Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653701 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Australia

#559161 Sep 5, 2014
are you for sure all accused are wrong
no
history is teacher of life

many people and tribe disapier from map of the world
is atheist godly holy and lived in righteousness
very sad
put stone if are you better
no
its written
from begining
you adam will work very hard you eva will brouth birth in pain..
Did someone make mistake before as well why?
If you know civilization exist before stronger and smarter!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#559162 Sep 5, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is more than you.
Would you feel better about your self if I joined your religion???

My guess is ... you would!

Prince George, Canada

#559163 Sep 5, 2014
In public school I was taught about the Puritans. But the image placed in my mind in public school (that was then totally Christianized in Protestant fashion) was that the Puritans were HOLY beings that lived their lives aligned to the mindset of a HOLY God.

Now I understand that I was brainwashed.

WOW!

United States

#559164 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you nagging at the Catholics when you believe that Protestants had the same ill behavior of killing innocent humans as heretics and witches???
WHY???
-
-
how dense can you be on this? really?
HOW MANY TIMES have I said ..... the Catholics STARTED this crap?
and IF NOT FOR THEM
we could have possibly had a peaceful world to live in
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#559165 Sep 5, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to get it this time. You accuse people of claiming millions but can't prove them wrong. However you want to twist it, go for it. It still comes out a lie.
You're sounding like a desperate little minion. Call me what makes you feel good, I don't care.
I don't accuse anyone of claiming millions, dozens of fundies on this board have screamed millions and millions for years...a particularly nasty one said 100 million. Like you, they all point their fingers and snarl "whore of Babylon". Not one of them have ever provided a single reputable source for this number. It's obvious you can't either and are now backtracking. Best if you were to avoid making any accusations you can't support.

United States

#559166 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
with the Catholic church nobody else is allowed to copy their m.o.
-
Only the Roman Catholic Church is allowed to wreak havoc and cause terror in the Name of God ...'cause they have Da KEYS! oh, yeah ...
-
Da KEYS render them QUALIFIED to do God's job for him. mmm, hmmm.
NOT!
-
-
Liam wrote:
You are backed in the corner.
-
-
haaa, haaa ...
Now that's the funniest thing you've said ...
care to elaborate?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#559167 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
"conversion of sorts" ?.... really? just what IS that?
-
isn't it MORE like he had a "Baptism into Catholicism of sorts"?... you know, more like a baptism of convenience?
-
hedging his 'bets' as it were ....
playing it 'safe'
waiting 'til the last minute possible ...
giving him an excuse to wantonly murder in the Name of God and then grabbing that, "Get Out Of Hell, Free" card ... just before he was about to step into the next life?
-
Constantine was a phony. A liar. A cheat. A murderer. An ARROGANT murderer - as he thought he was doing "God's Job."
-
he was not qualified to do God's Job.
-
as are NONE of the popes.
go figure.
Explain to me why the Orthodox Church venerates Constantine as a saint and the Catholic Church doesn't.

Prince George, Canada

#559168 Sep 5, 2014
I found this bit of information interesting.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Jackie Cooper's Will -- The Poison Pill Clause

According to the docs, Cooper basically willed everything to his wife -- but because she died before him -- the estate will be divided equally between their children.

And to prevent the kids from a nasty fight over the money -- Cooper wrote in a clause saying if anyone tries to contest the will, "I give to such persons so contesting or objecting the sum of FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00) and no more."

FYI -- provisions to this effect are sometimes referred to as a "poison pill clause" -- because any person who would be dumb enough to challenge the will is killing any chance of getting anything out of the estate.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/09/jackie-cooper-w...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#559169 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
and IF NOT FOR THEM
If not for them you would be a pagan or a Muslim.

Prince George, Canada

#559170 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
and IF NOT FOR THEM
So you now feel justified to blame Catholics for all the nastiness in the world.

Catholics weren't the first ones to start using religion as a weapon.

They learned it from the Jews, who learned it from the ancient Hebrews, who learned it from other religious brutes that knew no better.

Religion doesn't make people cruel, but it sure is handy to try to hide the cruelty in the guise of holiness.

Prince George, Canada

#559171 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If not for them you would be a pagan or a Muslim.
That's right! And we would all be just as self-oriented ... no matter to which religion we belonged or didn't belong.

Human nature is nothing of which to brag.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#559172 Sep 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
When did people start categorizing Catholics and Orthodox? This is a tough one to research online. It seems to me we weren't categorized separately before the great schism. It was one Church. The west belonged to the diocese of Rome and were "Latin rite Catholics". The east had a few different rites and diocese but I don't know that it always called itself Orthodox. I don't think it would make sense, because some of those today label themselves "Catholic". Like Byzantines. You said today Constantine wasn't orthodox, he was catholic? I'm not sure its possible to put him in a category like that.
This is what I was told by my priest a few years ago. The Church was ONE. At the time of 1054 the split, the catholic church took the word catholic....(meaning universal) and the orthodox took the name orthodox ( meaning correct faith) BUT up until that point, the church that Christ founded was called The Way...One Holy, Catholic ( meaning universal) Apostolic Church....Neither Catholic a in the church of today or orthodox as in the church of today...Maybe that is why in the very beginning the two churches do share alot of the same Saints from the early times? I don't know.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#559173 Sep 5, 2014
This question is for those that fancy themselves as Bible sholars.

When scripture states that women should not pray with their heads uncovered and it's because of the angels, why were angels brought up in the topic? Why were they told not to pray with uncovered heads because of angels? What does angels have to do with it?

I have found that even Th.D's are clueless as to why angels were mentioned?

When I ask a question on here most so called Bib;e scholars on this forum are afraid to take up any question I pose. So lets see who has a pair tonight spiritually speaking.

Location hidden

#559174 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me why the Orthodox Church venerates Constantine as a saint and the Catholic Church doesn't.
Good question and I will get you the answer by tomorrow night. I will call my priest tomorrow and ask him...

Location hidden

#559176 Sep 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who inadvertently blamed the Orthodox Church - when u meant to blame the Roman Roman Roman Roman Catholic Church. face the music: You're a ignorant radical fanatic. Nothing matters but smearing your former Church. And u know nothing about your former Church. Does that matter to the fundie? Nope. Carry on.
I was thinking and I am asking you if you know, if the two churches were ONE before the split in 1054 than Constantine wasn't Catholic or Orthodox He converted to Christianity on his deathbed....neither catholic or orthodox but The Way....remember, the two churches were ONE Holy Catholic (universal) Apostolic Church....

Location hidden

#559177 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because He repented and excepted Christianity on his deathbed???? He allowed Christianity???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#559178 Sep 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because He repented and excepted Christianity on his deathbed???? He allowed Christianity???
Our friend guest insists that Constantine was a full blown, blood thirsty, murderous "Roman" Catholic and is at a complete loss as to why he's venerated in Orthodoxy and not Catholicism. Please let me know what your priest says, I'm very interested.

Location hidden

#559179 Sep 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Christians claim saints have special powers and a place in heaven.
....If you believe orthodox have saints that catholics don't, and catholics have saints orthodox don't, in the end both of you can't be right, but both beliefs can be wrong.
.....Muslims believe with all their hearts in miracles from Allah. Christians believe with all their hearts in miracles from Jesus, Jews don't believe in neither. Buddhists, Hindus believe in something different.
......being born into a belief by chance guarantees nothing in the eyes of all who don't belong to that particular belief.
.....In the end I believe there will be no difference amongst all of us, and I believe we are all the same. Equal. Equal in the eyes of an all loving God, or equal in the sense of some process that we don't understand.
I know for a fact that the two churches have some saints that are different but we also have a lot of the same saints. You believe as you wish as I will believe in what comforts me...In the end we will see wont we....

Location hidden

#559180 Sep 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes correct. If I see the Eucharistic consecrated host, I bow down and adore the Holy Blessed Sacrament. If it ain't really Jesus, I'm an idolator. That's why I don't understand the fuss you and Pad and Ox make about supposed Mary worship. You already have the 'damning' evidence in Eucharistic adoration.
And don't forget to cross yourself before and after getting the Eucharist....

United States

#559181 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
"conversion of sorts" ?.... really? just what IS that?
-
isn't it MORE like he had a "Baptism into Catholicism of sorts"?... you know, more like a baptism of convenience?
-
hedging his 'bets' as it were ....
playing it 'safe'
waiting 'til the last minute possible ...
giving him an excuse to wantonly murder in the Name of God and then grabbing that, "Get Out Of Hell, Free" card ... just before he was about to step into the next life?
-
Constantine was a phony. A liar. A cheat. A murderer. An ARROGANT murderer - as he thought he was doing "God's Job."
-
he was not qualified to do God's Job.
-
as are NONE of the popes.
go figure.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
-
-
I'll get right on it as soon as you explain to ME why the Orthodox are not responsible for as much terror throughout history as the Roman Catholics are?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 36 min thetruth 9,362
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,229
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,754
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Thinking 63,446
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 106,479
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr karl44 973,685
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr ImFree2Choose 2,569
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web