I'm looking for a writer to write my ...
lawer

Mount Vernon, KY

#21 Nov 30, 2008
excuse me but with ur attitude u will not get far

“no religion = peace”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#22 Nov 30, 2008
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>.
Hun please IUniverse they are terrible. No one with any real sense would go there, are you kidding me? OMG, LOL!
And no LIFETIME would not be interested as they would not accept anything un solicited. Please we know this already.
lol, sitting around home as a stay at home mom, behind the computer drinking wine, does not constitute being a writer in the "biz" for a long time.

publishers, writers, agents etc.. take unsolicited works everyday, they have a "no unsolicited" policy stated so soccer moms will not fill their mailbox with a bunch of stupid california stories about their boring lives and boring kids.
the true talent and movers in the "biz" will not take a chance on missing out on a money maker$, they will look at anything and everything or otherwise have a staffer look at it. trust me, I know!
Shackled

Cherry Hill, NJ

#23 Nov 30, 2008
Marshmae.....

Your story about your sister interests me.

I am not a professional writer, but believe I have enough skills to write effectively.

There is a problem.

In this land we inhabit, many incidents have taken place in the past that leave us all baffled and bewildered.

The 9/11 tragedy affected me so much that I decided to write over 70 chapters about the Twin Towers, and then solved it for my own satisfaction.

I've written for Yahoo Answers, only to get booted off when I expressed candidly what needs to be done to remove child mollesters that live nearby.

Then I tried to figure out why it became so d++mned "politically correct" to go along with the flow, when everyone appears to be wrong.

...because, it keeps our economy going when we have goofballs on drugs doing harm to the community, or perverts online raping our young and innocent.

Yeah! As crazy as it sounds, it is what keeps our economy going...keeps police working...keeps prison guards on jobs...keeps drug dealers buying expensive property.

See, the people who do right and live by the letter of the law seem to get the shaft all the time, while the vermin get all the glory in our now twisted society.

Therefore, I truly sympathize with your tragic story, and I have lived by the law best I could...but nobody cares enough to want to make a big statement about the many corrupt people who allow things like this to happen.

I didn't want to disillusion you into thinking your story won't be accepted, it's just that I believe the population is now dumbed down and those in power like it that way.

Good luck.

Since: Nov 08

AOL

#24 Dec 1, 2008
I have all the local articles printed on this story, the investigation report, autopsy reports, info on the lawsuit since I was listed the administrator of my sister's estate, the trial court order and various other information. I have already done a lot research and plan to continue researching.

“think out of the box”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#25 Dec 1, 2008
marshmae wrote:
I have all the local articles printed on this story, the investigation report, autopsy reports, info on the lawsuit since I was listed the administrator of my sister's estate, the trial court order and various other information. I have already done a lot research and plan to continue researching.
There will always be people who will say that "you can't do it, there is nothing more to the story, you may as well quit and not disrupt your life".....

Clearly, you are very passionate about this - not only that, but this was your sister and her children. If it were my brother (in your case, sister), I wouldn't rest unless I was sure.

Look at the Goldmans.

But, it must be factual - fact checking can be expensive, too. Its either pay for fact checkers or accept the fact that the project will take longer because you and the co-author will be the only final say on fact checking - even if people volunteer.

No, its difficult to get things into Lifetime - one of my best girlfriends, who is a producer/editor in the city, works with them all the time.

Did you try my email? I haven't checked that one yet.
katie lee

Central City, IA

#26 Dec 1, 2008
Shackled wrote:
Marshmae.....
Your story about your sister interests me.
I am not a professional writer, but believe I have enough skills to write effectively.
There is a problem.
In this land we inhabit, many incidents have taken place in the past that leave us all baffled and bewildered.
The 9/11 tragedy affected me so much that I decided to write over 70 chapters about the Twin Towers, and then solved it for my own satisfaction.
I've written for Yahoo Answers, only to get booted off when I expressed candidly what needs to be done to remove child mollesters that live nearby.
Then I tried to figure out why it became so d++mned "politically correct" to go along with the flow, when everyone appears to be wrong.
...because, it keeps our economy going when we have goofballs on drugs doing harm to the community, or perverts online raping our young and innocent.
Yeah! As crazy as it sounds, it is what keeps our economy going...keeps police working...keeps prison guards on jobs...keeps drug dealers buying expensive property.
See, the people who do right and live by the letter of the law seem to get the shaft all the time, while the vermin get all the glory in our now twisted society.
Therefore, I truly sympathize with your tragic story, and I have lived by the law best I could...but nobody cares enough to want to make a big statement about the many corrupt people who allow things like this to happen.
I didn't want to disillusion you into thinking your story won't be accepted, it's just that I believe the population is now dumbed down and those in power like it that way.
Good luck.
I agree with you...99% of victims of crime are ignored as in our country now of days, the criminal has all the rights. I have seen it time and time again. Laws are made to protect the vilians not the victims, and anyone who tells you different is full of it!!! I see little justice in our time, or the near future. Look at the prisons, they run the joints, do as they damn well please, now tell me that isn't true??? God help all of us who obey the laws, as we certainly are NOT protected, not really!

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#27 Dec 1, 2008
lawer wrote:
excuse me but with ur attitude u will not get far
HUN I am in the business, I got the head of Discovery sitting in my living room with the hubby.

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#28 Dec 1, 2008
the sun king wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, sitting around home as a stay at home mom, behind the computer drinking wine, does not constitute being a writer in the "biz" for a long time.
publishers, writers, agents etc.. take unsolicited works everyday, they have a "no unsolicited" policy stated so soccer moms will not fill their mailbox with a bunch of stupid california stories about their boring lives and boring kids.
the true talent and movers in the "biz" will not take a chance on missing out on a money maker$, they will look at anything and everything or otherwise have a staffer look at it. trust me, I know!
Sorry hun maybe the B list folks take unsolicited material but no, you must have an agent, or it violates the WGA contract. What else do you want to know?
HUN no my husband gets scripts sent everyday and they go straight to the trash, they are not even opened. Why? There is so much material and so many shows going down right now, due to pending strike.
BTW sorry I rarely drink. And let me know when you can find a B,C or D List agent.
Believe me, my husband gets hundreds of scripts sent to him each week. Unless we get it from an agent, lawyer or manager, it goes in the garbage. No Producers want to accept any scripts as who knows, they can get sued should someone "steal" an idea.
Where do you get your information? Some writers conference?

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#29 Dec 1, 2008
marshmae wrote:
Make sure you have the POLICE records that is what a writer will need.

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#30 Dec 1, 2008
paintedquote wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be people who will say that "you can't do it, there is nothing more to the story, you may as well quit and not disrupt your life".....
Clearly, you are very passionate about this - not only that, but this was your sister and her children. If it were my brother (in your case, sister), I wouldn't rest unless I was sure.
Look at the Goldmans.
But, it must be factual - fact checking can be expensive, too. Its either pay for fact checkers or accept the fact that the project will take longer because you and the co-author will be the only final say on fact checking - even if people volunteer.
No, its difficult to get things into Lifetime - one of my best girlfriends, who is a producer/editor in the city, works with them all the time.
Did you try my email? I haven't checked that one yet.
PQ also stock footage of local media at the time the event happened. That would be good to have too.

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#31 Dec 1, 2008
the sun king wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have three published books a weekly column and a TV show, let me know?

“no religion = peace”

Location hidden

#32 Dec 1, 2008
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have three published books a weekly column and a TV show, let me know?
yeah right....in the trash. you have no idea, from what you're describing I can tell you're small fries.

“think out of the box”

Location hidden

#33 Dec 1, 2008
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
PQ also stock footage of local media at the time the event happened. That would be good to have too.
Yes.......

;)

There are a lot of sources for information that seem unimportant but, like puzzle pieces, when resourced and put together, they are pertinent and help complete the story.

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#34 Dec 1, 2008
the sun king wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah right....in the trash. you have no idea, from what you're describing I can tell you're small fries.
Yah, right, we are so small, thanks where you live? LOL!

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#35 Dec 1, 2008
paintedquote wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.......
;)
There are a lot of sources for information that seem unimportant but, like puzzle pieces, when resourced and put together, they are pertinent and help complete the story.
Yah sun king above thinks we know shit, LOL!

“think out of the box”

Location hidden

#36 Dec 1, 2008
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah sun king above thinks we know shit, LOL!
Well, that's their problem.

Gonna try and check that other email, now.

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#37 Dec 1, 2008
paintedquote wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's their problem.
Gonna try and check that other email, now.
So funny, and lives in GA, LOL! Hell even their football team sucks this year! LOL!
Shackled

Cherry Hill, NJ

#38 Dec 2, 2008
Haven't found a writer yet?

Instead, you seem to have opened a debate about how to get published.

My observations tell me that the most important issues don't get published.

Perhaps that would upset a whole lot of people...influential people...people who may collude.

Just look at what books become best sellers, and most seem dull.

Then, see what gets put on media these days...all junk.

I have to repeat myself...the society we evolved into is all about dumbing down.

Your story should be told.

The problem is...what protection you will have should it name names and disrupt a chain of corrupt officials.

Life became cheap, as you can plainly see through that story.

It keeps getting cheaper all the time.

That is why many people keep low profiles.

“no religion = peace”

Location hidden

#39 Dec 2, 2008
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
So funny, and lives in GA, LOL! Hell even their football team sucks this year! LOL!
that's what I'm talking about, you have no idea...oblivious to the world you have been clawing and scratching at all these yrs. completely transparent. you can only fool yourself. here's a hint, give it up, you'll be happier...

“Long Season Ahead”

Kula, HI

#40 Dec 2, 2008
the sun king wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what I'm talking about, you have no idea...oblivious to the world you have been clawing and scratching at all these yrs. completely transparent. you can only fool yourself. here's a hint, give it up, you'll be happier...
Okay, that is why I live in one of the nicest areas of CALY and you live in Georgia, get over yourself, LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 281,854
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min bad bob 183,170
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min lightbeamrider 106,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min LAWEST100 653,901
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 35 min samir 19
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 53 min Miguel 169
looking for male pomeranian to breed with 2 yea... (Apr '11) 56 min Wanting new babies 113
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 63,721
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Gabriel 973,749
More from around the web