Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688691 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#556913 Aug 25, 2014
Question: Why do evangelical pastors live very wealthy?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556914 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Your a good person, and you set examples we should all follow.
I agree with you there Michael. He seems to be a really good person and a good example. I am new to this site, but after reading just a few of his posts, I felt that he is a true Christian.
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#556915 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
chuck, that is just plain stupid. a man doesn't work for free for many years and be commended as paul commended him and not love the Lord.
DEMAS LOVED THE WORLD AFTER MANY YEARS SERVING THE LORD. HE COUNTED THE COST BY KNOWING THAT PAUL AS WELL AS OTHER CHRISITANS WERE LOSING THEIR LIVES AND HE TOOK OFF.
that is as plain as plain can be.
So Judas was saved as well?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556916 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can answer my question...get back to me..
Assuming you be correct...tell me the truth in the following...
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Romans 8:38-39)
Ox,

What separates us from God???

Sin.....

Did you notice that SIN is not mentioned in your scripture that you posted???

That should tell you something, Ox....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556917 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
read into this as you will. but I know what I know.
Last year, god gave me a vision as to where I was to go to be Anointed for my heart problems. the church's Pastor is a woman(phyliss) and her husband is a Preacher also(better than her BTW). when I asked to be anointed, she stayed in her chair(she had just been operated on for it) and I said to her, come on, you were in the vision too. and she got up and prayed/anointed me also, along with another man who wore a blue shirt. it turned out this was the speaker of the hour.
after I went back and sat down, I felt a pulling and a sharp pain in my chest. God took the blockage out and I have had no pain since then.
I am not going to knock [women pastors} after that except to say, I prefer men. but when God shows you something, you got to be an idiot to go against that, and one thing I aint and that is STUPID
Thank you for clear;y showing your true spiritual status!!!! "Last year, god gave me a vision"

A slap in the face of God..

Location hidden

#556918 Aug 25, 2014
correction..clearly
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#556919 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
chuck, that is just plain stupid. a man doesn't work for free for many years and be commended as paul commended him and not love the Lord.
DEMAS LOVED THE WORLD AFTER MANY YEARS SERVING THE LORD. HE COUNTED THE COST BY KNOWING THAT PAUL AS WELL AS OTHER CHRISITANS WERE LOSING THEIR LIVES AND HE TOOK OFF.
that is as plain as plain can be.
Judas was predicted in the OT. Jesus's even said Judas was to fulfill the scriptures.

Judas a disciple, fellow worker with Christ. Saved??????? No

United States

#556920 Aug 25, 2014
and the Billionaire family of the Trinity Broadcasting Network:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/mar/23/...

they consider themselves blessed and worthy of their abundance because they are doing so much hard work for God.
Chuck

San Jose, CA

#556921 Aug 25, 2014
John 8:31Jesus said, "if you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples".

??? If you don't abide in His word were you truly a disciple???

Location hidden

#556922 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
no, it doesn't hank. Paul was speaking in Titus to a church that was having problems and he told them how to solve it. we cant add to His word by insisting that women should keep quiet in church, read my post about the older lady that God used to help me.
Plain as day:
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed

United States

#556923 Aug 25, 2014
the Crouchs' own 13 mansions .... it is what the poor people's tithe bought

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21194...

United States

#556924 Aug 25, 2014
But, of course Evangelical's wealth is NOTHING compared to the wealth of the Catholic Church ...
USA Born

AOL

#556925 Aug 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Mass readings for 8.24.14. Read and heard ALL OVER THE CATHOLIC WORLD by Catholic Christians.
Twenty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time
First Reading
Isaiah 22:19-23
19I will thrust you from your office, and you will be cast down from your station. 20In that day I will call my servant Eli'akim the son of Hilki'ah, 21and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. 22And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. 23And I will fasten him like a peg in a sure place, and he will become a throne of honor to his father's house.
Responsorial Psalm
Psalms 138:1-3, 6, 8
Second Reading
Romans 11:33-36
33O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! 34"For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?" 35"Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?" 36For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory for ever. Amen.
Gospel
Matthew 16:13-20
13Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesare'a Philip'pi, he asked his disciples, "Who do men say that the Son of man is?" 14And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Eli'jah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." 20Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ.
Yeah yeah, you worship the euchrist and Peter was a pope. What is your point? Do you even know what these scriptures mean?

Rev 3: 7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556926 Aug 25, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you there Michael. He seems to be a really good person and a good example. I am new to this site, but after reading just a few of his posts, I felt that he is a true Christian.
....You don't have to be christian to be a good person. Just be a good person.

Location hidden

#556927 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
show me where that occurred in those verses. demas quit loving God, not the other way around. I think that you aren't reading that verse correctly. it clearly states that the love of God is not in that person, in other words. that person doesn't love God, not that God doesn't love him
For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

Christ said: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him....the love of the Father is in saved people...it is not in unsaved ones...Demas was not saved..he loved the present world..

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556928 Aug 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So have they , the ones you know , received salvation?
I don't know . Only Jesus does.
I've known some very devout OSAS folks . I don't believe their theology says they should sin..at all.
I'm sure it's not preached in their Church that they should . There are always those who live in disobedience . YES?
We must all repent sin..I don't think I'd believe any preacher who told me it was,ok to sin....but teaching that Jesus FORGIVES true repentance is good ...
The ways of God are not ours and He will judge us through the Blood of His Son..not on our own good works ...that much I'm sure of .
I pray I find favor with Him as we all should.
Maybe ; WAS should be looked at in that the GOOD SHEPHERD will go after His sheep who stray .... Is He at all limited in doing this?
Peace to you and yours
RoSesZ I can tell that you are a devout Christian and that you have the love of God. I can also tell that you are studied in the word of God.

I do not know what all OSAS believe. I can only speak for the people I have been in contact with. They think that they can sin and that it doesn't matter. I don't think that you can do things like that. I think when you do that you are bringing a reproach on God. But I really don't know what they teach in church because I never have been to an OSAS church.

Peace to you and yours as well.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556929 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Judas was predicted in the OT. Jesus's even said Judas was to fulfill the scriptures.
Judas a disciple, fellow worker with Christ. Saved??????? No
I did not give you those neggies.OK? so the Bottom line is this. DONT ASK ME IF judas was Saved. did Jesus say that he was. and please show us where judas is mentioned as being a fellow worker. the Bible doesn't indicate that, so don't assume that he was. he took care of the purse is what the Bible says about him, NOTHING MORE.

you are going off the deep end to try and prove that the lie of OSAS is True and it isn't. as for me, I don't have to add anything nor assume anything concerning Demas. He was a fellow worker with the others, he loved the world and so he left the Work of God, thereby losing his soul unless he repented later. I don't know that and that was what RoS was saying also, since paul never spoke of him later if at all, at least not to ME.
Chuck

San Jose, CA

#556930 Aug 25, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>RoSesZ I can tell that you are a devout Christian and that you have the love of God. I can also tell that you are studied in the word of God.
I do not know what all OSAS believe. I can only speak for the people I have been in contact with. They think that they can sin and that it doesn't matter. I don't think that you can do things like that. I think when you do that you are bringing a reproach on God. But I really don't know what they teach in church because I never have been to an OSAS church.
Peace to you and yours as well.
I believe in eternal security. However, I don't think I can sin and it doesn't't matter.

So who are these folks you're in contact with? Obviously not true believers.....

Location hidden

#556931 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
Christ said: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him....the love of the Father is in saved people...it is not in unsaved ones...Demas was not saved..he loved the present world..
you need to read the Primer of the NT. john 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

and if His love is not in unsaved people, YOU don't have a chance.

that verse is the Clearest indication that a person can just up and walk away from God, you can rage all that you want, but it is clear as clear can be.

NO PERSON IS GOING TO ENDURE ALL THAT THEY ENDEARED AND NOT LOVE THE LORD. going back several years, Paul wouldn't take john mark with them because he didn't trust him, yet demas was with him constantly,. I understand that fully, and I am not surprised that it is over your head.

Location hidden

#556932 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in eternal security. However, I don't think I can sin and it doesn't't matter.
So who are these folks you're in contact with? Obviously not true believers.....
what about marge who smokes pot and yet claims to be a Christian and believes in OSAS.

what about oxbore and his talking filthy with his innuendoes.

and also oldjg, the filthiest talker on here, both believe in OSAS.

THOSE THREE GIVE YOUR DOCTRINE A BAD NAME.

and I know that you personally don't believe that a person can act like these three and claim to be Christ like. and I don't want this newbie(seriously) to think that of you. you and hank are two of the nicest people on this Forum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Lyndi 36,857
Mysterious cyber espionage campaign uses 'torpe... 2 hr Erratic Mind 2
Kobe Bryant top 10 Dunks: # 1 is FREAKIN INSANE 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 2 hr Johnny 13
Simpson was holding Cowlings....."hostage"..dur... 3 hr Johnny 3
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 3 hr Johnny 27
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr gabrieltard 988,455
More from around the web