Since: Nov 08

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

Ive been looking for someone interested in writing a true story. The story is about the death of my 29 year old sister and her three children 3,6 and 9. I dont have a lot of money to payout so I was hoping I could find someone that is interested in recieving royalties and the publicity as part payment.

“Long Season Ahead”

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

marshmae wrote:
Ive been looking for someone interested in writing a true story. The story is about the death of my 29 year old sister and her three children 3,6 and 9. I dont have a lot of money to payout so I was hoping I could find someone that is interested in recieving royalties and the publicity as part payment.
Where are you at? Several of us online are writers but we need more info. Where do you live?
tomcat

Brookville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

Hey marshmae, get on line look up publishing companies, they can tell you all about it...good luck!

“Long Season Ahead”

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

Judged:

tomcat wrote:
Hey marshmae, get on line look up publishing companies, they can tell you all about it...good luck!
Please a publisher would not even take the call unless you have an agent. Against the law. Sounds like a self publish kind of project. Minimum for even a B rated writer is 25K per month to work on anything like this, but if there is interesting subject matter, then someone might write on the come. But would not do that myself. But others here online who are writers might.
tomcat

Brookville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

Well they have "ghost writers" and I never heard that before that you need an agent before you talk to a publisher??? Maybe a local librarian can help with some info, doesn't hurt to ask.

“Long Season Ahead”

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

Judged:

tomcat wrote:
Well they have "ghost writers" and I never heard that before that you need an agent before you talk to a publisher??? Maybe a local librarian can help with some info, doesn't hurt to ask.
A ghost writer well minimum is 25K for a month of work. No publisher will take ANY unsolicited intellectual property. You have to have a LIT AGENT to be your middle man. I know, I am a writer, been in the biz a long time. Although now adays you can self publish with companies like I UNIVERSE there are many others, but then it cost like 10K just for the set up. And do not waste time or money going to writers conferences rarely does anyone make a contact. I am one of the folks that these people pitch stories too. I hate to see folks waste money.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

I live in PA. The story involves the husband getting into drugs without his spouse, my sister knowing at the beginning. He was emotionally and physically abusive. Once she began to realize he was using drugs and she wouldnt tollerate it, her and her three children are pulled out of a deep creek where her car was submerged for 10 days. We burried them on Christmas Eve. There was injustice from the husband, state and city. The incident was rulled suicide/homicide. 6 1/2 years later a trial took place the husband verse the insurance company. The judge rulled the incident an accident not intentional. The state and city had reason to protect themselves thats why the family and friends believe it was ruled suicide/homicide. The husband was granted thousands of dollars which he wasted on drugs.
I realize it is expensive to hire a writer. I beleive this story could be a sucessful story and I'm looking for a writer that beleives it would be a success.

“Free your mind”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

marshmae wrote:
I live in PA. The story involves the husband getting into drugs without his spouse, my sister knowing at the beginning. He was emotionally and physically abusive. Once she began to realize he was using drugs and she wouldnt tollerate it, her and her three children are pulled out of a deep creek where her car was submerged for 10 days. We burried them on Christmas Eve. There was injustice from the husband, state and city. The incident was rulled suicide/homicide. 6 1/2 years later a trial took place the husband verse the insurance company. The judge rulled the incident an accident not intentional. The state and city had reason to protect themselves thats why the family and friends believe it was ruled suicide/homicide. The husband was granted thousands of dollars which he wasted on drugs.
I realize it is expensive to hire a writer. I beleive this story could be a sucessful story and I'm looking for a writer that beleives it would be a success.
Hi, marshmae. Sad story, and not surprising that the local politicians would cover their butts. Happens too much. Do you have links to local news articles about this incident and the trial?

“Long Season Ahead”

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

marshmae wrote:
Going to send this thread to a friend she might be interested. My fee is a very high. I have an agent. But my friend who is an incredible writer, will send her to you. Her avatar is PQ. Okay?

“Free your mind”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Going to send this thread to a friend she might be interested. My fee is a very high. I have an agent. But my friend who is an incredible writer, will send her to you. Her avatar is PQ. Okay?
Painted Quote? Excellent choice. If she isn't interested, or doesn't have the time, let me know. I'll take a look into it further, as I've got some time on my hands since the elections are over.

“Long Season Ahead”

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Painted Quote? Excellent choice. If she isn't interested, or doesn't have the time, let me know. I'll take a look into it further, as I've got some time on my hands since the elections are over.
She would be good.

“think out of the box”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
A ghost writer well minimum is 25K for a month of work. No publisher will take ANY unsolicited intellectual property. You have to have a LIT AGENT to be your middle man. I know, I am a writer, been in the biz a long time. Although now adays you can self publish with companies like I UNIVERSE there are many others, but then it cost like 10K just for the set up. And do not waste time or money going to writers conferences rarely does anyone make a contact. I am one of the folks that these people pitch stories too. I hate to see folks waste money.
Yep - won't find a ghost writer for under $25K a month and even that, as I've come to learn, can depend on where the writer is and connections to certain publishing houses.

Better to propose a deal as originally suggested, where there is co-authorship, some sort of agreed upon fee throughout the project (contractual), an agent in place and then, assuming co-author has approved the story and taken the job, a royalty share contract.

jmo

“Long Season Ahead”

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

paintedquote wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep - won't find a ghost writer for under $25K a month and even that, as I've come to learn, can depend on where the writer is and connections to certain publishing houses.
Better to propose a deal as originally suggested, where there is co-authorship, some sort of agreed upon fee throughout the project (contractual), an agent in place and then, assuming co-author has approved the story and taken the job, a royalty share contract.
jmo
I just trying to tell them the truth, you know hate to see this person get ripped off. Like the Writers Conferences. I do not do them anymore. I did not feel right to me. Giving folks false hope and stuff. Not into that. Very hard to get published today. But I thought hey, this might be fun for you!

“Long Season Ahead”

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Judged:

I think a treatment or first ten pages is what is really needed PQ? You know no one reads past page 10 if it is a YAWN.

“think out of the box”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

marshmae wrote:
Hi Marshmae

It sounds as though there is a lot more to the story than you are sharing, which is wise at this point.

I have a new email that I am going to set up for Topix and then I will come back on and post it to you, ok?

If you like, we can correspond through there more and you can tell me more of the story.

Some1Else also asked a great question about articles, etc. This is, clearly, a story that is going to take a great deal of research.

Sounds interesting.

“think out of the box”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Hi - okay - try an email me @ PaintedQuote@aol.com, okay?

I'll check it in the morning so you don't have to to rush......not sure if it will work but it should.

:)

“think out of the box”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
I just trying to tell them the truth, you know hate to see this person get ripped off. Like the Writers Conferences. I do not do them anymore. I did not feel right to me. Giving folks false hope and stuff. Not into that. Very hard to get published today. But I thought hey, this might be fun for you!
I agree - I see what my brother is going through, now, with his book and its just hard.

All the stars and the moons have to line up, in a lot of ways, too.

There are SO many stories in life to be told - its awful to think of how many go unknown simply because of the financial shortfall in the beginning.

Like I said before, every problem has some sort of a solution.

:)
lawer

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

u can get a true story and send in to lifetime they will do a story on it and movie
lawer

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

www. iuniverse.com on line good luck ilove true stories see ya

“Long Season Ahead”

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

lawer wrote:
www. iuniverse.com on line good luck ilove true stories see ya
Hun please IUniverse they are terrible. No one with any real sense would go there, are you kidding me? OMG, LOL!

And no LIFETIME would not be interested as they would not accept anything un solicited. Please we know this already.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of204
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

560 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 min Hate troublemaking arabs 114,944
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Joyful8118 719,965
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 532,304
krugersdorp abortion clinic 0829544589 westonar... 3 min nanara 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 93,652
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Lyndi 172,202
Placing children in homosexual homes is MORALLY... 8 min andet1987 18
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min WasteWater 256,361
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 54 min Thamizhan 4,467
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••