Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670271 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#559351 Sep 6, 2014
who="Anthony MN"]<quoted text>
We call the prayer the "Hail Mary". It's more than just saying "Hail Mary".

----------
How is " Hail Mary" more than "Hail Mary"?
Anthony MN

United States

#559352 Sep 6, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you trying to be devious? we are talking about catholics praying to dead people, not NEIGHBORS.
No CHRISTIAN has a problem with any person asking their NEIGHBOR to pray for them, so YOU are okay on that matter and issue.
BUT NOT PRAYING TO SOME DEAD PERSON THAT YOU DONT EVEN know IF THEY ARE IN HEAVEN.
SO AGAIN, IF YOU HAVE MATERIAL THAT ALLOWS CATHOLICS TO PRAY TO DEAD PEOPLE, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH US(INCLUDING OXBORE).
Question: "What does the Bible say about praying to / speaking to / talking to the dead?"
Answer: Praying to the dead is strictly forbidden in the Bible.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/praying-to-the-de... .
My next question would be this.
why do catholics do everything contrary to what the Bible teaches?
and my answer would be this. because their leaders are working for satan to deceive them and cause them to lose their soul.
Anthony, God doesn't like Catholicism, but He loves people.
We don't pray to the dead. We ask the saints who are alive in heaven to pray to the Father for us.

Preston, God loves the Catholic Church, He founded it through His beloved Son.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#559353 Sep 6, 2014
I used the word "phase" (not phrase). I stand corrected, the more precise use of the "phrase" would be "that doesn't faze me". Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

----------
Sorry for the slip (the 'r'). It is still the same.'Phase' is like saying that 'the child is going through a 'phase'(passing period ) of his life.'Phrase' is a portion of a sentence.
To 'faze' is to confuse/bewilder.
Anthony MN

United States

#559354 Sep 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Hey, Anthony! the Catholic church doesn't have the authority to interpret scripture, either. Of ALL churches it MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT SPEAK FOR GOD.
-
Now, tell me, Anthony ... who ordained this dude?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Innocent_IV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_extirpanda
The successors of the apostles of course. Jesus never promised Peter and the apostles they would be free of sin and not make mistakes. Heck, He chose Judas didn't He?.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#559355 Sep 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
@USA Born ... not to worry, Catholics are so adept at twisting the Word of God that they can twist your words, too.
-
Hey, Liam .... is it Satanic for the leader of your church to issue a Papal Bull calling for the torture of heretics? see if you can pull THIS WIKI PAGE out of the 'water'-- you know you are allowed to *IF* it is false information!
NOW, go fishin'...(this page is just a little minnow in the grand scheme of things...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_extirpanda
It was wrong for the Pope to allow torture. Even though it was a time period very different than today. Sin is sin. Hopefully he repented of his sin before he died. I'm sure God showed him how his error would someday be used against the entire 1 billion member Catholic Church by future fanatics.... how ignorant people like you use this era to justify not being Catholic; how you use this one letter approving torture, to completely blow up his sin 100 times over; EVEN making crap up along the way, like 50 million murdered because of this one sin....

Anywho.....your link said the Pope forbid torture if it involved life or limb. Yesterdays link said the murder and bloodshed was forbidden by the Catholic Church during the Inquisition. Sooo, the obvious question David "guest" Koresh is: do u agree with your own links??

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#559356 Sep 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me...what is a "dren"?
put that word up to a mirror and then read it.lol

couldn't google it, uh?

Location hidden

#559357 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you don't know the prayer or you don't know your bible.
I know what the Bible says, and it says that the angel spoke that greeting to her, anything else is falsely added by the catholic church
Anthony MN

United States

#559358 Sep 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't refute truth based on Scripture....me asking a person to pray for me, whatever my need is at that time, is taught in the Bible..that person prays for me to God in the name of Jesus Christ as taught in the Bible...
The Hail Mary is a prayer to Mary, clearly disregarding the teaching of Christ as to whom to pray to...
Christ said: When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
and: And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Why are you not answering my question: Why would you pray to Jesus??
I do pray to Jesus. I also ask my brothers and sisters in Christ (those present with me here on earth, and those who are alive in the presence of the Father in heaven) to pray to the Father for me.

Your turn. Who are "the great cloud of witnesses" mentioned in the Letter to the Hebrews that we are surrounded by?

Location hidden

#559359 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't pray to the dead. We ask the saints who are alive in heaven to pray to the Father for us.
Preston, God loves the Catholic Church, He founded it through His beloved Son.
I have known for 13 years that God DOESNT love your church, as it is full of lies and liars. satan is the founder of your church, and as such, Jesus will destroy it when he comes to punish satan.

you don't have to believe me, all that I have to do is tell you.

nothing else is required of me but to tell the truth that God has given me.
Anthony MN

United States

#559360 Sep 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the Hail Mary in the Bible...
Here's a good explanation:

http://blessedjp2.com/totus-tuus/where-is-the...
Anthony MN

United States

#559361 Sep 6, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
We call the prayer the "Hail Mary". It's more than just saying "Hail Mary".
----------
How is " Hail Mary" more than "Hail Mary"?
It's the title of the prayer.
Anthony MN

United States

#559362 Sep 6, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
I used the word "phase" (not phrase). I stand corrected, the more precise use of the "phrase" would be "that doesn't faze me". Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...
----------
Sorry for the slip (the 'r'). It is still the same.'Phase' is like saying that 'the child is going through a 'phase'(passing period ) of his life.'Phrase' is a portion of a sentence.
To 'faze' is to confuse/bewilder.
Right. I just admitted I made a mistake using "phase" in the phrase instead of "faze".
Anthony MN

United States

#559363 Sep 6, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the Bible says, and it says that the angel spoke that greeting to her, anything else is falsely added by the catholic church
As I said, the Hail Mary is all bible. Either you don't know the prayer or you don't know your bible.
Anthony MN

United States

#559364 Sep 6, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known for 13 years that God DOESNT love your church, as it is full of lies and liars. satan is the founder of your church, and as such, Jesus will destroy it when he comes to punish satan.
you don't have to believe me, all that I have to do is tell you.
nothing else is required of me but to tell the truth that God has given me.
Narcissistic psychopaths lie all the time. That's why I don't believe you.

Location hidden

#559365 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I do pray to Jesus. I also ask my brothers and sisters in Christ (those present with me here on earth, and those who are alive in the presence of the Father in heaven) to pray to the Father for me.
Your turn. Who are "the great cloud of witnesses" mentioned in the Letter to the Hebrews that we are surrounded by?
what does it matter who those people are? we are commanded NOT to pray to or wish to speak to those who are dead, in body not necessarily in spirit.

I admit that I spoke to my grandfather after he died, BUT he came back to life to speak to me. that is different.

WHY DO YOU TRY AND ARGUE, WHEN THE BIBLE IS CLEAR THAT YOU ARE NOT TO PRAY TO THEM FOR WHATEVER REASON?+

and when we can go directly to our Lord, why accept substitutes, who cant answer prayers even if they did hear us.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#559366 Sep 6, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
We made a memorial to Abe Lincoln,. Doesn't mean we should pray to him.
Honest Abe was not "venerated" by the men of a church to sainthood.

Location hidden

#559367 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissistic psychopaths lie all the time. That's why I don't believe you.
you are like oxbore, you sometimes use words that you don't have a clue as to what their actual meaning are.

please tell me how I would use you to garner any advantage. I am not stepping on you to obtain any gains. nor do I approach catholics as myself being any better than they are with ONE exception. I have Jesus as my Savior while you are depending on satan. that doesn't make me better, JUST SAVED.

Prince George, Canada

#559368 Sep 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I rely upon observation and the wisdom gathered therein from the real world for guidance. Man's written words can lead one astray.
So your source of spiritual inspiration comes from the real world?

Is this the same world that the creator is planning to destroy because of EVIL?

:)

Prince George, Canada

#559369 Sep 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....I live a good life. I know right from wrong and live my life accordingly. Never been arrested, never did illegal drugs, don't abuse women or alcohol, do a good turn for people in need. If there is an all loving God and thats not good enough for him, then thats the God I don't want to know about.
....Millions of christains, Muslims Jews etc. sit in their house of worship every week who break the laws of the land more than I ever did, yet believe because they love their God they will be saved and I won't.
I say BS!!!!!
Well, as long as they all believe they are loved by the gods of their choices and others are doomed to suffer eternal hells ... they will continue on their same paths.

It's been their habits for so long, they are dug right IN.

Prince George, Canada

#559370 Sep 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
But the issue here is not that Mary was pregnant, but was Mary indirectly forced into sexual relations by someone or spirit she did not know of? did Mary really give her consent before the act was performed? Think! Why would Mary want to be pregnant before she was married? Again did Mary have any option of saying no?
... Why would God have sexual relations with a betrothed woman thereby causing her to violate one of His own Commandments?
....or is the whole story made up as I believe.
Catholics will tell you that Mary was THRILLED to be impregnated by God, as it was an honor.

But here's something on which to ponder. Who informed Mary that a God HAD impregnated her?

Did the God tell her, or did men tell her that she was impregnated by a god???

I suggest that Mary was simply a Pagan goddess myth.

Men wrote that story as it was men that wrote ALL religious literature of that era.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min nanoanomaly 980,107
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 100,145
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 4 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 6 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,032
More from around the web