Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667513 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#558230 Aug 31, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
your post doesn't make any sense. par for the course with YOU.lol
so now, you have something in common with Hank and his campbellite cult.
Ah am not surprised at you not understanding Scripture...maybe if you squint...give it a try...

The Bible does not teach baptism of the Holy Ghost...quote: I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

It do not say: I indeed baptize you of water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you of the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
This time...make a note of the correct message in Scripture...

Location hidden

#558231 Aug 31, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It says Jesus will baptize us WITH the Holy Ghost and WITH fire; it's how one becomes 'born-again or born anew', one cannot see or preach the Kingdom of Heaven unless she-he has the Spirit of Jesus inside of him her.
Thanks...everybody but boycow knows that.....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#558232 Aug 31, 2014
Jesus ... "SO ... here you ARE at heaven's gate ... and you want me to approve of your entry. So I will first ask you a few questions. Do you LOVE me?"

Devotee ... "OF COURSE I LOVE YOU."

Jesus ... "Do you believe that I know truth?"

Devotee ... "YES ... OF COURSE."

Jesus ... "Then why did you just lie to me, when you KNOW that the reason you felt you HAD to believe in me is because you were afraid that I have the power to reject you to hell?"

Devotee ... "Well ... I don't know what to say."

Jesus ... "I know what to say. You didn't love me. You were afraid of my power over you. So now do you still believe that you deserve to be in heaven?"

Devotee ... "PLEASE MASTER ... I beg you ... let me in to heaven."

Jesus ... "You were certain that others deserved hell. I read your thoughts and they weren't what I expected from you."

Devotee ... "PLEASE MASTER, PLEASE ... HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL."

Jesus ... "You know that it's my job to make a final judgment. It's nothing personal to me that I reject you. It's simply me doing my job."

tongue in cheek

Location hidden

#558233 Aug 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are saying we worship Mary, then yes, the Catholic Herald is putting out material that is not true.
Anyway, I never even heard of them until now. A quick Google search says they are a newspaper in England with 21,000 subscribers. I have no idea why you keep avoiding apologizing to us. You are deliberately bearing false witness and nothing you twist, turn and avoid will solve this.
From the catechism Ox, show of where we Catholics are to Worship Mary.
A idea why a Catholic website would be putting out material that is not true? What about the others on the same page???

What about the pictures on that page showing popes kneeling and praying to an idol of Mary...are they fakes??????

Location hidden

#558234 Aug 31, 2014
oops...Any idea
marge

Des Moines, IA

#558235 Aug 31, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you ask your friends to pray for you you are "worshiping them"?
And marge, we will be alive with Christ.
( guess u will not)
No, but I would be if I said.,'Holy friend, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners', get it?

You make Mary to be above God, get it?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#558236 Aug 31, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Clay, when Catholics pray this,'Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.' that alone is worshipping Mary. Not to mention she is dead and it's a sin to call on the dead.
We don't believe so. We can show you piles of Scripture to support us too. The point is, you tell people that Catholics worship Mary. This is a lie. We told you time and time again but you ignore it. The Catholic Church is clear as can be.. Mary is not a diety, she is not to be worshipped. No matter what you wish to see in old writings of Catholics, it doesn't matter, because the Church doesn't teach what you claim. Therefore, like Ox and Confrint, you are bearing false witness. If you don't repent, you'll be in trouble. Oh wait, you think you solved that problem by inventing osas. I guess you won't have to explain why you violated the ten commandments..

Prince George, Canada

#558237 Aug 31, 2014
When you choose to believe that YOU will be saved and others deserve eternal hell ... do you honestly feel that you should be "rewarded" for such a horrible belief!

HONESTLY???

I most certainly wouldn't expect to be rewarded for lording my self over others.

Prince George, Canada

#558238 Aug 31, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I would be if I said.,'Holy friend, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners', get it?
You make Mary to be above God, get it?
According to even your own wacky theology ... Mary is the mother of the god Jesus.

What is your problem? Do you think that god impregnated Mary because she wasn't worthy of worship???

You best be careful who you MOCK.

God doesn't impregnate just any woman. He was very picky about who he impregnated.

Idiocy!

Prince George, Canada

#558239 Aug 31, 2014
Yashoda (Ya&#347;od&#257;), also spelt as Yasoda, is the foster-mother to the god Krishna and a wife of Nanda within the Puranic texts of Hinduism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yashoda

Location hidden

#558240 Aug 31, 2014
The inventions of the CC are wholly destitute of foundation in Scripture, and subversive of the gospel. One of these unauthorized inventions is the alleged immaculate conception and spotless holiness of Mary....

The CC teaches the following Scripture does not apply to Mary:
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

She confessed of her need of a Savior.
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
marge

Des Moines, IA

#558242 Aug 31, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you ask your friends to pray for you you are "worshiping them"?
And marge, we will be alive with Christ.
( guess u will not)
And I would never ask prayer from my dead friends, as that would calling on the dead which is a sin.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#558243 Aug 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Yashoda (Ya&#347;od&#257;), also spelt as Yasoda, is the foster-mother to the god Krishna and a wife of Nanda within the Puranic texts of Hinduism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yashoda
June, don't you ever tire?
you're relentless..

Prince George, Canada

#558244 Aug 31, 2014
Each group of men wrote religious literature as a living. For their stories they often received great honors from the devotees.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Buddha and His Disciples

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/buddhism/...

Prince George, Canada

#558245 Aug 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
you're relentless..
I have an agenda, and that is to try to free people from preachers of religion that teach that we "fell" short of "perfection" when we chose to disobey "gods."

From my perception ... ALL religion is stupid nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#558246 Aug 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
The inventions of the CC are wholly destitute of foundation in Scripture, and subversive of the gospel. One of these unauthorized inventions is the alleged immaculate conception and spotless holiness of Mary....
The CC teaches the following Scripture does not apply to Mary:
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
She confessed of her need of a Savior.
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Here is one who is relentless in trying to persuade others that he IS a disciple of holy writ.

Prince George, Canada

#558247 Aug 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
you're relentless..
If I'm relentless, it's because I comprehend how freeing it feels to now be at peace to wait until I die to either be aware or not aware ... without any further ado.

I don't worry about a supposed future, but rather try to do my best by others with each moment I have left IN my physical body.

I suggest that the rest will take care of itself.

Prince George, Canada

#558248 Aug 31, 2014
And keep in mind that as do preachers of religion, I am not asking you to send money. I simply want for you the peace that came to me when I took back control of my own thoughts.

My path is for me ... and I don't need or WANT preachers of any religion meddling in my business.

And from my perception that is the best decision I made in my whole relatively long life.

Prince George, Canada

#558249 Aug 31, 2014
There's an old saying ... "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

That might be partially true ... but with enough men to counter the power of the horse ... the horse will be forced to drink against it's own will.

Where there is a will to overpower others ... the will WILL be USED in a negative way.

It's human nature to want to lord it over others.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#558250 Aug 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A idea why a Catholic website would be putting out material that is not true? What about the others on the same page???
What about the pictures on that page showing popes kneeling and praying to an idol of Mary...are they fakes??????
I have no idea. I didnt read the article. And the Popes weren't kneeling and praying to an idol of Mary because she is not our idol. That would be against official Church teaching.
Are you really going to continue bearing false witness? If so, you're about as reckless of a soul I've ever met. How arrogant of u to think you can stand before God holding your Bible and think judgment doesn't await!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 979,264
Waiting to pee 43 min Tallguy95 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 55 min Clearwater 92,242
allofourstuff.com 1 hr AllofOurStuff 1
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr kingwhats 449
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 hr The Real Donald T... 30
John Holmes(white man)had biggest penis in history (Dec '08) 1 hr Big Daddy K 94
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr what 285,938
More from around the web