Iran Bans Barbie: 'Meet Dara and Sara'

Jan 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Arutz Sheva Israel News

The Iranian morality police are extending the long reach of the law to dolls, and has activated an official ban on the sale of Barbies.

Meet Dara and Sara -- complete with a little head scarf for the eight year old Muslim girl doll ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Judged:

from Arutz Sheva Israel News:

"The ban on the pert little American teenage doll produced by the U.S.-based Mattel Company, as well as the accessories she comes with, is part of the response to tightened sanctions against the Islamic Republic by Western nations. Muslim clerics had already succeeded in banning the curvaceous cutie in Saudi Arabia in 2003, outlawing Barbie altogether by declaring her 'offensive to Islam.'

"But Islamic leaders in Iran have been complaining about Barbie's 'destructive cultural and social consequences' since 1996."
Buford

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Judged:

What about Burqa Barbie???
http://www.joannejacobs.com/2009/11/burka-bar...
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Judged:

SalaamZ! Great Idea! ban the whitesupremist sex icons from disturbing the innocence of our very impressionable children. Bastrdz! that they are for targeting innocence with their insidious malevolent purposeful lack of morality and corrupted capitalist agendas! ALLAHs Curse upon the corporate slothes and leeches! LOL! CheerZ!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••