Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701701 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#558186 Aug 30, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things here cowboy.
1. You lie when you claim you do not pay attention to my message sir.
2. No profit huh? The down to Earth country folk I know are happy to break even or go in the hole now and then. They love to live the life. You live for profit. Then ... and ... now as a supposed preacher of the Gospel of Christ.
I have no idea WHAT your message is. I just know that you are a heathen on a supposedly religious forum. again, the market on beef was very low, much lower than when I bought them so we sold out and lost a lot of money.

as a Pastor, I NEVER TOOK ONE PENNY. NEVER HAD TO. MY SALARY WAS IN THE 95,000.00 A YEAR BRACKET and my wife made over 65,000.00, so we lived and still live very comfortably today. even tho we both have retired.

Location hidden

#558187 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
RoS, you and I both know that we along with Sera could never fellowship with Marge, with the attitude that she has shown on this Forum.
remember this, even the apostles had disagreements. Paul and Barnabas had quite a big disagreement and split up, and the Bible doesn't show that they ever reconciled.
How could we have Communion with hank, when he doesn't think that any of us are Christians since we don't belong to his denomination?
there is no way that any catholic church would accept you and I sharing communion with them, that goes with the jw's also.
Lets just wait on the Lord and if we are still on this Earth, that trump will show us who belongs to the Lord and who doesn't,
then and only then will we have unity with each other and the Lord. For me, I have never told ONE person on here that they have to believe in Holiness like I do, I haven't seen ONE post from GIF that we need to believe as he does. that is what REAL Christians do.
we share what the bible teaches, and then it is up to the individuals as to what they do with this Man called Christ
Old 02-17-2004, 03:46 PM
7,000 Posts Club Join Date: Mar 2002
Send a message via Yahoo to pinoybaptist

----------

Seems like they want heaven on earth now, pronto, a hora mismo !!

A body of Christ where there are no divisions as to doctrine, practices, etc., can only exist in heaven where there are no tears, no pain, no hunger, no thirst, no sin, no Satan to divide and rule, or at least try to.

Location hidden

#558189 Aug 30, 2014
Here are Questions for Campbellites
1. According to the history of the "Church of Christ," God used certain men to "restore" the New Testament Church in the early 1800's. Where was the true New Testament church before then? Jesus said that the gates of hell would not prevail against His church (Matthew 16:18). What happened to the church and where was the truth it was responsible for preaching before God restored it?
2. If a "Church of Christ" elder refuses to baptize me, will I be lost until I can find one who will? Do I need Jesus AND a Campebllite "preacher" in order to be saved? If I do, then Jesus Christ is not the only Mediator (1 Tim. 2:5) and the Holy Spirit is not the only Administrator (1 Cor. 12:13) of salvation - the "Church of Christ" preacher is necessary to salvation for he is performing a saving act on me when he baptizes me! Is this not blasphemy against Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost?
3. If the water pipes broke and the baptistry was bone dry, would my salvation have to wait until the plumber showed up? If I were to die before then, would I go to hell? If obedience to water baptism is the means of forgiveness of sins, then I would.
4. If my past sins are forgiven when I am baptized in water, and it is possible for me to "lose my salvation" and go to hell after being baptized, then wouldn't my best chance of going to heaven be to drown in the baptistry?!!- before I had a chance to sin so as to be lost again? If I wanted to be absolutely sure of heaven, isn't that my best opportunity?
5. If as a Christian I can sin so as to "lose my salvation," just what sin or sins will place me in such danger? Is it possible to know at what point one has committed such a sin, and become lost again? Please be specific and give clear Bible references.
6. If as a Christian I can fall and "lose my salvation," is it possible to regain it? If so, how? If God "takes away" my salvation, doesn't that make Him an "Indian giver"? How could I ever know for sure that I was saved or lost?
7. After becoming a Christian, are there any sins that will put me beyond the "point of no return" so that I cannot regain salvation? What sin or sins will put me in such jeopardy, so that, after becoming a Christian, I would be doomed to hell without any recourse? Please be specific and give me clear Bible references.
8. If I committed some sin -whether in thought, word, or deed, one minute before a fatal car crash - would I go to hell if I did not have time to repent of it? And, please, don't just say that it's up to God without giving me a specific Bible reference.
9. Why does the "Church of Christ" insist that their name is scriptural when it cannot be found anywhere in the Bible? The church is referred to as the "church of God" eight (8) times in the Bible, but never is it called the "church of Christ." The verse they use is Romans 16:16, but it doesn't say "church of Christ." Where does the Bible call the church the "church of Christ"?
marge

Des Moines, IA

#558190 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not teach baptism of the Holy Ghost...quote: I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
It do not say: I indeed baptize you of water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you of the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
This time...make a note of the correct message in Scripture...
It says Jesus will baptize us WITH the Holy Ghost and WITH fire; it's how one becomes 'born-again or born anew', one cannot see or preach the Kingdom of Heaven unless she-he has the Spirit of Jesus inside of him her.

Location hidden

#558191 Aug 30, 2014
11. The "Church of Christ" teaches that a sinner is forgiven of sin when he is baptized in water by a Campbellite elder. Where does the Bible teach that water baptism is required in order to have one's sins forgiven? Every time the phrase "for the remission of sins" occurs it is speaking of the fact that sins have been forgiven previously! The Bible plainly teaches that the forgiveness of sins is conditioned upon repentance of sin and faith in Christ - never upon water baptism!(Matthew 3:11; Luke 24:47; Acts 3:19; Acts 5:31; Acts 10:43; Acts 20:21; Romans 1:16; Romans 4:5; et.al.) Where does the Bible teach that forgiveness of sin is linked with water baptism? When Christ made the statement in Matthew 26:28, "for the remission of sins," it had to be because they had been forgiven all through the Old Testament! Christ shed His blood because God forgave repentant and believing sinners for thousands of years before the Son of God came to "take away" sins and to redeem us and pay the sin-debt with His own precious blood. How can one say that "for the remission of sins" means 'in order to obtain' in light of the fact that God never uses the phrase in that sense? In the Old Testament God forgave sin on the basis of a blood sacrifice (Heb. 9:22)- the Old Testament saints had their sins remitted (i.e., forgiven) but they were not redeemed until Christ came and shed His blood at Calvary. Their sins were covered (Romans 4:7; Psalm 32:1), but the sinner was not cleared of his guilt (Exodus 34:7) until the Cross (Heb.10:4). Before Calvary, the sins of believers were pardoned, but they were not paid for (i.e., redeemed) until the crucifixion (see Romans 3:25 and Heb. 9:12-15). When Jesus said, "It is finished," (John 19:30), all sin - past, present and future - was paid for, and the plan of salvation was completed, so that 'whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins'(Acts 10:43). In Acts 2:38, the people were baptized because their sins were forgiven (at Calvary when Jesus said, "Father, forgive them,") and they received the blessing of forgiveness when they repented of their sin of rejecting Christ and accepted Him as their Saviour and Lord. Friend, heaven or hell depends on what you believe about this.
12. If salvation is not by works of righteousness which we have done, and baptism is a work of "righteousness," then how can water baptism be a part of salvation?(Titus 3:5; Matt. 3:16) In the Bible, we are SAVED BY GRACE, and grace does not involve human effort or merit - grace is grace and work is work!(Just read Ephesians 2:8,9 and Romans 11:6.)
13. The "Church of Christ" teaches that "obeying the Gospel" includes being baptized in water in order to be saved. If this is true, then how is it that the converts of Acts 10 were saved by faith before and without water baptism? The Bible says in Acts 5:32 that only those who obey God may receive the Holy Ghost - so what did those in Acts 10 do to obey and receive the Holy Ghost and be saved? In the light of Acts 10:34-48, Acts 11:14-18, and Acts 15:7-11, how can anyone honestly believe that water baptism is necessary to salvation? Simon Peter said their hearts were "purified by faith" (Acts 15:9) and that we are saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ like they were (Acts 15:11); that is, before and without water baptism! We know that unsaved people do not receive or have the Holy Spirit (John 14:17; Romans 8:9). We know that the Holy Spirit is given only to those who have believed on Christ (John 7:39). We know that the Holy Spirit seals the believing sinner the moment he puts his faith and trust in Christ as Savior, before he is ever baptized in water (Ephesians 1:12,13). How does the warped theolgy of Campbellism explain away these clear passages of Scripture without "muddying the waters" of truth and drowning its members in eternal damnation?
http://www.biblebelievers.com/david_martin/ma...

Location hidden

#558193 Aug 30, 2014
looks like topix is censoring my posts about the coc.lol
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#558194 Aug 30, 2014
see
I wrote you before
Please tell me where is coin or any money notes with Jesus Christ head!
marge

Des Moines, IA

#558195 Aug 30, 2014
truth wrote:
http://biblehub.com/1_corinthi ans/14-25.htm
As they listen, their secret thoughts will be exposed, and they will fall to their knees and worship God, declaring, "God is truly here among you."
marge

Des Moines, IA

#558196 Aug 30, 2014
I have no problem praying to God in Jesus name with anyone.
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#558197 Aug 30, 2014
Are you for sure Jesus is citizen in your heart?

Is that any secret for you when people pray so simple then say;'Jesus I love you'?
Which sin or error you see there?
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#558198 Aug 31, 2014
see
when i say your law is not my law
see
traffic law
if I am not driver i will tell you
then you will say what you looking my dear
dear god I am pedestrian
I am looking only for light where i can cross over!
ok
then explain
who are you here on earth
which is your purpose
dear god we are all pedestrian
ok dear
what you want cross over in another world

not yet dear god
i don't fill that i need go from this world
ok one day you will
are you for sure you not going one day
no dear god liked that
i think i will past away one day, not yet
its good to know light exist don't you
thank you very much dear Jesus
you make sure for all of us on the end tunnel is light

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#558199 Aug 31, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
At one poiNt we tried, a few of us saying a prayer for the needs of each other . A Few joined. Others scoffed .
Id love for it to be so as we worship the same Saviour.
I pray in Jesus name for the saving grace of God to reach ypur loved ones as well as my own
And those of each of us on here .
I pray also for healing of body and Spirit for everyine on this forum
In Jesus most precious,name .
That we might find some common ground in prayer to the ONE
Who loved us enough to be sacrificed and suffer the punishment
For our transgressions as He huNg on the Cross and felt
The Separation that we deserve from Our Father,
something
Totally horrid to His,Sinless nature .
Bless us Lord Jesus
AMEN
Yes, and I will pray for you and yours as well. God is love, and all through the Bible we are instructed to love one another. But I don't think too many people get that simple message which is the first and second commandments according to Jesus.

I am glad there are some people like you that do. It also says in the Bible if we don't have love (charity) then we don't have anything. I think some people are going to get a rude awakening one of these days.

But blessed are the true Children of God, like you, who have love and caring in their hearts.

Let's Play

#558200 Aug 31, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you blathering about now?
Calm down Francis.
Lol, he is on a rampage. The way his is acting you would think that the Church of Christ killed his family and burned his house down.

Let's Play

#558201 Aug 31, 2014
Oh and Preston, I am not now or ever have I been on a high horse or what ever you said. I have been quoting scripture......so you might be reading the Word of God and feeling condemned by your judging, name calling, and how you like to try and belittle others. Well, the Bible ain't my word it is God's so if you have a problem with it then take it to him.

I don't have to tell you, and I shouldn't have to tell you, where that type of behavior and attitude that you are displaying comes from; you should all ready know.

Let's Play

#558202 Aug 31, 2014
truth wrote:
wife don't need give power to husband separated her from God..
God always can hear prayers!
You are acting paranoid. I ain't out to get you and I have definitely not teamed up with anyone else to come against you. Seriously, take a deep breath and relax.

Oh and another thing, it doesn't bother me when people don't agree with me on everything. I am not like you, I don't want to make people bow to me. And I definitely ain't gonna attack them by name calling or running them out of a Church.

Where is the love of God, Preston??????

Let's Play

#558203 Aug 31, 2014
Sorry truth that was for Preston.......I still ain't adjusted to this new stuff.......lol

Let's Play

#558204 Aug 31, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
STICK AROUND, EVENTUALLY OXBORE WILL TURN ON yOU JUST AS HE HAS DONE THE REST OF US. SO YOUR WORDS DONT MEAN A THING COMPARED TO THE TRUTH ABOUT him.
This is the post I was replying to when I said you are acting paranoid.

Let's Play

#558205 Aug 31, 2014
To Truth, Hank,

Blessings to you as well.
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#558206 Aug 31, 2014
I give you answer on that before;'nobody call us madam or sir'..
I am born natural under 'title'.
My castle is in ruin, my statue don't have gold or silver less any red carpet under my feet.
I don't need that.

You still not say;'why coin or money notes don't have Jesus Christ head'.

no its not error say Jesus I love you, less any paranoid words..
by
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#558207 Aug 31, 2014
That's alright I been only 8 years old when I start act in small school theater!
That time I perfectly describe social life as well system where I am born!
I born in small province where system not aloud
-economical
-not financial
-not social progress
My hands been blue and swollen too until my grandmother change my school!
Its been against law say to corrupt diploma they are corrupt and not worthy!
They will declare you as enemy of system!
Very sad don't you, call others paranoid!
Today in my former country system col-ups, its gone as fata-morgana in desert as ideological paranoia!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,418
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Gotti 80,480
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min another viewer 995,803
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,872
some blacks want reparations for slavery via wh... (Sep '11) 3 hr thehells 62
His Time has Come!: James Harden 2017-18 MVP!!! 16 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Chubby gay horny 17 hr Chick-fil-A-Sam 3