Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,383
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556650 Aug 24, 2014
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary

Gentiles.(nations). All the people who were not Jews were so called by them, being aliens from the worship, rites and privileges of Israel. The word was use contemptuously by them.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556651 Aug 24, 2014
From this interpretation, the Jews that did not follow their religious leaders were labeled as Gentiles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Goy

In the Tanakh (Hebrew: תַ&#14 68;נַ "ךְ , Hebrew Bible) is often appeal to the Jewish people, as the Gentiles (goyim) for regular violation of Testaments. Respectively - this can be considered the most ancient interpretation of the word "Goy" - not the one who "non-Jew", as is commonly believed today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goy

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556652 Aug 24, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
SBC says:
WHEREAS, Biblical stewardship is a generous response of loving obedience that constitutes an essential part of our worship of God (2 Corinthians 9:6–7); and
WHEREAS, Tithing predates the Law of Moses (Genesis 14:20; 28:22; Hebrews 7:2) and is affirmed in the Old Testament (Numbers 18: 21–24) as well as in the New Testament (Luke 11:42); and
WHEREAS, The Scripture equates failure to tithe with robbing God (Malachi 3:8); and
WHEREAS, Christ affirmed the tithe (Matthew 23:23); and
WHEREAS, Proportional giving of at least a tithe is expected by God throughout Scripture (Numbers 18:21–24; 1 Corinthians 16:1–2; Hebrews 7:2); and
WHEREAS, Tithing is essential for Kingdom work through the local church and ministries around the world (1 Corinthians 9:13–14); and
WHEREAS, According to the Great Commission Task Force Report, Southern Baptists give just 2.5 percent of their annual income to the local church, demonstrating the need for Southern Baptists to teach and faithfully obey the biblical command to tithe; and
WHEREAS, The current economic climate and other factors have resulted in financial challenges for many of our churches and mission entities; and
WHEREAS, Faithful stewardship is a privilege and an honor for all Christians; and
WHEREAS, The Cooperative Program is funded solely by tithes, offerings, and gifts through the churches; and
WHEREAS, Cooperative Program giving from the churches has declined significantly from $548 million in 2007–2008 to $488 million in 2010–2011, reducing our support of missions and ministries by $60 million; and
WHEREAS, Frank S. Page, president of the SBC Executive Committee, has challenged Southern Baptist churches to increase their Cooperative Program giving by at least 1 percent; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED, That the messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Houston, Texas, June 11–12, 2013, exhort all Southern Baptists to tithe cheerfully and give sacrificially as good stewards of God’s blessings to their local churches; and be it further
RESOLVED, That Southern Baptists and Southern Baptist churches evaluate the faithfulness of their stewardship to financially support missionaries and ministries at home and abroad through the Cooperative Program and Great Commission Giving; and be it finally
RESOLVED, That we commend those who tithe faithfully in loving obedience to God.
There is more if you need to see more....

Location hidden

#556653 Aug 24, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>That is Romans 8: Why don't you read the beginning of that Chapter it really explains what we must do: Here is just a little of it:
Romans 8
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Pay special attention to 12-13
We are debtors not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.....(willful sinning).
You shall die if you live after the flesh (sin).....but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live....(it says that we have to mortify sin through the Spirit that means we have to work to do so)
Verse 9 The Spirit of Christ is not a willful sinner and does not sin (God hates sin) so if we willfully sin then the Spirit of Christ is not in us and we are not his.......
And no nothing can take us out of God's hands but us.
Have no intent on riding your merry-go-round..

You are entitled to your "think"...
When you find Scripture that teaches the opposite of "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" and "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" you will have proven the Word of God to be false because, at that time, His Word would have contradiction...

It will not happen....

Anything short of what I am asking of you will be trashed....
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#556654 Aug 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....I call them, as I see them.
....this isn't my hobby. This is my MISSION to expose the lies, deceit and foolishness of your church leaders. Should I start with the arch diocese of St Paul? What a total emabrassment!
.,,..Nearly $3 Billion. Paid out in court costs worldwide..........this is the organization you boast about?
....GOD HELP US!!!!
You 've been exposed ( on numerous occasions) spreading exaggerated anti-catholic trash articles and out-of-proportional statistics that are based " entirely" on yours and others "hate" for Jesus Christ a Himself and His One True Catholic Church......We as Catholics ALL know that the liberal media and people like you will ( stop at nothing)to dig up any kind of dirt" that they can manufacture" in order to "feed the vengeance and hostility that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul against the Only True Christian Church that Jesus Himself established over 2000 years ago.....God help "your" anti-catholic hate-filled sickness!....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556655 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no intent on riding your merry-go-round..
You are entitled to your "think"...
When you find Scripture that teaches the opposite of "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" and "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" you will have proven the Word of God to be false because, at that time, His Word would have contradiction...
It will not happen....
Anything short of what I am asking of you will be trashed....
the FACT remains that we can walk away from God, and you can find no verse that will indicate otherwise.

this is WHY people like you and marge are to ignorant to understand. Heaven is a Holy Place and no sin will enter in, and if a OSAS'er isn't living where they should be living, they are not going to enter heaven.

are you so ignorant that you believe that a person like marge is going to take her bag of pot with her into Heaven?

sorry, but she wont, and you, NOT BEING SAVED, aint gonna make it either.

Location hidden

#556656 Aug 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
the FACT remains that we can walk away from God, and you can find no verse that will indicate otherwise.
this is WHY people like you and marge are to ignorant to understand. Heaven is a Holy Place and no sin will enter in, and if a OSAS'er isn't living where they should be living, they are not going to enter heaven.
are you so ignorant that you believe that a person like marge is going to take her bag of pot with her into Heaven?
sorry, but she wont, and you, NOT BEING SAVED, aint gonna make it either.
To walk with God or walk not with God is a matter of choice...Saved people can walk away from God...but will not. Non saved people can walk away from God...but the gift of Salvation is still available to them...their choice.

Quote:
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Location hidden

#556657 Aug 24, 2014
Liam he say:

You are 82 yrs old aren't ya? We went through this a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure why I bother taking the time to explain things to you. You're like my grandpa. Nothing would change his mind. Nothing!

My age has nothing to do with the truth in my post...which is based on Scripture...
Repeat: According to Catholics, Christ established the Catholic church in Mt 16:18 and Peter was the first pope.
If that be so, why did not Christ refer to the seven (7) churches as "Catholic"...why did not Christ address His Words to the "pope"??????
We are not answering my question...because you know the answer...and you know I know you know....
Cock roaches run and hide from the glaring light...they prefer darkness..are you not running away from the glaring light of Truth by evading my questions???

Location hidden

#556658 Aug 24, 2014
atemcowboy he say:

I got called to Preach in 1984, the Message has never changed from then till the last time that I was Preaching. God never changes.. it is NOT the fault of GIF nor myself because you are not willing to Learn what the Bible teaches which is why he asked you what you are reading since the words make no sense, which is the reason why you don't either.
why don't you show me using the KJV where I might read these words of yours[the Bible says you will get sick or even die, lose all your rewards even, but never says you'll loose your Adoption as children of God.]
since every person gets sick at one time or another and every person dies. Is this another example of your pot induced realizations?BTW, it is to late to claim that you don't smoke pot, you have admitted it to many times on this Forum..

"called of God"..As a preacher, you would not make a small pimple on Adrian's cheek...and you know which cheek I speak of...

WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.

Location hidden

#556659 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To walk with God or walk not with God is a matter of choice...Saved people can walk away from God...but will not. Non saved people can walk away from God...but the gift of Salvation is still available to them...their choice.
Quote:
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
John is no way is claiming that those people were Saved. you just cant understand the Word of God until YOU get Saved. that is your problem and several of us have called you on it. YOU ARE NOT SAVED.

the botton line is that Demas was Saved, yet he walked away from the Lord.

and you can never prove that Demas was never Saved. Paul knew him, you and others that believe this false doctrine never said one word to Demas. a few days ago, you said that GIF and I didn't know that you aren't saved, so how can you say demas wasn't Saved?

GIF and I have seen the ignorance that you project on this Forum, so we have a good idea as to you NOT BEING SAVED

Location hidden

#556660 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
atemcowboy he say:
I got called to Preach in 1984, the Message has never changed from then till the last time that I was Preaching. God never changes.. it is NOT the fault of GIF nor myself because you are not willing to Learn what the Bible teaches which is why he asked you what you are reading since the words make no sense, which is the reason why you don't either.
why don't you show me using the KJV where I might read these words of yours[the Bible says you will get sick or even die, lose all your rewards even, but never says you'll loose your Adoption as children of God.]
since every person gets sick at one time or another and every person dies. Is this another example of your pot induced realizations?BTW, it is to late to claim that you don't smoke pot, you have admitted it to many times on this Forum..
"called of God"..As a preacher, you would not make a small pimple on Adrian's cheek...and you know which cheek I speak of...
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.
you are so ignorant that you hadn't even heard of "dying Grace" when I first spoke of it, a rogers even preached on it.lol. what is sad is that he had to preach about it to you Baptists.

No doubt, the Scripture is true, we are made perfect in Jesus Christ, but when we walk away like demas did, we aint very perfect then.

Location hidden

#556661 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
atemcowboy he say:
in this post, you are acting like oldjg by speaking filthy. another example as to why people don't consider you a Christian

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#556662 Aug 24, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't curse anyone.
I merely recognize a government that happily betrays the US for their own purposes.
From Fox News :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LbkQddEDPs0XX
There are other instances.
Those folks are not our friends.
In that region they are,probably the,only ones,who don't want to kill us,all .
Do you have any idea,what just keeping their country has,been a,miracle,.
The,refugees were almost defeated before they got there,
During the war ..they had,no place to run ..even we,did not take many..
This,place,is the,only refuge for Jews all over the world and they are holding on in the face,of neighbors,who want them annihilated and have used the imported Palestine settlers as pawns,for decades. They could,provide,for all those,folks,but they don't ...the Israelis,treat them better and try NOT to kill those,used as human shields.

And the,way we are backing down in our support to me,is,going to be our undoing .

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#556663 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>I'm not trying to argue with Oxbore or anything. I just can't understand how OSAS believe what they believe. To me the whole Bible is teaching differently.
I mean really what would be the difference in a sinner and OSAS. The only difference I can see is that the sinner is being honest about it and not trying to use grace as to excuse themselves from having to live right and not sin.
I'm curious why you assume OSAS people are,living in sin..

I'm not arguing for or against, but my understanding is in being saved we WANT to do what Jesus,wants, and if we backslide our conscience/ the Holy Spirit will rebuke us and bring us,to repentance .
Every one is,tempted to sin ...would,an OSAS person be more so? Or STAY in sin more than any other Christian???

Maybe some do , I don't know, but loving Jesus should bring anyone to repent and the Spirit can even bring people to brokenness ,knock them down..God is jealous of those who believe , would He not call them back , go after HIS,LOST SHEEP ?
How could they deny Him forever ...?

But why would they be more likely to is,my question..
I've never heard,of being Saved as a license to sin that I know of .

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#556664 Aug 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
In that region they are,probably the,only ones,who don't want to kill us,all .
Do you have any idea,what just keeping their country has,been a,miracle,.
The,refugees were almost defeated before they got there,
During the war ..they had,no place to run ..even we,did not take many..
This,place,is the,only refuge for Jews all over the world and they are holding on in the face,of neighbors,who want them annihilated and have used the imported Palestine settlers as pawns,for decades. They could,provide,for all those,folks,but they don't ...the Israelis,treat them better and try NOT to kill those,used as human shields.
And the,way we are backing down in our support to me,is,going to be our undoing .
They are not our friends.

They are users who were aware in advance of 9/11 and hoped it would, as it did, suck us into war in the Middle East.

Their survival is meaningless to us, unless you are a fundamentalist and their existence fits your eschatology.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#556665 Aug 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that your intelligence is "actionable"
I would like to see the verdict of that decision in a higher court of law, such as the supreme court.
:)
Brain damage.

United States

#556666 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
WHEREAS, Biblical stewardship is a generous response of loving obedience that constitutes an essential part of our worship of God (2 Corinthians 9:6–7); and
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/2_corinthians/9.htm
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each of you should give WHAT YOU HAVE DECIDED IN YOUR HEART to give, NOT reluctantly or UNDER COMPULSION, for God loves a cheerful giver.
>>>
This verse plainly states that what each individual gives, is dependent on what they, themselves, have decided in their heart – it’s very clear that no specifically set amount is required.
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
WHEREAS, Tithing predates the Law of Moses (Genesis 14:20; 28:22; Hebrews 7:2) and is affirmed in the Old Testament (Numbers 18: 21–24) as well as in the New Testament (Luke 11:42); and
-
http://biblehub.com/genesis/14-20.htm
20 And praise be to God Most High,
who delivered your enemies into your hand.”
Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.
-
http://biblehub.com/genesis/28-22.htm
22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”
-
http://biblehub.com/hebrews/7-2.htm
2and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also,“king of Salem” means “king of peace.”
>>>
These instances were both voluntary by each individual and not a requirement.
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
WHEREAS, The Scripture equates failure to tithe with robbing God (Malachi 3:8); and
-
http://biblehub.com/malachi/3-8.htm
8“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.
“But you ask,‘How are we robbing you?’
“In tithes and offerings.
>>>
One can’t possibly be robbing God if they give what they have decided in their hearts to give, which is what is required of a Christian.
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
WHEREAS, Christ affirmed the tithe (Matthew 23:23); and
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/23.htm
23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
>>>
Justice, mercy and faithfulness is what Jesus was emphasizing here. Would it be considered justice or merciful that a pastor would be living high on the hog and traveling the country in a personal jet, while his parishioners were giving 10% of their Social Security checks and eating dog food in order not to starve? In these particular verses, Jesus is admonishing the Pharisees and calling them hypocrites for doing much that same thing, re: living a life of luxury while those they were pretending to serve, were going hungry.
-
-

United States

#556667 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
WHEREAS, Proportional giving of at least a tithe is expected by God throughout Scripture (Numbers 18:21–24; 1 Corinthians 16:1–2; Hebrews 7:2); and
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/numbers/18.htm
21 “I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting. 22 From now on the Israelites must not go near the tent of meeting, or they will bear the consequences of their sin and will die. 23 It is the Levites who are to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites. 24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the Lord. That is why I said concerning them:‘They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.’&#8239;”
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/16.htm
1 Now about the collection for the Lord’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

http://biblehub.com/niv/hebrews/7.htm
2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also,“king of Salem” means “king of peace.”
>>>
That these instances of giving a tenth predates the Law of Moses, really, has little meaning, because there was not yet a requirement to support the Temple.
Both these instances of giving of 10% were purely voluntary by each individual and not required by law or precedent. And neither patriarch required their descendants to follow their lead and pay 10% of their yearly income.
Note: After the Law was instituted, it states the Levites would do the work at the Tent of Meeting and then it states that they were to receive no other inheritance. Instead, the Levites only inheritance, or means of support, WAS the tithe.
>>>
First Century Christians were not required to pay a tithe after the Sacrifice of Christ as per:
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_thessalonians/2.htm
9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; WE WORKED NIGHT AND DAY in ORDER NOT TO BE A BURDEN TO ANYONE WHILE WE PREACHED THE GOSPEL of God to you.
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
WHEREAS, Tithing is essential for Kingdom work through the local church and ministries around the world (1 Corinthians 9:13–14); and
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/9.htm
13Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.
>>>
The Priests who served in the Temple in Christ’s day …this was their full time job. They had no other way to earn a living as they did not own property or flocks. When the Temple was destroyed, they ‘lost their jobs’.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#556668 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be right. Maybe he meant that they were interested in what he said and simply wanted to look it up on the Catholic site to prove him wrong and their selves right.
Isn't that the way the game is played?
......you have to remember who you are posting about.

....Knowing Liam its obvious he made the whole story up, to score one for the team, and puff up his already HUGE ego. He has an imagination like my 3 year old granddaughter. An attention seeker.

....there probably weren't any JW even in his neighborhood.(lol)!!

United States

#556669 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text> I like reading your posts as well. I also will be praying for your health.
-
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Tide with Beach 793,755
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 24 min Mandela 462
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Ratloder 120,626
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 28 min Rathore 38,054
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Pegasus 267,310
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min Epiphany2 607,071
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 36 min Grunt56 221,527
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,429
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 18 hr henk 175
More from around the web