Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678991 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Australia

#558952 Sep 5, 2014
when Moses walking trough earth
no traffic law
no
shoes off please this land is holy
whole law become on two stone
how much commandments 10 or much more

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#558953 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Much truth here Dan. Unfortunately as Catholics we must endure constant condemnation from many of the protestants here. While we may be guilty of triumphalism, never will any Catholic here claim a protestant Christian is condemned and will split hell wide open if they don't forsake their denominational beliefs and join the Catholic Church. Never will we call their denomination a satanic organization filled with evil pagans seeking the ruin of our souls. Yet this is what we put up with here day and night. While I appreciate your attempt to be a peacemaker, I would hope you'd at least adress that specific issue with our opponents.
YEP, BRING IT ON PAD, I KNOW WHAT GOD THINKS OF THAT church. YOU ARE TO DUMB TO KNOW ANYTHING. a guy that was supposed to leave it , and for years didn't, is GOING TO TRY TO TELL US SOMETHING.

GOOD LUCK ON THAT!!!!! good typing skills doesn't mean good sense.
truth

Australia

#558954 Sep 5, 2014
its written
temptation temptation
Are you for sure someone is wrong because accusers simply wish that?
no

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#558955 Sep 5, 2014
truth wrote:
when Moses walking trough earth
no traffic law
no
shoes off please this land is holy
whole law become on two stone
how much commandments 10 or much more
The Word of God is our commandments. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Commandments of God not man.
truth

Australia

#558956 Sep 5, 2014
How many commandments exist 10 or 12 or more?
Did we drop few or many?
Did we ad many many many new commandments or law?
yes
Why Jesus ad only two?
truth

Australia

#558957 Sep 5, 2014
Jesus ad only two commandments!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#558958 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal opinions carry no weight. You have no authority and you do not speak for God.
~~~

I am not giving personal opinions ...I have given you...(what God has sent me to do) scripture from God's eternal word.

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

you will obey GOD'S WORD now or face the consequences when you stand before HIM in judgment.

For example...
Saul the first king of Israel received this word from God because of His disobedience...
of God's word.

1Sa_15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

You have God's word just as I do....

Heb_12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

United States

#558959 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:

-
-
You are being deliberately obtuse.
CONSTANTINE waged WAR in the Name of God. A VERY unChristian thing to do.
Deliberate ignorance about your church's atrocities is your own fault when the info is all over the web.
Once AGAIN: Constantine made WAR in the NAME Of GOD seem normal. This is something TRUE Christians will not do -- kill "heretics' in the Name of God.
-
-
Liam wrote:
The man died in 337 AD. Thats 25 yrs after Christianity became legal. What war(s) did he wage "in the name of God" that caused all of humanity and future humanity (especially Muhammad and Muslims) to think "war in the name of God" seem normal? That is incredible.
Is this why why u cant provide any evidence to support your argument? I bet you seriously thought Constantine did the crusades and inquisition a thousand years after he died huh? It's sad. Tomorrow you'll purposely ignore it all too. You're a liar and a cheat, guest. This ignorance doesnt belong in Christianity. I ask you before what the real problem was...... a divorce? Sexual identity? What is causing u to be so irrational against Catholics?
-
-
I have provided evidence, time and again, and you ignore it - because you cannot wrap your brain around the idea that the Catholic church is nothing but evil.
-
The "Christianity" that Constantine made "legal" was not TRUE CHRISTIANITY. True Christians would not have waged war in God's Name. Period.
Once again - pay close attention - the region of the world where Constantine waged his "holy" war is an area where tribalism is everything. Tribalism means survival of the tribe in an arid and mostly uninhabitable land. And when those people witnessed WAR in the NAME OF GOD ... they got bit by the virus of that evil, as well.
-
I went as far as typing out an entire timeline for you Liam, and you ignored it all.
-
NO! Constantine did not live for a thousand years NO! He was not involved in the crusades or the inquisition..... but his evil ideas did live on. And like a virus his evil ideas infected everyone they touched for the (appx) 1,700 years since his death.
-
Classic Catholic M.O. is to attack the messenger because the messenger throws down the truth and you can't handle the truth.
-
You have called me a liar, and a cheat and a homosexual, and insulted my marital status - in order to win points ... with whom? Other Catholics? Well that just shows how the Church has programmed you into ignoring its CENTURIES LONG HISTORY OF VIOLENCE AND DOWNRIGHT FILTHY EVIL. And you get all butt-hurt when someone simply calls you out on the lies and violence and pure evil of the church.
-
Just think. I'm just calling you out on the terror and horror your church has brought into the world.
The church has murdered far too many "heretics."
-
Here .... let's do it this way:
-
NUMBER OF HERETICS MURDERED BY guest = ZERO.
NUMBER OF HERETICS MURDERED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH = UNTOLD MILLIONS.
-
there ... right there ... THAT is what is causing me to be so "irrational" (as YOU put it) against the Catholic church ...
There.
Now. If YOU can continue to call ME irrational as I am guilty of ZERO tortures and ZERO murders ....
while defending the Roman Catholic Church ... which is guilty of untold millions of tortures and murders ... then have at it. Because then WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU? Rational?
-
Now I know you can't deal with the *millions* so ... let's just swap out the numbers murders and tortures the Catholic church is guilty of for hundreds of thousands ... mmmkay? maybe even tens of hundreds ...
Don't want you to get all butt-hurt over numbers.
No.
It's the concept you need to get upset about.
The concept that you can STILL defend a church that has historically proven to be guilty of some of the world's worst atrocities.

United States

#558960 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:

-
-
You are being deliberately obtuse.
CONSTANTINE waged WAR in the Name of God. A VERY unChristian thing to do.
Deliberate ignorance about your church's atrocities is your own fault when the info is all over the web.
Once AGAIN: Constantine made WAR in the NAME Of GOD seem normal. This is something TRUE Christians will not do -- kill "heretics' in the Name of God.
-
-
Liam wrote:
The man died in 337 AD. Thats 25 yrs after Christianity became legal. What war(s) did he wage "in the name of God" that caused all of humanity and future humanity (especially Muhammad and Muslims) to think "war in the name of God" seem normal? That is incredible.
Is this why why u cant provide any evidence to support your argument? I bet you seriously thought Constantine did the crusades and inquisition a thousand years after he died huh? It's sad. Tomorrow you'll purposely ignore it all too. You're a liar and a cheat, guest. This ignorance doesnt belong in Christianity. I ask you before what the real problem was...... a divorce? Sexual identity? What is causing u to be so irrational against Catholics?
-
-
I have provided evidence, time and again, and you ignore it - because you cannot wrap your brain around the idea that the Catholic church is nothing but evil.
-
The "Christianity" that Constantine made "legal" was not TRUE CHRISTIANITY. True Christians would not have waged war in God's Name. Period.
Once again - pay close attention - the region of the world where Constantine waged his "holy" war is an area where tribalism is everything. Tribalism means survival of the tribe in an arid and mostly uninhabitable land. And when those people witnessed WAR in the NAME OF GOD ... they got bit by the virus of that evil, as well.
-
I went as far as typing out an entire timeline for you Liam, and you ignored it all.
-
NO! Constantine did not live for a thousand years NO! He was not involved in the crusades or the inquisition..... but his evil ideas did live on. And like a virus his evil ideas infected everyone they touched for the (appx) 1,700 years since his death.
-
Classic Catholic M.O. is to attack the messenger because the messenger throws down the truth and you can't handle the truth.
-
You have called me a liar, and a cheat and a homosexual, and insulted my marital status - in order to win points ... with whom? Other Catholics? Well that just shows how the Church has programmed you into ignoring its CENTURIES LONG HISTORY OF VIOLENCE AND DOWNRIGHT FILTHY EVIL. And you get all butt-hurt when someone simply calls you out on the lies and violence and pure evil of the church.
-
Just think. I'm just calling you out on the terror and horror your church has brought into the world.
The church has murdered far too many "heretics."
-
Here .... let's do it this way:
-
NUMBER OF HERETICS TORTURED AND MURDERED BY guest = ZERO.
NUMBER OF HERETICS TORTURED AND MURDERED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH = UNTOLD MILLIONS.
-
there ... right there ... THAT is what is causing me to be so "irrational" (as YOU put it) against the Catholic church ...
There.
Now. If YOU can continue to call ME irrational as I am guilty of ZERO tortures and ZERO murders ....
while defending the Roman Catholic Church ... which is guilty of untold millions of tortures and murders ... then have at it. Because then WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU? Rational?
-
Now I know you can't deal with the *millions* so ... let's just swap out the numbers murders and tortures the Catholic church is guilty of for hundreds of thousands ... mmmkay? maybe even tens of hundreds ...
Don't want you to get all butt-hurt over numbers.
No.
It's the concept you need to get upset about.
The concept that you can STILL defend a church that has historically proven to be guilty of some of the world's worst atrocities.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#558961 Sep 5, 2014
marge wrote:
Joyce Meyer is on fire tonight.
Yea, Marge.....Joyce wants your money.....

Got your check ready to send to her.....

United States

#558962 Sep 5, 2014
why is there such a long delay in the posting of lengthy posts?
I thought my posts did not make it so then tried again ..
and now it's posted twice.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#558963 Sep 5, 2014
sorry for the double posts....

United States

#558964 Sep 5, 2014
QUESTION FOR CATHOLICS:
How many "heretics" did your church kill?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#558965 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not putting him down at all. Never said he didn't receive the Holy Spirit. He was emperor first and became a born again Christian at the end of his life.
WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ....is that Constantine (if he was ever a Christian) as a leader in you religious society...at best was a Novice...

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

(note)
1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into
reproach and the snare of the devil.

Evidently Constantine did not meet any of the above qualifications/REQUIREMENTS of a Bishop....

EVIDENTLY the Church took hold of Him (A NOVICE) AND COMPROMISED THE WORD.OF GOD....to save their LIVES.
~~~~~~..

The apostles spent three years with Jesus, and after his resurrection..AND STILL WERE NOT READY/ QUALIFIED.....UNTIL JESUS OPENED UP THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF THE SCRIPTURES

THE BIBLE SAYS..

Luk 24:44 And he/JESUS said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
(THE SCRIPTURES THAT YOU DENY)

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#558966 Sep 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This anti-catholic bible only "trash talking" has been going on for over 450 years since the Reformation........ Personal Protestant experience for over 35 years was "more than enough" for me!......Bible Only's have " nothing better to do" because their " man- made" so-called Christian beliefs have " little or no basis of any biblical or historical truth to back up their condemning and judgmental preaching...
Must've been tough being part of a community where everyone is a paper pope.

Bishop Piche celebrated mass for us this morning at my Church. Something special when a successor of the apostles is 10 feet away from you.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#558967 Sep 5, 2014
WANT to share a written piece from an organization that promotes the doctrines of the catholic Church. The source is CATHOLIC ONLINE ( www.catholic.org )
Topic Mary, Mother of God: The Fifteen Promises of Mary to Christians Who Recite the Rosary.

Now I am not going to criticize it or defend it.I am putting these up so that both the critics and defenders of such will have ample opportunity to read and understand and give comment.This is core Catholicism:

It is important to note as well that an apparition was given to( Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan )Imprimatur Patrick J. Hayes DD Archbishop of New York.

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2.I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
3. The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4.I will cause virtue and good works to flourish, it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. OH, that souls would sanctify them-selves by this means.
5. The soul which recommend itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church. Continued:
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#558968 Sep 5, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am not giving personal opinions ...I have given you...(what God has sent me to do) scripture from God's eternal word.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
you will obey GOD'S WORD now or face the consequences when you stand before HIM in judgment.
For example...
Saul the first king of Israel received this word from God because of His disobedience...
of God's word.
1Sa_15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
You have God's word just as I do....
Heb_12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
You are a walking contradiction. How can you use the written Word of God to condemn the Catholic Church when you insist it never mentions the Catholic Church.

No Archie, you don't have any authority. You do not speak for God. God does not call liars and hypocrites to speak for Him.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#558969 Sep 5, 2014
Continued 15 promises of Mary for the recitation of the Rosary:
8.Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces, at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from PURGATORY those who have been devoted to the rosary.
10. The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of m e by the recitation of the rosary.
12. All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the rosary are my son, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#558970 Sep 5, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ....is that Constantine (if he was ever a Christian) as a leader in you religious society...at best was a Novice...
1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
(note)
1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into
reproach and the snare of the devil.
Evidently Constantine did not meet any of the above qualifications/REQUIREMENTS of a Bishop....
EVIDENTLY the Church took hold of Him (A NOVICE) AND COMPROMISED THE WORD.OF GOD....to save their LIVES.
~~~~~~..
The apostles spent three years with Jesus, and after his resurrection..AND STILL WERE NOT READY/ QUALIFIED.....UNTIL JESUS OPENED UP THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF THE SCRIPTURES
THE BIBLE SAYS..
Luk 24:44 And he/JESUS said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
(THE SCRIPTURES THAT YOU DENY)
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Your ignorance of world history is evident. You didn't even know it was the Church of England and your protestant ancestors who drove out the puritans/pilgrims.

With every post you confirm what I've known all along, you are an ignorant bigot and hypocrite. You think you can hide behind your scripture verses, but the one scripture that describes you best is "the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction. "

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#558971 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not putting him down at all. Never said he didn't receive the Holy Spirit. He was emperor first and became a born again Christian at the end of his life.
So is your point that the emperor Constantine was of no value to GOD until his spirit became alive with Catholicism???

From my perspective, that is you believing that YOU are a divine servant OF GOD and therefore have the ORDAINED right to MAKE that decision.

You preaching judges of character all believe you have the right as servants of GOD to judge whose "souls" have been purified, and whose souls are still tainted with evil.

Your cups are overflowing with self-importance!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 119,069
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min trump not racist 2,526
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 13 min Tony 6,265
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr curtjester1 46,211
Why does everyone claim that they are native am... (May '09) 3 hr Anonymous 28
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 4 hr Wanderer 27
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr _KENTUCKY 982,137
More from around the web