Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683628 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557155 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"God shut the door" means that God sealed their fate....safety from the flood...
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
What is your definition of "everlasting life"....what does "shall not come into condemnation;" mean?
What does "passed from death unto life" mean??
Oxbow

God did promise Noah, in his obedience, that he would deliver them from death by the flood.(In a similar way, Moses and the Israelites were delivered from the flood at the parting of the Red Sea. And yet all of that generation died except Joshua in the desert.) So what does that show us?
Noah and those members of his family, likewise died. And to extend that into the spiritual realm of Christ is a step to far, to say that one is permanently saved. It shows quite the opposite.

So just as in real life, if one walks in front of an oncoming car, or jumps off a high cliff, one may survive, likewise it is true of the Christian who does similarly(cause their death by sin in the spirit) with their faith, but there is no guarantee by God that His Judgment will not end in spiritual death, for those who abuse, or refuse the Christian way of life, after once accepting Christ as Lord.

Such a statement that he that hearth and believeth on him who sent me hath everlasting life, is just a part of the reality. We know that the demons and devil hear and believe whom Jesus is, does this mean that they have everlasting life?

It is when one hears and believes that begins the process of realizing one's hope, faith, and love are in Jesus Christ. So to "HEAR" means especially, while we are living that we have hope and faith in Jesus Christ. And while we are living, we do as Jesus did, and that is love God, one another, and take up our cross.

If one passes from death to eternal life, then why would not God reverse this process if one did not pursue the course of eternal life, but choose death by sinning, after someone is born again?(God does not override one's will before or after accepting Jesus as Lord.) But God's Mercy exceeds His need for Justice in the case of those who accept Christ. And it is there we have our confidence in the hope of eternal life with Him.

Peace

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#557156 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
any idea when the USA made wine illegal? DOOFUS, fits you to a tee.lol
Since you can't answer my questions...you babble...typical of a man "called of God"...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#557157 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not play your merry-go-round game...
Ox,

Shouldn't Christians be investing in the advancement of His Kingdom with giving???

A man should give in proportion to what he has, and also as he plans, or purposes, in his heart.

Location hidden

#557158 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a Christian who drinks, lets say you have a brother that is an unsaved alcoholic. You are at a family party and you have a beer with him. What will be his response when you tell him he has a drinking problem an he needs Christ as savior.
How quickly do you think he will call you a hypocrite??? Are you hurting the gospel by drinking .......absolutely.
what else do you and Marge need help with????
After reading this, may seem like I have experienced it huh?
So, according to you, anyone who drinks wine is hurting the gospel..how does that square with: 1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

You did not answer my question regards those who make wine....why not??

Location hidden

#557159 Aug 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
God did promise Noah, in his obedience, that he would deliver them from death by the flood.(In a similar way, Moses and the Israelites were delivered from the flood at the parting of the Red Sea. And yet all of that generation died except Joshua in the desert.) So what does that show us?
Noah and those members of his family, likewise died. And to extend that into the spiritual realm of Christ is a step to far, to say that one is permanently saved. It shows quite the opposite.
So just as in real life, if one walks in front of an oncoming car, or jumps off a high cliff, one may survive, likewise it is true of the Christian who does similarly(cause their death by sin in the spirit) with their faith, but there is no guarantee by God that His Judgment will not end in spiritual death, for those who abuse, or refuse the Christian way of life, after once accepting Christ as Lord.
Such a statement that he that hearth and believeth on him who sent me hath everlasting life, is just a part of the reality. We know that the demons and devil hear and believe whom Jesus is, does this mean that they have everlasting life?
It is when one hears and believes that begins the process of realizing one's hope, faith, and love are in Jesus Christ. So to "HEAR" means especially, while we are living that we have hope and faith in Jesus Christ. And while we are living, we do as Jesus did, and that is love God, one another, and take up our cross.
If one passes from death to eternal life, then why would not God reverse this process if one did not pursue the course of eternal life, but choose death by sinning, after someone is born again?(God does not override one's will before or after accepting Jesus as Lord.) But God's Mercy exceeds His need for Justice in the case of those who accept Christ. And it is there we have our confidence in the hope of eternal life with Him.
Peace
I will not play your merry-go-round game..last call:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

What is your definition of "everlasting life"....what does "shall not come into condemnation;" mean?
What does "passed from death unto life" mean??

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#557160 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
any idea when the USA made wine illegal? DOOFUS, fits you to a tee.lol
Yes. I have an idea ... and a date sir.
On January 16,1919 wine became technically illegal in the USA, as did all other alcoholic beverages and concoctions, by ratification of amendment 18.

What about it cowboy?
Do you have a point to share concerning the fact that alcohol officially became illegal on January 17, 1920?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#557161 Aug 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But then again Mikey failed to notice that it was Protestants who were bringing up things about Joyce Meiers not Catholics, but he gleefully and swiftly assigns it to all Catholics on this forum, lol BTW the German Bishop was suspended and after he was investigated he resigned. I guess Mikey is in charge of the Protestants. ;0 Oh wait Mikey is just living his life and playing the hypocrite telling others they need not worry what others believe while he fixates obsessively with no integrity on one group. MIkey fair and balanced the best fishwrap in town. ;0 Its actually kind of strange to see single mattresses. In St Paul some people dont realize that quite often homeless are given a place to eat and sleep, hooked up with charites and given a chance. Its hard to get a job when you have no job, no money, no car and you smell. Some people complain about the smelly homeless people that sit on the benches in their church and make them smell when sometimes all they want is a place to sit down, or perhaps actually sleep a little in cool, warm or dry place. The bottom line is lavish living is not a norm. Despite the belief of some
Protestants that the Pope has a crystal ball and is all knowing and every Bishop, priest, deacon, politician, prime minister, pres. or king or lay Catholic hinges on every word there are people with some sense. Mikey has none. Yeah solo Jehovah witnesses that want to chat football with Mikey are a dime a dozen. lol
.....(lol).....None of my posts were to you, but as usual you butt right in taking over from Liam/Hojo because you believe you can carry the catholic ball farther than they can.

......reading your post clearly shows your not a happy person. Everything you said was negative and defensive. The catholic mantra.

......I am very happy in my life, and that bothers you. Judging everyone by their religion shows how shallow you really are. You don't want protestants or jahova witnesses to good lives, again brainwashing does that. Its clear.

...I posted several websites today about priests/bishops all over america who got caught stealing millions of dollars out of pockets like yours and not a word from you about that. HUH! Silence! Where's the checks and balances? Is it just a free-for-all.

........I will not call you names or insult you. Someone told me that's not the Catholic way.
USA Born

AOL

#557162 Aug 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is, do YOU know what they mean????
Here let me help u.
"Peter’s Confession about Jesus.*
h When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi* he asked his disciples,“Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”
i They replied,“Some say John the Baptist,* others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
He said to them,“But who do you say that I am?”
* j Simon Peter said in reply,“You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus said to him in reply,“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood* has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
k And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church,* and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
l I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.* Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
* m Then he strictly ordered his disciples to tell no one that he was the Messiah."
THIS IS THE TEACHING OF THE APOSTLES WHO WALKED THE EARTH WITH JESUS!
"*[16:18] You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church: the Aramaic word k&#275;p&#257;’ meaning rock and transliterated into Greek as C&#274;phas is the name by which Peter is called in the Pauline letters (1 Cor 1:12; 3:22; 9:5; 15:4; Gal 1:18; 2:9, 11, 14) except in Gal 2:7–8 (“Peter”). It is translated as Petros (“Peter”) in Jn 1:42. The presumed original Aramaic of Jesus’ statement would have been, in English,“You are the Rock (K&#275;p&#257;’) and upon this rock (k&#275;p&#257;’) I will build my church.” The Greek text probably means the same, for the difference in gender between the masculine noun petros, the disciple’s new name, and the feminine noun petra (rock) may be due simply to the unsuitability of using a feminine
*[16:19] The keys to the kingdom of heaven: the image of the keys is probably drawn from Is 22:15–25 where Eliakim, who succeeds Shebnah as master of the palace, is given “the key of the house of David,” which he authoritatively “opens” and “shuts”(Mt 22:22). Whatever you bind…loosed in heaven: there are many instances in rabbinic literature of the binding-loosing imagery. Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone. In Mt 18:18 all the disciples are given the power of binding and loosing, but the context of that verse suggests that there the power of excommunication alone is intended. That the keys are those to the kingdom of heaven and that Peter’s exercise of authority in the church on earth will be confirmed in heaven show an intimate connection between, but not an identification of, the church and the kingdom of heaven.
Pretty sick stuff. Peter is Jesus' rock? I bet you think getting water sprinkled on your forehead as a baby means you're baptized too.

Christ never gave His authority over to Peter who then gave it to your church. Peter said "you are the Christ, the Son of the living God". That's my Rock.

Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
Deuteronomy 32:37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,

The "key of the House of David" simply means authority to rule over Israel.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#557164 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not answer my question regards those who make wine....why not??
don't feel like it...

I gave you my opinion. If you and Marge want to justify boozing it and smoking weed go right ahead. You don't see it has hurting the gospel because you drink and then you show up at church on Sunday and praise God.

And we sit back at the end of the day and we wonder why there are atheists in the world.

Location hidden

#557165 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you can't answer my questions...you babble...typical of a man "called of God"...
why are any of us not SURPRISED with the arrogance that you display on this Forum?

so let me help you out.

until recently pot was illegal in all states, and it is a felony to buy it and possess it in large volumes,

while wine is not an illegal substance, as you well knew, but it is easier for you to act like a doofus rather than a person who is of advanced(still not mature, tho) age and should know better.

Ignorant questions need not be addressed by people like many of us on this forum with even a modicum of intelligence, which you of course don't possess

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#557166 Aug 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
Actually you have hit upon a problem in the RCC, which exists(and not in this church alone). In the RCC it came to the forefront and is known as the heresy of Jansenism. It was introduced via the ideas of Calvinism in the Protestant movements.
Presumption in salvation is a sort of line, on a personal note, when one steps over it, the salvation actually comes into doubt, because the slope gets slippery on the other side of that line.
One can live by hope in salvation, not by presumption. Hope in promises fulfilled by God.
Peace
What "promises" are you hopeful upon, that "God" fulfilled?

Please be very specific in your accounts - so it allows others to retort if needed.

Personally, you have two issues that need to be resolved first - before you can come to a viable conclusion:

a. Of course - you need to show that you know the actions "God" intends to make at this very moment and in the future. I say this because you imply that "God" has already fulfilled promises, yet "God" really hasn't stated any promises, huh? Only men have.

b. You must also know and be able to present where "God" specifically states which texts are of "His" inspiration and which are not. This delineates the specific texts that will show what you say to be true.

c. Claiming specific religious beliefs as heresy is nothing from "God". That would be a label that man had applied to a belief that they didn't recognize as being "legitimate". Arrogance seems to be a part of their decision, but you won't admit to this either, so we'll just accept it for what it is.

Soooo - with all of this said, what "promises" were fulfilled by "God"?

Location hidden

#557167 Aug 26, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I have an idea ... and a date sir.
On January 16,1919 wine became technically illegal in the USA, as did all other alcoholic beverages and concoctions, by ratification of amendment 18.
What about it cowboy?
Do you have a point to share concerning the fact that alcohol officially became illegal on January 17, 1920?
yep, had a point and you along with everyone else but him, knows what it is.

Pot today is illegal in many states, WINE IS NOT.!

POINT MADE.

Albuquerque, NM

#557168 Aug 26, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Like I said - you sound like a Catholic.....because you keep promoting untruths.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic claim to KNOW universal truth. I don't pretend to even know if a universal truth in the absolute exists.
You comparison is faulty ... as usual.
Quit lying to the forum.

You've already stated - multiple times - that someone's belief is "bunkology" - which direct reflects that you have made a conclusion - one that appears to not be AGNOSTIC.....which is in fact the bottom-line for all beliefs.

There is no one on this planet that has "absolute truth" including you with you thinking that their is no absolute truth at all.

Trying to discredit me will be a hard time for you, considering nothing I've said has been false.

You only want it to be, because it helps validate your unfounded conclusions as well as the other so-called "Christians" trying to do the same.

You and them continue to be untruthful to not only me, but to yourselves as well.

Carry on.

Albuquerque, NM

#557169 Aug 26, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
who came up with the word christen?
You are asking the wrong person. June doesn't understand Christianity.

You would be better suited with asking a local church priest or pastor. In the least - you will get an answer that is from the one side.

To get the other secular voice on this - IMO - a so-called "Christian" is a person who follows the complete Jesus, what he taught, and why he taught it for others. A so-called "Christian" emulates Jesus and his actions.
- "telling" others that they are going to "hell" or that "you aren't saved" are indicators that the person is not such a character.
- just claiming "I believe in Jesus" is a ruse they want you to fall into - because they themselves really don't understand why they are telling you this to begin with.

In a nutshell - you'll have a hard time finding one in this forum.

Location hidden

#557170 Aug 26, 2014
again, a person drinking a glass of wine at a restaurant will not be subject to arrest and possibly jail time, while smoking a joint in that same restaurant might allow you to meet bubba on his way to a prison.

further, if you are drinking a glass of wine in a nice restaurant, you will not be looked upon as some derelict, burned out hippy(male or female).

not only that, if you are a Christian, you will not open your self up to being called a hypocrite because you had a glass of wine, while marge has shown herself to be a hypocrite, speaking about others praying to idols etc, and yet breaking the laws of our land.

tho I don't agree with the concept of idols in churches, praying in front of one will not cause anyone to be put in prison, yet owning a lb. or kilo of pot will cause you to have a long vacation at taxpayers expense.

and in case anyone is wondering, I havent drank wine since 1982, nor smoked a cigarette either

Albuquerque, NM

#557171 Aug 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We all run in circles. We simply prefer our own thought-circles to the circular thoughts of others.
Maybe you do and enjoy it. I don't. Please don't include me in your little clique.

Location hidden

#557172 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
POINT MADE.
I see.
So in other words everything that is legal is OK in God's eyes because it is legal.
Got it.

Albuquerque, NM

#557173 Aug 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
How honest is it to state that no humans knows absolute truth ... and then carry on to brag that self KNOWS what message a savior gave to Christians ... while claiming that SELF is the only one that knows Jesus' REAL message?
Those are the antics of New Age Spiritual Leader.
EGO leads his WAY!
Junkology!

New Age wrote:

Prove it then.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic claim to KNOW universal truth. I don't pretend to even know if a universal truth in the absolute exists.
You comparison is faulty ... as usual.
As usual - you continue to neglect my questions, and then think you are in the right.

Whatever.

Location hidden

#557174 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
POINT MADE.
Will anyone be condemned to hell if they smoke pot in a state where pot is still illegal?

Location hidden

#557175 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
POINT MADE.
Cool.
Too bad it's a worthless point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Squirrel Pot Pie 15,658
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 3 min Dave Matthews 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 983,078
USA Today, says Jehovah's Witnesses is the fast... (Feb '08) 41 min BORN AGAIN PAST JW 63
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 51 min REBUKING EVIL 19
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 1 hr andet1987 85
food lion employee abuse 2 hr panther81 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr harsh rebukes evi... 619,688
More from around the web