Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600165 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Fort Wayne, IN

#180636 Apr 3, 2010
Buckster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 9:50 am where I am.
That would explain why you are so chipper! A very bright morning to you this Saturday!I nod off,than wake up,but now have to retire,as my dogs will wake me up again at 5am.

Went to a nice Good Friday service in the church I attend.It was a joint effort between 20 different Evangelical groups.A guest speaker was invited;a black woman who was a former police officer.We in my city know her,as in 1993 while on duty she was shot 5 times at close range by a gang member.

Sherry(her first name)was doing a report in her squad car,at 2am,when a gang member well known in our city as a thug,shot her 5 times,bullets hitting both shoulders,her elbow,and the last her head.She actually died on the spot,but obviously God had other plans for her.Sherry claimed that the 5 bullets all did their job in attempting to either cripple her for life,or end her life.Nevertheless,she survived and lives to tell the story,along with the tragedy of what she went through personally.Her husband divorced her that same year,she had to undergo so many surgeries,and she was filled with hatred for the perpetrator.

The JOURNEY HOME to her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is what stirs that conscience in us all,as to what really matters.Jesus in the power of His resurrection gave to Sherry,not only a new life,but a new focus,and determination to live for HIM,who forgives with the AGAPE of the Father of us all.Sherry's hatred for the gang member was transformed into a heart of praying of him to become a believer.

Very bright and stirring testimony with the foundation of suffering and transforming power of Christ. Not a dry eye in the place,there were over 2000 people in the sanctuary.Take care Buckster,I hope that His resurrecting power gives you a great boost in your life to live the life He wants in you bro!
Pad

Fort Wayne, IN

#180637 Apr 3, 2010
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT is a Roman Catholic Book you idiot. Commisioned by Pope Damasas, translated by St. Jerome and confirmed by a Council. Why accept their book if you reject their authority? Even Jesus said that good fruit can't come from a bad tree.
If the NT is a Roman Catholic Book,than why are its authors all J E W S?The New Testament did not have to be commissioned by Pope Damasas,or translated by St. Jerome and confirmed by a council to be used By God who inspired the Apostles to write its content.Those individuals who commissioned and translated were all subject to the HIGH Authority of God,not because their organization was the right one,but that it was the only dominating force in that time period that considered itself the authority to USE the New Testament for the existing church.

The Church is comprised of human beings who either follow God with great devotion or little.There are those of great stature,and little stature.And authority has always been given to those who are of greater stature in the political sense,of WHO is in charge.It does not matter that the existing church called itself Catholic(UNIVRSAL),but that it was yielded to God,who Is the Doer in the midst of His people.Names mean zilch to God,if those individuals are not subject to His Authority.

The Jews found that out the hard way,read the Old Testament!The Bible is no more Roman Catholic than it is Buddhist.The Hebrews/Jews were used by God to author the Bible,and for His reasons of the Elect of God,no one has any right to claim the Bible belongs to anyone but the JEWS,the Chosen of the Father.The Bible becomes a presented work of God through His inspiration through the Jews/Hebrews,to us all as the Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth!

“May contain peanuts.”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#180638 Apr 3, 2010
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That would explain why you are so chipper! A very bright morning to you this Saturday!I nod off,than wake up,but now have to retire,as my dogs will wake me up again at 5am.
Went to a nice Good Friday service in the church I attend.It was a joint effort between 20 different Evangelical groups.A guest speaker was invited;a black woman who was a former police officer.We in my city know her,as in 1993 while on duty she was shot 5 times at close range by a gang member.
Sherry(her first name)was doing a report in her squad car,at 2am,when a gang member well known in our city as a thug,shot her 5 times,bullets hitting both shoulders,her elbow,and the last her head.She actually died on the spot,but obviously God had other plans for her.Sherry claimed that the 5 bullets all did their job in attempting to either cripple her for life,or end her life.Nevertheless,she survived and lives to tell the story,along with the tragedy of what she went through personally.Her husband divorced her that same year,she had to undergo so many surgeries,and she was filled with hatred for the perpetrator.
The JOURNEY HOME to her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is what stirs that conscience in us all,as to what really matters.Jesus in the power of His resurrection gave to Sherry,not only a new life,but a new focus,and determination to live for HIM,who forgives with the AGAPE of the Father of us all.Sherry's hatred for the gang member was transformed into a heart of praying of him to become a believer.
Very bright and stirring testimony with the foundation of suffering and transforming power of Christ. Not a dry eye in the place,there were over 2000 people in the sanctuary.Take care Buckster,I hope that His resurrecting power gives you a great boost in your life to live the life He wants in you bro!
I went to a great service at the local african church, very uplifting and was then fed to bursting point as the entire congregation feasted together and shared a communion.

“May contain peanuts.”

Location hidden

#180639 Apr 3, 2010
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>If the NT is a Roman Catholic Book,than why are its authors all J E W S?The New Testament did not have to be commissioned by Pope Damasas,or translated by St. Jerome and confirmed by a council to be used By God who inspired the Apostles to write its content.Those individuals who commissioned and translated were all subject to the HIGH Authority of God,not because their organization was the right one,but that it was the only dominating force in that time period that considered itself the authority to USE the New Testament for the existing church.
The Church is comprised of human beings who either follow God with great devotion or little.There are those of great stature,and little stature.And authority has always been given to those who are of greater stature in the political sense,of WHO is in charge.It does not matter that the existing church called itself Catholic(UNIVRSAL),but that it was yielded to God,who Is the Doer in the midst of His people.Names mean zilch to God,if those individuals are not subject to His Authority.
The Jews found that out the hard way,read the Old Testament!The Bible is no more Roman Catholic than it is Buddhist.The Hebrews/Jews were used by God to author the Bible,and for His reasons of the Elect of God,no one has any right to claim the Bible belongs to anyone but the JEWS,the Chosen of the Father.The Bible becomes a presented work of God through His inspiration through the Jews/Hebrews,to us all as the Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth!
Well said.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#180640 Apr 3, 2010
There is very little wisdom on this forum. The more of these posts I read, the more I realize this fact.

Since: May 08

Belle Mead, NJ

#180641 Apr 3, 2010
jonah wrote:
<quoted text>John. what part of "what must I do to be saved" do you not understand?
in that question and the answer given to it, there is no mention of your church, catholic church, nor my church that resulted in the Salvation of that person.
thousands upon thousands were saved and none of our churches were around, contrary to what is said on this forum by some.
SALVATION IS PERSONAL, IT REQUIRES NO CHURCH STATUS.
though I believe FIRMLY that people who get Saved should join a Bible Believing,
which is why I dont take credence with joe highly and aka.
Jesus said if you LOVE Me, keep My commandments.
one is which is to GO TO CHURCH.
If you love Him, you will attach yourself to an church in your area, that God shows you.
Christ founded His Church, why if one could do it alone?

"when two or three are gathered in my name", why if one is enough.

All of the Epistles are written to those in the Church.

They were not op-eds put into the New York Times for anyone to read.

Like it or not, the Church has existed from the time Jesus founded it until today and will forever.

Jesus doesn't force you into His Church. But the Holy Spirit will guide you to her.

“May contain peanuts.”

Location hidden

#180642 Apr 3, 2010
Tony17 wrote:
There is very little wisdom on this forum. The more of these posts I read, the more I realize this fact.
The more of your own posts you read, you mean.

Belle Mead, NJ

#180643 Apr 3, 2010
Lag Met Jy wrote:
<quoted text>Pope john xxiii was ordained in the early 20Th century. Proves your fabrications.
Actually there were two Pope John XXIII.

The first one kind of struck from the list, as if he did not exist.

Belle Mead, NJ

#180644 Apr 3, 2010
AkaSuitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I ask, please use Scripture when you are refuting Scripture.
Other wise we are simply tossing our opinion out there.
The Apostle Paul wrote about 3/4 of the New Testament. So if I disregard Paul, well, do the math.
How did you conclude I reject Paul's writings?
Scripture please.
You stated "Read the Bible"> OK. I do. But for this subject, what Specific Scripture do you recommend?
Hey John, I am concluding that you and "Lay Apostle" do not really know what your doing. Nor does Dan. I have ascertained this because all of your remarks almost never have Scripture to validate your stance.
It's "Catholic" and then you both state an opinion without using Scripture. Or say"Read the Bible" as if you yourself know something. But you cannot dial in any specific Scripture from the 66 Books. 66 accounts of GOD, and some other 70000 miracles, places, people, prophecies ET...
It's equivalent to someone asking you" How do I get to L.A. in my car"?
You reply "Drive there--thats the route">
As soon as you and Buckster go into how "diverse" in matters of faith the Church was you leave the Epistles.

We in the Church have never taught that, much less promoted it.

If you don't see that in the Epistles (which includes why they were written) you are lost.

If you wish to reject the Church that Christ founded, you are most certainly free to do so.

It wasn't what Jesus wanted of you, but you have your free will to do what you want.

Belle Mead, NJ

#180645 Apr 3, 2010
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord is who say's we are.
(Acts 2:(46)
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
(47) Praising God, and having favour with all the people.
->>>>>And **the Lord** added to the church daily such as should be saved.
Romans 8:16
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him
But again, what is written in the Bible is about those in the Church.

Not to the casual reader.

Belle Mead, NJ

#180646 Apr 3, 2010
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
(Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV)
(8) For my thoughts {are} not your thoughts, neither {are} your ways my ways, saith the Lord.(9) For {as} the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Kinda shows the errors of Protestantism, doesn't it?

“May contain peanuts.”

Location hidden

#180647 Apr 3, 2010
John from NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you and Buckster go into how "diverse" in matters of faith the Church was you leave the Epistles.
We in the Church have never taught that, much less promoted it.
If you don't see that in the Epistles (which includes why they were written) you are lost.
If you wish to reject the Church that Christ founded, you are most certainly free to do so.
It wasn't what Jesus wanted of you, but you have your free will to do what you want.
No one suggested that the church was diverse in matters of faith, so as usual you are wrong.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#180649 Apr 3, 2010
Buckster wrote:
<quoted text>
The more of your own posts you read, you mean.
See. Yet another example of a wisdomless twit,LOL.

Belle Mead, NJ

#180650 Apr 3, 2010
Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text>He said he was sorry. I guess that's not good enough for you, though, is it?
Actually he didn't.

If you read more than the first few words.

Belle Mead, NJ

#180651 Apr 3, 2010
a lay apostle wrote:
<quoted text>No he can't resign. If Pope Gregory XII resigned, then he is still paying for it. It's people like you who will run him out of town and then guess who will replace him? The son of perdition/the first beast/ the destroyer/the accursed one/son of satan/the deceiver. Is this what you want?
Actually a pope can resign or retire.

And once he could be deposed or removed from office. That was before the Great Schism when the other head of the Churches could, in council, meet and judge him and remove him if warranted.

Belle Mead, NJ

#180652 Apr 3, 2010
Buckster wrote:
<quoted text>
John, I have always promoted following the teachings of scripture and back it up with scripture. You argue against scripture, putting your own opinion above it because of your need to be right and your need for me to be wrong. I accept all of what Paul wrote, I try to live my life according to Pauls teachings, Pauls writings speak deeply into my life. I pray that you will gain understanding one day and focus on Christ rather than your religion, at the moment you are shackled to your religion, hence why you argue against scripture constantly in favour of the words of men.
Sounds good, means little.

St. Paul spoke quite often on ONE faith. ONE belief. ONE Church.

The problem is that you don't properly understand what is written in the Bible.

You understand it the way you want to understand it. In the Bible the Church is the pillar of truth, not the individual. You reverse that, thinking that you are the pillar of truth.

Do I accept the authority of the Church founded by Christ? Yes.

Do I do it blindly? No. Nor does the Church expect me to. She encourages me to question what she encourages me to read, the Bible. She doesn't demand that I just accept what she says.

Just as I ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit to guide me to the truth.

If I wasn't born into an Orthodox family, I would have become Orthodox. For within the Orthodox Catholic Church I have found the fullness of the faith once given.

You follow your own "tradition" your own words of men. You are a slave to it. Why? Because it puts you first and the words of Christ second.

“May contain peanuts.”

Location hidden

#180653 Apr 3, 2010
John from NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he didn't.
If you read more than the first few words.
Actually I did.

Belle Mead, NJ

#180654 Apr 3, 2010
Buckster wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a dollar for every person who thinks they can accurately decipher the book of Revelation I would be more wealthy than I am now, significantly more. Perhaps benny is the deceiver you speak of, he has certainly protected the pedophiles.
What you wrote about the book of Revelation is true, and has been for over 1500 years.

To be fair, the current pope has done more to attempt to correct the problem in the Roman Catholic Church than the last not so great pope. Did he make some errors in the past? Perhaps. But he had a great metenoia about this a while back. Enough? Clearly no. Unfortunately "preserve the institution" is still the objective instead of admitting the problem. Thus the nonsense you heard from the Vatican on Good Friday.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#180655 Apr 3, 2010
Well the Roman Catholic Church does not want any controversy

Belle Mead, NJ

#180656 Apr 3, 2010
Buckster wrote:
<quoted text>
No one suggested that the church was diverse in matters of faith, so as usual you are wrong.
You did.

And frankly that diversity is what keeps Protestants going. Neither you nor they will admit that it is wrong. So you promote the "big tent" of Christianity where what you believe doesn't matter so long as you mention Jesus somewhere in your beliefs.

You have a problem that I can accept the proper interpretation of what is written in the Bible provided by the Church. You want me to follow you in that diversity of faith that you promote. Where there is nothing true and nothing false.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Buck Crick 865,893
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 33 min Stranger 413
Gay massages Abu Dhabi (Jun '14) 45 min XxX 34
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Critical Eye 2,081
pijat pasutri bali (Apr '13) 2 hr dheka 54
Middle aged man prefers wearing women's PANTIES 3 hr licketyslit54 1
Christianity is fading away... 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 272,439
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Sun Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sun andy 45
More from around the web