Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693425 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#557533 Aug 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes....our old friend PERCEPTION.....something we all have.....probably connected to free will in some 'subsist' way (that would be if Plato were here to comment on this discussion).
- That would be cool, huh?
:o)
Although you post as if you think y our perception is accurate - you've actuallyjust proven that "God" has no control over the actions of humans, thus a choice is now required for one to either believe or not.
You chose to believe - that would be Self, perception, and choice all rolled up into one nice little package.....yet you still refute that it occurred or more precisely - that it is wrong to do these things.
Sounds like you have been listening to men for way too long.....as you are starting to sopund like the Pharisees and other antagonists int he Bible.....ignorant of the "subsist" that make up forms.
Maybe a suggestion to read some of Plato's work will help you better understand the physical and the spiritual, the mundane and the estoterical, etc.
Been sitting here trying to recall how Persig commented on that in his Quality - Reason - Logic heirarchy.
Must be tired maybe.

Location hidden

#557534 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
:o)
No. When one travels in a straight line, they are bound to come to an obstacle. Moving 'forward' is the better position to take, as you can always avoid the obstacles you see coming.
OK, now that we can move forward and the straight line idea is out.
Is "forward" generally more linear or circular?

Location hidden

#557535 Aug 28, 2014
truthseeker7 wrote:
<quoted text>
this is absurd. Why would u want to belong to a church (or "church") that doesn't believe in itself?
I have studied Chruch history and the RCC IS the true Church founded by JEsus Christ. Of course, i alreayd "knew" that... but studying makes things more... well, u can then REALLY know it...
You don't want to be outside the Church Christ founded. IT is not perfect due to humans, but JEsus' actual PRESENCE is there in a tangible way 24/7
Seems to me that just knowing about the church and it's history gets you nowhere in spirit. Are you in love with your knowledge concerning the church but not Christ?

How does Jesus manifest Himself in a "tangible way" at your church?

Location hidden

#557536 Aug 28, 2014
"In my opinion anyone who accepts Jesus as the Christ and is doing the best that they can and what they know to do out of a sincere heart....is God's people and shall be saved."
- WHEW-WHEW!! Looks like I again qualified!
I hope to see ya on the other side with me.
<quoted text>
You hope to see me? How gracious of you.
Why do you think one needs to have religion in their life in order to pass through the "gates"?
These people, all labeled as "Atheist", tell quite a different story from your "hope and prayers".
http://www.near-death.com/atheists.html
<quoted text>
Do you want to be part of a prayer experiment? I don't believe praying will help or work.
But we can discern this through an experiment....so what do you say?
<quoted text>
That is right - Self - no religion required.
WHy do you promote the Self - but in another breath - reject that this entity is a key to everything?
<quoted text>
Actually seriously - you will continue doing the things you like to do, and not do the things that would cause you discomfort.....all of which are done by you - and have nothing to do with "God". Sure you can help the needy, and walk the elderly across the street - to show you are kind, but it still doesn't require a religion or a religious belief in order to achieve these things. It does require a strong mind and will of the person to set forth a path and then "do as you say". It is quite simple. Just like "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
You do see the exact sentiment is being said here, right?
I was a little surprised to read a few of those NDE testimonies on that site. Thanks for the link.
When I first saw the link, I was thinking of when an athiest and I were discussing his NDE experience a couple years ago.
He said that there was nothing there. When I asked what he meant by that, he went on to explain that as he "looked around", he saw nothing to report about. He kept insisting that "there was nothing there" and human death was the ultimate end.
It took a few minutes talking with him for him to realize what he had actually reported ... his consciousness while there. He KNEW he was beyond the grave ... and was conscious of it.
As far as I know, that realization changed his life completely because he was totally shocked and a little unhinged at first to realize that he had actually witnessed what he thought, and had preached about not existing ... did exist. His final comment to me was, "I wonder what I could have seen had I really looked.".

Perception. Perecption exists beyond the grave too.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557537 Aug 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are convinced that Billy made a grave error in preaching that Jesus and God could possibly love Muslims HUH???
From my perception, that says a whole lot about your character that is very NASTY!
God loves Billy and Muslims....He gives everyone a chance to be saved. It is up to us what we do with it!

Location hidden

#557538 Aug 28, 2014
Level: Basic; this is five levels about the reading comprehension of oxbore.

• Shabbat is a joyful day of rest
• Shabbat is two commandments: to remember and to observe
• A traditional dish is cholent, slow-cooked stew

For six days you may perform melachah, but the seventh day is a complete Sabbath, holy to the L-RD ... it is an eternal sign that in six days, the L-RD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.-Exodus 31:15-17

The Nature of Shabbat

Shabbat Table: Challah, Wine and Candles The Sabbath (or Shabbat, as it is called in Hebrew) is one of the best known and least understood of all Jewish observances. People who do not observe Shabbat think of it as a day filled with stifling restrictions, or as a day of prayer like the Christian Sabbath. But to those who observe Shabbat, it is a precious gift from G-d, a day of great joy eagerly awaited throughout the week, a time when we can set aside all of our weekday concerns and devote ourselves to higher pursuits. In Jewish literature, poetry and music, Shabbat is described as a bride or queen, as in the popular Shabbat hymn Lecha Dodi Likrat Kallah (come, my beloved, to meet the [Sabbath] bride). It is said "more than Israel has kept Shabbat, Shabbat has kept Israel."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557539 Aug 28, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>God loves Billy and Muslims....He gives everyone a chance to be saved. It is up to us what we do with it!
~~~

You post about Rev BILLY GRAHAM.
but
produce no evidence, to back up your alleged accusation.

It appears that you REJOICE IN iniquity and being a GOSSIP... celebrating his alleged fall and bragging about it in your report.

In actuality.... if what you say were/is true... and you were the real Christian you claim to be

You should be mourning the event, and praying for him..

If Rev Graham has erred.... Your responsibility according to the SCRIPTURE was..is...

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

~~~

The words of Jesus concerning the pending fall of Peter was...

Luk 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may -->sift<---->

[SIFT<--, Defined

1. To separate by a sieve, as the fine part of a substance from the coarse; as, to sift meal; to sift powder; to sift sand or lime.

2. To separate; to part.

3. To examine minutely or critically; to scrutinize. Let the principles of the party be thoroughly sifted. We have sifted your objections.]

you as wheat:

Luk 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#557540 Aug 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent from what....
TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY?
YOUR HOMOSEXUAL PRIEST.... SODOMIZERS, AND IDOLATERS?
IT IS YOUR PERVERTED ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH THAT NEEDS TO REPENT.
YOU ARE THE ONES THAT ARE IN VIOLATION OF GOD'S HOLY WORD,
A
DISHONOR TO HIS CHARACTER , GOVERNMENT, WITH THE FOULEST INGRATITUDE TO HIS INFINITE BENEVOLANCE
Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Luke 13. Acts 3.
Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Act_15:7 And when there had been much disputing,
Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (so called) are the ones
2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
It is the one that needs to show
1. Sorrowful for past conduct or words.
2. be Sorrowful for sin.
3. Expressing or showing sorrow for sin; as repentant tears;
Look at who is calling the "kettle black"....Try cleaning up your own " polluted pot of Protestant of over 42,000 contradicting propaganda denominations which has been (proven) to have " more sexual abuse" than the Catholic Church....At least Jusus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church has been "dealing with the abuse" and punishing those involved, while you bible only's keep "denying, covering up and making excuses" for the sin and corruption that has and is infected your "sin free -goody two shoes" ministers...... People like you Confrinting are nothing but a bunch of indemnity and judgmental bible preaching "hypocrites".....I have dealt with Protestant ministers like you for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant before coming to the REAL TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one)?True Apostolic Catholic Church

#557541 Aug 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I still do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible the KJV....and you cannot provide Scripture that shows I am wrong...
You will not answer my question "What am I doing wrong??" because the only answer "Neither are in Scripture" proves you are trying to change Scripture to make it say what you say it says..
And you say you are "called of God"....what did God call you????
You wrote
I still do not see "Shabat" nor "Shabbat" in my Bible the KJV....and you cannot provide Scripture that shows I am wrong...

I suggest you get your self a Hebrew Bible... and read it...

That shouldn't be to hard ...for a brilliant individual such as your self

Oh. yes......" no charge for the advice."..glad I could help ....lol

Let's Play

#557542 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
You post about Rev BILLY GRAHAM.
but
produce no evidence, to back up your alleged accusation.
It appears that you REJOICE IN iniquity and being a GOSSIP... celebrating his alleged fall and bragging about it in your report.
In actuality.... if what you say were/is true... and you were the real Christian you claim to be
You should be mourning the event, and praying for him..
If Rev Graham has erred.... Your responsibility according to the SCRIPTURE was..is...
Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
~~~
The words of Jesus concerning the pending fall of Peter was...
Luk 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may -->sift<---->
[SIFT<--, Defined
1. To separate by a sieve, as the fine part of a substance from the coarse; as, to sift meal; to sift powder; to sift sand or lime.
2. To separate; to part.
3. To examine minutely or critically; to scrutinize. Let the principles of the party be thoroughly sifted. We have sifted your objections.]
you as wheat:
Luk 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
This is the last time that I am going to even reply about Billy Graham. I do pray for him and everyone just like Luke 22:32 said to do. Where have I said I hope Billy goes to hell....no where that I know of because I do not want to see him or anyone else go to hell. But that is their own choice.

Billy can not preach falsely and mislead others......Yeah, he should love everyone but he also has to be true to Jesus.....He can't say just because everyone is believing in something they are going to make it to heaven.....They don't even have to know Jesus....he and God don't care about that.....cause Jesus is in them weather they want him there or not......They might not know that he is dwelling with them but he is?????? Is that not a lie according to the Bible, and who is the father of lies???

Really now, though, what Bible was he reading from.....I mean you call yourself wise, but you are nit picking at me, but willing to let such an offence as Billy Graham made in saying that it don't matter if you believe in Jesus or not you can still make it to heaven without him and his blood because he don't care if you accept him or not....he is still gonna come in and dwell with you anyhow, Seriously.

I am not gossiping about him everyone that listened to him heard exactly what he said. In my opinion he got lifted up in himself and was a two face. He preached falsely just to make friends of other men.

And if the blind lead the blind, where do they all end up, according to the Bible?

I am done with this subject. I have said my peace and washed my hands of it by using God's word which is what we learn in the Bible to refute it.

Let's Play

#557543 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
You wrote
I suggest you get your self a Hebrew Bible... and read it...
That shouldn't be to hard ...for a brilliant individual such as your self
Oh. yes......" no charge for the advice."..glad I could help ....lol
So do you think we all need to learn the Hebrew Language, now. Why are you arguing over minute things like that......We should read the Bible and do as it says......

Does the Hebrew Bible say to not judge anybody whom you "confrinting" chooses, but judge every body else. I don't think so.

#557544 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text> This is the last time that I am going to even reply about Billy Graham. I do pray for him and everyone just like Luke 22:32 said to do. Where have I said I hope Billy goes to hell....no where that I know of because I do not want to see him or anyone else go to hell. But that is their own choice.
Billy can not preach falsely and mislead others......Yeah, he should love everyone but he also has to be true to Jesus.....He can't say just because everyone is believing in something they are going to make it to heaven.....They don't even have to know Jesus....he and God don't care about that.....cause Jesus is in them weather they want him there or not......They might not know that he is dwelling with them but he is?????? Is that not a lie according to the Bible, and who is the father of lies???
Really now, though, what Bible was he reading from.....I mean you call yourself wise, but you are nit picking at me, but willing to let such an offence as Billy Graham made in saying that it don't matter if you believe in Jesus or not you can still make it to heaven without him and his blood because he don't care if you accept him or not....he is still gonna come in and dwell with you anyhow, Seriously.
I am not gossiping about him everyone that listened to him heard exactly what he said. In my opinion he got lifted up in himself and was a two face. He preached falsely just to make friends of other men.
And if the blind lead the blind, where do they all end up, according to the Bible?
I am done with this subject. I have said my peace and washed my hands of it by using God's word which is what we learn in the Bible to refute it.
~~~
You should not have broached the subject to start with.

but since
you have spent so much time (here in this forum) shaking the pillowcase of the feathers of gossip to the wind..

.May I suggest you go retrieve them....and put them back where they once were...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557545 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
I have been trying to get the above message across to you for almost seven years...
You are more accountable for your lies because you here admit the truth about your religion....
You promise nothing ..
.No everlasting life
in return
for those you have deceived into involving themselves in your fruitless unscriptural...
calisthenics rituals, multiple inventions and empty religious innuendos.
Your claim to fame IS ... "I think thoughts that are aligned to the holy God ... and you out there think thoughts that are aligned to the evil devil."

Let's Play

#557546 Aug 28, 2014
Galatians 1
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Quoted from the Word of God......The Holy Bible!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557547 Aug 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you are certain you have called on by the holy God to preach universal truth, and that others have been deceived by the devil to preach lies.

Otherwise what good would your scriptures BE to you and your energized ego?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#557548 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
but since
you have spent so much time (here in this forum) shaking the pillowcase of the feathers of gossip to the wind..
.May I suggest you go retrieve them....and put them back where they once were...
GIF,

Let it go.....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557549 Aug 28, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "forward" generally more linear or circular?
Hahahahahahaha

Now "from my perception" THAT is funny.

And if you notice, I didn't say ... from my "humble" perception ...'cause that also would be a lie.

Let's Play

#557550 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
but since
May I suggest that you read the Word of God....It has not changed....It is still a straight and narrow way....and you better not be applauding the sinful, and agreeing to a false doctrine especially if they are misleading others....lest haply ye find yourself fighting against God himself. God don't lie and he don't follow after a lie.....not for me or anyone else. If I or anyone else are sinning and misleading his people, you better believe he is gonna call me and anyone else out so that all will know. He does not want his sheep mislead.

Location hidden

#557551 Aug 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
Level: Basic; this is five levels about the reading comprehension of oxbore.
• Shabbat is a joyful day of rest
• Shabbat is two commandments: to remember and to observe
• A traditional dish is cholent, slow-cooked stew
For six days you may perform melachah, but the seventh day is a complete Sabbath, holy to the L-RD ... it is an eternal sign that in six days, the L-RD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.-Exodus 31:15-17
The Nature of Shabbat
Shabbat Table: Challah, Wine and Candles The Sabbath (or Shabbat, as it is called in Hebrew) is one of the best known and least understood of all Jewish observances. People who do not observe Shabbat think of it as a day filled with stifling restrictions, or as a day of prayer like the Christian Sabbath. But to those who observe Shabbat, it is a precious gift from G-d, a day of great joy eagerly awaited throughout the week, a time when we can set aside all of our weekday concerns and devote ourselves to higher pursuits. In Jewish literature, poetry and music, Shabbat is described as a bride or queen, as in the popular Shabbat hymn Lecha Dodi Likrat Kallah (come, my beloved, to meet the [Sabbath] bride). It is said "more than Israel has kept Shabbat, Shabbat has kept Israel."
That wipes not away the egg on your face...

You will not answer my question "What am I doing wrong??" because the only answer "Neither are in Scripture" proves you are trying to change Scripture to make it say what you say it says..

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557552 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>God loves Billy and Muslims....He gives everyone a chance to be saved. It is up to us what we do with it!
But according to all thought-filled Christians ... with the exception of Billy Graham and a few modern re-thinkers ... God won't allow Muslims in heaven unless they first convert to the thought that Jesus is the only universal savior. And that also means that those who side with Muslims are heretics against the HOLY God and won't be allowed in heaven.

So that's IT for Billy Graham. For being a wayward heretic he will have to spend eternity in hell.

It was written by one or another so-called Christian ... so it just HAS to be TRUE ... don't you agree???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Tellthetruth 992,263
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Bongo 52,709
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 31 min Holy Pipek 39
shuh up meathead! 56 min Laughing Out Loud... 2
Trump Is Playing Mr. Grinch with Renewable Energy 1 hr Poster Child for ... 18
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 1 hr austin5410 31
Poll Have you ever secretly sniffed a woman's panties (Apr '09) 2 hr alexro 31
More from around the web