blind , not all but the majority.

This city is run mostly by Miami Cuban politicos and Hialeah is close to pure Miami Cuban politicos and this is what they offer-

"Miami Named Worst-Run City in America, Hialeah is Tenth"

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/0...

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#70 Mar 14, 2012
WJDC BFF wrote:
<quoted text>
53 aņos gritando Cuba libre con la mayoria de los Miami Cubano politicos robandolo y no haciendo nada para uds.
La mayoria de politicos ,oficiales y policia son una mierda.
"Miami Named Worst-Run City in America, Hialeah is Tenth"
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/0...
http://247wallst.com/2012/01/05/best-and-wors...
I love this site...ja jajaaaa!!
Miami 1959

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/25283046/3521485 ...
Gato Negro

Miami, FL

#71 Mar 14, 2012
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this site...ja jajaaaa!!
Miami 1959
http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/25283046/3521485 ...
I saw the site after you posted it and as a Cuban born in Cuba after Castro was in power , I found it interesting and thank you for posting it.

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#72 Mar 14, 2012
Gato Negro wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the site after you posted it and as a Cuban born in Cuba after Castro was in power , I found it interesting and thank you for posting it.
You are wellcome MF(My Friend)! It is also interestinh to me to see how hard you constantly try to pass as Cuban!
Gato Negro

Miami, FL

#74 Mar 14, 2012
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wellcome MF(My Friend)! It is also interestinh to me to see how hard you constantly try to pass as Cuban!
Lol delightfull but I am Cuban, born in Cuba in Havana and UNLIKE Marco Rubio my parents fled Castro with me at 2 yrs old thus we are real exiles whioh Rubio the liar who came here before Castro is not.

My sisters were born in NY thus they are not exiles like you and I and thus not allowed on the holy ground we lovingly call "calle ocho".

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#75 Mar 14, 2012
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wellcome MF(My Friend)! It is also interestinh to me to see how hard you constantly try to pass as Cuban!
what is amasing is that you are so stupid to believe we eat the mojon that you love Cuba
Liger BFF

Miami, FL

#76 Mar 14, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>what is amasing is that you are so stupid to believe we eat the mojon that you love Cuba
I do think the old old guard like my grandparents did but WJDC is way to young even for the calle ocho bunch and I think he has lied to himself into thinking he cares about Cuba but like Liger he could not care less.

He cares nothing about Cuba and when he looks at Cuba he only see's $ which is fine but he does not love the island.

Since: Feb 12

Los Angeles, CA

#77 Mar 15, 2012
Luccia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. I hope you go soon.
Cuba is a lovely place and interesting to visit and those of us who went are more enriched for it regardless of the lies and scare tactics the Miami right wing use.
hi there,
have you been there before? how can we get the visa? on the other hand i want to ride there any documents should i have such as local drive license? what's the food,accommodation,nice spots there? really appreciate for your kind help! hope hearing from your soon!
Have a nice day~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Sharrp Shooter 326,038
News For pro-separatist Ukrainians, hope now heartache 2 hr Hue 214
News 1 dead 4 injured in separate shootings across C... 12 hr Tourista 2
News Cdn in Nepal says Ottawa not doing enough 12 hr Tourista 2
News Mayor Caldwell signs Expansion of 'Sit-Lie' Bill 18 hr Joe Balls 11
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 21 hr swedenforever 28
News Carter gets cold shoulder in Israel Sat Jeff Brightone 1
Housekeeping at hotel walking in on me naked... (Aug '07) Apr 21 Jimmasin 2,540
More from around the web