Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685540 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#557280 Aug 26, 2014
painfully little reform in the RCC.

https://www.change.org/p/pope-francis-call-fo...

final paragraph:

“It shows that even though the church hierarchy has dealt with this privately for centuries and publicly for decades, and even though all of America’s bishops pledged more than 12 years ago that they were going to reform,” Mr. Clohessy said,“this is a painful reminder that, in fact, there’s been painfully little reform.”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#557281 Aug 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And according to your knowledge of the gospel Jesus must've been hurting the gospel when He turned 5 jars of water into wine at the Cana wedding and as He shared wine at the last supper.
Amen...I owe you one..

Location hidden

#557282 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked my opinion about how drinking can hurt the gospel , I gave it and now he wants to discuss wine.
Is OXbore the one who said Jesus is not God?
No....God said it...I just repeated what He said...example: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Location hidden

#557283 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
take this link with a grain of salt. he is ok on some and out in right field with others. he actually calls Jesus an Apostle.http://www.learnthebib le.org/apostles-today.html
Special Qualifications: The qualifications of the apostles are given in Acts 1:21-22
. They must have been with Jesus during His earthly ministry (v.21), been baptized by John the Baptist (v.22), and been eyewitnesses of the resurrected Christ (v.22).
Paul was given an exemption on the first requirements but greatly emphasized his having been an eyewitness of the resurrected Christ –“And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time”(1Corinthians 15:8
). But Paul admitted to being the least of the apostles in qualifications (1Corinthians 15:9
). What does this say about those who claim to be apostles without any of the qualifications or signs of an apostle?
first ;when paul says "he is the least" this is Paul being Modest, but this guy is like oxbore, it is going straight over his head and not colliding with his brain.
second; James the brother of Jesus is called an Apostle, yet he didn't walk with Jesus, nor was he Baptized by John
third; verse 22 is a correct description of what an Apostle is. this person must have seen the resurrected Christ, either soon after He was resurrected or even today. makes no difference, and that person will have been chosen by the Lord for the Calling in his life.
the Mormon church has no Godly apostles, they are a cult and have nothing to do with God. their god is satan
Arguing with a mirror is not going to be very productive...let me know it says!!!!
marge

Des Moines, IA

#557285 Aug 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Chuck, you got saves and Catholics are unsaved pagans....We're all really impressed with your opinion.
Now that you're "saved" and presumably know the gospel, how is it that such a special guy like you can think the bible teaches something so completely different about eternal salvation, which is admittedly a very important doctrine, than your buddy and fellow gospel expert Preston?
Preston's doctrine has been proven false time and time again, and every time he does the same thing, curse. Ya had to notice the pattern. Blessings

Location hidden

#557286 Aug 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck said "Are you hurting the gospel by drinking .......absolutely."
I ask you and Chuck; If Jesus changed water into wine for the wedding guests at Cana and shared wine with His disciples at the last supper, was He hurting the gospel?
He will not respond to your question....he can't...he has both feet in his mouth...
marge

Des Moines, IA

#557287 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No....God said it...I just repeated what He said...example: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Do you say things like,'Thank you Jesus or In Jesus name I pray'?

Location hidden

#557288 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston is right.....you aren't too smart.
Let me help ....
I don't care what Catholics do in church. So why post something to me about them ? Since they teach a false gospel , it's already hurting .
I don't recall asking you if you care what Catholics do in church..
I did ask: Why are you evading my question??

Location hidden

#557289 Aug 26, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you say things like,'Thank you Jesus or In Jesus name I pray'?
You have a need to ask such a question of a son of God????

Location hidden

#557290 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
glad you can read a little bit. and copy what I have already said.
PAUL called SEVERAL MEN[ APOSTLES], YET THEY SHOWED NO MIRACLES
Nice try....but you are lying....you said that Judas was not a apostle...you based that on him, as you said, being a thief and having never performed any miracles....I simply showed you that performing miracles is not a requirement of being an apostle..

No cigar...
marge

Des Moines, IA

#557291 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a need to ask such a question of a son of God????
Sorry, I do see you worship Jesus as God. Sometimes your words I don't understand. Blessings

Location hidden

#557292 Aug 27, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I do see you worship Jesus as God. Sometimes your words I don't understand. Blessings
My belief in you being a Christian is beginning to fade...

Ps 2:7;I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

If that tells you that Jesus is God..you belong in the same sock as chuck, boycow, maragrita and confriting, clay, tojo, etc etc......

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#557293 Aug 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try....but you are lying....you said that Judas was not a apostle...you based that on him, as you said, being a thief and having never performed any miracles....I simply showed you that performing miracles is not a requirement of being an apostle..
No cigar...
show me where I said that judas was not an apostle. looks like we caught you in another of you lies, oh foolish one., son of satan is more like it 4 U.

Location hidden

#557294 Aug 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No cigar...
reading problems? yep. here is my post and you are caught lying.

atemcowboy wrote:

<quoted text>
lol, being told to do something and then doing it are two different things, which is why this thread was started about conditional and unconditional.
John made it plain that judas was a thief. can God use a thief in the Ministry?

I said, first of all, that John said he was athief. and john should know better than you, adoofus who cant even read.lol

second< I never said anything about judas performing or not performing any miracles. you are lying thru your teeth again. and it is no wonder that marge is enamored with you. she lies and loves liars.

Location hidden

#557295 Aug 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief in you being a Christian is beginning to fade...
Ps 2:7;I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
If that tells you that Jesus is God..you belong in the same sock as chuck, boycow, maragrita and confriting, clay, tojo, etc etc......
one thing that you have going in your favor. you wont have to put up with many of us from this Forum we are going to be in Heaven, you will spend eternity with june and marge in hell.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557296 Aug 27, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"In my opinion anyone who accepts Jesus as the Christ and is doing the best that they can and what they know to do out of a sincere heart....is God's people and shall be saved."
- WHEW-WHEW!! Looks like I again qualified!
I hope to see ya on the other side with me.
I don't know but even if you are being sarcastic here, you know what, I sincerely hope to see you and all the others here on the other side.

I pray for everyone since Jesus died for everyone.

But I am the only person that can keep me from making it to the other side, so I am praying and trying to do my best to do the will of God. For me it is going to take a close walk and I am going to have to do all that I can do and give God my whole heart. I must serve him with my whole heart, mind, and soul.

Let's Play

#557297 Aug 27, 2014
I love you all. I want all of us to make it to the Kingdom of God. I want to have the love that it talks about in the Bible. If I don't have charity and love for others I am nothing.
1Corinthians Chapter 13

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

I want to live so that God can use me to help others.

I don't know these people or exactly what they believe, but I have just always liked this song: Because I would truly like to live so that God could use me any way he sees fit and anywhere he sees fit.

Let's Play

#557298 Aug 27, 2014
Once again, I don't personally know these people. I think someone told me that they are from my home town. But I don't know them personally.
But I just really like the song and the message here.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557299 Aug 27, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Ye shall know them by their fruits....Billy Grahams fruits are rotten. We all can see this and we know this.....his fruits are showing exactly whom he serves.
Question ..

Why have you become an accuser of the Brethren?

Why do you add your support to the ranting of a confirmed atheist?....

Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:

for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Jesus said

Mar 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Mar 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

. As for Billy Grahams ministry ..... Is He working for you? Do you pay his salary ?

Rom_14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#557300 Aug 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say whatever I feel like saying to a person like you. if you don't like it, don't let the door hit your posterior as you run out the door.lol
Do you expect the Christians living in countries where Shiria Law is the "Law of the Land" to obey Shiria Law?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min flack 25,081
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min pusherman_ 985,610
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 1 hr Ricky F 1,832
iMFifa Supply of Cheap FIFA 18 Coins 3 hr sheryyli 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Sklly 445,848
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 5 hr C Kersey 4
Anyone know any good deals from NoKeys? 6 hr NOKEYS 2
More from around the web