Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,569
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#556368 Saturday Aug 23
jethro8 wrote:
Cincinnati archdiocese tells followers not to do ice water bucket challenge, it goes against church dogma, leave it to the Catholics to be f#^King a-holes about this, just because part of the money collected (48.1 million) so far, goes to stem cell research which they take adult who are very much alive, is it the money? it's going to a charity and not their collection plate? they have a hell of a nerve opening their mouth about people getting together to help their fellow man, where is their money going? they spend a fortune flying the pope around the world yet they can't donate to the asl cause? they condemn it instead?

the pope the Vatican and any archdiocese that agrees with Cincinnati, I condemn them to burn to the ground, you don't care about your fellow man you serve no purpose in this world.
...Hi Jethro......... don't let it bother you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556369 Saturday Aug 23
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
what you hear is hurry up lets get out of here the football game is going to start soon. cracks me up at other churches people hang around an talk to each other you go past a catholic church and people are dashing to their cars to get out of there, I bet not one really knows who belongs to their church.
Hello Jethro good to see you. Hope your doing well....God Bless

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#556370 Saturday Aug 23
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Robert.
I am not saying he should have spit on them and cursed them out. I am saying he should not have kissed something that goes completely against the Bible. To me that is just like Judas.
I don't think, Paul is saying that we should compromise our faith or lie to others by being two faced. If the Pope believes in the Christian way then he does not believe in the Qur'an. That was misleading and to me like bowing before another god. It is of course good to show yourself friendly but that doesn't mean that you have to compromise your beliefs to appease others.
seriously the original

Peace

Perhaps I can offer you a little different perspective to consider....

The Pope at that time was visiting a foreign land to extend a hand in friendship and overcome the difficulties between Christianity and Muslims. Since that time, I think things have deteriorated, don't you?

The word "compromise" of course takes on negative meanings for all involved, especially when it comes to politics and religion. So to interject that into your own thoughts on that situation means that you hold your beliefs "higher, or better" than those of others. If that is the case, then there can be no solicitude in your mind, and therefore a lack of peace concerning the beliefs of those who do not believe as you do.

Paul was a skillful man in his writings, because he was well taught not only in Judaism, but also in Greek philosophy, and Roman society. He became all things to all men, not to condemn them, but to bring them together in Jesus Christ. If a person rejects Jesus, as it is written in the Bible, does not necessarily mean that they reject Jesus( I am speaking of Muslims now), for they hold in in high regard. I could see Paul extending his hand in friendship and overcoming the difficulties between Christians and Muslims, can't you?

Although a unification of Islam and Christianity lays in the future, the future is also now for all involved, as we belong to the faith of Abraham, and the promises made to him by God. Thus it is a good idea to extend a hand in friendship rather than think one's own religion as superior. It is the Golden Rule.

So just follow what Jesus teaches....

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#556371 Saturday Aug 23
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell that you are wise in the word of God. I like reading your posts and conversing with you.
I think God lets us all know when we are sinning and doing wrong. There is a condemner inside and it lets us feel when we do wrong. However, I believe that if people continue to override the condemning of sin and continue on in it trying to justify it then the condemner will not continue to strive with us.
seriously the original

Perhaps it is the conscience which condemns....

1 Tim 4:

1But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron....

United States

#556372 Saturday Aug 23
guest wrote:
The only jewelry I wear is my medical alert necklace so a "doctor" or "nurse" or other "medical professional" will know what drugs I am allergic to.
-
Yes. I call my doctors "doctor". I would not dream of calling them 'father' because they are not my "father" - they don't deserve the title.
-
Abraham was the "father" of Isaac and grand-father of Jacob ... so the use of the term 'father' in his instance is quite appropriate.
-
Liam: "Please understand your "call no man Father" interpretation is very new.....maybe the last 150 yrs"
-
Obviously you are attempting to set precedent here with the "....maybe the last 150 yrs" argument.
-
Lets do a timeline for comparison:
-
1. Jesus said: Call NO MAN Father.
2. Pope said, call priests and popes father.
-
See? the precedent was set by Christ himself.
-
It doesn't matter how OLD or how NEW.
What matters is WHO.
-
Jesus said don't do it, I'm not gonna do it.
-
-
Liam wrote:
The problem with you and usa born is u read the Bible with your 21st century language and culture. Thats how Jesus words get twisted around..
You said "yes I call my doctor "doctor", I would not dream of calling him 'father'.
You shouldn't be calling no man "doctor" if you are true to Mathew 23:9-10
"Doctor" is the Latin word for "teacher", where you also get "Rabbi" and "father".
We ask our spiritual father's for guidance, advice, instruction etc. You do the exact same thing with your Doctor, who like the Priest, earned a degree or calling that qualifies him for that title.
-
-
When Jesus comes and explicitly tells me not to call a medical practitioner "doctor" then I will stop. How's that?
-
YOU know what the issue at hand actually is here. It has been explained over and over to you, and the mental gymnastics you go through to justify giving a mere man the title of "Father" - is obvious for all to see, and I believe, even you can see it.
-
The priest did not earn a degree qualifying him for title of "Father" - not when Jesus EXPLICITLY said do not call any man your Father for you have one and he is in heaven.
-
But, according to Catholics, Jesus just talked to hear himself talk because he knew Catholics would not listen anyhow. Oh, yeah.
-
Turning back to Bible Truth is impossible for Catholics, as it threatens the power structure of the church. The Church would implode if it turned back to the Simple TRUTH outlined in the New Testament.
Can't have such a far-reaching political institution doing the right thing, now can we?
-
sad.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556373 Saturday Aug 23
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....There are instances that the church decides that some decisions popes do is infallible and the rest of what they do can be questionable..........OK!(lol)
.....Back in the 1854 Pope Pius IX claimed the immaculate conception of Mary then a few years later the vatican council doctrine declared Mary ascended into heaven body and soul. So someone in the church authority had to declare that it was the holy spirit invoking all these infallible doctrine decisions made by the pope.
.......There have been 3 instances within 80 years of the churches 2000 year history of an officially declared Papal Infallible doctrine. The first was in 1854, when Pope Pius IX declared the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception (The blessed Virgin Mary was conceived in St. Anne's womb free from original sin), then in 1870 at the first Vatican Council when the doctrine of Papal Infalliblity was officially declared to be true, and then in 1950 by Pope Pius XII when he declared the doctrine of the Assumption (the blessed Virgin Mary was assumed body and soul into Heaven).
.....some times the pope can be infallible, sometimes not. The vatican council decides when they get the green light from the holy spirit to invoke such measures.
.......I wonder when the next council gets the green light again from the HS.
There used to be a song that was popular back in my day ... "Babe there's that green light, you're free to go. You take the high road, I'll take the low."

All devotees in religion are certain they are on the high road and others are on the low road.

If they would remove that habit, I suggest they would all see each other as simple-minded mortal human-animals.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#556374 Saturday Aug 23
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
what you hear is hurry up lets get out of here the football game is going to start soon. cracks me up at other churches people hang around an talk to each other you go past a catholic church and people are dashing to their cars to get out of there, I bet not one really knows who belongs to their church.
....things are different today Jethro.

.... Most catholics today skip church and go right to the game. At 9 o'clock Sunday mornings I see more people at my local coffee shop than those heading to church.

.......I understand those that are devout about their faith, but their numbers are dwindling.

...Vatican II has been a disaster for the church. Today we have radical priests and according to the Vatican radical feminist nuns who are defying the Vatican.

....The church needs a new plan. Scaring people doesn't work anymore.

Prince George, Canada

#556375 Saturday Aug 23
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....So June according to Pope Francis if we are wrong,(atheist, agnostic) then we will then be eligible to enter the kingdom of heaven to be with the rest of the posters on here.
....I am not getting too excited about meeting Hojo, in the after life.(lol)
....hell must be a lot smaller place than we originally thought if the Pope is increasing the number of lanes running into heaven.
Well, I'd rather spend eternity with hojo than with Jerry Falwell.

But maybe in heaven they will both be much nicer, as they will know that God will smite them if they start arguing over that Catholic and Protestant snobbery.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#556376 Saturday Aug 23
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Not according to emeritus Pope Benedict, and Pope Francis.
....Pope Benedict says "conscientious agnostics may be closer to God than ‘social’ Catholics".
http://protectthepope.com/...
Holy Cow!
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#556378 Saturday Aug 23
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There used to be a song that was popular back in my day ... "Babe there's that green light, you're free to go. You take the high road, I'll take the low."
All devotees in religion are certain they are on the high road and others are on the low road.
If they would remove that habit, I suggest they would all see each other as simple-minded mortal human-animals.
....I understand those who have a strong belief, but those trying to convince others to follow their lead doesn't work anymore.

.....I am comfortable on the low road.

Prince George, Canada

#556379 Saturday Aug 23
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Its obvious you have already pre-judged everyone based on YOUR understanding of christian only scriptures.
....I am sure there are billions of people through history never heard of Jesus, and many today for their own reasons interpret beliefs differently than you do.
....If there is a judgement day, I am sure you won't be one of the judges.
They all have pre-judged their destinies as being saved.

If that was not true, they wouldn't have the nerve to even suggest that others will spend eternity in hell.

Especially when the disclaimer IS, that according to all of them, only "God" knows who will be saved.

Prince George, Canada

#556380 Saturday Aug 23
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, people have the choice and will answer for their choice....
I guess that means you are destined to burn in Islam's hell because you didn't choose Islam as the one and only universal truth.

WHAT a bummer ... HUH???

United States

#556381 Saturday Aug 23
USA Born wrote:
A son calling his parent father is very different than a man claiming the title of "holy father" or a supposed teacher of God's Word being called father. Keep it in contex instead of disregarding it.
"If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not belie me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father." ( John 10:37-38)
How do you know the interpretation is "very new"? Can you provide any proof or are you just throwing things out there hoping they'll stick to someone?/QUOTE]
-
-
[QUOTE who="Liam"]
Because there is no record of anyone interpreting Mathew 23:8-9 like you do, prior to 150 yrs ago. I think it was the SDA movement who came up with this "call no man father" theory. Its the same old case of everyone trying to look for ways to not be Catholic. They scratch for words and phrases to justify their anti Catholicism.
Hey, if u feel justified because "the word of God says so" then so be it. I say your interpretation of Mathew 23:9 is not the word of God, its the "word of you and guest'.
Notice how every protestant group thinks they have that silver bullet. The one word that destroys Catholicism. But under all that rhetoric and slander is the truth. Kinda like Peter means "pebble". Lol. That was a big deal for hundreds of yrs, now no normal protestant scholar will touch it.
Here is more read:
www.catholic.com/tracts/call_no_man_father
-
-
THEORY? Jesus said explicitly: "Call NO Man Father." It isn't 'theory'... it's fact.
-
Silver bullets?
-
LOL! What about the MAGIC BULLET of Catholicism - which contends that the Church-Can-Do-No-Wrong?
...even after they were torturing and murdering 'heretics' for centuries on end ... and inventing new, especially heinous ways to torture ...
then blaming it on the 'secular' authorities ... which, just so happened to be CATHOLIC!

Prince George, Canada

#556382 Saturday Aug 23
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was born a Muslim, I would be questioning everything.....
Not for long. Your head would be rolling down the street.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#556383 Saturday Aug 23
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd rather spend eternity with hojo than with Jerry Falwell.
But maybe in heaven they will both be much nicer, as they will know that God will smite them if they start arguing over that Catholic and Protestant snobbery.
:)
..,No way!.....2 hours with Hojo would be eternity!!

....my favorite number is 3. Hojo's is 42,200........and he never let's you forget it.(lol)
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#556384 Saturday Aug 23
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Cow!
....I'm IN!!........even if I don't want to go. Lives good!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#556385 Saturday Aug 23
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for long. Your head would be rolling down the street.
Tee Hee Hee. Well ain't that the "troof". LOL

United States

#556386 Saturday Aug 23
Liam wrote:
The problem with you and usa born is u read the Bible with your 21st century language and culture. Thats how Jesus words get twisted around..
You said "yes I call my doctor "doctor", I would not dream of calling him 'father'.
You shouldn't be calling no man "doctor" if you are true to Mathew 23:9-10
"Doctor" is the Latin word for "teacher", where you also get "Rabbi" and "father".
We ask our spiritual father's for guidance, advice, instruction etc. You do the exact same thing with your Doctor, who like the Priest, earned a degree or calling that qualifies him for that title.
-
-
Michael wrote:
......you live too much in the past. You need to get into the 21st century with the rest of us.
-
-
well, at least he HAS / they have (Catholic priests and popes) progressed past torturing and murdering heretics .... that's a good thing .

Prince George, Canada

#556387 Saturday Aug 23
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....I am comfortable on the low road.
I will not walk a road behind
Nor will I walk ahead
I'll walk beside and share with pride
Or walk alone instead

Chris VanDerMark (my brother-in-law).
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#556389 Saturday Aug 23
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They all have pre-judged their destinies as being saved.
.....Do you honestly believe that Anthony, ReginaM. Preston, and Oxbow would say they just aren't good enough yet to be saved?

....'but they will gladly tell you in a way of speaking that you will never measure up unless you become like them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 4 min pete 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ROCCO 739,575
FIFA 15 Working Keys 7 min Posnez 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 min Isb 849
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min yon 3,105
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Aura Mytha 227,525
The Anti-Christ 14 min Bev Jamison 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Charlie Sheen 259,525
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,093
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr well 95,508