Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589982 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#556997 Aug 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy. DS, don't even bother. This guy is not willing to understand.
Ya think? lol Remember this is the idiot who had numerous sources to prove Catholics were killing Christians and Jews in the first century and then posted a link refuting himself. Pure Genius that one. I think I would have to buy a computer the size of a football field to store all the crap protestants spew in here. I think he may be fighting with guest for leader of the compound, but then again only chuckles knows if he's really saved or some other infallible protestant in here because the bible says so.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#556998 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually her reply saying it's none of my business told me she does but thanks.
Maybe you should stop running your cake hole and find those posts. Some folks may think your lying and then you'll have to go see your priest for confession.
Awww poor chuckles I have better things to do then wade through thousands of pages of nonsense posted by Geniuses like you. lol On track is that there are Once Saved Always Savers who have argued this. If you wish to live in your delusional world and pretend that everyone views this doctrine the same or that it is not a novely to Christendom then close your eyes and stomp your feet and whine and cry like the baby you are. I just pointed out the facts. If you don't like them it's not my problem. Take it up with the other Protestants after all you are the final authority on everything bible. Make sure you call your parents and give them some of your cakehole talk. Cakehole (Your word) is something you use when you get saved right? Wow, thanks for spreading the news. ;0

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556999 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to read the Primer of the NT. john 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
and if His love is not in unsaved people, YOU don't have a chance.
that verse is the Clearest indication that a person can just up and walk away from God, you can rage all that you want, but it is clear as clear can be.
NO PERSON IS GOING TO ENDURE ALL THAT THEY ENDEARED AND NOT LOVE THE LORD. going back several years, Paul wouldn't take john mark with them because he didn't trust him, yet demas was with him constantly,. I understand that fully, and I am not surprised that it is over your head.
You are denying the truth in the words of Christ!!!!

Christ said: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him....

The love of the Father is in saved people...it is not in unsaved ones...Demas was not saved..he loved the present world..

Location hidden

#557000 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Judas was a preacher, participated in the miracles of the apostles, and fully engaged in the ministry. We don't have to see the words fellow worker to know Judas was.
The Judas Church
by Pastor Christopher McMichael
posted on March 10th, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Excerpts:
The life of Judas will show us a pattern of what it looks like to go from anointed disciple and minister of Jesus Christ to antichrist-spirit-filled traitor and son of perdition.

These prophecies reveal many things about the Lord’s traitor:(1) he would be a close friend,(2) they would serve God together,(3) he would eat at the Lord’s table,

He was way yonder past being a simple "fellow worker"....

Location hidden

#557001 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston....not you but some on here are confused about those who believe in eternal security. I don't believe it because since I'm saved I can live however I want. I believe it because I'm a sinner and Christ's sacrifice and God's grace is enough to keep me saved.
This whole idea about folks that believe in eternal security can live however they want is non-sense.
I do not believe in OSAS...I know it because God's Word says so:

Quote:
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)

Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was, it wasn't everlasting.

Gospel truth....from Scripture....
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#557002 Aug 25, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya think? lol Remember this is the idiot who had numerous sources to prove Catholics were killing Christians and Jews in the first century and then posted a link refuting himself. Pure Genius that one. I think I would have to buy a computer the size of a football field to store all the crap protestants spew in here. I think he may be fighting with guest for leader of the compound, but then again only chuckles knows if he's really saved or some other infallible protestant in here because the bible says so.
The crap you spew is somehow better?People like you cause others to reply like they do. I told you I should have said the RCC was killing christians and Jews in the fourth century, what else do you want. That you can't lie you're way out of. Your It's hard to err when you're dealing with such self righteous, judgemental catholics. Bottom line, you still couldn't answer the question.

You should worry less about some compound your imagination came up with and deal with you're love of a pagan cult. Everything in this scripture fits your church, and obviously the cup.

Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...

Lactantius (died A.D. 310): "It is the Catholic Church alone which retains true worship. This is the fountain of truth, this is the abode of the Faith, this is the temple of God; into which if anyone shall not enter, or from which if anyone shall go out, he is a stranger to the hope of life and eternal salvation." (The Divine Institutes)

Location hidden

#557003 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, being told to do something and then doing it are two different things, which is why this thread was started about conditional and unconditional.
John made it plain that judas was a thief. can God use a thief in the Ministry?
Why not??? God used a murderer to free His people from slavery...and to lead them for 40 years in the wilderness....He used a man that relished persecuting members of the Christian church...his name was Saul...later changed to Paul. He used a man who denied three times even knowing His Son...his name was Peter....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#557004 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not??? God used a murderer to free His people from slavery...and to lead them for 40 years in the wilderness....He used a man that relished persecuting members of the Christian church...his name was Saul...later changed to Paul. He used a man who denied three times even knowing His Son...his name was Peter....
He also used a lying spirit to deceive a man so that he could die.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#557005 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the wacky theology, Jesus died specifically to pay the debt of sin of those who believe in him ... so why is there still a debt???
There is not still a debt, that is the point I'm trying to make with my so-called brothers and sisters. If you get Saved it means forever, period.
I always thought I was going to die young June, Now I've been pardoned by God through Jesus and will be with Him forever. You can have the same thing, Ask God for Faith and believe He really sent Jesus to die for all your sins. You will love Him June, like you loved no human. Blessings

Location hidden

#557006 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that as a yes....
And you are hurting the gospel of christ. You are part of the reason there are atheists.
You confess Jesus as Lord and you deny Him with your lifestyle.
You only have to answer to your husband????!!!! Do what???!!!!
I'm glad my wife would never say something that stupid. She knows who she answers to.
What about wine and those who drink it??? Are they hurting the gospel??
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#557007 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Going to bed....
Buckeyes still go 9-3 without Miller.
Go Huskers!
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#557008 Aug 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The crap you spew is somehow better?People like you cause others to reply like they do
Snipped for massive amounts of rubbish. First off I have you were given answers in a respectful way, but you chose to come out swinging as I told you with your eyes closed swinging both arms trying to hit something. Your little spit balls. First off Catholics are Christians and the church was called Catholic. We didnt choose the name Catholic it was the Universal church. You do not know anything about history so stop pretending you do. The bible isn't a history book. The bible does not spell out every detail. The bible has to be read with understanding and in the context as well as the times. Every word is not to be taken literally nor can one apply todays understanding of words used as they were then in the language they were in. The bible doesnt say this is the bible. The bible doesnt have an index of books. The bible doesnt say specifically who wrote the gospels. The bible doesnt say Protestants could remove entire books from the OT because it doesnt fit your theology. The bible doesnt name the Catholic church as the whore of Babylon. We could spend days going through verses and utterly debunking many Protestant myths on it. You cant even bother to read a link on it being anything other than the church. Havent you heard not all Protestants believe what you do? You want to force feed it as the Catholic church your choice. The bible doesnt specifically say where all the Apostles went, what they did or said. There were many books which were deemed spurrious by the church and they were not the ones you call Apocryphal. The bible says they went out from us. You cant go out from todays Protestant world you can just find a church and say I believe in Jesus and POOF your saved depending on the Protestant. The only thing you all share is a demand that you all have authority to interpret individually and the church is wrong while you cast each other into hell. Its mayhem and its absurd. Not everyone has the truth. So when Paul gives a man over to Satan that he might be saved in Protestant world God just led him there. He should perhaps have started his own church, but of course if you were there then you could invidividually judge him with your multiple truth system of chaous and confusion. You must accept the authority of the church to even have the scripture lest you believe it fell out of the sky. Try reading some credible historians not your comic books or cult pamphlets filled with nonsense. You didnt bother to respond to good answers in the past you just throw out your next pile. Book chapter verse show me in scripture. Get real all the Protestants do it to each other. Everybody is inspired unless of course you decide they arent because the bible says each individual is an authority and speicifically says the bible alone with the books you deem acceptable and your interpretation is the real deal. The church is the ground and the Pillar of the truth and each person is the church. Everyone has the keys. There are no unlearned and unstable wresting the word unto their destruction peter was wrong. The bible teaches individuality and anarchy. Its all GOOD!
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#557009 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe in OSAS...I know it because God's Word says so:
Quote:
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was, it wasn't everlasting.
Gospel truth....from Scripture....
yep

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#557010 Aug 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah I don't think I would take it that far. The fact that I debunked the 'Bible expert' elders and the 150 yr old JW's in about 40 min is not a reflection of my crafty debating skills.(I don't really have any that are my own doing anyway) Its because THEY couldn't debunk Catholicism. It doesnt take much for someone who half way knows their Catholic faith. You say the story didnt happen. No Michael, it did happen and itll happen again before summers over. Thier teenage apprentices eyes were opened no doubt. That annoys you!
As for your story about an old JW fella at your door is b.s.. you made it up to look like you were the better man for small talking with this one visitor.
The last time they showed up here I told them I was a born again Christian..that was years ago .
I also said thanks but I don't want your literature.

I guess they believe they should do this...a,lady I know,let them in for bible study supposedly . I suggested they don't study the way her church teaches .
truth

Perth, Australia

#557011 Aug 25, 2014
paul saul have blessing from whom in damascus
are you for sure satanic blessing is holy
no
then who are you with your divine explanation

did stalin killed catholic as well others christans
if not then you are one of atheist

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#557012 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do. I posted the scripture.
Sorry, I don't read that Demas never again spoke the gospel, nor repented leaving Paul .Paul wrote what was true at the time he wrote the letter ...I agree Demas left .does loved the world mean he lived a,sinful life or was weak and afraid for his,life???

I leave that allows up to God to judge .

Had Judas not killed himself, could he have repented and been forgiven.
Scholars are not even sure exactly why he betrayed Jesus ..we DO know he did ..was it for money
Or a desire for Jesus to overthrow Rome as many Jews believed Messiah would do .
He SHOULD have known better as,a follower of the Lord.
Obviously he cut himself odd from Amy chance at repenting, yet history discuss shows he did hate what he did ...

I'm just saying we cannot JUDGE the soul of another .....and Don't know what happened to Demas and the others after they left Paul ....the question is not ours but belongs to Jesus .

I'd hate to be judged by what someone wrote about me at age 20, 25 ,30 , and Paul did not live forever ...
maybe the Holy Spirit pursued this man because he DID believe ...was saved ??

Just a thought . BLESSINGS,
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#557014 Aug 26, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me how I can read and study the scriptures then understand the RCC? All I ask is show me in scripture.
First try and understand what "RCC" means..

"the term 'Roman Catholic' is not used by the Church itself; it is a relatively modern term and moreover, largely confined to the English language"

www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.htm

True, if you went to the middle east or Africa and kept saying "Roman Roman Roman, RC RC, you'd have people scratching their heads because there are 22 Catholic Churches in those regions not called "Roman".. In this country we have more than just "Roman Catholics" now, but that wasn't the case a 125 yrs ago when the Baltimore catechism addressed the Latin rite 'Roman Catholics'.(this still causes confusion for certain posters)

Next, go to Catholic sources to find out what we teach and how it relates to Scripture. You'd be surprised at how Catholicism is entwined with the Bible. Don't bother with some insecure Pastors spin on our teachings. We have a catechism that is clear and is also available online..

www.chnetwork.org/media/deep-in-scripture

www.catholic.com

God bless.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557015 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are denying the truth in the words of Christ!!!!
Christ said: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him....
It's this type of stupidity that caused people to jump off cliffs and find other ways of ending life in their physical bodies. Some went to such extremes, they believed any bodily comfort was perceived as wrongful LUST, and that lust being sinful was evil according to the "God."

OCD ... Obsessive Christian Disorder.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In religion

Religions, especially Christianity, separate the definition of passion and lust by further categorizing lust as an inappropriate desire or a desire that is inappropriately strong, therefore being morally wrong. While passion for proper purposes is maintained as something God given and moral.

Prince George, Canada

#557016 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe in OSAS...
So that means if you commit even one new sin without having time to beg forgiveness from Jesus, he could choose to take away your salvation ... even though you believe that he already died FOR your sins.

No wonder you are a nervous wreck of constant preaching. You are on a treadmill of trying to convince your self that YOU will be among the saved.

Religion is a sickness that can't BE cured without self-therapy.

Prayer certainly won't help either, as prayer is also a compulsive religious disorder. "Please forgive me father, for I have sinned."

Terrible indoctrinations!

Prince George, Canada

#557017 Aug 26, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not still a debt, that is the point I'm trying to make with my so-called brothers and sisters. If you get Saved it means forever, period.
So that means that you can break all the commandments and Jesus and God will still choose to save you for heaven ... RIGHT???

Religion contradicts itself at every turn of the biblical pages. That's why it drove so many devotees insane.

A woman, whose immediate family faithfully attends church, told her young daughter the following,“Your grandparents were very intelligent people. They chose to belong to a religion where, once saved, always saved! Now that is the best insurance policy a person can have.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min truth 612,171
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 838,117
Free ATM Placements - New ATM Machine For Sale ... 5 min brandythompson 1
The Racism List: For Adult Actresses and Adult ... 15 min Humhainna 2
NBA Robert - Horry Greeted Curry 26 min carolinechen 1
Never trust an American woman; they are all lia... (Jul '08) 30 min UnderstandPeople 127
Passengers in the Motorcycle Dating Sites 1 hr wendysmith0515 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lost In Transition 176,904
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 271,325
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Jac 99,835
More from around the web