Born Gay? NOT

Nov 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

Will our child grow up to be gay or straight? Can we note his or her play style, dress preferences, manner of walking and interests, and accurately predict whether he or she will fall in love with, or feel sexual towards a man or a woman? Blogger and psychologist Jesse Bering is clearly torn.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
nobita89

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

one i dont like to argue about. i was born gay.
nobita89

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

Weddings can be so stressful leading up to the day , so many loose ends in need of tying up! After searching endlessly with no luck I was so relieved to stumble across a hand tooled, genuine leather guest register book on Ebay of all places. The best thing was how quickly the seller Rebel Rock Ranch responded to my questions, contacted me and even sent the book express post with no extra charge just in the nick of time for our special day. The book was exquisite and I would just wanted to pass the details on-www.rebelrockranch@hotmail. com or search on ebay

As someone who avoids shopping centres at all times around the festive season I was over the moon when i got a pile of quirky gifts for my family from online -http://www.rebelrockranch.com “The Cowgirls cookbook “with instructions on how to make a cardboard oven for the girl cooking on the range and the “Cowboys cookbook” with recipes from the range to the rodeo! Sure to get a response from my parents who are impossible to buy for. They have heap of fun and interesting stuff, check it out

http://www.thelesbianbar.com/forums/showthrea...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Judged:

If straight people are born straight then gay people are born gay. If everyone was born straight we'd all be straight. Why the hell would someone decide to change their sexual orientation?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Just returned from a medical research meeting that I'm involved with. For all you thinking "The Gay" is a choice, here is a little heads up on some new research being conducted in 8 nations around the world.

The article published in "Psychology Today" was discussed at the meeting and most researchers felt that her observational methodology was flawed and when pressed after publication, she stated she had not conducted clinical studies to verify her assumptions.

She wrote: "let's imagine developmental traces that result from periods during which dyadic sensory inputs shape the developing nervous system, associated with periods during which infants acquire knowledge about gender from their surrounding world, and followed by periods during which this knowledge about the external world begins to transform itself into self-knowledge. There is a transition from pre-symbolic, pre-linguistic knowledge to symbolic knowledge that uses language. It is in this period that gendered preferences start to emerge. So, logically, this is where we need to focus our studies. We need to get the time-line right, and we need to study developmental processes, not fixed images. That's how we can move forward."

The research I'm working on is not finished yet, but the preliminary data indicates that homosexuals have a slightly to dramatically larger medulla, which is part of the brain at its base and develops in the very early phase of the 1st trimester, way before the dyadic sensory inputs are even developed. Therefore it is looking more like a genetic development and not a environmental adaptation as inferred by Prof. Anne Fausto-Sterling.

After nearly 10 thousand subjects being scanned and interviewed from all genders. We qualified them related to their gender attraction and love response, the correlation between the scans of the brain and their interview responses indicates a biological indicator as to the person's gender attraction, being gay or straight.

The anticipated release and publishing of the data is in about a year or two. The medulla is the part of the brain that forms first and controls autonomic functions such as cardiac function, breathing, vomiting, blood pressure, etc. So far there is no indication that the preliminary data will not hold up through the rest of the study period. Therefore, the argument that they choose their gender attraction will be invalidated as well as Prof. Anne Fausto-Sterling assumptions.

From a civil liberty point of view, the 14th Amendment of equality under the law must prevail since it is biological and not a choice. The same as the color of ones skin.

Now fight over that... Have fun..
texas yeah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Dr Wise wrote:
Just returned from a medical research meeting that I'm involved with. For all you thinking "The Gay" is a choice, here is a little heads up on some new research being conducted in 8 nations around the world.
The article published in "Psychology Today" was discussed at the meeting and most researchers felt that her observational methodology was flawed and when pressed after publication, she stated she had not conducted clinical studies to verify her assumptions.
She wrote: "let's imagine developmental traces that result from periods during which dyadic sensory inputs shape the developing nervous system, associated with periods during which infants acquire knowledge about gender from their surrounding world, and followed by periods during which this knowledge about the external world begins to transform itself into self-knowledge. There is a transition from pre-symbolic, pre-linguistic knowledge to symbolic knowledge that uses language. It is in this period that gendered preferences start to emerge. So, logically, this is where we need to focus our studies. We need to get the time-line right, and we need to study developmental processes, not fixed images. That's how we can move forward."
The research I'm working on is not finished yet, but the preliminary data indicates that homosexuals have a slightly to dramatically larger medulla, which is part of the brain at its base and develops in the very early phase of the 1st trimester, way before the dyadic sensory inputs are even developed. Therefore it is looking more like a genetic development and not a environmental adaptation as inferred by Prof. Anne Fausto-Sterling.
After nearly 10 thousand subjects being scanned and interviewed from all genders. We qualified them related to their gender attraction and love response, the correlation between the scans of the brain and their interview responses indicates a biological indicator as to the person's gender attraction, being gay or straight.
The anticipated release and publishing of the data is in about a year or two. The medulla is the part of the brain that forms first and controls autonomic functions such as cardiac function, breathing, vomiting, blood pressure, etc. So far there is no indication that the preliminary data will not hold up through the rest of the study period. Therefore, the argument that they choose their gender attraction will be invalidated as well as Prof. Anne Fausto-Sterling assumptions.
From a civil liberty point of view, the 14th Amendment of equality under the law must prevail since it is biological and not a choice. The same as the color of ones skin.
Now fight over that... Have fun..
I find this very interesting & I'll be looking forward to hearing more about this. Have watched several other people's kids grow up to be gay & it was obvious to me at a very early age. It's hard to say it would be a conscious choice the kid made when he was, like, six. I'd also like to hear about the difference between women and men, and in how many of these people past sexual abuse becomes a variable in the study.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

won't that wreak havoc with narth and it's followers?

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

I think it's a stupid argument. So what if you're born gay or not ? It really has no bearing on whether you have Constitutional Rights.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

well, fred, you do have a point.
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

Of course your born gay.Just like you can be born straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••