Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673321 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#557169 Aug 26, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
who came up with the word christen?
You are asking the wrong person. June doesn't understand Christianity.

You would be better suited with asking a local church priest or pastor. In the least - you will get an answer that is from the one side.

To get the other secular voice on this - IMO - a so-called "Christian" is a person who follows the complete Jesus, what he taught, and why he taught it for others. A so-called "Christian" emulates Jesus and his actions.
- "telling" others that they are going to "hell" or that "you aren't saved" are indicators that the person is not such a character.
- just claiming "I believe in Jesus" is a ruse they want you to fall into - because they themselves really don't understand why they are telling you this to begin with.

In a nutshell - you'll have a hard time finding one in this forum.

Location hidden

#557170 Aug 26, 2014
again, a person drinking a glass of wine at a restaurant will not be subject to arrest and possibly jail time, while smoking a joint in that same restaurant might allow you to meet bubba on his way to a prison.

further, if you are drinking a glass of wine in a nice restaurant, you will not be looked upon as some derelict, burned out hippy(male or female).

not only that, if you are a Christian, you will not open your self up to being called a hypocrite because you had a glass of wine, while marge has shown herself to be a hypocrite, speaking about others praying to idols etc, and yet breaking the laws of our land.

tho I don't agree with the concept of idols in churches, praying in front of one will not cause anyone to be put in prison, yet owning a lb. or kilo of pot will cause you to have a long vacation at taxpayers expense.

and in case anyone is wondering, I havent drank wine since 1982, nor smoked a cigarette either

Albuquerque, NM

#557171 Aug 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We all run in circles. We simply prefer our own thought-circles to the circular thoughts of others.
Maybe you do and enjoy it. I don't. Please don't include me in your little clique.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#557172 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, had a point and you along with everyone else but him, knows what it is.
Pot today is illegal in many states, WINE IS NOT.!
POINT MADE.
I see.
So in other words everything that is legal is OK in God's eyes because it is legal.
Got it.

Albuquerque, NM

#557173 Aug 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
How honest is it to state that no humans knows absolute truth ... and then carry on to brag that self KNOWS what message a savior gave to Christians ... while claiming that SELF is the only one that knows Jesus' REAL message?
Those are the antics of New Age Spiritual Leader.
EGO leads his WAY!
Junkology!

New Age wrote:

Prove it then.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic claim to KNOW universal truth. I don't pretend to even know if a universal truth in the absolute exists.
You comparison is faulty ... as usual.
As usual - you continue to neglect my questions, and then think you are in the right.

Whatever.

Location hidden

#557174 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
POINT MADE.
Will anyone be condemned to hell if they smoke pot in a state where pot is still illegal?

Location hidden

#557175 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
POINT MADE.
Cool.
Too bad it's a worthless point.

Location hidden

#557176 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
why are any of us not SURPRISED with the arrogance that you display on this Forum?
so let me help you out.
until recently pot was illegal in all states, and it is a felony to buy it and possess it in large volumes,
while wine is not an illegal substance, as you well knew, but it is easier for you to act like a doofus rather than a person who is of advanced(still not mature, tho) age and should know better.
Ignorant questions need not be addressed by people like many of us on this forum with even a modicum of intelligence, which you of course don't possess
<rolls eyes>
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#557177 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a Christian who drinks, lets say you have a brother that is an unsaved alcoholic. You are at a family party and you have a beer with him. What will be his response when you tell him he has a drinking problem an he needs Christ as savior.
How quickly do you think he will call you a hypocrite??? Are you hurting the gospel by drinking .......absolutely.
what else do you and Marge need help with????
After reading this, may seem like I have experienced it huh?
Well this I can agree with put it's not exactly what we were talking about.

Location hidden

#557178 Aug 26, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
So in other words everything that is legal is OK in God's eyes because it is legal.
Got it.
the Bible is clear that God expects His Children to obey the Laws of the Land, ALL LAWS.

since YOU are not a Christian, what we are talking about doesn't concern YOU.

you are free to do as you wish.

as for me and Chuck, God expects us to live according to His Will, we are to hold to a higher standard,

while marge and oxbore, follow satan and live as he wishes and wants them to live.

Albuquerque, NM

#557179 Aug 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally......
Do you know how many bible, teaching materials, food, clothing and many other things that I can supply to people in need on what Joyce Meyers is taking in???
Do you know how many people I can bring to Christ???
Being a good steward with God's money.....
"Finally....."
- did you have doubts that we would - eventually?

:o)

As for your questions.....
a. no.
b. no.

What is with this "bringing to Christ" stuff? When you yourself can't even accept all of what Jesus taught, but you think you can "bring others".

Hmmmm....I think you've stepped out of "your box".

;o)

Location hidden

#557180 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bible is clear that God expects His Children to obey the Laws of the Land, ALL LAWS.
Yeah right.
<dripping with sarcasm>
Tell that to the Christians living in places where Shiria Law is the "Laws of the Land" ya halftwit.

What's next? They are also exempt because their fellow countrymen are not Christian?
Grow a fricking brain cowboy.

Location hidden

#557181 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Man's laws CHANGE cowboy.
Do God's laws change accordingly?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#557182 Aug 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
Joyce Meyers is another false teacher who teaches false doctrine.....
joyce may not teach roman paganism to roman pagans the way they know it, but that doesn't make her a false teacher exactly.

Location hidden

#557183 Aug 26, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Finally....."
- did you have doubts that we would - eventually?
:o)
As for your questions.....
a. no.
b. no.
What is with this "bringing to Christ" stuff? When you yourself can't even accept all of what Jesus taught, but you think you can "bring others".
Hmmmm....I think you've stepped out of "your box".
;o)
Well something was stepped on ... or in. Of that I am certain.

Albuquerque, NM

#557184 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So Judas was saved as well?
According to this text he was......and was from Jesus....
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...

Jesus answered and said,“You will become the thirteenth, and you will be cursed by
the other generations—and you will come to rule over them. In the last days they will
curse your ascent to the holy [generation].”

......Judas said to Jesus,“Look, what will those who have been baptized in your name do?”
Jesus said,“Truly I say [to you], this baptism [56][…] my name [—about nine lines
missing—] to me. Truly [I] say to you, Judas,[those who] offer sacrifices to Saklas […]
God [—three lines missing—] everything that is evil.
“But you will exceed all of them. For you will sacrifice the man that clothes me.

Already your horn has been raised,
your wrath has been kindled,
your star has shown brightly,
and your heart has […].[57]

You do believe Jesus, right?

Albuquerque, NM

#557185 Aug 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox,
What separates us from God???
Sin.....
Did you notice that SIN is not mentioned in your scripture that you posted???
That should tell you something, Ox....
IMO - death is what separates us. Sin has nothing to do with it.

Location hidden

#557186 Aug 26, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
Too bad it's a worthless point.
for a worthless person, it might be worthless.

to a Christian as I said, God expects us to be held to a higher standard. I understood exactly what Chuck was saying, I been there and done that.

when I got Saved I had long hair, and that one time at an altar condemmed myself. I thought while praying for someone that if they looked at my long hair, they might say to them self that if God didn't change him, he cant change me, so I prayed about it and the Lord spoke to me and said these words. " My prophets of old had long hair and I loved them and I love you".

and an elder of the Church told someone that if I actually got Saved. my long hair and beard would be gone, and the NEXT time I was in church with him, they both were gone tho he didn't know it, it was his funeral.

You see, people do expect more from Christians, even newbies like I was.

Location hidden

#557187 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
since YOU are not a Christian, what we are talking about doesn't concern YOU.
you are free to do as you wish.
as for me and Chuck, God expects us to live according to His Will, we are to hold to a higher standard,
while marge and oxbore, follow satan and live as he wishes and wants them to live.
Does that "higher standard" include the standard which requires you to be an ass to others and call them names ... preacherman?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#557188 Aug 26, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
A woman in the role of leadership over men would violate the order God set for this world...
But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Women do have roles to play and functions to perform with the Body of Christ.
sssooo do you think joyce meyer is teaching false doctrine or would you say that she's teaching under a false premise?

as for me, i like her primary message of grace through faith, but i could do without her teaching it;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Elerby 104,727
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min nanoanomaly 981,316
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,296
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr _Drifter 4,052
More from around the web