Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603932 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Sunbury, OH

#556936 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
what about marge who smokes pot and yet claims to be a Christian and believes in OSAS.
what about oxbore and his talking filthy with his innuendoes.
and also oldjg, the filthiest talker on here, both believe in OSAS.
THOSE THREE GIVE YOUR DOCTRINE A BAD NAME.
and I know that you personally don't believe that a person can act like these three and claim to be Christ like. and I don't want this newbie(seriously) to think that of you. you and hank are two of the nicest people on this Forum
Well....you are exactly right. How in the world can someone confess Christ as savior with those behaviors?? Does not happen in my circle of friends. Once heard "you confess Jesus as Lord and you deny Him with your lifestyle".

If eternal security is false what is apostasy?
Chuck

Sunbury, OH

#556937 Aug 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Not saying you ever sin but if you do;
1 John 2:1 My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ the Righteous One.
Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.
John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever--
Marge....do you really smoke pot?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556938 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Demas did not have a loving relationship with God.
He didn't love God and God didn't love him.
1 John 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
You are known as the children of God because you believe the gospel. You have been taken out of the world, you are now the enemy of the world.
Demas loved the world.
Truth based on Scripture...amen..

Location hidden

#556939 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
LIKE YOUR MENTOR OR VICE VERSA,
the filth is very evident. and you make it so.
Right!!!! It is very evident....in your mind!!!! You said it...not I....
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#556940 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
what about marge who smokes pot and yet claims to be a Christian and believes in OSAS.
what about oxbore and his talking filthy with his innuendoes.
and also oldjg, the filthiest talker on here, both believe in OSAS.
THOSE THREE GIVE YOUR DOCTRINE A BAD NAME.
and I know that you personally don't believe that a person can act like these three and claim to be Christ like. and I don't want this newbie(seriously) to think that of you. you and hank are two of the nicest people on this Forum
Preston....not you but some on here are confused about those who believe in eternal security. I don't believe it because since I'm saved I can live however I want. I believe it because I'm a sinner and Christ's sacrifice and God's grace is enough to keep me saved.

This whole idea about folks that believe in eternal security can live however they want is non-sense.

Location hidden

#556941 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
chuck, that is just plain stupid. a man doesn't work for free for many years and be commended as paul commended him and not love the Lord.
DEMAS LOVED THE WORLD AFTER MANY YEARS SERVING THE LORD. HE COUNTED THE COST BY KNOWING THAT PAUL AS WELL AS OTHER CHRISITANS WERE LOSING THEIR LIVES AND HE TOOK OFF.
that is as plain as plain can be.
For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

Christ said: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him....the love of the Father is in saved people...it is not in unsaved ones...Demas was not saved..he loved the present world..
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#556942 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
don't just tell me what YOU think. show me in the Bible where judas ever preached one message or participated in any miracles. I had to have missed that in my several readings of the NT>but here is a verse that does speak of judas.
This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
no miracles, no preaching, just an ordinary thief until he made the biggest blunder of his life. for 20.00, he lost his soul.
so if YOU think that he was a preacher, a worker of miracles, then you have proven by your own words that OSAS is a false doctrine, because Peter made it plain that he went to hell.
When Jesus instructed the twelve disciples to go out to heal the sick and cast out demons, was Judas apart of the twelve?

Location hidden

#556943 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
demas was demonized by John Bunyan and that is why people are not willing to accept what Paul said about him. they prefer fiction to the Bible.here is Paul is calling him his fellow worker. and shame on any person who calls Paul a liar.
And so do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas and Luke, my fellow workers.
No one is denying he was Paul's fellow worker...you are denying the truth...from Scripture...

For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

Christ said: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him....the love of the Father is in saved people...it is not in unsaved ones...Demas was not saved..he loved the present world..
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#556944 Aug 25, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> I can only speak for the people I have been in contact with. They think that they can sin and that it doesn't matter. I don't think that you can do things like that. I think when you do that you are bringing a reproach on God. But I really don't know what they teach in church because I never have been to an OSAS church.
Peace to you and yours as well.
More than a few times on this thread some once saved always savers have stated that you can become an atheist or some other religion that does not recognize Christ it doesnt matter. You are saved period. These are the same people that constantly misrepresent and distort Catholic theology on grace and justification. The church has always said that you can turn from God. The church never taught that you can never repent and return. Some will try to advocate that it is a repentant way while others will argue there is nothing you can do and thus take it casually. Some will take a hard line and say you can never return once you went out from us. You as a Protestant went out or were born into out. All of these peoples interpretations are just as valid as yours because you have made yourself an authority. Thus if you cannot say with absolute certainty you have the truth then I will guide you to all truth is meaniningless from one Protestant to the next. The bible and your personal interpretation and personal inspiration is the deal. If you look the other way with indifference and or pretend these dangeroug doctrines do not exist then by actions alone you say it does not matter. Some make no effort at all nor is there an effort to seek change and pray for guidance. Such as Luther who wrote paraphrased if I were to committ adultery a 1000 x a day it would not matter. Others will say they were never really saved while others will say they can know for certain. The Doctrine of OSAS was never taught or believed anywhere. It is another Novel Protestant doctrine with variations amongst all the authorities in Protestant world who read the bible and all come to many different conclusions. The bible doesnt have a string that you pull and it gives the final answer. Jesus founded a church and it was foretold that you would heap ministers upon yourselves to scratch your itching ears.
Chuck

Sunbury, OH

#556945 Aug 25, 2014
John 8:31 Jesus said, "if you abide in my word, you truly are my disciples".

So if folks like Demas don't abide in His word, how we're they truly His disciples????

Location hidden

#556946 Aug 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Peace
You say that saved people live by sound doctrine, and non saved people do not....
I think with all the deception in the world aimed at truth, and sound doctrine, it is difficult, especially in this age to separate it out from unsound doctrine. One is often left to fend for themselves with the Bible to the best of their understanding, and this leads them to where and what they want to see.
God predestined the saved to be done so by Jesus Christ, and conformity to Him. And yet there are so many ideas about Who Jesus was, that people are led astray by their own minds, and itching ears.
Thus we lean not on our own understanding, but trust in God. We do not assume that we are automatically enrolled in heaven, but pursue often a lifetime to being near to Jesus as the Center of God's Will in our lives. The fruit of which we may not see, but God sees the heart, and the fruit.
Therefore in the beginning and end one's faith must be in Jesus. He must be the one we seek and find, even though we are in dark places in our understanding. Little by little that light of Jesus shines, and the cloudy and dark days give light to the day.
Peace
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17)

A saved person is in Christ just like Noah was in the ark. The ark was a picture of Jesus and when Noah went into that ark God shut the door. Noah may have fallen down a lot of times in that ark, but he never fell out of it. That saved person's security is not in a place, it is in a Person and His name is Jesus. When a person is in Jesus, they are secure and if they are not in Jesus they are not secure....

The sons of God are never left to fend for themselves with the Bible to the best of their understanding...they are led to all truth by the promised one...the Holy Spirit... the "others" are left with their own understanding and that leads them to where and what they want to see.....

Sons of God do not assume that they are automatically enrolled in heaven...they know it..they have been sealed with the holy Spirit of promise.....per Scripture..."others" pursue often a lifetime to being near to Jesus as the Center of God's Will in their lives...

Location hidden

#556947 Aug 25, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
The tithe was instituted to support the Levitical Priesthood and the Jewish Temple. When the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE, the records of the Tribe of Levi were also destroyed. The Priesthood dissolved, so too did the obligation to pay tithes.
-
Supporting the Jewish Temple is a far cry from supporting Evangelical Pastors as they live in the lap of luxury and their parishioners are suffering and going hungry. Far too many Evangelicals have made themselves filthy rich in this manner and even flaunting their wealth and declaring they have great wealth because God has 'blessed' them abundantly for their efforts.
-
So, the question becomes: To Whom Do the Evangelical Pastors pay THEIR "tithes" to? Themselves? I'll bet if their finances were scrutinized, there would be no record of their paying tithes. And not being of the Levitical Priesthood, they have no legitimate right to collect tithes.
-
Remember ...Christ had no place to lay his head and the Apostles, also, were not ones to copy the lifestyle of the Pharisees.
I will not play your merry-go-round game...when you can refute this truth...lets talk...any thing else will be trashed...

Tithe: The institution or obligation of paying tithes. A tax or assessment of one tenth.

An obligation is not giving...a tax is not giving...The Scripture you quoted speaks of giving...freely...has nothing to do with tithing...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556948 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus instructed the twelve disciples to go out to heal the sick and cast out demons, was Judas apart of the twelve?
lol, being told to do something and then doing it are two different things, which is why this thread was started about conditional and unconditional.

John made it plain that judas was a thief. can God use a thief in the Ministry?

Location hidden

#556949 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge....do you really smoke pot?
Marge also knows a lot about being arrested as I posted from her post yesterday.

Location hidden

#556950 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck, I wouldn't have known about her buying pot in large volumes which she says to last her for a year or so.

her words not mine.
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#556951 Aug 25, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
More than a few times on this thread some once saved always savers have stated that you can become an atheist or some other religion that does not recognize Christ it dissent matter. You are saved period. These are the same people that constantly misrepresent and distort Catholic theology on grace and justification. The church has always said that you can turn from God. The church never taught that you can never repent and return. Some will try to advocate that it is a repentant way while others will argue there is nothing you can do and thus take it casually. Some will take a hard line and say you can never return once you went out from us. You as a Protestant went out or were born into out. All of these peoples interpretations are just as valid as yours because you have made yourself an authority. Thus if you cannot say with absolute certainty you have the truth then I will guide you to all truth is meaniningless from one Protestant to the next. The bible and your personal interpretation and personal inspiration is the deal. If you look the other way with indifference and or pretend these dangeroug doctrines do not exist then by actions alone you say it does not matter. Some make no effort at all nor is there an effort to seek change and pray for guidance. Such as Luther who wrote paraphrased if I were to committ adultery a 1000 x a day it would not matter. Others will say they were never really saved while others will say they can know for certain. The Doctrine of OSAS was never taught or believed anywhere. It is another Novel Protestant doctrine with variations amongst all the authorities in Protestant world who read the bible and all come to many different conclusions. The bible doesnt have a string that you pull and it gives the final answer. Jesus founded a church and it was foretold that you would heap ministers upon yourselves to scratch your itching ears.
Never heard of a born again Christian, believes in eternal security, and believes they can become an atheist or join another religion that doesn't recognize Christ and it wouldn't matter.

Lol...sounds like something you buddy Clay would say.

You made that up didn't you? I guess if you didn't you can give me an example....thanks
Chuck

Sunbury, OH

#556952 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
Chuck, I wouldn't have known about her buying pot in large volumes which she says to last her for a year or so.
her words not mine.
I just want to know if she smokes pot, how does she consider herself a Christian.

If she in fact does, we don't have to wonder why there are atheists in the world.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556953 Aug 25, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
More than a few times on this thread some once saved always savers have stated that you can become an atheist or some other religion that does not recognize Christ it doesnt matter. You are saved period. These are the same people that constantly misrepresent and distort Catholic theology on grace and justification. The church has always said that you can turn from God. The church never taught that you can never repent and return. Some will try to advocate that it is a repentant way while others will argue there is nothing you can do and thus take it casually. Some will take a hard line and say you can never return once you went out from us. You as a Protestant went out or were born into out. All of these peoples interpretations are just as valid as yours because you have made yourself an authority. Thus if you cannot say with absolute certainty you have the truth then I will guide you to all truth is meaniningless from one Protestant to the next. The bible and your personal interpretation and personal inspiration is the deal. If you look the other way with indifference and or pretend these dangeroug doctrines do not exist then by actions alone you say it does not matter. Some make no effort at all nor is there an effort to seek change and pray for guidance. Such as Luther who wrote paraphrased if I were to committ adultery a 1000 x a day it would not matter. Others will say they were never really saved while others will say they can know for certain. The Doctrine of OSAS was never taught or believed anywhere. It is another Novel Protestant doctrine with variations amongst all the authorities in Protestant world who read the bible and all come to many different conclusions. The bible doesnt have a string that you pull and it gives the final answer. Jesus founded a church and it was foretold that you would heap ministers upon yourselves to scratch your itching ears.
If you actually read the word of God you would know better than the RCC being right in any way. You ask penance of a man. You show respect of persons.....You are like the scribes and Pharisees who love to sit in the upper chambers and make themselves known of men for the praise of men...I do not need your guidance.....I think I will worship Jesus and not some earthly man.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#556954 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of a born again Christian, believes in eternal security, and believes they can become an atheist or join another religion that doesn't recognize Christ and it wouldn't matter.
Lol...sounds like something you buddy Clay would say.
You made that up didn't you? I guess if you didn't you can give me an example....thanks
Yeah it was argued on this forum. I'm not going to dig through years of posts. You can remain and ignoramous if you choose. I know Baptists who drink heavily, smoke pot among other things,, cuss up a storm among other things and basically do whatever they want, but they will tell you they know they are saved. In your fantasy world you can believe whatever you like. The facts are quite different and serious was simply pointing out what he has seen and heard. Well they werent really saved. LOL Yeah that is a good one.. You are delusional and I didnt make up anything. For years Protestants have been blowing in the wind with this doctrine and that doctrine. Attack Clay while he isn't here that is about up your alley. A blind man trying to lead blind people. You preach a dangerous and false doctrine and only in the clown pretend world that you live in are the ruler that speaks for all other Protestants with ultimate once saved always saved doctrine. It would be funny if it did not put souls in danger.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556955 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in eternal security. However, I don't think I can sin and it doesn't't matter.
So who are these folks you're in contact with? Obviously not true believers.....
In my opinion they have never really been saved or they wouldn't want to sin, but yes there are many people that I know who go to the call it Once in Grace always in Grace church and they believe that they can sin and do whatever they want as long as they go to church on Sundays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Hukt on Fonix 882,360
Who’s Really to blame for wife-beating? (Sep '14) 24 min dGo eDanmd lHoy i... 7
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Lyndi 177,918
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 44 min 15th Dalai Lama 8,491
Michelle Sam quits football because of 'mental ... 56 min Rufus P Mudbone J... 5
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Critical Eye 4,245
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 1 hr Synque 82
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr sangili karuppan 7,719
More from around the web