Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653701 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#557405 Aug 27, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I SHOOK YOUR TREE TO SEE IF YOU WERE FOR REAL..AND TO OBSERVE WHAT FRUITS WOULD FALL FROM IT.. It was a test of your real Test-i-money..
Question ...DID YOU PASS?
JUDGE YOURSELF..BEFORE YOU JUDGE OTHERS..
1Co_11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
What authority do you have to shake anyone's tree and judge them? Why are you not, especially so near the end of your life, looking at yourself and pleading God's mercy for your own soul?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557406 Aug 27, 2014
The difference to many humans seems to be that the word Creator chose to create all animals and plants and planets, et-cetera ... while the word God infers that the God created ONLY human-animals to either choose to love or reject.

Creator ... acceptance of creator's whole creation

God ... acceptance of only those in our group of religious devotees.

Prince George, Canada

#557407 Aug 27, 2014
For instance ... those in religion would never believe that a creator would reject a squirrel that the creator created ... yet those in religion are willing and EAGER to believe that a GOD would reject a human that placed faith in the wrong religion.

Prince George, Canada

#557408 Aug 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL perceptions are valid at least to the holder of the perception.
Without proof, perception is simply hot air.

By the way, you didn't answer my question.

Have you heard any "new" information as of late from your "spiritual" SOURCE???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#557409 Aug 27, 2014
To claim to know the future is based on perception.

The proof will occur when our physical bodies die.

Only then will we know for a fact that awareness continues. If we aren't aware, we won't BE aware.

That will be the TRUE story.

Your perceptions means nothing to me ... because you have no way of proving that you know the future ... period!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#557410 Aug 27, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Not buying that at all. You judged me and are still doing so. But what are you judging me for; speaking the truth, or loving others and hoping they get saved and all make it to heaven.......I have never stated that I am past sinning or that I hold the key. I take the word of God and judge myself with it daily. I don't try and mislead people, and I don't sugar coat it. If we do not have the love of God we are not his and we do not have anything. I am not puffed up like some and do not think that I am better than anyone. I am just a sinner saved by grace and I am trying my best to learn of the will of God and continue in his works in hopes that I may be saved in the end.
However, you might think about trying your own advice there.
Not only does confrint refuse his own advice, he ignores his wife's ( a nice Christian lady, btw) advice. Don't be offended by that grouchy old hypocrite, he has no authority and he does not speak for God.

Prince George, Canada

#557411 Aug 27, 2014
Atheists killed those in religion, and those in religion killed Atheists.

Were the ones in religion that killed Atheists HOLY ... and the Atheists that killed those in religion ... EVIL???

I suggest there is no such thing as killing by a HOLY will.

Prince George, Canada

#557412 Aug 27, 2014
To say that a person is evil is an eradication of having to think about it.

Author unknown

Prince George, Canada

#557414 Aug 27, 2014
Were the popes and those such as Martin Luther EVIL when they ordered the killing of those they labeled as heretics and witches???

I don't think they were evil.

My perception is, they honestly believed that they were following the will of Jesus Christ and God.

They couldn't do any better because they didn't "know" any better.

Prince George, Canada

#557415 Aug 27, 2014
"Look at those nasty evil people over there, serving the devil."

"WHERE???"

"OVER THERE! ARE YOU "BLIND???"

"I just see people over there."

"YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LEARN. HERE ... I will give you a Bible so you can spot evil when you see it."

"No thanks! I don't want to believe that others are evil, as that might tempt me to believe that I am holy
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I wrote the following scenario on the thread “Religion is all mythical bunk … on October 7, 2013
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#557416 Aug 27, 2014
Oh yeah I forgot charity does not believe in a lie and is not fooled by a lie. Billy Graham is known by his fruits....just like I am and anyone else who claims to be of God.
Billy Graham is a false teacher who teaches a false doctrine.....

He teaches the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved.....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557417 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>You have prejudged and misjudged me.....so I am asking what is your problem with me....what in your mind is my real Test-i-money.....
Here is my opinion.....you read a line of what I wrote and did not understand it......then went off all half-cocked and began judging me saying all manner of lies about what I said. But instead of admitting fault .....you continue to judge. Wow, so do you think God is pleased with that.
If I had done the same thing to you....and misunderstood what you posted....I would have apologized. But not you.... no you still continue to blame me.....it is easier that way I guess. G
But I will do what God wants and tell you that I still love you and if I have wronged you in anyway I truly apologize.
You have done me no wrong....As I said I tested your test-i-money.......Others come and go on this forum and I wanted to see if your love was discriminatory or if you were for real.

I read some of your post until you made your statement about Rev Billy Graham...I just wondered if you were capable of being his judge.

While I am not Baptist ....and might not agree with all he believes....I do not count him to be
a false prophet...NO DO I SAY HE IS PERFECT.... BUT... I have observed Him for many years,(since the beginning of his Ministry) have seen the fruits of his labor.....His salvation message , and there are few Evangelistic ministries ,that can match the integrity of his evangelistic organization

FROM MY OBSERVATION he never preached HIS denomination HE PREACHED JESUS CHRIST......AND HIM CRUCIFIED...

UNTIL I HAVE WON AS MANY SOULS AS HE HAS...I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY AGAINST HIM

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557418 Aug 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only does confrint refuse his own advice, he ignores his wife's ( a nice Christian lady, btw) advice. Don't be offended by that grouchy old hypocrite, he has no authority and he does not speak for God.
Thanks for your kindness.....I'm not offended......but just trying to figure out what the deal was.....I said I loved everyone and wished everyone would make it to heaven....and he got all over me and even said he shook my tree to try me......I mean that is odd. I don't think I said anything wrong, but why would he have wanted to try and set me up to sin....That don't make any sense to me......

I mean if I went up to a married man and seduced him and asked him out to see if he would take the bait......Could I say that I was just shaking his tree to see if his fruits was good or bad....I mean really....Don't the Bible say use wisdom with judgment and don't it also say be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath.

Anyhow, once Again Thanks.

Let's Play

#557419 Aug 27, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You have done me no wrong....As I said I tested your test-i-money.......Others come and go on this forum and I wanted to see if your love was discriminatory or if you were for real.
I read some of your post until you made your statement about Rev Billy Graham...I just wondered if you were capable of being his judge.
While I am not Baptist ....and might not agree with all he believes....I do not count him to be
a false prophet...NO DO I SAY HE IS PERFECT.... BUT... I have observed Him for many years,(since the beginning of his Ministry) have seen the fruits of his labor.....His salvation message , and there are few Evangelistic ministries ,that can match the integrity of his evangelistic organization
FROM MY OBSERVATION he never preached HIS denomination HE PREACHED JESUS CHRIST......AND HIM CRUCIFIED...
UNTIL I HAVE WON AS MANY SOULS AS HE HAS...I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY AGAINST HIM
Wow is all I can say to that. I never said I hated him or that I didn't love him. I do love him, but I ain't gonna lie and say that he is bearing good fruits. Ye shall know them by their fruits. That is the Bible and I won't back off of it. But as far as hoping he makes it to heaven. I hope he gets repentance and does. I love everyone even though I may not agree with them.

Let's Play

#557420 Aug 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is also evident by his works......

Prince George, Canada

#557421 Aug 27, 2014
<I said I loved everyone
According to your Christian dogma ... if your thoughts are aligned to the thought-process of Jesus' spirit, you are not supposed to love those who refuse to believe that Jesus is their savior, as that would mean that you are siding with evil heretics.

Because you have indulged your self in the teachings of the Christian religion ... you are in a no-win position.

It was being at war with self's own conscience that drove many humans in religions to suicide, in the attitudes "I'm damned no matter which way I believe."

Prince George, Canada

#557422 Aug 27, 2014
I don't pretend to know the meaning of the word love ... so I keep searching for new meaning.

I know one thing ... and that is that I don't believe in labeling others as EVIL, as that would definitely get me into a lot of trouble with my own conscience.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557423 Aug 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

WHILE I DO NOT BELIEVE IN OSAS....i WONT GO AS FAR... AS YOU HAVE TO

CALL ALL THOSE THAT DO ...TEACHERS OF FALSE DOCTRINE...

I NEVER HEARD REV GRAHAM PREACH OSAS...NOR DO I EVER REMEMBER HEARING HIM

DIRECT ANY ONE SPECIFICALLY TO A BAPTIST CHURCH . CORRECT ME IF i AM WRONG..BUT

IF I REMEMBER ...CORRECTLY .......HE TOLD HIS CONVERTS TO FIND A CHURCH OF THEIR

CHOICE AND ATTEND IT...

Prince George, Canada

#557424 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>And that is also evident by his works......
If you believe that "God" could change his mind about saving Billy Graham as being worthy of utopian bliss ... then surely to be fair, you should believe that the same "God" could choose to change his mind about YOU being worthy of Utopian bliss.

Wouldn't that be FAIR of you to judge the issue from that perspective?

Prince George, Canada

#557425 Aug 27, 2014
Jesus ... "Dad, why are you choosing to reject Billy Grahams' soul to hell when he passes over? After all he has complete faith that I will save him."

God ... "Now son ... you know that Muslims are not welcome in Protestant heaven, and therefore that Billy is teaching a false doctrine. He is siding with heretics and we can't allow any heresy in our perfect kingdom."

Jesus ... "Oh yes ... of course you are right dad. My bad! I apologize."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 18 min thetruth 9,362
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min Steve III 45,229
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min Steve III 618,754
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Thinking 63,446
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 106,479
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr karl44 973,685
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr ImFree2Choose 2,569
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web