Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699445 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

jonah

Smithtown, NY

#180688 Apr 3, 2010
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who disputes that criminals should be brought to justice?
Please.
I guess every high level clergy in the catholic church?

since they shift them around instead of notifying the local LE and having them put in jail.

why dont people like you insist on them being punished for their crimes instead of being an apologist on forums like this?

I know that I want them punished for their crimes.

WHY DONT YOU?

WHEN IS ENOUGH GOING TO BE ENOUGH FOR YOU PEOPLE?
a lay apostle

Waterloo, Canada

#180689 Apr 3, 2010
John from NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a pope can resign or retire.
And once he could be deposed or removed from office. That was before the Great Schism when the other head of the Churches could, in council, meet and judge him and remove him if warranted.
Wrong, the leader of Christ's Church can not resign, even if the world is torturing him. And when the rightful leader of Christ's Church is removed by the world, my GOD says this: "Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabitants of the world!"
jonah

Smithtown, NY

#180690 Apr 3, 2010
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who disputes that criminals should be brought to justice?
Please.
THEN YOU AGREE THAT SODOMITES AND RAPISTS OF YOUNG CHILDREN SHOULD BE JAILED?

BUT IT IS OKAY IF THESE VICTIMS ARE RAPED BY catholics AND THESE VICTIMS ARE catholics themselves or relatives of catholic.

I guess people like you hate catholics more than I hate catholicism, since you dont insist that your clergy be put in prison for their crimes
jonah

Smithtown, NY

#180691 Apr 3, 2010
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that is quite true Jonah. the catholic church is not the only one that harbors their pedophiles.
They are in every walk of life. Uncles, sisters, brothers, Moms, Dads.
The sins of people who know about it and do nothing are greater then the person who has done it. That goes for the Pope as well as anyone else.
Mark 9:42-44 (New King James Version)
Jesus Warns of Offenses
42 “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where
‘ Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched
NAME ME ONE CHURCH THAT HARBORS CRIMINALS.

SINCE THIS IS PART OF WHAT WE STAND AGAINST CONCERNING catholicism.

we are talking about so called followers of the Savior,

not the secular world.when these crimes are done in society, the guilty are punished, not removed and placed in another enviroment where they can continue to perpetrate their deviant behavior on more unsuspecting victims

to bad you arent recognizing the difference, THIS IS A RELIGIOUS FORUM, AND SOME CHURCH AINT ACTING RELIGIOUS
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#180692 Apr 3, 2010
jonah wrote:
<quoted text>why?
those people who committ those crimes(and they are crimes that are worthy of even death by lethal injections,imo)should be put in prison or worse and those who have covered up for tehm are just as guilty.
your clergy may escape JUSTICE in this world but NOT THEIR FINAL JUDGEMENT AT THE THRONE OF GOD
We are all going to stand before Gods throne one day, if we start doing what you purpose, it would be no better then a witch hunt.
"Vengence is Mine Saith the Lord, I will Repay."
You are not the judge of men I thank God for that, if you are a minister of Gods word Jonah, you need a reality check, were are the fruits of the spirit operating in you.
Love
Joy
Peace
Longsuffering
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22)
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#180693 Apr 3, 2010
jonah wrote:
<quoted text>
NAME ME ONE CHURCH THAT HARBORS CRIMINALS.
SINCE THIS IS PART OF WHAT WE STAND AGAINST CONCERNING catholicism.
we are talking about so called followers of the Savior,
not the secular world.when these crimes are done in society, the guilty are punished, not removed and placed in another enviroment where they can continue to perpetrate their deviant behavior on more unsuspecting victims
to bad you arent recognizing the difference, THIS IS A RELIGIOUS FORUM, AND SOME CHURCH AINT ACTING RELIGIOUS
Well lets just say I, know from personal experience Jonah but if I took the time I could find it some where here on the net I am sure.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#180694 Apr 3, 2010
a lay apostle wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for nothing. You have a lot to learn. So there is no more altar of God? No Church building? Where do you get holy water? Let me guess, you can make some yourself. Wow, the irony.
sorry there is no holy water, its the oil .
Heb 5:
13: For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14: But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

But let me prove my case.

Oil was used in the Old Testament for anointing.

Ex 29:7
Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him.

In the Old Testament the common believer did not have access to the Holy Spirit in or upon him, but God anointed the priests, the prophets and kings. And it was these people who could and sometimes did have the Holy Spirit on them to do many wonderful deeds for God.

The oil was directly used for the anointing, but this was a symbolic act, as the True anointing comes from the Holy Spirit.

Isa 10:
27: And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Thus it is by the Holy Spirit that this anointing came to empower:

Zech 4:
6: Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

It is the same Holy Spirit today that anoints us, including Jesus:

Luke 4:
18: The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

But when did Jesus get this anointing and power? Or the disciples? It was the infilling of the Holy Spirit. The 2nd work of the Holy Spirit. You will note Jesus didn't preach, teach, or do His miracles until He was anointed. Jesus didn't need to be Born Again, thus didn't need the 1st work of the Holy Spirit. I am NOT denying Christ's deity. But Jesus put down that authority and took up the nature of man. It is the same anointing we can have, but Jesus had it without measure.

Acts 10:
38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

John 14:
12: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

John 3:
34: For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Now back to the point. The Holy Spirit has 2 anointings for us, and the 1st is at salvation:

2 Cor 1:
21: Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22: Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

You see that? This is an anointing, but is only the earnest of the Spirit. Not that we can get it without measure like Jesus had. But we can be overflowing with it when we get the 2nd anointing. Before we go there, lets get another witness of the 1st one:
jonah

Smithtown, NY

#180695 Apr 3, 2010
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all going to stand before Gods throne one day, if we start doing what you purpose, it would be no better then a witch hunt.
You are not the judge of men I thank God for that, if you are a minister of Gods word Jonah, you need a reality check, were are the fruits of the spirit operating in you.
Love
Joy
Peace
Longsuffering
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22)
NO!!

we are all not going to stand before God throne. dont you know waht the Bible says and teaches.

ONLY THE UNGODLY WILL STAND BEFORE GOD AT HIS GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT.

PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME.

IF I DONT KNOW IT TO BE TRUE, THEN I WOULDNT HAVE SAID IT..

the Christian stands before Jesus to receive his/her rewards.

the ungodly will stand before God to receive their reward also.

AGAIN,

NAME ME ONE CHRISTIAN CHURCH THAT HARBORS THEIR RAPISTS AND SODOMITES,

like the rcc does regularly

“May contain peanuts.”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#180696 Apr 3, 2010
a lay apostle wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for nothing. You have a lot to learn. So there is no more altar of God? No Church building? Where do you get holy water? Let me guess, you can make some yourself. Wow, the irony.
Since when was there a requirement for "holy water"? Isn't holy water an invention of turn of the century vampire novels and such?

“May contain peanuts.”

Location hidden

#180698 Apr 3, 2010
Lag Met Jy wrote:
<quoted text> if it is Salvinus the companio of Paul. For the Letter to be authentic. He went to Rome from Corinth to collect it and delivered at Pantus.
We got there in the end, do you see how your previous posts were confusing?

I disagree with your assertion but at least you have made it clear what you are saying now, thankyou for taking the time to clarify what you meant, I suspect it is the old problem of english not being your first language, so I can sympathize.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#180699 Apr 3, 2010
1 John 2:
20: But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
27: But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Ok, I am now going to show that the 2nd work of the Holy Spirit is an anointing also. I already showed you this verse but lets take another look:

Luke 4:
18: The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

When did this occur? When Jesus was saved or born again? Of coarse not, Jesus was born without sin. Jesus was anointed by the Holy Spirit when John the Baptist baptized Him. It is this 2nd anointing which empowers us to do God's works and be a witness to others.

And another repeat:

Acts:10:38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

This page is not about teaching the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. But to testify that the oil mentioned by Jesus in the parable of the 10 virgins is 2 different anointings by the Holy Spirit. We have seen that oil was used to anoint, we also see there are 2 anointings. I think this well testifies that this oil represents such. But lets use another witness. What is this oil used for in the parable? It is used for lamps. The lamp, or candlestick, found in the Tabernacle of Moses and in Solomon's Temple is the symbolic piece representing the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Let me quote some other websites on this:

http://www.christianity.co.nz/trinity6.htm
jonah

Smithtown, NY

#180700 Apr 3, 2010
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Love
Joy
Peace
Longsuffering
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control
read this:

look at the nature of Satan himself and all of the horrors and evil he has caused throughout the history of our world. Some of these fallen angels and evil human beings deserve nothing less than maximum death, which really does line up with their evil natures and personalities.

The real sad part about all of this is why a certain percentage of the angels and humans have chosen to live their lives on the dark side, and to allow themselves to deteriorate to the lower levels of the dark side where they themselves have now become pure evil, giving God no other alternative but to throw them into this lake of fire for the rest of their eternal lives.

None of these angels and humans were born or created pure evil. They all became pure evil over the course of their lives and they freely chose to do so with their own free wills. To fully understand why these humans and fallen angels have chosen to live this life on the dark side, when they also had a chance to choose God and live on the good and righteous side of this life, will probably always remain a mystery.

But for those of you who have chosen Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and have chosen to follow God and all of His ways, you will not have to go through the Great White Throne Judgment. Your final reward is going to be maximum life - and this reward is going to be the New Heaven and the New Earth.
a lay apostle

Waterloo, Canada

#180701 Apr 3, 2010
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry there is no holy water, its the oil .
Heb 5:
13: For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14: But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
But let me prove my case.
Oil was used in the Old Testament for anointing.
Ex 29:7
Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him.
In the Old Testament the common believer did not have access to the Holy Spirit in or upon him, but God anointed the priests, the prophets and kings. And it was these people who could and sometimes did have the Holy Spirit on them to do many wonderful deeds for God.
The oil was directly used for the anointing, but this was a symbolic act, as the True anointing comes from the Holy Spirit.
Isa 10:
27: And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
Thus it is by the Holy Spirit that this anointing came to empower:
Zech 4:
6: Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
It is the same Holy Spirit today that anoints us, including Jesus:
Luke 4:
But when did Jesus get this anointing and power? Or the disciples? It was the infilling of the Holy Spirit. The 2nd work of the Holy Spirit. You will note Jesus didn't preach, teach, or do His miracles until He was anointed. Jesus didn't need to be Born Again, thus didn't need the 1st work of the Holy Spirit. I am NOT denying Christ's deity. But Jesus put down that authority and took up the nature of man. It is the same anointing we can have, but Jesus had it without measure.
Acts 10:
38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
John 14:
12: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 3:
34: For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
Now back to the point. The Holy Spirit has 2 anointings for us, and the 1st is at salvation:
2 Cor 1:
21: Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22: Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
You see that? This is an anointing, but is only the earnest of the Spirit. Not that we can get it without measure like Jesus had. But we can be overflowing with it when we get the 2nd anointing. Before we go there, lets get another witness of the 1st one:
So there is no such thing as holy water? Demons dread holy water! And speaking of anointing with oil, "Who is it that can anoint with oil?" You? No, only a priest can. And only a bishop can give you the last gift, confirmation.
jonah

Smithtown, NY

#180702 Apr 3, 2010
LTM wrote:
1 John 2:
20: But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
27: But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
thank you. that is why people like you need to be reproved by people like me that do have that Annointing from God
Betsy

Fairfax, VA

#180703 Apr 3, 2010
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's called THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST. Demon spirits in the form of POPES,run your church and it's hardly the church that Christ started.There is no way that Christ had anything to do with a so called church that had men such as these devils as it's leaders...
http://www.biblestudysite.com/qtarc2.htm#3
The RCC gives the entire christian world a bad name because the world has been duped into believing that the RCC is the true church. Satan is subtil indeed. The RCC does not represent true christianity nor the church that Christ started.
You are not only in grave error but also are historically challenged. Every bishop traces their orgin back to one of the apostles. You perhaps trace your orgin to Judas the betrayer.

“May contain peanuts.”

Location hidden

#180704 Apr 3, 2010
a lay apostle wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, the leader of Christ's Church can not resign, even if the world is torturing him. And when the rightful leader of Christ's Church is removed by the world, my GOD says this: "Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabitants of the world!"
Popes that resigned;
Benedict IX
Gregory VI
Celestine V
Gregory XII

Seems you are incorrect.
jonah

Smithtown, NY

#180705 Apr 3, 2010
IS "CATHOLIC PRIEST" ANOTHER WAY OF SAYING "PEDOPHILE" OR "SEXUAL ABUSER?"
BY RYAN HICKS
© 1996-2000 Ryan Hicks

The Roman Catholic Church is famous for its murders, rapes, attempted destruction of the Bible, and many other wicked acts. In modern times their ministers have been exposed to be mostly pedophiles, sexual predators, and child pornographers. The Roman Church's response and defense of these pedophiles and sexual abusers is appalling to anyone, Catholic and non-Catholic. If my church responded like that I would know that they were backslidden to hell and would avoid them at all costs.

The God of the Bible and His people DO NOT make excuses for people who rape, murder, molest, commit adultery, and do all manner of wickedness. God and His people are united 100% against such wickedness and they rebuke it in anyone that it is found, not just in non-Catholic's like the Catholic Church does.

Any fair minded Catholic that is truly seeking God will look at the list below and realize that they need to obey the following Scriptures which say,

2 Corinthians 6:14-18
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 18:4-5
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

http://members.fortunecity.com/faithofgod/pre...
a lay apostle

Waterloo, Canada

#180706 Apr 3, 2010
Correction: When the leader of Christ's Church is removed, Archangel Michael says, "Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabitants of earth!"
jonah

Smithtown, NY

#180707 Apr 3, 2010
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not only in grave error but also are historically challenged. Every bishop traces their orgin back to one of the apostles. You perhaps trace your orgin to Judas the betrayer.
I guess that you dont know tony.

his origin traces back to the men(?) of Sodom, that wicked city.

“May contain peanuts.”

Location hidden

#180708 Apr 3, 2010
a lay apostle wrote:
Correction: When the leader of Christ's Church is removed, Archangel Michael says, "Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabitants of earth!"
Really? Where did you read that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Quivering Lip Lib... 71,742
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 995,075
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,424
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 50 min Doctor REALITY 1
Need good hookup adult dating sites 59 min Adam 3
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 5
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Doctor REALITY 125