Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596374 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556523 Aug 24, 2014
Whether Jesus chose to teach Judaism or Christianity as his infatuation with religion ... if Jesus lived and taught that only those that followed his teachings could be saved ... he was a bully, as that leaves all others in other religions, Agnostics and Atheists out of the HOLY religious PICTURE.

Religion is all memorabilia junk that I suggest you remove from your attics "addicts!"

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556524 Aug 24, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Hagee also said that if you are not tithing (10%) that you are, "stealing from God."
-
to which I always say, "Then give me God's bank account number so I can deposit direct,'cause I don't trust the likes of John Hagee, Paul Crouch, or The Pope."
Hagee did not originate that message...God did...Hagee just repeated it for Him...

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Prince George, Canada

#556525 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is a coincidence that you believe you were chosen by Jesus and God to preach universal truth as your habit???

Prince George, Canada

#556526 Aug 24, 2014
Actually (within the wacky theology) Jesus doesn't have a biological father.

Once the Gnostic Christians chose to create their own god apart from the Abrahamic god, Jesus was then not allowed to associate with his Abrahamic father in the sky that first created him.

He had to then abide by the Christian rule of "thou shalt have no other gods before me."

That's when Jesus moved from Olam Haba to Christian heaven to spend eternity with his new Christian father.

Idiocy!

Prince George, Canada

#556527 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hagee did not originate that message...God did
Men wrote ALL religious literature.

Having faith in idiocy is EASY.

You are proof of such behavior.

You are eager to believe that the Jewish Talmud was and is based on lies ... but that the old and new testaments that were derived from the literature OF the Talmud was based on absolute universal Protestant truth.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#556528 Aug 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you read the Bible with our current language and culture and that's how you take Jesus words out of context. When He said "call no man father" 2, 000 yrs ago, if He meant it how you say, then the word "doctor" is included. You can't escape it. "call no man doctor, for you have one doctor in Heaven".
"But Liam, duh mine Bible doesn't say dat. It say father and that's that".
Yes guest, I know. This is why you're an ignorant moron.
Do you call the President "Mr President"? Your boss "mister". I hope not, that means "master". You only have one master, God. Doh!
That's what Christ meant? Christ didn't mean "call no man Father"? Why are simple scripture so hard for you.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556529 Aug 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the differences ... if any ... between a reprobate mind and a reprobate heart?
In my opinion, I think the heart, mind, and soul of man are pretty much the same thing or at least have to work as one. If not the exact same, I feel they must function as a whole because we are instructed to love the Lord with our whole hearts, soul, and minds.

Matthew 22:37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

We must use our minds to serve the Lord:

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Let's Play

#556530 Aug 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Original version of the Christian hymn
Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
they are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
My version.
Jesus doesn’t love me, this I know
For the bible tells me so
He only accepts those who belong
To the Christian faith, and that is wrong
No, Jesus doesn’t love me
The bible tells me so.
He died so that all may be free from sin.....without him no one is clean......without him no one would be saved......we all have a choice......He gives this choice to everyone and extends his love to all.....

So to me if that isn't love I don't know what is........

Prince George, Canada

#556531 Aug 24, 2014
I watched a program last evening concerning how humans with OCD and other mental problems are being helped by the following treatment.

From what I could gather it's about re-training the (plastic) brain by repetitive treatment under supervision to observe objectively that the OCD is a learned behavior. Several people that were debilitated by for instance one woman who felt guilty if she was not praying constantly for forgiveness changed her thought process and is now free from the OCD.

Amazing!

http://psychiatry.duke.edu/faculty/details/00...

Marvin S. Swartz, MD

Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences

Division Head, Social and Community Psychiatry

Location hidden

#556532 Aug 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you read the Bible and find out what those words mean.
thankfully, your opinion of me being a [brother] is moot since I know that you are not Saved.
Philippians 2:12
when Paul wrote those words to that church, he KNEW that they were Saved.
Marge, you have to be the biggest doofus on this Board
The Word of God says:
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

It do not say:
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD and boycow seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD and boycow looketh on the heart.

And it say:
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

It do not say:
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
I, boycow, search the heart, I, boycow, try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Location hidden

#556533 Aug 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I got called to Preach in 1984, the Message has never changed from then till the last time that I was Preaching. God never changes.. it is NOT the fault of GIF nor myself because you are not willing to Learn what the Bible teaches which is why he asked you what you are reading since the words make no sense, which is the reason why you don't either.
why don't you show me using the KJV where I might read these words of yours[the Bible says you will get sick or even die, lose all your rewards even, but never says you'll loose your Adoption as children of God.]
since every person gets sick at one time or another and every person dies. Is this another example of your pot induced realizations?BTW, it is to late to claim that you don't smoke pot, you have admitted it to many times on this Forum
"called of God"..As a preacher, you would not make a small pimple on Adrian's cheek...and you know which cheek I speak of...

WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.
jethro8

East Weymouth, MA

#556534 Aug 24, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick had the same problem and had to do therapy as well. Just take one day at a time. I am very happy to hear that there is no signs of cancer!! Just keep on doing what your doing!! I have been g trying to keep myself busy around the house. I am painting all the rooms and fixing things up a bit different. Landyn ( my 3 year old grandson) is now an employee of Lowes..lol They gave him a Lowes apron and took his picture and posted it on the employee's board. lol Landyn loves that store. I take him there when ever I need supplies and he walks around with his green walker and his fedora hat and says " I love Lowes" lol....He keeps me going. Fall is my favorite time of year. I am hoping to be able to get to Ma. to visit my sister.. I keep you in my prayers!!! God Bless...
what town in mass. does your sister live in? your grandson needs a walker? don't sound good.
jethro8

East Weymouth, MA

#556535 Aug 24, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bam!
Now enter the apologetics on the count of three.
One, two,.....
what comes after two?

Location hidden

#556536 Aug 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is bible only Protestants " splitting off" from each other to form another, then another, then another contradicting and inconsistent denomination!!!!!.....Many bible only's are coming to the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church----which is the ONLY CHRISTIAN Church that "continues to grow"--by over 1.5% each and every year,... While EVERY bible only Protestant continues to "decline" EVERY year....
There is more disagreement in your church than an other...

WASHINGTON, D.C., February 20, 2014 ( LifeSiteNews.com )– A worldwide poll of self-described Catholics shows significant disagreement with Catholic doctrine among many Church members.

In a poll commissioned by the Spanish television station Univision, majorities of 12,038 Catholics in 12 countries expressed beliefs against Catholic doctrine on issues like abortion, same-sex “marriage,” and contraceptive use. The Church opposes all three.

According to the poll, while Pope Francis received 87 percent approval, 57 percent of Catholics thought abortion should be legal “in some cases,” with nine percent declaring support any time. Seventy-eight percent of respondents support contraception use, 66 percent back same-sex “marriage,” and 51 percent believe women should be priests.

Thirty-eight percent of respondents believe divorce and remarriage outside of the Church means a person is living in sin, and 47 percent believe priests should be allowed to marry.
----------

Prince George, Canada

#556537 Aug 24, 2014
I forgot to mention that the program concerning the treatment of OCD and other mental illnesses was "The Nature of Things with David Suzuki."

Let's Play

#556538 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"called of God"..As a preacher, you would not make a small pimple on Adrian's cheek...and you know which cheek I speak of...
WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.
I do not think Jesus would have to die again. According to Revelations we would simply need to repent and do our first works over or he would come and remove the candle stick (light of salvation) from among us.
Revelations 2
1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#556539 Aug 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Christ meant? Christ didn't mean "call no man Father"? Why are simple scripture so hard for you.
You're a hypocrite.
"you are Peter and on this Rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". Simple Scripture, right? Oh but Jesus didn't mean those words, you say. He meant this word and that word.

Jesus held up the bread and said "this is my Body"
"unless you eat the flesh of the son of man, you have no life in you". "for my flesh is real food and my blood real drink" ..."Take this all you and eat it, for this is my Body".

Location hidden

#556540 Aug 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you read the Bible with our current language and culture and that's how you take Jesus words out of context. When He said "call no man father" 2, 000 yrs ago, if He meant it how you say, then the word "doctor" is included. You can't escape it. "call no man doctor, for you have one doctor in Heaven".
"But Liam, duh mine Bible doesn't say dat. It say father and that's that".
Yes guest, I know. This is why you're an ignorant moron.
Do you call the President "Mr President"? Your boss "mister". I hope not, that means "master". You only have one master, God. Doh!

----------
The word father denotes authority, eminence, superiority, a right to command, and a claim to particular respect. In this sense it belongs eminently to God, and it is not right to give it to men. Christian brethren are equal. God only has supreme authority. He only has a right to give laws, to declare doctrines to bind the conscience, to punish disobedience.

Christ taught that the source of all life and truth was God; and they ought not to seek or receive a title which properly belongs to him.

Of course, Catholics know that does not include them!!!!!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556541 Aug 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you another's opinion, when you are so certain that you are a new age teacher of universal "spiritual" truth?
Well now June, since your claim is invalid and a bunch of hogwash which contains no truth whatsoever, you can simply go right ahead and write what you wish to project onto me today.
You have not clue one as to what I am so certain. You project and lump together and stereotype all day every day.
<smile>

I have repeatedly told you that my approach is by no means "new age". It is older than the first human being that walked bipedally on this orb.
Foolish clowns like you June, get all caught up in the "connection" of one religon's dogma to all the others and who plagerized what from who, and who wrote what first, and where everyone is on a linear time line ... that you totally ignore what has been staring you in the face all along since you drew your first breath as a homosapien,

Riddle me this June.
WHICH "religon" is THE oldest one which you can say was NOT copied nor plagerized from another?

I'll wait.

Location hidden

#556542 Aug 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a hypocrite.
"you are Peter and on this Rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". Simple Scripture, right? Oh but Jesus didn't mean those words, you say. He meant this word and that word.
Jesus held up the bread and said "this is my Body"
"unless you eat the flesh of the son of man, you have no life in you". "for my flesh is real food and my blood real drink" ..."Take this all you and eat it, for this is my Body".
According to Catholics, Christ established the Catholic church in Mt 16:18 and Peter was the first pope.

If that be so, by did not Christ refer to the seven (7) churches as "Catholic"...why did not Christ address His Words to the "pope"??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min PELE78 854,952
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Just Think 100,752
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 20 min Just Think 659
9/11&bin 49 min REV CAROL 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min I Am No One_ 444,346
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr raj 277
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Mr Wiggley 1,013
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr truth 612,621
More from around the web