Bomb kills 1, injures 14 in Turkey be...

Bomb kills 1, injures 14 in Turkey before rally

There are 1 comment on the Reuters story from May 12, 2007, titled Bomb kills 1, injures 14 in Turkey before rally. In it, Reuters reports that:

“Our republic is under threat, that's why I'm going with my whole family.”

By Paul de Bendern

IZMIR, Turkey (Reuters) - A bicycle bomb exploded in a market in the Turkish port city of Izmir on Saturday, killing one and injuring 14 people on the eve of a planned mass anti-government rally, police and the state news agency said.

Sunday's protest in Izmir, Turkey's third largest city, is aimed at putting pressure on the Islamist-rooted government and uniting the opposition amid rising political tensions ahead of an early general election on July 22.

"The bomb exploded on a bicycle ... The injured are being treated at two local hospitals," a police spokesman said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Shallow introspection”

Since: Jan 07

Gig Harbor, WA

#1 May 12, 2007
Here we go with another day around the globe and see that the circus continues with "innocent" people getting shot out of cannons and leaving greasy skid marks on the pavement for some young punk to clean up and vow revenge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Izmir, Turkey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to get Quality Weed / Hashish & Meds in i... Dec '16 Ted 1
Santhanam Dec '16 Lai 1
Operation Mekong Dec '16 Tan 1
News European migrant crisis prompts protests; leade... (Mar '16) May '16 TURKS RSAVAGES 5
News New obstacle for refugees: the Greek coast guard (Sep '15) Feb '16 PROUD TO BE SERB ... 31
izmir is more near to chios than greece. (Jan '16) Jan '16 Turksaresavvagasses 2
lazer makine tarafından kara para temizleme (Sep '11) Sep '15 Demir 3
More from around the web