Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688928 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556833 Aug 25, 2014
Preachers of "spirituality" or "religion" MUST be assertive in the attitude that they know universal knowledge.

Otherwise they couldn't convince others to follow them. It's as simple as THAT!

But on a forum all preachers want to be followed, as you all want to be perceived as spiritual leaders.

A preacher on a forum is comparable to running into a brick wall. You can't convert others ... because other preachers are here with the sole purpose of converting you.

Checkmate!
StarC

South El Monte, CA

#556834 Aug 25, 2014
God bless Mother Teresa

Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, the future Mother Teresa, was born on 26 August 1910, in Skopje, Macedonia, to Albanian heritage. Agnes left home in September 1928, for the Loreto Convent in Rathfarnam (Dublin), Ireland, where she was admitted as a postulant on October 12 and received the name of Teresa, after her patroness, St. Therese of Lisieux.

Agnes was sent by the Loreto order to India and arrived in Calcutta on 6 January 1929. Upon her arrival, she joined the Loreto novitiate in Darjeeling. She made her final profession as a Loreto nun on 24 May 1937, and hereafter was called Mother Teresa. While living in Calcutta during the 1930s and '40s, she taught in St. Mary's Bengali Medium School.

On 10 September 1946, on a train journey from Calcutta to Darjeeling, Mother Teresa received what she termed the "call within a call," which was to give rise to the Missionaries of Charity family of Sisters, Brothers, Fathers, and Co-Workers. The content of this inspiration is revealed in the aim and mission she would give to her new institute: "to quench the infinite thirst of Jesus on the cross for love and souls" by "labouring at the salvation and sanctification of the poorest of the poor." On October 7, 1950, the new congregation of the Missionaries of Charity was officially erected as a religious institute for the Archdiocese of Calcutta.

Throughout the 1950s and early 1960s, Mother Teresa expanded the work of the Missionaries of Charity both within Calcutta and throughout India. On 1 February 1965, Pope Paul VI granted the Decree of Praise to the Congregation, raising it to pontifical right. The first foundation outside India opened in Cocorote, Venezuela, in 1965. The Society expanded to Europe (the Tor Fiscale suburb of Rome) and Africa (Tabora, Tanzania) in 1968.

From the late 1960s until 1980, the Missionaries of Charity expanded both in their reach across the globe and in their number of members. Mother Teresa opened houses in Australia, the Middle East, and North America, and the first novitiate outside Calcutta in London. In 1979 Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. By that same year there were 158 Missionaries of Charity foundations.

The Missionaries of Charity reached Communist countries in 1979 with a house in Zagreb, Craotia, and in 1980 with a house in East Berlin, and continued to expand through the 1980s and 1990s with houses in almost all Communist nations, including 15 foundations in the former Soviet Union.
From the late 1980s through the 1990s, despite increasing health problems, Mother Teresa travelled across the world for the profession of novices, opening of new houses, and service to the poor and disaster-stricken. New communities were founded in South Africa, Albania, Cuba, and war-torn Iraq. By 1997, the Sisters numbered nearly 4,000 members, and were established in almost 600 foundations in 123 countries of the world.

After a summer of travelling to Rome, New York, and Washington, in a weak state of health, Mother Teresa returned to Calcutta in July 1997. At 9:30 PM, on 5 September, Mother Teresa died at the Motherhouse. Her body was transferred to St Thomas's Church, next to the Loreto convent where she had first arrived nearly 69 years earlier. Hundreds of thousands of people from all classes and all religions, from India and abroad, paid their respects. She received a state funeral on 13 September, her body being taken in procession - on a gun carriage that had also borne the bodies of Mohandas K. Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru - through the streets of Calcutta. Presidents, prime ministers, queens, and special envoys were present on behalf of countries from all over the world.
Snipped for space, continue here....http://www.catholic.or g/clife/teresa/
Mother Teresa opened "Gift of Love" in New York, her first house for AIDS patients. In the coming years, this home would be followed by others, in the United States and elsewhere, devoted specifically for those with AIDS.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556835 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If we can't do anything to receive salvation, how can we possible keep it?
Paul says work "out" not work "for" and don't forget who is doing the work through us in v 13.
thank you. you just confirmed what that person was saying. it is conditional and God moves on us to do something then he does all of what needs to be done. without Him, we can do nothing.

we have to do something to receive salvation or else all people would be saved and we know that is not the case. could all people have been saved. yep, if they had done something about being saved, but they DIDNT.

God just doesn't lift us up and bring us to an altar of prayer, we have to get out of the Pew and walk toward the altar. and I have seen people get Saved right after they stood up and many before they ever got to the Altar.

at my First revival, the center aisle was crowded and people couldn't get to the altar and yet they got saved. they had to make an effort, just as you and I both did.

we keep our salvation, because we Love the Lord and trust and obey Him, and when we cease to do that, we stand a chance on losing that Salvation, God doesn't quit loving us, we quit loving Him.

do you or any other married man have to work on your marriage? or do you believe that you said your vows and nothing else is required? if you don't know the answer, ask your wife.

that is the comparison. marriage. husband and wife. God and your soul.

for we are married to the lamb of God. we are his bride.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#556836 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul doesn't have the Authority to say who will be called to be a Preacher, nor could he pass that onto timothy.read romans 11;29 and find out who is responsible for calling Ministers.
My momma didn't call me and my daddy didn't send me.
It was God.
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to him,“Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.

**Paul was a chosen instrument of God. I'm thinking he had the authority.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556837 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul doesn't have the Authority to say who will be called to be a Preacher.
The biblical character Paul should not be the issue.

It is you who has called on your self to be a preacher of the supposed one and only universal truth.

It is YOUR OWN vanity that drives YOU to "distraction."

Location hidden

#556838 Aug 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Put them to the test, Clay, as I have done numerous times.....
Should we not be a good steward with God's money???
are you trying to tell clay that she overpaid on a 262,000 commode. shame on you.lol
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556839 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is saying that a woman cannot be used by God in a church. He does however say they cannot be pastors/ preachers.
One of the qualifications of a pastor is the husband of one wife. So unless God has changed His stance on same-sex marriage (which He has not) women cannot be pastors.
Chuck,

We must understand the order of creation reflects our God-given role.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#556840 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
we cant add to His word .
What makes you think that you have read His entire "Word" in the first place?
What makes you think that He speaks the exact same to everyone who are as diverse as the snowflakes?
What makes you think that He NOW has nothing MORE to say?

I have a few books concerning computers. One of them is titled "The Complete Study and History of Computers"
It was printed in 1969 and is a real hoot to read today.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556841 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
ther are people who are poor in this World that Preach the Word of God without being paid, and there are people like her who are wealthy and got that way by the backs of other people who are naïve and/or ignorant. people like her have got their reward on this earth with nothing to show for it in heaven.
Now the bible says that the laborer is worthy of his hire, and I have no problem if a Pastor is paid for his labor, that is biblical, But the preacher that preaches because he loves the Lord will have many rewards awaiting him when he gets to heaven, while people like her probably will never make it to heaven when they die.
I understand that women want to listen to her just because she is a woman, in Gods eye, that is no excuse.
Preston,

My wife wouldn't give Joyce Meyers the time of day....LOL.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556842 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
are you trying to tell clay that she overpaid on a 262,000 commode. shame on you.lol
LOL....

Good one, Preston......

Location hidden

#556843 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH OH ... now even Aquarius has lost favor with your SELF.
:)
NOW who will agree with your sermons but you and Jesus???
:)
If you think that was what New Age was trying to convey to you, then you are even more dillusional and less intelligent than I thought.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#556844 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't quit loving us, we quit loving Him.
2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

* You said God doesn't stop loving us. Then clearly Demas was not saved.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#556845 Aug 25, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus spoke in parables, but stated blessed are your ears for they hear and your eyes for they see. In order to understand his words and know what he wants you have to have faith in him and pray for the understanding of the words of God. The Bible was given by divine instruction. It is a great mystery to them who are without, but to them who believe and study it.....it opens up.
I am sorry but that is all I can say about it. Before I got saved it was a parable unto me and I couldn't fully understand it, but when I truly got saved and began to pray for the understanding it began to open unto me and I am amazed at it.
Totally agree. It amazes me sometimes how I think I understood something , such as a parable or even how things happened in the OT, then another layer of understanding is given to us.
It can be , well just light a light coming on...

Can you just imagine learning things in heaven..I think next to the joy and love of being with God ,our Anna, Our Lord , The Spirit continuously and our brothers and sisters , that would be on the top of my list for blessings,:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#556846 Aug 25, 2014
Our ABBA, sorry my kindle thinks t knows what I mean,lol

Location hidden

#556847 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
OH OH ... I made a HUGE error.
Aquarius is still in favor with New Age Spiritual Leader and Jesus.
Hahahahahaha
I have learned something from sheer observation, and trial and error from my many years as a fly fisherman June.
One of them is that the old flies work VERY well in this "new age" day of flyfishermen.
The VAST majority of those new age fishermen think that the fish have seen all the old patterns and therefore they must come up with some new patterns with which to fool the fish.
Taint true June.
The old patterns represent the bugs very well and neither the fish, nor the bugs, have changed since those old patterns were first designed and tied to a hook.
MOST new age flyfishermen think that the new materials and patterns somehow emulate and simulate the bugs better than the natural materials used to tie the old patterns, and they make great orations and write lengthy thesis on proving they are right. They travel the world giving new age tying demonstrations and some charge great sums to be "taught" by the celebrated flyfishing gurus of the world.
You see though June, the thing is;
Fish can not read.
Therefore, like the bumble bee, the fish are unaware that they should not bite the old patterns, just as the bumble bee is unaware that the "experts" in the field of physics say that he can not fly.

Your problem June is not that many men have distorted the truth and you have fallen victim to their deceit and treachery, it is simply that you CAN read, and have given up on feeling and experiencing the very real and natural essence of the Great Mystery.

What is the difference between thinking and knowing June?
Is there a difference?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#556848 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When a pope decides to jump into a river to be baptized as a Protestant ... then I will consider the Jesus-story of him choosing to be baptized as a Christian actually has a ring of truth to it.
But as a Catholic pope will never stoop so low as to choose to be baptized by a Protestant ... I'm safe to make that silly statement.
Hi June bug,

Today you will learn one more thing about our Pope....
June the Pope is already baptized when he become a Pope.
Just so you know when a protestant becomes Catholic, the Church accepted the protestant baptism. Eph "one baptism , one Faith"

Have a great day, time to get on with life!
^..^

Location hidden

#556849 Aug 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,
My wife wouldn't give Joyce Meyers the time of day....LOL.....
Me neither because I have seen that Rolex on her wrist and I am assuming that for the price that thing cost ... it is fully capable of letting her know what time it is anyway.
<cough>

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#556850 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.
1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
* You said God doesn't stop loving us. Then clearly Demas was not saved.
That they left Paul was awful..
Is it possible Paul was given more grace to endure??? For his greater works?
Did not Jesus know how strong Paul was in choosing him in the first place?
Do we know,That Demas was weaker? It seems,he was.

Do we know,that Demas never again spread the gospel that he learned at Paul's teaching and the grace of God...did he repent of leaving Paul???
Did Jesus forgive him.?

We know none of these things.

Location hidden

#556851 Aug 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Our ABBA, sorry my kindle thinks t knows what I mean,lol
It seems to me that it is the human behind that kindle who has assumed to know your mind.
Just sayin'.

Location hidden

#556852 Aug 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi June bug,
Today you will learn one more thing about our Pope....
June the Pope is already baptized when he become a Pope.
Just so you know when a protestant becomes Catholic, the Church accepted the protestant baptism. Eph "one baptism , one Faith"
Have a great day, time to get on with life!
^..^
I like how you wrote that without a comma after the word "June".
June the Pope.
Can I use that?
Pope June.
Or would Popeless June be more appropriate?
<wink>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min oneear69 988,602
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min old_moose 37,311
You are of your father.....the devil 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul is dead 77
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr my opinions 459
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,553
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 8 hr HFCS - What It Is 8
More from around the web