A Burka Barbie for Oppressed Muslim Girls Everywhere

Nov 22, 2009 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.associatedcontent.com

Is the Burka Barbie bad for young girls and their self image? Apparently the famous auction house Southerby's in London does not think so ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2009

Judged:

from associatedcontent:

"... For the Burka Barbie to work, Ken is going to need a makeover. Ken will have to become Khalid and have a traditional beard and turban and take to ordering Barbie around, forcing her to remain in bondage. Ken/Khalid would even sport an AK 47 typical of a member of the Taliban.

"And just to complete the meme, GI Joe can show up, shoot Ken/Khalid, liberate Barbie, and allow her to get an education and go to work. That would be an unintended version of playing dolls that Burka Barbie might cause."

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2009

Judged:

Added extras would include a wrap around body explosives with real timer for wearing under the burkah and a rocket launcher for Khalid
Anna

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

the thing is most Muslim women don't feel oppressed when they wear that "burka".. they believe they wear it for the sake of god

some are forced to wear it.. a with a barbie or without a barbie, they are forced to wear it

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Burqa Barbie is just Mattel's answer to the "Fulla" doll.
Malibu Barbie doesn't do so well in Islamic countries.
($$$$$$$$$
Alligator Eater

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

Barbie will dress up as a goat for Ken / Khalid. It's the only way to turn him on.
Alligator Eater

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

There's one of the topic 'Meet your Muslim neighbor'-- Does anyone have the information if there is Burkini Barbie available for sale?

I'd like to get one for Christmas gift for my neighbor. I have searched eBay, but only Ken with shemagh available for sale.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
victoria

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Has seen th profile of barbie she has twl very prominent parts of a womans body and shes white with blue eyes and blonde hair.Ad have you seen some of her outfits muslims would never dress like barbie.You could say well it's just a doll but when muslims get upset about thins like a teddy bear be named mohhamed or a cartoon so upsettind ther not the most rational people in th world im suprised ther not talking about babie burkha or no burkha being corrupting and degrading women.I got a pretty in pink barbie wen i was nine i dont think iwould have liked one wearing burkha

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Alligator Eater wrote:
There's one of the topic 'Meet your Muslim neighbor'-- Does anyone have the information if there is Burkini Barbie available for sale?
I'd like to get one for Christmas gift for my neighbor. I have searched eBay, but only Ken with shemagh available for sale.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I had Action Man when I was growing up. I think the Desert Rat outfit he had had the Shemagh as part of his costume.
You could get yourself a black piece of cloth, or an hankie, then shape it accordingly.
Alligator Eater

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
I had Action Man when I was growing up. I think the Desert Rat outfit he had had the Shemagh as part of his costume.
You could get yourself a black piece of cloth, or an hankie, then shape it accordingly.
Oh yeah, the desert rat outfit comes with the shemagh. Remember the movie "Lawrence of Arabia" with Peter O'Toole? He portrayed the British Colonel T.E. Lawrence who wore shemagh during his involvement in the Arab Revolt and World War One. Shemagh is actually a great "tool" for the soldiers in both desert and temperate environments to keep sand out of their face. Unlike those COWARD radical Muslim terrorists who wear shemagh to hide their face.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••