Is Michelle Obama a disbarred Attorney?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fabio

Miami Beach, FL

#1 Mar 8, 2009
Michelle Obama is on COURT ORDERED INACTIVE STATUS--order said since she has been placed INACTIVE that "no malpractice record required."

WHAT DID SHE DO THAT in 1993 -- AFTER only 4 YEARS -- HER LICENSE to PRACTICE LAW WAS REVIEWED AND PUT ON INACTIVE by a DISCIPLINARY AGENCY?

What Is the ARDC?(this is NOT the Illinois Bar-where one can voluntarily be inactive) As our name implies, the ARDC is the agency of the Supreme Court of Illinois which registers attorneys and investigates complaints of misconduct filed against attorneys holding a license to practice law in Illinois.

Our principal purpose is to assist the Supreme Court to determine a lawyer's fitness to practice law in Illinois. If a complaint is made that an attorney, licensed to practice law in Illinois, has engaged in illegal, unethical or dishonest conduct, we will investigate and, if warranted, bring formal disciplinary charges. The Supreme Court of Illinois will then ultimately decide if a lawyer should be censured (publicly rebuked), suspended (having the law license to practice either taken away for a certain period of time or placed on a probationary period) or disbarred (having the law license taken away indefinitely).
http://www.atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_...
Jay

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2009
Michelle is not disbarred. She is on VOLUNTARY inactive status. There are many reasons an attorney would take inactive status-- "mommy track" is a common one, so is taking a job that does not require maintaining an expensive law license. Barack, BTW is shown as "retired" in 2008. Personally, I am on inactive status in Indiana because I have a job that only requires my Illinois license, and I got tired of paying all of the fees for Indiana.
Barry

Seoul, Korea

#3 May 11, 2009
Michelle Obama is on COURT ORDERED INACTIVE STATUS.

This means is is NOT involuntary, the court FORCED her NOT to practice law in Illinois. To have the court order you to be inactive indicates she screwed up somewhere. Maybe the British newspapers will find out the truth, just like they found Obama's aunt living illegally in Boston. I guess the New York Times couldn't send someone out there to check into it...
Mike

Spring Lake, NC

#4 May 11, 2009
Interesting stuff. Guess this will be called "Lawyergate".

Ah, the "gate"s. Its Slick Willy all over again.
sardis

Chicago, IL

#5 May 12, 2009
Jay wrote:
Michelle is not disbarred. She is on VOLUNTARY inactive status. There are many reasons an attorney would take inactive status-- "mommy track" is a common one, so is taking a job that does not require maintaining an expensive law license. Barack, BTW is shown as "retired" in 2008. Personally, I am on inactive status in Indiana because I have a job that only requires my Illinois license, and I got tired of paying all of the fees for Indiana.
What are the fees?$300 a year? The media will protect their darling obama family no matter what. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was disbarred but we will never know because she is going to be protected. The media is more interested in her toned arms and clothing choices.
sardis

Chicago, IL

#6 May 12, 2009
Mike wrote:
Interesting stuff. Guess this will be called "Lawyergate".
Ah, the "gate"s. Its Slick Willy all over again.
Not a chance. Obama is the media darling of the century.
We da Peoples

Gettysburg, PA

#7 May 22, 2009
Seems Obama and his wife have a big cover up going on here. Why would Obama have several attorneys blocking access to his birth certificate and college information and now we find out that Michelle has been disbarred by way of court order but it does not say what happened. Where is the media for the people?
DeLeon

Hallandale, FL

#8 May 23, 2009
Has anyone ever heard of companies offering people to "voluntarily" resign rather than get fired. If you do your research it clearly said "she is court ordered not to practice law"
Also, if she left the practice to be a mom, how did she know she was going to be a mom years later. This happened in 1993 that would make her oldest daughter about 16 years old. HMMMM?
Please read on Public records.
ARDC Individual Attorney Record of Public Registration and Public Disciplinary and Disability Information as of December 17, 2008 at 11:09:14 AM:
Full Licensed Name: Michelle Obama
Full Former name(s): Michelle Lavaughn Robinson
Date of Admission as Lawyer
by Illinois Supreme Court: May 12, 1989
Registered Business Phone: Not available online
Illinois Registration Status: Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law - Last Registered Year: 1993
Malpractice Insurance:
(Current as of date of registration;
consult attorney for further information) No malpractice report required as attorney is on court ordered inactive status.
Mike

Farmville, NC

#9 May 24, 2009
I find it amazing that only 8 people give a shit about this enough to even post a comment. If Laura Bush had so much as sneezed without a tissue the media would've been all over her like fire ants on steroids but our new "First Lady"(tasting vomit as I post that)gets a free pass on the graveyard in her closet.
Its really un-freaking-believable.
Dave

Boynton Beach, FL

#10 May 30, 2009
Un freakin believable. Where is the "Transparency" on this issue. Doesn't seem to exist. What a joke. Doesn't anyone care that she is dishonest. She obviously did something unethical as found by the ARDC and had a choice to basically either "surrender" or if you go to trial and are found guilty then the cats out of the bag. She knew she did something wrong and this was the only way to "cover up" the truth and move forward with her life. Anyone who says different needs to get their head out of their a**

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#11 May 30, 2009
Who cares. She isn't practicing law.
Kadee

United States

#12 Jun 2, 2009
Mike and Dave are so right--How would anyone find out? That's just not fair to hammer everyone else's character in the world, yet let her unethical or illegal or whatever behavior get by scot free. Doesn't anyone care about the integrity for the position of "First Lady" of the United States or better yet, the President of the United States?
stardog

Roswell, NM

#13 Jun 2, 2009
A "title" or "office" only has as much integrity as the person who fills it. Too bad you and millions of other sheep chugged down so much of the kool-aid that you think an office, a uniform or badge somehow validates the person behind it as trust worthy. Laura Bush has been investigated for murder, extortion and other crimes since she was 17 and she hit and killed an ex-boyfriend with her car, under "interesting" circumstances. Michelle Obama is no different, and as the power of the internet grows, the more the truth will come out.
Abby

Hillsdale, NY

#14 Jun 21, 2009
I didn't vote for Obama because I took the time to check out everything he claimed on the campaign trail. I found it intriguing how desperate Barack and Michele were to prove they were Black. The claim of food stamps ( a lie). His mom was already remarried to an Indonesia oil exec/ plus his white grandma was VP of Hawaiian Bank/ and food stamps weren't issued in Hawaii during time he claimed. His mom and insurance problems. Hardly his mom PhD worked (left him with grandparents) for USAID/Ford Foundation. She had the best of coverage. Admitted to Sloan Kettering upon (94) return to US. He a Harvard grad - duh, why would she have any problems. Fact is in the year she had left to live (died in '95) he never visited her. He was too busy doing his book tour/ and running for state senate. Above all this most influenced me NOT to vote for him. If a man can't visit his dying mom he ain't gonna care squat about me (my opinion). I can't find a record/photos of Michele -children with Hawaiian grandmother. WHY hasn't the press done any story on his aunt (he wrote of her in his book) coming here in 2000 and getting right into public housing!! As a social worker I had clients waiting eight years. She was ordered back to Kenya (immigrant status turned down) in 2003/ which she ignored. Some months back there was another hush hush hearing/ decision delayed until 2010. WHY in God's name does he have an aunt (with their money) collecting welfare and living off taxpayers? How about his step brother George (Vanity Fair - Italy) living on a DOLLAR a week in a shack! They complained about auto workers/ huh, when Michele got a 263% raise when Barack caught the golden ring (US Senator) making gulp,$316,000 a year to refer poor Blacks to OTHER Chicago hospitals. Their daughters attended expensive private school (Chicago) but the FIRST thing he did on arriving in Washington was to cancel VOUCHERS for 1,700 kids and 200 others set for next year!! So much for D.C. kids wanting a better life eh?

I also didn't know in their 1.6 mill mansion that they had a chef (GUS) who they took to Washington/ or that Michele's dad made $43,000 a year (my dad died never making this) and her mom (not her babysitter) worked as a secretary for Chicago University Hosp (which gave family a good income). She only quit when Barack ran for office as President....and more but enough for me. I find it pathetic this 'herd' mentality of people. Sickening.

They won't check anything. We didn't elect American Idol for goodness sakes. He only has 141 days as Senator/ Granted the children are adorable/ sad though that other kids (Black & White) in this economy are suffering such deprivation. American citizens are so ill informed and such camp followers/ Sadly there have been other times in history when people permitted themselves to be blinded.
Original Duke

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jun 24, 2009
Again the GOP propaganda at work.. attack attack and attack and hope something will stick.. it has not! How about your hypocrit Senator Ensign who is a Promise Keeper sleeping with a married women and paying her family off? What about that? How about your GOP Governor from SC who just takes off to Argentina? Hmmm.. looks like all the GOP does is attack and they are nothing more than hypocrits! Oh but wait, they are christians, so they are forgiven, cause they have that Get me out of hell card in thier back pocket. Its always convienent for them when they mess up and justify thier actions.... Please.. get real... all your attacks do nothing but make you look silly...
Mike

Kinston, NC

#16 Jun 24, 2009
Original Duke wrote:
Again the GOP propaganda at work..
Yup. You got it, bub. Anyone who finds it amusing that a disbarred attorney gets a free pass by the mainstweam media must be a GOP party official.

You were talking 'bout propaganda?
raerae

Redmond, WA

#17 Jun 24, 2009
Original Duke wrote:
Again the GOP propaganda at work.. attack attack and attack and hope something will stick.. it has not! How about your hypocrit Senator Ensign who is a Promise Keeper sleeping with a married women and paying her family off? What about that? How about your GOP Governor from SC who just takes off to Argentina? Hmmm.. looks like all the GOP does is attack and they are nothing more than hypocrits! Oh but wait, they are christians, so they are forgiven, cause they have that Get me out of hell card in thier back pocket. Its always convienent for them when they mess up and justify thier actions.... Please.. get real... all your attacks do nothing but make you look silly...
Wait, Obama is a christian too... so how does that work?
John Tester

Memphis, TN

#18 Jun 26, 2009
Jay wrote:
Michelle is on Involuntary inactive status not voluntary. In 1993 she was under discipinary review was put on permanent Involuntary inactive status by the Supreme Court of Il. Need to get your facts straight....but then again you stated that you had a law degree so that explains everything.
WantTruth

Nashville, TN

#19 Sep 12, 2009
Dave - It's not that we don't give a darn. You really have to search to find this information. It isn't reported in the main stream media. Not even on Fox.

Great!! We have a Liar in Chief and First Liar in the White house!
Nancy B of NJ

Blairstown, NJ

#20 Sep 20, 2009
I think shopping at J.Crew, working out, ordering about 20 assistants, getting 36 cars and a limo in motion so I can buy a vegetable a block away, and proclamating about what others should be doing (while the rules are different for me) sounds like a lot more fun than practicing law. Long live Her Majesty, Queen Michelle!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Pariah 63,507
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min trifecta1 973,687
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min confrinting with ... 653,743
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min Peter Ross 445,462
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 58 min Classic 3,799
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,230
Just chatt 1 hr Alone 17
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 281,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Steve III 618,728
More from around the web