Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,262
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
truth

Perth, Australia

#557056 Aug 26, 2014
http://biblelight.net/Souls-under-altar.htm
paul saul why you prosecuted me

o well they will prosecuted anyone if they could
Are you for sure I am wrong?
no
I am not wrong!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#557057 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston....not you but some on here are confused about those who believe in eternal security. I don't believe it because since I'm saved I can live however I want. I believe it because I'm a sinner and Christ's sacrifice and God's grace is enough to keep me saved.
This whole idea about folks that believe in eternal security can live however they want is non-sense.
Chuck,

Do you believe that a Christian can walk away from their FIRST LOVE???
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#557058 Aug 26, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
Galatians 5
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
Paul speaks of people who have fallen from grace and asks who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth.
He goes on in that chapter to speak about liberty and not to use it as an occasion to the flesh.
I agree. Paul makes it clear, anyone can "fall away".

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame
truth

Perth, Australia

#557059 Aug 26, 2014
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/... ;
door become open by-themselves
its bring me front of white altar
then pool me after white altar I find myself in white pure dress so happy
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#557060 Aug 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck,
Do you believe that a Christian can walk away from their FIRST LOVE???
Hank, if they do what does this passage mean?

John 8:31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him,“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,

**so if they walk away from their first love, were they truly disciples?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#557061 Aug 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you once, but maybe you will answer this time.
Do you believe that for placing faith in the dogma that other souls deserve eternal hell ... that YOU "deserve" to be rewarded with heaven???
June I choose,not to keep going in circles,over your misguided ideas, there fore I answer you rarely .

One more,time,No.
MY going to heaven has NOTHING to do with anyone else's, faith or lack of it. Or my posts,on this,forum.
It's,not a brownie,point system ...if I go someone else,doesn't , as you keep saying I believe..I DON'T ..DO you even read,answers June

God,has,a,home. He chooses to share it with people,who love HIM rather than those,who deny or hate Him.(As,would you if you choose,to have company)

He OFFERS all entrance through grace giving us,Faith. If we have Faith we,love Him , therefore,He desires our company ...ITS HIS HOUSE.

I ON MY OWN DO NIT DESERVE ANY LOVE OR MERCY FROM HIM ....any more than you do or anyone else ..HIS SIN DIED SO WE MAY LIVE .

There is a DOOR offered to you ...KNOCK ...your eventual home has nothing to do with ANYONE except you and the LORD . Knock June, He's there

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557062 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, if they do what does this passage mean?
John 8:31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him,“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,
**so if they walk away from their first love, were they truly disciples?
You just answered it with the word of God for yourself It says....***IF**** you abide in my word.....IF is conditional isn't it?

Let's Play

#557063 Aug 26, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame
Amen to Word of God.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#557064 Aug 26, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
been there done that...

Enlightened is not Regenerated
Tasted is temporary
Holy Spirit is used to draw sinners even if they reject it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#557065 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text> You just answered it with the word of God for yourself It says....***IF**** you abide in my word.....IF is conditional isn't it?
If you don't abide, you were never truly disciples. You don't see that???

Those who are truly Christ's disciples will abide in His Word..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#557066 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>Amen to Word of God.
So if a Christian losing salvation, according to v6 they cannot come back...you agree?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557067 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>Here is what Jesus says about the scribes and Pharisees
Christian "theologians" who otherwise would have been known as Jewish scribes ... vilified everything Jewish. They tainted the words scribes and Pharisees to make followers believe that "Jesus" also vilified the scribes and the Pharisees.

But had Jesus lived, he would have BEEN a scribe. And had he been faithful to Judaism ... which would have been the case ... HE would have been a PHARISEE!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Jewish Virtual Library

Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes
By Mitchell G. Bard

The Pharisees

The most important of the three were the Pharisees because they are the spiritual fathers of modern Judaism.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H ...

Let's Play

#557068 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't abide, you were never truly disciples. You don't see that???
Those who are truly Christ's disciples will abide in His Word..
No, because he said if you abide in my words.....to me that means you must have at once been in his words to be able to continue or abide in his words.......That my opinion anyhow.....
truth

Perth, Australia

#557069 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#557070 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>No, because he said if you abide in my words.....to me that means you must have at once been in his words to be able to continue or abide in his words.......That my opinion anyhow.....
How bout this.

Jesus said, "true disciples abide in my word".

Let's Play

#557071 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a Christian losing salvation, according to v6 they cannot come back...you agree?
I don't know I would have to read it v6 of what Book and Chapter?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557072 Aug 26, 2014
<So I believe God does continue to talk us and that it has not been a long time since he has spoken to man. He talks to each of us daily if we are saved and listen to his voice.
So you believe that a god is speaking to you HUH???

That's a dangerous trend.

The Muslims believe that God speaks to them when they blow other humans, their selves and buildings sky high with bombs.

Of course George Bush also believed he was supported by God to attack Iraq.

And his Protestant father believed he was righteous when HE stated that Atheists are not citizens simply because Atheists aren't of his religion.

Those who are driven by ego, who in turn believe that gods are on their side ... are armed ... as they shoot from their heads with their religious literature.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#557073 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus instructed the twelve disciples to go out to heal the sick and cast out demons, was Judas apart of the twelve?
Chuck,

Wasn't Judas as much a disciple as the other apostles???

Wasn't Judas as zealous as any of the other apostles???

Remember, Judas was chosen by Jesus.....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#557074 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>I don't know I would have to read it v6 of what Book and Chapter?
the same post you said amen to the word of God about falling away
truth

Perth, Australia

#557075 Aug 26, 2014
holy spirit can't be liar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 817,921
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min AN NFL FAN 121,453
Most incredible Mystery of all-time: an Eternal... 14 min Doctor REALITY 6
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 14 min Atheists Need Lies 69,899
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Seentheotherside 609,900
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 23 min Atheists Need Lies 2,006
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min His Hollines dr S... 39,972
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 98,011
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 270,169
More from around the web