‘Adventurous’ Woman Needed as Surroga...

‘Adventurous’ Woman Needed as Surrogate for Neanderthal Baby

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Oct 12

Montréal, Canada

#1 Apr 23, 2013
Link to article http://bit.ly/W7dlVW
I’m concerned about the ethics of this. What justification is there to bring a single, sentient humanoid into the world where he or she will never find other Neanderthals to breed or communicate with (obviously Neanderthals were also highly social primates). Alongside this, the genetic drive to breed could never be accomplished and it’s not as if the individual would have any chance of normal friendships with humans with the stigma that will surround their very existence. Who actually that this is anything other than deplorable? I would like to know more about the scientific justification for this, because I can see the massive moral debates and legal and ethical issues this will cause will vastly outweigh any benefits to evolutionary biology…
Thoughtful Chap

Southbury, CT

#2 Apr 24, 2013
ericaTheSmart wrote:
Link to article http://bit.ly/W7dlVW
I’m concerned about the ethics of this. What justification is there to bring a single, sentient humanoid into the world where he or she will never find other Neanderthals to breed or communicate with (obviously Neanderthals were also highly social primates). Alongside this, the genetic drive to breed could never be accomplished and it’s not as if the individual would have any chance of normal friendships with humans with the stigma that will surround their very existence. Who actually that this is anything other than deplorable? I would like to know more about the scientific justification for this, because I can see the massive moral debates and legal and ethical issues this will cause will vastly outweigh any benefits to evolutionary biology…
Actually, humans and Neanderthals lived side by side for thousands of years. There is credible evidence that they even bred with one another. Most of the population carry some Neanderthal DNA.

Despite what museum dioramas depict, Neanderthals didn't look that different from us. If you passed one on the street, you'd never know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Just Think 646,653
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Buck Crick 48,772
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Buck Crick 281,266
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Joe Fortuna 971,703
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min Student 44,697
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,065
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr Lbj 16
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 105,621
More from around the web