China Seeks Foreign Firms, Brands

China Seeks Foreign Firms, Brands

There are 2 comments on the Manufacturing.net story from Apr 27, 2010, titled China Seeks Foreign Firms, Brands. In it, Manufacturing.net reports that:

A -- The economics of Barbie dolls helps explain why Chinese companies are increasingly snapping up famous brands like the most recent big target: Volvo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manufacturing.net.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Philippines

#1 Apr 27, 2010
GUANGZHOU, China (AP)-- The economics of Barbie dolls helps explain why Chinese companies are increasingly snapping up famous brands like the most recent big target: Volvo.

Chinese officials and businesses cite a much-noted analysis by UBS economist Dong Tao who said the busty plastic doll is sold for $20, but the Chinese manufacturer only earns 35 cents from that. The lesson: the big money is in owning the brand, not just making it for foreign companies.
Plush toy manufacturer

Fremont, CA

#3 Jun 16, 2010
We are plush toy manufacturer in China.
Welcome to our website www.kinwow.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
barbie harley davidson ~50th anniversary~pink l... (Oct '15) Aug 14 bbodziak 2
Checkout my collection of Barbies Aug 14 bbodziak 1
How to get the ponytail shape out? Jul '16 Jadenblah 1
News Husband Makes Black Game Developer Barbie For H... Jul '16 Oh No You Di-nt 1
Beach barbie unopened May '16 Pearl 1
Mattel White Swan Hotel Going Home Adoption #4 Mar '16 Carolc 1
News Barbie's new body: curvy, tall and petite (Feb '16) Feb '16 Zugzwang 1
More from around the web