Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692215 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#558287 Aug 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Christ is the mediator....
Actually you believe that by using your bible ... you are a mediator, who in turn dictates that you will be saved and others will go to hell.

You have a whole lot of nerve ... but that might be all you have going for you.

Just maybe!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#558288 Aug 31, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
THIS TEACHING IS WHY HANK DOESNT BELEIVE IN THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST EVEN THO GIF SHOWED HIM MANY SCRIPTURES.
To the dismay of our Pentecostal/Charismatic brothers, they reject charismatic phenomena such as "Gifts of the Spirit" - Speaking in Tongues, Healings, Miracles, etc. They also reject the prosperity gospel and the Old Testament system of giving to the Church called "Tithing".
like I said to GIF, you can show him everything written in the Bible and still he will accept the teachings of his cult over the Bible.
so newbie, he don't think that you got the real "goods" either. and if he wasn't a coward, he would tell you that you are a Christian according to his denominational beliefs.
you see, he isn't like me. I will speak the Truth and let the chips fall where they may. That is what God has called me for, to Stand for Him and His Word.I prefer to lose a friend rather than God.
Preston,

Signs and wonders, and miraculous gifts confirmed the Word of God.....

"how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed to us by those who heard, God also bearing witness with them, both by signs and wonders and by various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit according to His own will."

"And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed"

"The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with all perseverance, by signs and wonders and miracles."

The miraculous gifts were not to abide (continue)....BUT, but the Word of God abides forever.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#558289 Aug 31, 2014
Anybody can pick up religious literature and believe that what they read is universal truth.

My father is a prime example.

He left the Catholic religion because he was certain they had lied to him ... only to fall into another lot of supposed truth-tellers in the male-created Rosicrucian Order, who went and still go under the title of being Gnostic Christians.

Any preacher that claims to know the answers to "mysteries" ought to be "put in his or her PLACE ... immediately ... so they can no longer infect children with their own mental illnesses.

My father was a good man, who knew not the harm he caused to others because of his religious infatuation.

My mother and father, good people that they were, used their religion to take away my innocence.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#558290 Aug 31, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
They do not see grace as the regeneration of our dead spirits, as a work of God apart from anything we do or can do.
They may also believe that grace is what God bestows to one who has done everything he can to be obedient. Again, while they may not state it in exactly these terms, we think that it is a necessary inference from their theology; thus grace is the small remaining step that remains toward salvation after one is correctly obedient. God fills the gap with his grace.(Interestingly, this is the same view of grace held by Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.)
When asked how they know that they are saved, they will probably say something like, "I have been obedient" or "I have been pleasing to God."
The role of Christ, and thus the atonement, was merely for the purpose of displaying God's love for man and giving him a law to obey that would bring life. Christ is said to save by furnishing man an example. He simply showed man how to save himself.
Their theology may be either semi-Pelagian (salvation by works plus God's grace) or full-Pelagian (God's grace and the righteousness of Christ may be nice to have, but are not necessary for salvation because one can save himself by obedience).
Despite their emphasis on patternism, works righteousness, the Law of Christ, and their view of grace that is similar to the pseudo-Christian cults, they deny that they are legalists.
The Holy Spirit is not well defined and is limited in his activities. The Holy Spirit is often said to be either not active today, or the Holy Spirit's activities may be limited to the words of the New Testament, or that the Spirit's activities are limited to helping us understand the Bible. In any case, they see the Holy Spirit's activities in a much more confined role than other Christians. So the Holy Spirit becomes, in a sense, the same as the Bible. There is little or no place for the Holy Spirit in regeneration or sanctification. Some even reject the notion that the Holy Spirit indwells a person, despite numerous mentions of this in the New Testament.
They deny (vehemently) the historic Christian doctrine of Original Sin, even though they may admit that (a) everyone sins, and (b) children have to be taught not to be sinful. Thus man sins, not because of any corruption in his nature, but because of his lack of understanding or simple stubbornness. This is a view they share with non-Christian groups: Muslims, communists, eastern religions, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses.
They refuse to fellowship with other Christians, even other conservative Christians.SEE THIS NEWBIE!!!!!lol
Preston,

You wrote:

They refuse to fellowship with other Christians, even other conservative Christians.

WHAT??????????

I cannot tell you how many Christians and non-Christians that I am around every week......not even counting children.....

And I take the time with them and bring them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.....

Isn't that what we are supposed to do as Christians???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#558291 Aug 31, 2014
If people actually had trust that they would definitely be treated well if life continues after death, they wouldn't NEED religion.

I trust that if life continues after death of my physical body that no harm will come to me by the will of a creator ... so why don't YOU???

You KNOW why you don't trust. It's because you are certain that HELL and the DEVIL is REAL.

Theologians wanted and needed you to believe that crapola ... and you come-plied.

And that was your downfall.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#558292 Aug 31, 2014
I had a strong will as a child ... and for that I am thankful.

Most everyone around me were inundated with religion of one sort or another.

In the midst of all the confusion, what was I to believe? That was the question that befuddled me for most of my 7 decades.

Now I simply place trust in the concept that if I do my best the rest will take care of itself.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#558293 Aug 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea because there is no motive for a Catholic publication to put out wrong or misleading info about their own religion...
Idol: One that is adored, often blindly or excessively....as Catholics do Mary...I will try to bring up a picture you say does not exist on that website....
BTW...anybody who cares to check the website can plainly see you are lying regards the pictures of the popes kneeling and praying before this idol......they are there for all to see...
Then show me where the Catholic Church says Mary is a diety and we are to worship her as such.
I can't believe I gave a senile 82 yr old man more than 5 seconds on this topic. But this is a huge accusation. You are accusing me of having another god besides Him. For the sake of your soul, I think you should repent.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#558294 Aug 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Mary: Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate
EWTN
Christ is the redeemer....Catholic teach Mary is His co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate..
What reason would anyone have to worship the Redeemer, but not His co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate????..
Can you show me where the catechism says we are to worship Mary?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#558295 Aug 31, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
You wrote:
They refuse to fellowship with other Christians, even other conservative Christians.
WHAT??????????
I cannot tell you how many Christians and non-Christians that I am around every week......not even counting children.....
And I take the time with them and bring them the Gospel of Jesus Christ.....
Isn't that what we are supposed to do as Christians???
You KNOW that you are on this forum to convert others to your Christian Protestant personalized belief.

Be truthful ... for a change. I suggest you will see how good it can feel to step down off of your pulpit and take a breath of air ... without spewing nonsense at others in the guise of universal truth.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#558296 Aug 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then show me where the Catholic Church says Mary is a diety and we are to worship her as such.
Don't you adore Mary with the same passion as you adore Jesus???

You better say "YES."

THAT is worship.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#558297 Aug 31, 2014
Of course Mary doesn't have any power to save a Catholic as does Jesus ... so to a Catholic ... Mary's worth is "immaterial."

Bunkology!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#558298 Aug 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me where the catechism says we are to worship Mary?
As was all religious literature, the bible and the catechism were written by men.

You are NOT supposed to put your faith in MEN.

Do you GET it???

I suggest that the men wrote that statement ... because they knew in their consciences that their THOUGHTS were not at all trustworthy.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#558299 Aug 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You KNOW that you are on this forum to convert others to your Christian Protestant personalized belief.
Be truthful ... for a change. I suggest you will see how good it can feel to step down off of your pulpit and take a breath of air ... without spewing nonsense at others in the guise of universal truth.
Understanding and knowledge of the Word of God is very important, June....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#558300 Aug 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
There's an old saying ... "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."
That might be partially true ... but with enough men to counter the power of the horse ... the horse will be forced to drink against it's own will.
Where there is a will to overpower others ... the will WILL be USED in a negative way.
It's human nature to want to lord it over others.
"You" denotes a person...

Just thought that might be of interest to you...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#558301 Aug 31, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace
Robert:)
Praying to the dead is strictly forbidden in the Bible. Deuteronomy 18:11 tells us that anyone who “consults with the dead” is “detestable to the Lord.”
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/praying-to-the-de...
Peace
marge

You did not address my questions. Why? It is that they are not directly talked about in the Bible, and so it requires your thoughts and beliefs as input....

Here they are again.....

Most people think about things in this life, and let things after death be taken care of by God. But is this reasonable for the Christian who is alive in Christ who was dead and risen?

Some people alive now, know more closely those who are dead, than those who are alive now.(This is especially true of loved ones.)

So are you saying that your love ceases beyond the death of the body? Or that it is pointless in some way, because the dead are dead, and you are still living?

Are you saying that Jesus Christ is not alive? And the believer in Him is not alive?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#558302 Aug 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I was still under the spell of religion, Amazing Grace was what I referred to as my signature song. I played it on my harmonica for those in long-term care as my final melody.
I never even questioned whether it was composed by a Catholic or a Protestant, as I was very fond of the melody.
I still enjoy the melody, but not the words. I don't and never did believe that people are wretches. I believe we are wounded by the suffering in life.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-GD-5mRyaJwXX
June I listen to Andre Rieu a lot. Enjoy thoroughly the Strauss orchestra, all the sopranos:Mirusia,Carmen,the other Brazilian Mafioletti,and the dutch singer(the Rose),and Kimmy Skota who sings the Ave Maria(Gounaud,Bach) which is on the video you shared. Such great music,wish he had better tenors.

Location hidden

#558303 Aug 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe I gave a senile 82 yr old man more than 5 seconds on this topic. But this is a huge accusation. You are accusing me of having another god besides Him. For the sake of your soul, I think you should repent.
I have shown you proof that the popes worship Mary....ask them to show you where the Catholic Church says Mary is a diety and Catholics are to worship her as such....they are the guys doing it...not me!!!!.

I agree on one thing you have said...Mary is not a diety...

BTW...When you get him on the phone, ask him to give you Scripture that supports this:

Pope Benedict XVI:

For his Angelus message of August 15th, 2007, Benedict XVI made the following assertion:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today, we are celebrating the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This is an ancient feast deeply rooted in Sacred Scripture: indeed, it presents the Virgin Mary closely united to her divine Son and ever supportive of him.

Mother and Son appear closely bound in the fight against the infernal enemy until they completely defeat him. This victory is expressed in particular in overcoming sin and death, that is, in triumphing over the enemies which St Paul always presents as connected (cf. Rom 5: 12, 15-21; I Cor 15: 21-26).

Therefore, just as Christ's glorious Resurrection was the definitive sign of this victory, so Mary's glorification in her virginal body is the ultimate confirmation of her total solidarity with the Son, both in the conflict and in victory....

glorify: 3. To give glory to, especially through worship.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#558304 Aug 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Mary: Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate
EWTN
Christ is the redeemer....Catholic teach Mary is His co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate..
What reason would anyone have to worship the Redeemer, but not His co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate????..
I would first note that these poetic titles are not doctrines nor dogmas but merely pious opinions. The Vatican has continually denied making any proclamations, but discussion and contemplation. Second and foremost is when you assign things other than that which they really mean you bear false witness. Every Marian devotion says very specifically that all Glory and Honor goes to God and That Jesus Christ is the only one who could have died for our sins. Mary is merely a creature like us who has no authority. Pray for us? Yes she is asked to pray for us and it we believe that honoring Mary is honoring God. She is not a deity, she is not to be worshiped. There is only one mediator between God and Man. However the bible is full of instances where praying for one another as subordinate mediators is not only obvious it is encouraged. Interceding from Moses and others can be seen clearly in the OT. So Sorry but the church does not now nor has it ever put Mary on an equal of her son. However she not only carried the word but became man and She was his Mother.

Here is a short explanation what Co-Redemptrix means. Just as Christians are called explicitly in Scripture "co-workers" with God (1 Cor 3:9-15 also 2 Cor 5:18-6:2 -- "for we are God's fellow workers" NIV, the context of both passages is salvation, reconciliation, redemption, etc), so Mary being the first believing Christian and Mother of God the Son, is preeminantly the "co-worker" with God in salvation, since she cooperated with God in bringing the divine Son of God into the world. As McCarthy himself notices in the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "By pronouncing her 'fiat" at the Annunciation and giving her consent to the Incarnation, Mary was already collaborating with the whole work her Son was to accomplish" (Catechism 973).

That is a simple fact of the Gospel message. Mary brought Jesus into the world, and Jesus brought salvation and redemption to the world, both at the Incarnation (Luke 1:26ff; John 1:1,14,29; 1 John 4:9ff; 3:5; etc) and by his death on the cross (Rom 5: 8ff; Col 2:13ff; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 John 2:2; etc). As the writer to the Hebrews tells us, the BODY of Jesus Christ was the instrument of the Redemption (Hebrews 10:10). In this most important sense of giving flesh to the Savior in the Incarnation, Mary cooperated with God in the redemption of the world and is therefore "Co-Redemptrix" of the human race. No Mary, No Jesus just as Know Mary, Know Jesus. Without Mary there is no Incarnation and therefore no salvation, and knowing and loving the Blessed Mother brings us ever closer to her Son. One of the primary lay spokesman for the "Vox Populi" Co-Redemptrix movement in the Catholic Church further explains:

"When the Church calls Mary the 'Co-Redemptrix,' she means that Mary uniquely participated in the Redemption of humanity with her Son Jesus Christ, although in a completely subordinate and dependent manner to that of her Son. Mary participated in Jesus' reconciliation of the human family with God like no other created person...How did the Mother of Jesus do this? First of all, Mary participated in Redemption by accepting the invitation of the angel to become the Mother of God and by giving flesh to the Savior. Early Church Fathers saw the Incarnation and Redemption as one, unified, saving act....and Mary brought the world its Redeemer at the Incarnation... The Heart of Marian Doctrine and Devotion, page 68-69)

http://www.biblicalcatholic.com/apologetics/n...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#558305 Aug 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Catholic is worshiping Mary they need to be reported to their Bishop..
As for you, you are seeing photos of what you think is adoration of the Blessed Mother. Thats not proof that worship is happeneing. The Catholic Church forbids worship of her. So please, provide documentation or stop accusing us.
The titles the RCC has for her for ONE are proof of worship: Queen of heaven,Queen of the Angels,Immaculate Conception with its observance of the appointed holy day,and the masses of tribute and worship to her person. Co-Redemptorist(is awarded homage for being co-Redeemer with her son),Mother of all graces,Mediatix of all graces(a Divine title to say the least), Holy Mother of God, And the latest which has gained much momentum in the worship of Mary:SPOUSE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

I do not think that all of the Litanies that are said to her,and the songs in her honor,the many masses, the thousands of statues,and shrines erected in her honor, point to the sole worship of the Lord Jesus Christ. Another aspect is prayer which will include the Apparitions,and the Rosary that are dominated with prayers to Mary,and litanies to her,masses that repeat the long prayers of adoration and love to her person.

And speaking of PRAYER,if in fact Christians are praying to Mary in every country, and she is being beseeched to in fact answer their prayers,is giving her the role as being Divinely omnipresent.That could be said as well of all saints that are prayed to,and also given credit for answering those prayers.But Mary by far receives most of the prayers,along with salutations of worship and adoration,and beautiful litanies,priests and laity,and other religious kneeling on their knees before statues or pictures of the Holy Virgin.

"By their fruits you shall know them...." Which includes practices and observances as well as the results of what people do.

Location hidden

#558306 Aug 31, 2014
Clay....three guesses where this info is found...

There, "in the glory of the Most Holy and Undivided Trinity," "in the communion of all the saints," the Church is awaited by the one she venerates as Mother of her Lord and as her own mother.

venerate: Latin vener&#257;tus, past participle of vener&#257;r&#299; to solicit the goodwill of (a god), worship, revere

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 14 min Trump is a joke 47,483
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 1 hr John 7
Add me on Skype for fun summerun1 1 hr Summerun1 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr youareadufus 504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr youareadufus 990,751
Here’s What Oil Drilling Looks Like in the Arct... 5 hr Guy from Latonia 1
Budha Prolly Went To He11 10 hr Smiley 7
More from around the web