Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

USA Born

Claremont, CA

#559289 Sep 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....I don't believe in this salvation, and I don't cling to any dolls, statues, images or do any kind of idol worship.
....you need to broaden your scope.
I wasn't talking to you.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#559290 Sep 6, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
The Apostle Paul was writing to Rome Italy
He wrote in
Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
.The chapters of the book of Romans .......was written to the Rome not to the Egyptians
there is no book in the Bible called Egyptians....
confronting with the word

When you write a letter to someone, you include things you think about. When Paul was referring to those who made images of man, four footed beasts, birds, and creeping things, he was not talking about Romans per se, but in his mind, he knew what the Egyptians worshipped, especially from the time of the O.T., to which he was well schooled.

It is not explicit, rather implicit within the Letter to the Romans. Consider, that they, the Romans had quite a bit of dealings with the Egyptians, and knew them well. We are separated by time from them both.Remember the Ptolemaic Kingdoms- the Romans ruled Egypt( seated after Alexander the Great about 300 BC), was in effect really until the Arabs took over.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559291 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't really matter. 500 years ago there were zero Christians in North America. If it drops off as significantly as you think it will, it would essentially be a wash. There are more Catholics today than there have ever been. Who cares where they are? We certainly don't.
....ya and just 44 years ago there was no Archie Bunker that lived at 704 Hauser street in Queens Ny.

.........yes catholicism is growing in the poor uneducated countries and continents as missionaries compete head to head with protestants saving lost souls adding to the count.

.....The world population of catholics is up around 1.2 Billion. But the percentage of catholics in the world is 17% of the world population, down from 18% 15 years ago.

.......Your state Minnesnowda is a very devout catholic state compared to most of the other 49.

....we can play with numbers all day long.. The most important number is overall how many catholics today practice their faith as they are required???

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#559292 Sep 6, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, so you are uncertain that Jesus will hear and answer YOUR prayers. as for Born Again Christians, WE KNOW THAT HE HEARS OUR PRAYERS AND HOW DO WE KNOW THAT? BECAUSE THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.LOL@U.
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
YOU CAN FIND THAT FROM YOUR [FIRST] POPE(ALLEGEDLY)
another indication that you don't even know Peter, or you would have n need to ask those who have went on to ask Jesus to hear your prayers.
and another thing, HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT THE PERSON THAT YOU ARE ASKING AND PRAYING TO , even made it to Heaven?
Preston

Peace

It is a good question at the end of your post. And one can go around and around with it. In a sense, whether a person is already in Heaven, or still on the earth, to ask them to pray for you, requires an assumption that they are part of God's Kingdom, on behalf of those who ask....

God may grant the prayer, whether the "prayerer" is in the Kingdom or not. But I think rather it is the faith of the believer, that is important here. Since all the glory is for God alone.

Peace
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559293 Sep 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
A fresh report just came across my desk from the pew research centre. This might make you happy. In 2009 53% of americans claimed to belong to a protestant belief. Today its 48%. During the same time period catholics dropped only 1 percentage point from 23% to 22% of the US population.
The big gainers were the atheists and non religious affiliated. Did you know that in the USA right this minute that 1/3 of all americans under the age of 30 are non religious. That is one large group of people who use to watch George Carlin and followed his message. That means within a generation or 2 these unafiliated will marry and have families and children who will be indoctrinated into non religious lifestyle.
.....I know Anthony you want to blame me for the all changes and the woes of the world. I bring the news that you don't want to know about.........but with protestants dropping 5 points its got to put a smile on the side of your mouth.
It doesn't phase me one bit.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559294 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you weren't a believer when you were a kid. ;0)
....right!...... After I prayed to st Anthony for my lost items, and they weren't returned, and then prayed to st Christopher the patron saint of transportation praying for a bicycle and that never happened, I lost my way in the church. About grade 3.
....up until that point I had said the rosary hundreds of times. I must have a lot of grace stored up somewhere for all my praying back in the day.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559295 Sep 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....ya and just 44 years ago there was no Archie Bunker that lived at 704 Hauser street in Queens Ny.
.........yes catholicism is growing in the poor uneducated countries and continents as missionaries compete head to head with protestants saving lost souls adding to the count.
.....The world population of catholics is up around 1.2 Billion. But the percentage of catholics in the world is 17% of the world population, down from 18% 15 years ago.
.......Your state Minnesnowda is a very devout catholic state compared to most of the other 49.
....we can play with numbers all day long.. The most important number is overall how many catholics today practice their faith as they are required???
Jesus came for the poor, the uneducated, the downtrodden, the persecuted, the weak in spirit. If we WEREN'T those poor countries I'd be concerned.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559296 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
......I never said it would phase you.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559297 Sep 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....right!...... After I prayed to st Anthony for my lost items, and they weren't returned, and then prayed to st Christopher the patron saint of transportation praying for a bicycle and that never happened, I lost my way in the church. About grade 3.
....up until that point I had said the rosary hundreds of times. I must have a lot of grace stored up somewhere for all my praying back in the day.
Riiiiiight.

He look Mike, there's something shiny on the floor....
Robert F

Basile, LA

#559298 Sep 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in the same sock as the Catholics...If ever you can make a choice.....get back to me..
Since no Catholics responded...its logical to say they have no idea who gets pardon from God for their sins......this might help..
A.The priest who hears your confession.
B. Mary
C.Jesus Christ...
Oxbow

If you ask a question, try not to do it with an insult. Then someone might answer.

Isaiah 55:7 "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."

Your assumption is that there are only 3 possibilities. But Isaiah has shown you a fourth. It is not the brightest of questions. So gave you better answer.

Peace

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#559299 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you never, ever ask someone to pray for you? And no one ever asks you to pray for them? Why don't y'all just go straight to Jesus and cut out the middle man?
this reply of yours to me is a good example of the ignorance you possess, Anthony.

for instance you say" no one ever asks you to pray for them" just how many [DEAD] people have asked you to pray for them?

and yes, I have asked several people to Pray for me, and it would be [righteous] people that I knew could get their Prayers heard by a ALL HEARING GOD. there is nothing wrong with that. Is it Scriptural, who cares? IT WORKS. and that is all that counts.

But it is NOT asking a dead person, which is FORBIDDEN to do, as even marge who commented on that KNOWS.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559300 Sep 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......I never said it would phase you.
So you bring us the Catholic news for what reason....out of boredom? Maybe you should find another hobby.

Location hidden

#559301 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be so refreshing to have a conversation with a protestant who actually knew what we do and why we do it. There aren't any here right now.
show us in the Bible where catholics are told to pray to dead people. I have never read that and my Bible instructors NEVER taught me that.

However IF you have extraneous(oxbore, you will just have to look this word up) material teaching you that, please SHOW us
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559302 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says....
We don't judge anyone....
WHAT??!!......Hahahahahahahaha ha!.........let me catch my breath..........Hahahahahahaha !!

.....how many times today have you judged me? Just me!!

....your on a roll today Anthony.(lol)

Location hidden

#559303 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "hail Jane" isn't in the bible. The "Hail Mary" is.
hate to bust your bubble, but hail mary was the greeting that the angel spoke to her, nothing more. it came to be about {Alfredo} from the godfather 3 series as he told his nephew how he caught fish by saying hail mary. the same alfredo who ran drugs, had ho houses among other evil things, yet he thought that mary would put fish on his hooks, yet it didn't help him when that guy put a bullet in his dead.

AGAIN; hail mary WAS NOTHING BUT A GREETING ,COMMON IN THAT ERA, NOTHING MORE. THERE IS NO POWER IN THOSE WORDS, just a greeting.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559304 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you bring us the Catholic news for what reason....out of boredom? Maybe you should find another hobby.
...No I like this hobby.

Location hidden

#559305 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
phrase? lol.

might the correct word be [faze]?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#559306 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe they alive praising God in heaven.
Jesus said; "I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
And I ask you; Do you believe this ?
I do believe what Jesus taught. He never taught us to pray to men dead or alive.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#559307 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't judge anyone. We don't put anyone in heaven.
How do you think they made the list of saints if they weren't judged worthy by men?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559308 Sep 6, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
this reply of yours to me is a good example of the ignorance you possess, Anthony.
for instance you say" no one ever asks you to pray for them" just how many [DEAD] people have asked you to pray for them?
and yes, I have asked several people to Pray for me, and it would be [righteous] people that I knew could get their Prayers heard by a ALL HEARING GOD. there is nothing wrong with that. Is it Scriptural, who cares? IT WORKS. and that is all that counts.
But it is NOT asking a dead person, which is FORBIDDEN to do, as even marge who commented on that KNOWS.
Except that Moses and Elijah weren't "dead" when they appeared with Jesus were they? And Jesus said "he that liveth and believeth will never die" didn't he? And who surrounds us in that "great cloud of witnesses"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Riverside Rednek 60,414
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Mogadore 993,853
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 23
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 3 hr KeepitDL 41
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 4 hr That Much Olde Sc... 2,506
Prove there is No God 6 hr Tellthetruth 7
Dem Livertard Are All Liars& Narcists 8 hr The One 3
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web