Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654080 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#557507 Aug 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your behavior(that of catholics along with marge) is the Only Reason WHY you were not part of the[off the forum network].
those of us who were ,wanted to pray and succor her and him. not browbeat.
YOU ARE A LIAR IF YOU SAY THAT YOU DIDNT KNOW JUST HOW SICK THAT HE WAS.
You have no way of knowing if Anthony is lying or not...you only have an opinion...opinions are like "you know what"...everybody has one...
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#557508 Aug 27, 2014
charshija from charia law=market place
They liked market first place.
charshaf=blanket,they liked cover up them- self
Why you hide yourself can I see you?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#557509 Aug 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no way of knowing if Anthony is lying or not...you only have an opinion...opinions are like "you know what"...everybody has one...
it was made very plain to all of us that his condition was terminal. the chemo that he ahd undergone years ago and almost destroyed his lungs. and that info was available to ALL of us.

which makes you a liar by calling me a liar.

don't you have any pride at all in yourself to attack me over the lies of a catholic who did know better.

Location hidden

#557510 Aug 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
it was made very plain to all of us that his condition was terminal. the chemo that he ahd undergone years ago and almost destroyed his lungs. and that info was available to ALL of us.
which makes you a liar by calling me a liar.
don't you have any pride at all in yourself to attack me over the lies of a catholic who did know better.
"it was made very plain to all of us that his condition was terminal. the chemo that he ahd undergone years ago and almost destroyed his lungs. and that info was available to ALL of us."

Simpleton!!!! All that proves is you are saying the info was available to all of us....and it may very well was available to all of us...But and however....it does not prove that all of us saw it....I, for one, never saw such....and you have no way if Anthony saw it either...

You owe him a humble apology....shame on you...

Location hidden

#557511 Aug 27, 2014
and you have no way if Anthony saw it either...

correction....and you have no way of knowing if Anthony saw it either...

Location hidden

#557512 Aug 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:

102 092
<quoted text>
I do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible.....what am I doing wrong??

perhaps you then arent as smart as you think that you are?

Location hidden

#557513 Aug 27, 2014
Shabbat (Hebrew: &#1513;&#1463;&#14 73;&#1489;&#1464;& #1468;&#1514;&#8206;, "rest" or "cessation") or Shabbos (Yiddish: &#1513;&#1488;&#14 89;&#1468;&#1506;& #1505;)(English: Sabbath) is the Jewish day of rest and seventh day of the week, on which religious Jews remember the Biblical creation of the heavens and the earth in six days and the Exodus of the Hebrews, and look forward to a future Messianic Age. Shabbat observance entails refraining from work activities, often with great rigor, and engaging in restful activities to honor the day. The traditional Jewish position is that unbroken seventh-day Shabbat originated among the Jewish people, as their first and most sacred institution, though some suggest other origins. Variations upon Shabbat are widespread in Judaism and, with adaptations, throughout the Abrahamic and many other religions.

if a person like oxbow is not familiar with the name of our Sabbath, they are very illiterate

United States

#557514 Aug 27, 2014
guest wrote:

I know what a tithe is, and that it is an "obligation" and "not giving" ... & that it is a tax.
But the tithe was a tax imposed to support the Levitical Priesthood and the Jewish Temple. No further burden was put upon Christians, especially at the point in time that the Temple was destroyed and the Levitical priesthood was no longer in place.
The scriptures you quoted are the ones I used, and the scripture I quoted - which you did not use - pertains to the Christians and not the Jews. Christians were instructed to give freely, and never was a 10% tax imposed.
-
-
Truth wrote:
Guest,
"He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.~~~So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver."~~~
-
-
There was none who sowed more bountifully than Christ himself... and what did he keep for himself?
He left us an example to follow - he never fleeced the sheep ... he fed them:
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_peter/2.htm
21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
-
Sowing bountifully does not mean one has an excuse to buy multiple mansions all over the country, and travel by private jet ... while the 'sheep' are living on Social Security and receiving food stamps.
-
Again, to whom do the likes of Joyce Meyer pay THEIR tithes?
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#557515 Aug 27, 2014
shlajba=small plain ring around bolts of wheel
if ring exist as on chips what wrote there
ring of wheel

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557516 Aug 27, 2014
All those in religion ... "Gee I wish you were as filled with spiritual knowledge as are those in my group of believers ... so that you could also be rewarded with the highest honors, deserving of eternal bliss."

Hilarious buffoonery.

Prince George, Canada

#557517 Aug 27, 2014
Self-indulgent theology.

"Of course devout believers that worship other gods, worship false gods. The only REAL God loves ME and those with the exact same belief AS me. That is because God is WISE."

Prince George, Canada

#557518 Aug 27, 2014
“When the stakes are this high- when calling God by the right name can make the difference between eternal happiness and eternal suffering, it is impossible to respect the beliefs of others who don't believe as you do.”

&#8213; Sam Harris

Prince George, Canada

#557519 Aug 27, 2014
“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”

Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557520 Aug 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God confirms you as a liar and bearer of false witness. Repent before it's too late.
Repent from what....

TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY?

YOUR HOMOSEXUAL PRIEST.... SODOMIZERS, AND IDOLATERS?

IT IS YOUR PERVERTED ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH THAT NEEDS TO REPENT.

YOU ARE THE ONES THAT ARE IN VIOLATION OF GOD'S HOLY WORD,

A
DISHONOR TO HIS CHARACTER , GOVERNMENT, WITH THE FOULEST INGRATITUDE TO HIS INFINITE BENEVOLANCE

Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Luke 13. Acts 3.

Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Act_15:7 And when there had been much disputing,

Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (so called) are the ones
2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

It is the one that needs to show

1. Sorrowful for past conduct or words.

2. be Sorrowful for sin.

3. Expressing or showing sorrow for sin; as repentant tears;

Prince George, Canada

#557521 Aug 27, 2014

United States

#557522 Aug 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
No you didnt forgive that is a lie and you only criticize Catholics.You both did plenty of insulting.
liar, disignenuous, unscholarly, shameless, hate mongering hypocrite among other things. The truth is not anymore name calling then what was said to the Pharisees. I hope he repented of all the rubbish he spewed in here and for supporting your evil. You have never brought anything here but strife and crap. First, your husband questioned the dogmas of Your church. Your husband said more than once he doesnt believe the Orthodox is the true Church. You say ask any Orthodox. Thank you for confirming that he was an Orthodox in name only. Your husband didnt want unity, because his pride was hurt. Your husband said its fine to be disobedient to Bishops. Your husband unilaterally condemned a Bishop in your church and mocked him. Your husband entertained the idea that the Waldensians were there from the beginning just to cause trouble. I presented the facts from Catholic, Protestant and even Waldensian scholars themselves, but that is no match for the great Scholar who produced nothing! He misrepresented teachings. He cut out parts off ultra right wing Orthodox sites and unsourced inaccurate information and only put snipits against Catholics not what it said of Protestants. Your husband made abuse allegations he could not back up, but we we did. Your husband was silent when people said incredibly arrogant and ignorant statments like we have no abuse. All allegations which were proven false. Your husband defended that which you yourself said was sinning and you vowed to do it more and We are to believe you are Christian? Get real woman. As for Regina and myself we did nothing but defend against the arrogant, ignorant lies and hate you were both spewing. Dont come looking for sympathy from me.. He was an embarrassment to chidren everywhere who need help but it was more important for him to hate and be a hypocrite because he couldnt fight an intellectual fight so he took the low road with you. If you cared at all about him then you would have stopped your evil, but you didnt. You got him all wound up. If you loved him then why didnt you take him away to a calming place with real friends other than your fictional ones on here? You dont defend your faith at all. He, you nor I need to be here. To me its like saying well if Adolph Hitler was ill you cant say anything to people who are lying and trashing on a church while excluding others who would gladly trash on him if he actually defended his faith. The bottom line is he was prideful and a very poor loser. One other thing I agreed with what he said is that I am amongst the most intelligent posters on this forum. Thanks Nick! He knew it and he couldn't defend his nonsense so he spinned and got angry. Your church leaders say its a sin to do what you did and do now. But according to Nick he could read whatever he likes and take what he agrees with. Yes he has free will but please dont claim to be Orthodox when you dont recongize the authority of a Church you claim to be in. Now Rage on because I posted facts and you have earned spite a thousand times over.
-
-
Seraphima wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen of this forum...I rest my case...Thank you
-
-
<QUOTE who="Dust Storm">
To me its like saying well if Adolph Hitler was ill you cant say anything to people who are lying and trashing on a church while excluding others who would gladly trash on him if he actually defended his faith. The bottom line is he was prideful and a very poor loser. </QUOTE>
-
-
What do you MEAN ...*IF* Adolph Hitler was ill?
He WAS ill.
He was a sociopath. There are none more ill than sociopaths!
He ordered the murder and torture of Jews.
.... Just like the Popes ordered the murder and torture of 'heretics' and covered up for pedophiles.
Sociopaths have no empathy for others and don't care if they hurt others.
-
them's the facts!
Now, rage on, Dust Storm!

United States

#557523 Aug 27, 2014
OH YEAH, Dust Storm ... lets NOT forget that Hitler signed a concordat with the Pope ....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557524 Aug 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Followers of Christ do not lie and bear false witness on a daily basis. Your fruits are rotten.
I have been trying to get the above message across to you for almost seven years...
You are more accountable for your lies because you here admit the truth about your religion....

You promise nothing ..

.No everlasting life

in return

for those you have deceived into involving themselves in your fruitless unscriptural...
calisthenics rituals, multiple inventions and empty religious innuendos.

Location hidden

#557525 Aug 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013
Judged:
Oxbow wrote:
102 092
<quoted text>
I do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible.....what am I doing wrong??
perhaps you then arent as smart as you think that you are?
I still do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible the KJV....and you cannot provide Scripture that shows I am wrong...

You will not answer my question "What am I doing wrong??" because the only answer "Neither are in Scripture" proves you are trying to change Scripture to make it say what you say it says..

And you say you are "called of God"....what did God call you????

Location hidden

#557526 Aug 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
Shabbat (Hebrew: &#1513;&#1463;&#14 73;&#1489;&#1464;& #1468;&#1514;&#8206;, "rest" or "cessation") or Shabbos (Yiddish: &#1513;&#1488;&#14 89;&#1468;&#1506;& #1505;)(English: Sabbath) is the Jewish day of rest and seventh day of the week, on which religious Jews remember the Biblical creation of the heavens and the earth in six days and the Exodus of the Hebrews, and look forward to a future Messianic Age. Shabbat observance entails refraining from work activities, often with great rigor, and engaging in restful activities to honor the day. The traditional Jewish position is that unbroken seventh-day Shabbat originated among the Jewish people, as their first and most sacred institution, though some suggest other origins. Variations upon Shabbat are widespread in Judaism and, with adaptations, throughout the Abrahamic and many other religions.
if a person like oxbow is not familiar with the name of our Sabbath, they are very illiterate
I still do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible the KJV....and you cannot provide Scripture that shows I am wrong...

You will not answer my question "What am I doing wrong??" because the only answer "Neither are in Scripture" proves you are trying to change Scripture to make it say what you say it says..

And you say you are "called of God"....what did God call you????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Insults Are Easier 64,088
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Toby 106,524
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min crucifiedguy 281,876
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 31 min gundee123 810
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 32 min ChristineM 445,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Toby 973,823
First time bi curious (Oct '15) 35 min andy 10
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 15 hr Clive 80
More from around the web