Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699333 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#556896 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
How honest is it to state that no humans knows absolute truth ... and then carry on to brag that self KNOWS what message a savior gave to Christians ... while claiming that SELF is the only one that knows Jesus' REAL message?
Those are the antics of New Age Spiritual Leader.
EGO leads his WAY!
Junkology!
Prove it then.....

You sure do alot of chattering on about it....yet have once produced evidence to support your claim.

Like I said - you sound like a Catholic.....because you keep promoting untruths.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#556897 Aug 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
I know you and "seriously" have been discussing OSAS.
The problem that I see with OSAS is that it starts with presumption. And that is very dangerous in the religious sense.
One must live their life as being saved by Christ, but know that it is God Judgment with Mercy that brings us to our end. It just seems the connection with OSAS to presumption is so strong, that one begins to assume they are saved no matter what they do. So even disobedience to God, through sin may be justified in the mind.(It is in the mind of those who are terrorist bombers, setting themselves and others to death. Of course this is an extreme example. But the most often the course does not start extreme, but the direction is the same.)
Here is an interesting site that goes into detail in many scriptures about presumption:
http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseactio...
Peace
Isn't it presumptuous to think that the RCC is the "true church for salvation"?

Isn't it presumptuous to think that you will be saved if you become Catholic?......or more accurately believe you can be saved if you become Catholic?

You are running in circles again Robert.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#556898 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."
Saved people live by sound doctrine...they do not, after their own lusts, heap to themselves teachers having itchy ears. they do not turn away from the truth....non saved people do....
YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
For whom He [God] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.(Romans 8:29) God saw you before this world was put in space. He saw you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to save you. And when God saw that, not only did He foreknow it, but also He predestinated it. If it is settled in eternity how can it be undone in time?
Oxbow

Peace

You say that saved people live by sound doctrine, and non saved people do not....

I think with all the deception in the world aimed at truth, and sound doctrine, it is difficult, especially in this age to separate it out from unsound doctrine. One is often left to fend for themselves with the Bible to the best of their understanding, and this leads them to where and what they want to see.

God predestined the saved to be done so by Jesus Christ, and conformity to Him. And yet there are so many ideas about Who Jesus was, that people are led astray by their own minds, and itching ears.

Thus we lean not on our own understanding, but trust in God. We do not assume that we are automatically enrolled in heaven, but pursue often a lifetime to being near to Jesus as the Center of God's Will in our lives. The fruit of which we may not see, but God sees the heart, and the fruit.

Therefore in the beginning and end one's faith must be in Jesus. He must be the one we seek and find, even though we are in dark places in our understanding. Little by little that light of Jesus shines, and the cloudy and dark days give light to the day.

Peace
Chess

Grove City, OH

#556899 Aug 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A six year old country, driven from its own cities by Muslims who had been friends with Hitler, did a real spy operation...with the starved refugees who had barely got relocated, instead of trying to hold their own cities...I don't believe any of your post ...sorry .
You may hate Israel. I don't .
And it's a useless argument if you see them only as villains .
They are fighting for survival. Against horrid odds .
Our own intelligence was awful before 911
I've heard theories, we ourselves did it,with replanted charges.(Rosie likes that one ) Israel did it to us ....etc etc...all nonsense ....and gives our enemies great joy I'm sure .
from anti USA or Israel conspiracies buffs for years..
I don't buy it.
We will have do agree to disagree ...thing is there are people out there who hate us ...as much as they Hate Israel.
Some are right here in our country...
Our intelligence was awful, theirs was good, and they chose not to share it in an actionable way for their own purposes.

Comparing the likes of Brit Hume, Tony Snow (deceased former Bush Press Secretary), and Carl Cameron to twoofers shows your desperation to believe what you want to believe.

Israeli treachery against the US goes back to at least the Lavon Affair, a planned series of terrorist attacks against US and British interests in Egypt designed to frame the Egyptians and keep allied troops protecting the Suez Canal.

It is not about hating Israel; it is about recognizing true and false allies.

Israel is not a true ally.

Sorry for your loss.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#556900 Aug 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it presumptuous to think that the RCC is the "true church for salvation"?
Isn't it presumptuous to think that you will be saved if you become Catholic?......or more accurately believe you can be saved if you become Catholic?
You are running in circles again Robert.
NASL
Peace
Actually you have hit upon a problem in the RCC, which exists(and not in this church alone). In the RCC it came to the forefront and is known as the heresy of Jansenism. It was introduced via the ideas of Calvinism in the Protestant movements.
Presumption in salvation is a sort of line, on a personal note, when one steps over it, the salvation actually comes into doubt, because the slope gets slippery on the other side of that line.
One can live by hope in salvation, not by presumption. Hope in promises fulfilled by God.
Peace
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556901 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Your a good person, and you set examples we should all follow.
But the "end" result, is that the poster Truth, with a capital T, believes that most of the people he is helping on earth with material goods ... will spend eternity in hell, if they don't convert to the Protestant religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556902 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Like I said - you sound like a Catholic.....because you keep promoting untruths.
Catholic claim to KNOW universal truth. I don't pretend to even know if a universal truth in the absolute exists.

You comparison is faulty ... as usual.
jethro8

Hingham, MA

#556903 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't have a clue who started the Christian church, but I believe they were simply disgruntled Jews in the race to see who would be supreme ruler of the new religion.
who came up with the word christen?

United States

#556904 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tithe: The institution or obligation of paying tithes. A tax or assessment of one tenth.
An obligation is not giving...a tax is not giving...The Scripture you quoted speaks of giving...freely...has nothing to do with tithing...
No cigar...
-
-
The tithe was instituted to support the Levitical Priesthood and the Jewish Temple. When the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE, the records of the Tribe of Levi were also destroyed. The Priesthood dissolved, so too did the obligation to pay tithes.
-
Supporting the Jewish Temple is a far cry from supporting Evangelical Pastors as they live in the lap of luxury and their parishioners are suffering and going hungry. Far too many Evangelicals have made themselves filthy rich in this manner and even flaunting their wealth and declaring they have great wealth because God has 'blessed' them abundantly for their efforts.
-
So, the question becomes: To Whom Do the Evangelical Pastors pay THEIR "tithes" to? Themselves? I'll bet if their finances were scrutinized, there would be no record of their paying tithes. And not being of the Levitical Priesthood, they have no legitimate right to collect tithes.
-
Remember ...Christ had no place to lay his head and the Apostles, also, were not ones to copy the lifestyle of the Pharisees.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556905 Aug 25, 2014
<You are running in circles again Robert.
We all run in circles. We simply prefer our own thought-circles to the circular thoughts of others.
Chess

Grove City, OH

#556906 Aug 25, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
bodine? that puts me at a higher education level than you, thanks, we/they/ who ever all do the same thing, no one comes out with the whole truth only what they want you to know just like religious sects, they all have their little secrets that only a few know of, that is how it was, that is how it is and that is how it will always be. the smart move is to form a strict alliance with japan to trade technology just between the two countries with a blood oath and we could come up with technology that we would know what are enemies are going to do before they do. follow the mafia code take out your enemy before he strikes you. the most dumb ass thing we have done was George bush attacking Iraq all those years ago, to this day, it makes no sense to me. and as everyone can see we lost a lot of good men for nothing, because we are going to lose Iraq back to the extremist group/s, one town at a time, we can not afford to keep doing this, soon it will get to the point that every country in the world is going to get fed up with all this violence. the only reason we attacked Iraq in the first place is because Hussein put a 25 million dollar bounty on his fathers head, that is what that so called war was about, and they lost big time, I believe the Iraqi government expected other countries to come to their aide an help fight against us, what they didn't think about is the fact that no country in the area liked Hussein. They were happy to see him go, they should of just left him in the hole they found him in, shot him a few thousand times, then just covered him over. let the worms and other bugs dine on him. I do have to admit what Iraq would be like today if he was still running the country? would his own people get rid of him? or some militant group take him out. but again the unrest in the country is one religious sect wanted control over the country and the other group felt the same way, they should of brought in a mediator, to try an help settle their differences and get the countries affairs in order and start making millions from oil production and what ever else they could trade. war and violence solve nothing, just create more trouble, they must realize this by now. they could have a great life, if they put their differences aside and work together, no matter what sect you belong to, you all answer to the same god, so behave yourselves act like adults, don't follow the ways of the wicked, otherwise your life after your death will be worse than this one.
I'm sure you *thought* this post was relevant, Bodine.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556907 Aug 25, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
who came up with the word christen?
Is there Baptism for a Jewish baby?

There is no baptism of a Jewish child. The practice of "confirmation" or "baptism" is a Christian practice.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Is_there_Baptism_for...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556908 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Michael......

I do not take credit for anything.....I give the credit and praise to God....He does the supplying.....

I don't usually talk about things like this on a public forum but I just want to share this one thing with you....

We help the wonderful people in the country of India....it took us a while but we finally got the water well going to supply this town with fresh water......I cannot tell you what a blessing this has been on those wonderful people and they are so thankful.....

This is what I mean by being a good steward with the financial means that God supplies to us.....

We don't live in a big house and don't have anything fancy but we do share with others.....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556909 Aug 25, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
if you have relatives in Southwick I find it hard to believe you've never been there, one of the best zoos around especially for kids, they have a gated area of woods you can walk through and there are different types of deer there, I almost stepped on a baby one time I was there, I didn't even see it blended in with the back ground so well, the ex/gf yelled an pointed at it and I stepped back and it stayed perfectly still I knelt down and snapped a picture of it, I couldn't get it to eat though was probably to scared to move, the parents saw me with the baby and did nothing, they just ate an watched me. we walked further down came across another pair of deer this time they too had a baby but it was pure white, took a few shots of it and then the whole family who allowed us to walk up to them an feed them an pat the baby deer, it was so soft, my hunting instincts starting to kick in was thinking how nice the fur would make a pair of gloves and boot linings, didn't tell the g/f that would of got smacked lol, well doesn't matter now, I would like to go back there, take a friend of mine and her grandson, don't know if they have ever been there before.
the only zoo I remember was Forest Park and I believe that was in Springfield. I left Ma. when I was 18 and haven't lived there since. Only went back every few years for a visit. Last time I have been to Ma. was in 2002...Havent seen my brother's and sister since then....I remember Riverside Park in Agawam which is now called Six Flags and I remember Mountain Park in Holyoke I believe which is no more..If the zoo is as wonderful as you say I am sure your friend and her grandson will enjoy it....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556910 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
WOW Truth - we agree on something - both of these "players" are just playing to increase their wallet.
Just watching them both tells you this.....they aren't out for your "saving" - they are out for your money.
It is quite sad that those with people can't fathom greed as well as those that have no money.
Finally......

Do you know how many bible, teaching materials, food, clothing and many other things that I can supply to people in need on what Joyce Meyers is taking in???

Do you know how many people I can bring to Christ???

Being a good steward with God's money.....

United States

#556911 Aug 25, 2014

United States

#556912 Aug 25, 2014

United States

#556913 Aug 25, 2014
Question: Why do evangelical pastors live very wealthy?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556914 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you there Michael. He seems to be a really good person and a good example. I am new to this site, but after reading just a few of his posts, I felt that he is a true Christian.
Chuck

Ashburn, VA

#556915 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
chuck, that is just plain stupid. a man doesn't work for free for many years and be commended as paul commended him and not love the Lord.
DEMAS LOVED THE WORLD AFTER MANY YEARS SERVING THE LORD. HE COUNTED THE COST BY KNOWING THAT PAUL AS WELL AS OTHER CHRISITANS WERE LOSING THEIR LIVES AND HE TOOK OFF.
that is as plain as plain can be.
So Judas was saved as well?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Uncle Jack 71,308
Are black people descendents of Cain from the l... (Feb '11) 1 hr Johnny 90
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 5 hr Doctor REALITY 2
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Doctor REALITY 64
Ifitdress.com reviews (Oct '12) 5 hr lac 16
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Tellthetruth 447,350
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 6 hr Gene Ricker 483
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr Tellthetruth 994,986