Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637823 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#557834 Aug 29, 2014
I suggest that those who have everything to hide, have nothing WORTH giving to others.

I don't pretend to have answers to what remains mysteries.

I'm a fool ... but not THAT much of a fool.

I can't know what happens until it happens ... and that my concept of truth.

Burns Lake, Canada

#557835 Aug 29, 2014
I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is a much better policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place.

Winston Churchill

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557836 Aug 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that what you preach is based on anything but nonsense.
Next you will admit in feigned humility that we are ALL sinners ... and then when I ask if you are an active sinner, why you are preaching at me how to not be a sinner ... you won't answer.
I've asked countless questions of you preachers and you ignore my questions again and again.
And that is because you have everything to HIDE.
~~~

You wrote

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#557837 Aug 29, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>YES you have a point,but remember this June it is not what is taught from the Scriptures,and is the reality of who the Lord Jesus is! In fact, it is all human nature in regards to division,and self will,pride and the doctrines of men. Much of what Christians bicker over is their practices,and how they perceive what Christ meant here and there. Not that they all are wrong in their thinking,but that they do not recognize each other with the respect Christ would give to all in the same circumstances.
Naturally I agree,but when we are dealing with men of God who are anointed, and what they say or said brings challenge to the Body of Christ,we all have the right to confront it,and to discuss what was said. I do not believe that there is salvation outside of my Lord,who gave His life as a ransom for many.Jesus is the only One who laid down His life and went to the Cross for all humanity.He is not a religious system,or organization.He is the Son of the Living Father,2nd Person of the Godhead,God Incarnate.There is no salvation in theologies that are formed by human reasoning.

It takes no human reasoning to conjure up what Jesus did,and what the Father accomplished as the only salvation for us all. We Christians have no other ism to follow or be part of,for we know that our passage to eternal life is through the Lord Jesus Christ,a PERSON,not a religion.

Burns Lake, Canada

#557838 Aug 29, 2014
When I suggested that if a creator exists to have created non-human animals that must suffer it would be of the character of a monster ... some religious philosophers on this forum suggested that maybe non-human animals don't suffer from physical pain as do humans.

The lengths to which devotees will go to protect the image of the supposed creator as being loving and kind is astounding.

If non-human animals don't feel pain ... why do think that vets anesthetize them FOR pain before operating???

Idiots abound!

Burns Lake, Canada

#557839 Aug 29, 2014
Pad wrote:
<
when we are dealing with men of God who are anointed
The men "anointed" EACH other as men of God.

The Dalai Lama was anointed by other men in the Buddhist colony to believe HE is the reincarnation of the previous dalai lama.

Anointing is another one of those poetic words that move devotees to believe they are chosen of one or another GOD.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#557840 Aug 29, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, so you only talk to other Christians.......You are sitting in a church just witnessing to Christians.
Our Christian walk just isn't in a church there pal. We got to live it every day and try and be a light to sinners....I didn't say me and pusherman were gonna go out and party or commit sins together did I......He is my friend and I want to be a light to him. I don't want to condemn him or anyone else to hell cause I once was a sinner to and I sure wouldn't have wanted anyone to condemn me to hell. Well I am just glad that God is my judge and not man.
And you shine like the sun in my life..
I am very happy to know you and have you in my life.

Burns Lake, Canada

#557841 Aug 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
You are begging me to trust your KJV scriptures that were passed off as literal universal truth by a king who wanted his name on the book in trade for giving in to the Puritans who simply wanted a new bible that they could call their own and no longer have to use a Catholic-approved bible.

It ain't gonna happen ... you parasite.

I will NOT believe that you are destined for utopian bliss while I will spend eternity in hell for not being a Protestant.

I've seen your type all my life ... and their words also held no power over me.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#557842 Aug 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the sickness preached at others that stems from sick religious minds, that ALWAYS believe they see evil in others and holiness in selves.
I hope he gets the "justice" that he seeks on Judgement Day..
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557843 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>
"Michael"
I enjoy living .... having abundant life....God has supplied all my needs..
I live by the same FAITH that I preach ... Having just returned for the doctor this week ..He said..My health is excellent,
I am at present..... helping one of my sons build a room on his home where my wife and I will spend the rest of our days....it is 16x30...
I have food and shelter and my needs supplied...
In revival at the Church I pastor we are seeing souls being saved, healed blessed and encouraged.
God has kept his word for my wife and I over the 62 years of Marriage and pastoral work together
It is not my purpose to please any one here....but to confront them with the word of God
Some I admonish get insulted ...others react in other ways as you have noted...
but
Jesus said about His word...
Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
I pay no attention to the name callings and personal attacks....I just count them as occupational hazards.... I am whom God says I am...What others say don't faze me...
I don't give any one control over me...that I would react angerally to their remarks.
If I did then I would be out of control....
You are very out of control and react quite angrily whenever I remind you that you have no authority to infallibly interpret scripture and do not speak for God.

If anyone on this board needs to be "confrinted" with scripture, it certainly would be you, and I think your wife ought to be the one to do it.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557844 Aug 29, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Naturally I agree,but when we are dealing with men of God who are anointed, and what they say or said brings challenge to the Body of Christ,we all have the right to confront it,and to discuss what was said. I do not believe that there is salvation outside of my Lord,who gave His life as a ransom for many.Jesus is the only One who laid down His life and went to the Cross for all humanity.He is not a religious system,or organization.He is the Son of the Living Father,2nd Person of the Godhead,God Incarnate.There is no salvation in theologies that are formed by human reasoning.
It takes no human reasoning to conjure up what Jesus did,and what the Father accomplished as the only salvation for us all. We Christians have no other ism to follow or be part of,for we know that our passage to eternal life is through the Lord Jesus Christ,a PERSON,not a religion.
I'm sorry I didn't respond to your post to me about the pope's sermon Dan, but I found your criticism to be petty and frankly a bit childish. If we Catholics can endure the countless televangelists and Internet protestant preachers who call themselves "prophets and apostles", I would hope someone as mature in the faith, as I assume you to be, would be able to look beyond a title given the pope by his own congregants.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557845 Aug 29, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
all I am guilty of is showing you who is a Chrisitan on this forum and who is NOT. if you choose to align yourself to doosuses like oxbore, et al. be my guest.
I NEVER MEANT YOU ANY HOSTILITY NOR DID CONFRINTING, A BISHOP IN THE CHURCH OF GOD DENOMINATION
"BISHOP"?

Who in the Church laid hands on him and ordained him?

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557846 Aug 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Next you will admit in feigned humility that we are ALL sinners ... and then when I ask if you are an active sinner, why you are preaching at me how to not be a sinner ... you won't answer.
I've asked countless questions of you preachers and you ignore my questions again and again.
And that is because you have everything to HIDE.
I am not a preacher! and ain't hiding anything.

#557847 Aug 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very out of control and react quite angrily whenever I remind you that you have no authority to infallibly interpret scripture and do not speak for God.
If anyone on this board needs to be "confrinted" with scripture, it certainly would be you, and I think your wife ought to be the one to do it.
You certainly have never attempted to confront me with scriptures.....You have only attack me personally and tried to convince me of your man made inventions, and conjured up conjecture.

Question ...
Why do you attempt to persuade men to follow a religion that cannot guarantee eternal life.

you religion is like your game of Bingo...It is a cruel game of Chance...

2Ti_1:12......... I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Your Religion has no such certainty.... and you lie if you say it does....

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557848 Aug 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> And you shine like the sun in my life..
I am very happy to know you and have you in my life.
Thanks.

#557849 Aug 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"BISHOP"?
Who in the Church laid hands on him and ordained him?
Are you referring to one that represents your religious cult (that you call a church)

I would not want one of your sodomize-rs to lay their filthy hands upon me.

I experience that as a child already....from a religious person ...a wolf/predator in sheep's

presenting himself as a sheep. I have had enough of that kind of religion,,,

.Your would have one of your perverts that you refuse defrock

or even admit exist.... filthy partakers of homosexuality smelling of cigars and reeking of wine .

You have some nerve attempting to present a religion that protects perverts in priest garbs.

while claiming to represent God's Holiness....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557850 Aug 29, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
Sorry, I was replying to Robert.....This topix thing has changed a little and it is making it hard to reply to the right post......Sorry 'bout that.
seriously the original

I had the same problem this morning....

I consider, your posts, quite becoming a person seeking a Christian life. And so I welcome you, in His Name.

Sharing your faith on this forum, will be quite challenging at times, if you extend your time on here.

Each has their own intentions, sometimes hard to ferret out. And it is a challenge at times to do so. Yet I find it a good way to express one's faith.

My one piece of advice is not to believe, or take at face value what everyone writes.

Peace
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557851 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>
You certainly have never attempted to confront me with scriptures.....You have only attack me personally and tried to convince me of your man made inventions, and conjured up conjecture.
Question ...
Why do you attempt to persuade men to follow a religion that cannot guarantee eternal life.
you religion is like your game of Bingo...It is a cruel game of Chance...
2Ti_1:12......... I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Your Religion has no such certainty.... and you lie if you say it does....
You're a slippery preacher who's very adept at redirection and smoke screens. The issue is, and will remain, YOUR authority to judge whether Catholic teaching is scriptural and true. In the years you've been here never once have you established your authority. Until you do, you are no more to me (or any other Christian) than a trained monkey who knows how to cut and paste verses on the Internet.

I don't need to confrint you with scripture passages showing you to be an ignorant bigot, who is probably only second to Preston when it comes to hypocrisy, being judgmental and bearing false witness. One would hope that after reading the bible for 60 years you would be able reflect on your own sins and deal with them and try to be more Christ like. It's sad that you may never come to realize this.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#557852 Aug 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be correct
"Might" - I guess this is accurate, because since GiF hasn't explained his remark....I could be wrong. I doubt it.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>... but from what he posts
Oh darn...and I thought we were actually going to agree on something.....darn it all!!
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest he believes he almost has perfect control over his flesh in that he doesn't think evil thoughts as do others such as homosexuals that he refers to as perverts.
He does show this appearance...that would be a simple trait....ego and hate. GiF will probably be outside the gates waiting for someone to show up......and probably a long time.....

:o)
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>As do you, Gif has a high opinion about his spiritual accomplishments.
Okay.....uhm....thanks for the compliment.....but you are right - I do find myself spiritually sound.

...and to be honest with ya....I could care less on what others think about my "spirituality" either........it's not their life.......and they don't have any say in mine.....well except if you are my Mom or wife....then you may get to put in a word or two.

:o)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#557853 Aug 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Mobsters that are Catholic are guaranteed heaven. That is the purpose of the confessional. Jesus works his magic in Catholic confessionals.
But never mind ... Jesus also works his magic for the Protestant sinners.
Jesus is not at all fussy! All ya have to do is believe in him and your sins become white as the driven snow.
It was written.
Not anymore - they were "excommunicated"....

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/t...
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/world/pope-mafi...
http://time.com/2912251/pope-francis-mafia-ex...

There....I gave three of many links to choose from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min truth 44,229
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min truth 29,381
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min LAWEST100 618,238
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 181,926
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr Aussie Kev 1,450
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Johnny 3,700
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 280,516
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Ooogah Boogah 968,837
More from around the web