Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675539 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559032 Sep 5, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
To me what he is attempting is an occupational hazard.....I will not give him control over me,
that he would make me be angry .
If he made me angry,,,, he would be in control...and I would be out of control
He has never been, seen, heard or experienced what I have been privileged to be involved in
In the divine manifestations of God's power. in my life time.
I rather pity him....
I don't expect a person that is bereft of a personal knowledge (THAT COMES BY A BORN AGAIN RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD,) to act as if he understands SPIRITUAL THINGS....
He is spiritually dead ...as is most Roman Catholics.
Being carnally minded.... He minds the things of the flesh
The Bible says..
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of

sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
........I pity him too! and Liam and Hojo.

......sad very sad.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559033 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The first Christians were ex-Jews, known to their arrogant selves as Gnostic (knowledge-able) Christians ... and the Catholics were simply one of those split Christian groups.
When Constantine gave the Catholics the power over all the other right-fighting groups of Gnostic Christians and over the Jews and those in all other religions and non-believers ... that is when the Catholic church became a power-house of brutality and had the military support of the Government to wipe out all the other factions as being heretics and witches and Atheists.
Cite your source June.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#559034 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you called me a viper. What's wrong with believing God makes saints? What's wrong with believing all the saints God makes aren't necessarily revealed to us? Why are you such an angry woman?
If you had been born a Muslim ... you would now be preaching at the Catholics that they will burn in Islam's hell in a hereafter.

I can't help you to broaden your view, when you choose to stay where you are.

Only you can help your self.

Prince George, Canada

#559035 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, yeah, God created everything. How is that egotistical?
Did God create the Jews to believe that they are God's ONLY chosen few?

Did God create the Muslims to believe that they are God's ONLY chosen few?

Only by being willing to go beyond where you are now STUCK can you create a NEW picture in your own mind.

Prince George, Canada

#559036 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your source June.
My source is merely what I believe from having studied religions from the outside IN.

My sources of such information are too many to mention here as being one source.

I've studied the nature of many religions for many years, and from my perspective they were and are ... all BAD news of ... "My religion is HOLY, and yours is false and therefore EVIL."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559037 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The emperor Constantine was sainted in the Greek Orthodox church and according to the teaching of those men is now a saint in heaven.

Yet the religion teaches that ONLY GOD can be the judge of who will be chosen and who will be rejected.
......poor Joan of ark declared as a heretic and burned to death. Centuries later God changed his mind and inspired the Pope to change his mind and make her a saint.

......its all so phoney.......and.....

Unbelievable!

Prince George, Canada

#559038 Sep 5, 2014
The fundamentalist Muslims KNOW how easy it is to play the "freedom of religion clause" for all it's worth to them. They MOCK it and use it to gain yet more power over others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “AMERICA ALONE … THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT”… BY MARK STEYN … published in 2006

After the carnage in Spain, Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed told Lisbon’s Publica magazine that a group of London Islamists were “ready to launch a big operation” on British soil.“We don’t make a distinction between civilians and non-civilians, innocents and non-innocents,” he said, clarifying the ground rules.“Only between Muslims and unbelievers. And the life of an unbeliever has no value. The cleric added he expected to see the banner of Islam flying in Downing Street.“I believe one day that is going to happen. Because this is my country, I like living here,” he said.“If they believe in democracy, who are they afraid of? Let Omar Bakri benefit from democracy!”
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559039 Sep 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
........I pity him too! and Liam and Hojo.
......sad very sad.
As June so astutely observed and we having said for a long time, you have a personal vendetta against the Catholic Church and are incapable of holding an unbiased opinion. I think you feel rather the opposite of your statement here, I think you pity the ignorance and instability of so many of the fundamentalists here, it pisses you off that they are incapable of defending their relentless attacks on us which you so much support. You want them to be right, you need them to be right, if for no other reason than to validate your decision to reject Catholic Christianity. I think the time has come for you to be a man and admit it, don't you?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#559040 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I also knew of suffering as a child ... but I wouldn't buy into the male created religious concept that others that also suffered deserved hell, while I deserved heaven.
RIDICULOUS CLAPTRAP!
just cuz you had sum bad experiences as a child doesn't mean that you need to be a mean-spirited, man-hating butch forever.....:-(
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559041 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did God create the Jews to believe that they are God's ONLY chosen few?
Did God create the Muslims to believe that they are God's ONLY chosen few?
Only by being willing to go beyond where you are now STUCK can you create a NEW picture in your own mind.
......when out days are done, what happens to Jews, what happens to Muslims what happens to catholics happens to all of us..........whatever that is. Being born by chance into a particular belief is no guarantee for anything.

......as you know today! faithfulness to organized religions in the western world is on the slide and that is why posters such as Anthony, Liam, Hojo, cowboy, are always so defensive. They are totally frustrated why smart people don't see the religious world the way they do.

Prince George, Canada

#559042 Sep 5, 2014
The Muslims believe that they must kill infidels in order to please GOD.

The freedom of religion clause works to that favor.

In order to understand the magnitude of the issue, I suggest you read the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “AMERICA ALONE … THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT”… BY MARK STEYN … published in 2006

In 2005, the British authorities finally moved against the most famous of the country’s many incendiary imams. Abu Hamza is a household name in the United Kingdom thanks to the tabloids anointing him as “Hooky”—he lost his hands in an, er,“accident” in Afghanistan in 1991. On trial in London for nine counts of soliciting murder plus various other charges, he retained the services of a prestigious Queen’s Counsel, who certainly came up with an ingenious legal strategy:“Edward Fitzgerald, QC, for the defence, said that Abu Hamza’s interpretation of the Koran was that it imposed an obligation on Muslims to do jihad and fight in the defence of their religion. He said that the Crown case against the former imam of Finsbury Park Mosque was ‘simplistic in the extreme.’ He added:‘It is said he was preaching murder, but he was actually preaching from the Koran itself.’”

If the Koran permit, you must acquit? Brilliant. To convict would be multiculturally disrespectful” if the holy book of the religion of peace recommends killing infidels, who are we to judge?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559043 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had been born a Muslim ... you would now be preaching at the Catholics that they will burn in Islam's hell in a hereafter.
I can't help you to broaden your view, when you choose to stay where you are.
Only you can help your self.
Thanks for your concern.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#559044 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it's because playtime with you in the sandbox is juvenile and we've grown up.
You are getting better at dodging the light of truth....thanks for proving my words...

Prince George, Canada

#559045 Sep 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......poor Joan of ark declared as a heretic and burned to death. Centuries later God changed his mind and inspired the Pope to change his mind and make her a saint.
......its all so phoney.......and.....
Unbelievable!
Of course they believe each other's religions are phony and their own are REAL.

The Christians are pleased that they have "freedom to practice ONLY their own religions," but now they are faced with a far more formidable enemy than each other and Atheists.

The fundamentalist Muslims mean to use that freedom of religion clause to take over the world.

The Qur'an says they must kill infidels ... and so to kill infidels is IN their WILL. And to boot, they will get 72 virgins promised by the Imams for their martyrdom of dying for their religion.

WHAT a mess!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559046 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As June so astutely observed and we having said for a long time, you have a personal vendetta against the Catholic Church and are incapable of holding an unbiased opinion. I think you feel rather the opposite of your statement here, I think you pity the ignorance and instability of so many of the fundamentalists here, it pisses you off that they are incapable of defending their relentless attacks on us which you so much support. You want them to be right, you need them to be right, if for no other reason than to validate your decision to reject Catholic
Christianity. I think the time has come for you to be a man and admit it, don't you?
.....its clear to all you have a personal hatred towards protestants. You believe your path only is right and protestants aren't. You were taught this from childhood. Catholics have been beating this drum since millions of catholics left the church 500 years ago. Its that simple.

....as you know I was a catholic for 50 years. I have seen the arrogance and hatred of catholics and CLERGY towards non catholics especially protestants at the same time boasting of the charity work they claim they do for everyone. Hypocricy!

.....I don't believe in the Eucharist, I don't believe a woman named Mary was mother of God, don't believe in saints, didn't believe god inspires the cardinals or any other catholic or non catholic don't believe in hell, purgatory or any other imaginary place.

.....Get over yourself.

Prince George, Canada

#559047 Sep 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......as you know today! faithfulness to organized religions in the western world is on the slide and that is why posters such as Anthony, Liam, Hojo, cowboy, are always so defensive. They are totally frustrated why smart people don't see the religious world the way they do.
I agree. Religion of all sorts is nothing brain-infection. Preachers of religion don't know any more about a supposed future, or even if one exists, than do we.

I have to go have some breakfast, as my stomach tells me it is way past time.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#559048 Sep 5, 2014
nothing BUT brain infection.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559049 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As June so astutely observed and we having said for a long time, you have a personal vendetta against the Catholic Church and are incapable of holding an unbiased opinion. I think you feel rather the opposite of your statement here, I think you pity the ignorance and instability of so many of the fundamentalists here, it pisses you off that they are incapable of defending their relentless attacks on us which you so much support. You want them to be right, you need them to be right, if for no other reason than to validate your decision to reject Catholic

Christianity. I think the time has come for you to be a man and admit it, don't you?
.......I bring catholic information. That's what I choose to do. Does that bother you?

.......I am a former catholic, currently not religiously affiliated.

.....Over 50 million Americans today most former catholics/protestants no longer religious. 15 years ago only 20 million.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559050 Sep 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....its clear to all you have a personal hatred towards protestants. You believe your path only is right and protestants aren't. You were taught this from childhood. Catholics have been beating this drum since millions of catholics left the church 500 years ago. Its that simple.
....as you know I was a catholic for 50 years. I have seen the arrogance and hatred of catholics and CLERGY towards non catholics especially protestants at the same time boasting of the charity work they claim they do for everyone. Hypocricy!
.....I don't believe in the Eucharist, I don't believe a woman named Mary was mother of God, don't believe in saints, didn't believe god inspires the cardinals or any other catholic or non catholic don't believe in hell, purgatory or any other imaginary place.
.....Get over yourself.
"I have seen the arrogance and hatred of catholics and CLERGY towards non catholics especially protestants at the same time boasting of the charity work they claim they do for everyone. "

Well, thats a lie.

You can't even admit you reject God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit because that would threaten your fragile alliance with the protestants who you cheer on as they attack the Catholic Church. Even your fellow atheist June sees it. Sorry Mike, we both know you have a vendetta. Why are you too cowardly to admit it?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#559051 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Gnostic literature was all written BY men.
Taking my words out of context again June? Why?

This is why I don't think you are Atheist - because Atheists don't do what you do - or on a daily.

*sighs*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Pinkwater 110,147
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Devil number 666 982,282
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min Ancestry manager 6,221
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jolly Roger 286,304
News Hawaiians to Attorney General Sessions: We're n... 1 hr Trump s Birtherex... 10
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr True Gods Child 46,191
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,082
More from around the web