Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695378 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556812 Aug 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray I find favor with Him as we all should.
When you place faith in the dogma that others deserve eternal hell ... do you honestly believe that YOU "deserve" to find favor from a creator ... if one should happen to exist???

REALLY???

I wouldn't believe that I would deserve eternal bliss for believing that others deserve eternal hell.

Not a chance! For entertaining such a nasty belief ... I would believe that 'I' was the one to deserve eternal hell.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556813 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
no, it doesn't hank. Paul was speaking in Titus to a church that was having problems and he told them how to solve it. we cant add to His word by insisting that women should keep quiet in church, read my post about the older lady that God used to help me.
Preston,

A woman in the role of leadership over men would violate the order God set for this world...

But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Women do have roles to play and functions to perform with the Body of Christ.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#556814 Aug 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
You ask for some evidence that God interacts with His Creation. It is as simple as the parting of the Red Sea(and as complex).
Lame.

There is no physical proof of this.....you now lean on belief in men.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>To extrapolate, there are going to be believers, and there are going to be non-believers in God. It is your choice(God given of course). So this is proof enough that God interacts with His Creation. You may choose to reject it, but that is the simple evidence, you always want cited.
Since you believe more in science than religion, is there any doubt in your mind why you choose science?
My choice shows that "God" is not in control - but my "Self" is more visible and active.

"Simple evidence?" You are blinded by men. Why do they call things mysteries if there is evidence?

You are confused.

"Since you believe more in science than religion, is there any doubt in your mind why you choose science?"
- Evidence is clearly more available.
- Research also shows and indicates that religious views came from individuals imagination - or - other cultures and they just changed them around or expanded upon them.

Thanks for responding.

Albuquerque, NM

#556815 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I went along happily in loony tune-land with your "spiritually-atoned-to-Je sus' leadership" I suggest you would not criticize what I believe, as you would be certain I had elevated my self to your supreme Gnostic knowledge.
But you haven't - because you lack logic and understanding. Instead you prefer opinion and surface words to extract your points.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#556816 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
no, it doesn't hank. Paul was speaking in Titus to a church that was having problems and he told them how to solve it. we cant add to His word by insisting that women should keep quiet in church, read my post about the older lady that God used to help me.
No one is saying that a woman cannot be used by God in a church. He does however say they cannot be pastors/ preachers.

One of the qualifications of a pastor is the husband of one wife. So unless God has changed His stance on same-sex marriage (which He has not) women cannot be pastors.

Location hidden

#556817 Aug 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly why these people are wealthy, Michael.....
People don't question these people and don't understand the Word of God......
ther are people who are poor in this World that Preach the Word of God without being paid, and there are people like her who are wealthy and got that way by the backs of other people who are naïve and/or ignorant. people like her have got their reward on this earth with nothing to show for it in heaven.

Now the bible says that the laborer is worthy of his hire, and I have no problem if a Pastor is paid for his labor, that is biblical, But the preacher that preaches because he loves the Lord will have many rewards awaiting him when he gets to heaven, while people like her probably will never make it to heaven when they die.

I understand that women want to listen to her just because she is a woman, in Gods eye, that is no excuse.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#556820 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
read into this as you will. but I know what I know.
Last year, god gave me a vision as to where I was to go to be Anointed for my heart problems. the church's Pastor is a woman(phyliss) and her husband is a Preacher also(better than her BTW).
Lets look at God's Word to see what He says:

1 Timothy... An overseer, then, must be above reproach, THE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

Albuquerque, NM

#556821 Aug 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Exactly my point I've made since the beginning of me posting.
So-called "Christians" don't have a clue on what they believe - especially when they mock Jesus and then praise him.
Dishonesty is a trait of Christianity.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you honest when you state for a fact that your thoughts are aligned to the thoughts of Jesus, when you admitted to me that you don't even know if Jesus existed???
I only state facts that there are Jesus teachings present outside what organized religion teaches.

I've never "stated for a fact that your thoughts are aligned to the thoughts of Jesus," - please don't put words into my mouth. This shows you are trying to be deceitful and misleading.

And correct - I do not know if Jesus physically existed or if he was just a metaphoric symbol.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>And please answer this question. Do you believe that Jesus preached that all wayward souls would be saved, or did he preach that some would be lost for eternity???
I don't believe he preached this in the way you expressed it.

IMHO - he basically showed that the "spirit" would transcend into a another world/realm - a spiritual one - supposedly controlled by "His Father" . That is all you have, so don't play more on it or into it....you ain't got nothing else.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Come ON ... you brag about being WISE ... so surely you KNOW those ANSWERS.
I don't brag about anything June.

Please - if you are going to make up things about me, then please don't post your slander to me.....it shows you have not control over ego, but expressing your arrogance.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556822 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
But you haven't - because you lack logic and understanding.
Well, carry on with your Gnostic Christian sermons of what Jesus believes, and see how many readers flock to your SELF's logic and understanding.

It won't be me.

By the way ... did you create your own spirit ... or did a god happen along the way to first create your spirit?

Silly humans!

Albuquerque, NM

#556823 Aug 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:

I have repeatedly told you that my approach is by no means "new age". It is older than the first human being that walked bipedally on this orb.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious self-buffoonery.
but yet you could only respond childishly with this comment.

No support for your response? No evidence to retort with? No sources to show that it is "buffoonery"?

I see.....you don't have anything, but love to hear yourself speak and love to see your unfounded posts.

Carry on.

Location hidden

#556825 Aug 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, but under sola scripture, she has as much right to interpret that Bible than you, presto, marge,
confrint or anyone else. It sucks but how can you call her a false teacher when she clearly basis everything on the Bible??
to many churches, this disqualifies her immediately.

A graduate of O'Fallon Technical High School in St. Louis, she married a part-time car salesman shortly after her senior year of high school. The marriage lasted for five years. She maintains that her husband frequently cheated on her and persuaded her to steal payroll checks from her employer. They used the money to go on a vacation to California. She states that she returned the money years later.[1]

After her divorce, Meyer frequented local bars before meeting Dave Meyer, an engineering draftsman. They were married on January 7, 1967. and now divorced from him?

just another scam artist.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556826 Aug 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, but under sola scripture, she has as much right to interpret that Bible than you, presto, marge,
confrint or anyone else. It sucks but how can you call her a false teacher when she clearly basis everything on the Bible??
Put them to the test, Clay, as I have done numerous times.....

Should we not be a good steward with God's money???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556827 Aug 25, 2014
Actually those that refer to their selves as the "spiritual" pundits are more FUN than the religious pundits.

They try to claim that they are not religious ... they are JUST spiritual.

They believe that religion is a disgusting word!

Hilarious.

Location hidden

#556828 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets look at God's Word to see what He says:
1 Timothy... An overseer, then, must be above reproach, THE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
good recommendations aren't they? but they are only that, recommendations.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556829 Aug 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
I have repeatedly told you that my approach is by no means "new age". It is older than the first human being that walked bipedally on this orb.
<quoted text>
but yet you could only respond childishly with this comment.
No support for your response? No evidence to retort with? No sources to show that it is "buffoonery"?
I see.....you don't have anything, but love to hear yourself speak and love to see your unfounded posts.
Carry on.
OH OH ... now even Aquarius has lost favor with your SELF.

:)

NOW who will agree with your sermons but you and Jesus???

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556830 Aug 25, 2014
OH OH ... I made a HUGE error.

Aquarius is still in favor with New Age Spiritual Leader and Jesus.

Hahahahahaha

Location hidden

#556831 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is saying that a woman cannot be used by God in a church. He does however say they cannot be pastors/ preachers.
One of the qualifications of a pastor is the husband of one wife. So unless God has changed His stance on same-sex marriage (which He has not) women cannot be pastors.
Paul doesn't have the Authority to say who will be called to be a Preacher, nor could he pass that onto timothy.read romans 11;29 and find out who is responsible for calling Ministers.

My momma didn't call me and my daddy didn't send me.

It was God.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556832 Aug 25, 2014
But a mystery remains. Aquarius doesn't preach about knowing the mentality of "Jesus. "

Aquarius insists that knowledge is everywhere ... even in me ... if only I could bring it to the surface as has already occurred with Aquarius.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556833 Aug 25, 2014
Preachers of "spirituality" or "religion" MUST be assertive in the attitude that they know universal knowledge.

Otherwise they couldn't convince others to follow them. It's as simple as THAT!

But on a forum all preachers want to be followed, as you all want to be perceived as spiritual leaders.

A preacher on a forum is comparable to running into a brick wall. You can't convert others ... because other preachers are here with the sole purpose of converting you.

Checkmate!
StarC

South El Monte, CA

#556834 Aug 25, 2014
God bless Mother Teresa

Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, the future Mother Teresa, was born on 26 August 1910, in Skopje, Macedonia, to Albanian heritage. Agnes left home in September 1928, for the Loreto Convent in Rathfarnam (Dublin), Ireland, where she was admitted as a postulant on October 12 and received the name of Teresa, after her patroness, St. Therese of Lisieux.

Agnes was sent by the Loreto order to India and arrived in Calcutta on 6 January 1929. Upon her arrival, she joined the Loreto novitiate in Darjeeling. She made her final profession as a Loreto nun on 24 May 1937, and hereafter was called Mother Teresa. While living in Calcutta during the 1930s and '40s, she taught in St. Mary's Bengali Medium School.

On 10 September 1946, on a train journey from Calcutta to Darjeeling, Mother Teresa received what she termed the "call within a call," which was to give rise to the Missionaries of Charity family of Sisters, Brothers, Fathers, and Co-Workers. The content of this inspiration is revealed in the aim and mission she would give to her new institute: "to quench the infinite thirst of Jesus on the cross for love and souls" by "labouring at the salvation and sanctification of the poorest of the poor." On October 7, 1950, the new congregation of the Missionaries of Charity was officially erected as a religious institute for the Archdiocese of Calcutta.

Throughout the 1950s and early 1960s, Mother Teresa expanded the work of the Missionaries of Charity both within Calcutta and throughout India. On 1 February 1965, Pope Paul VI granted the Decree of Praise to the Congregation, raising it to pontifical right. The first foundation outside India opened in Cocorote, Venezuela, in 1965. The Society expanded to Europe (the Tor Fiscale suburb of Rome) and Africa (Tabora, Tanzania) in 1968.

From the late 1960s until 1980, the Missionaries of Charity expanded both in their reach across the globe and in their number of members. Mother Teresa opened houses in Australia, the Middle East, and North America, and the first novitiate outside Calcutta in London. In 1979 Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. By that same year there were 158 Missionaries of Charity foundations.

The Missionaries of Charity reached Communist countries in 1979 with a house in Zagreb, Craotia, and in 1980 with a house in East Berlin, and continued to expand through the 1980s and 1990s with houses in almost all Communist nations, including 15 foundations in the former Soviet Union.
From the late 1980s through the 1990s, despite increasing health problems, Mother Teresa travelled across the world for the profession of novices, opening of new houses, and service to the poor and disaster-stricken. New communities were founded in South Africa, Albania, Cuba, and war-torn Iraq. By 1997, the Sisters numbered nearly 4,000 members, and were established in almost 600 foundations in 123 countries of the world.

After a summer of travelling to Rome, New York, and Washington, in a weak state of health, Mother Teresa returned to Calcutta in July 1997. At 9:30 PM, on 5 September, Mother Teresa died at the Motherhouse. Her body was transferred to St Thomas's Church, next to the Loreto convent where she had first arrived nearly 69 years earlier. Hundreds of thousands of people from all classes and all religions, from India and abroad, paid their respects. She received a state funeral on 13 September, her body being taken in procession - on a gun carriage that had also borne the bodies of Mohandas K. Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru - through the streets of Calcutta. Presidents, prime ministers, queens, and special envoys were present on behalf of countries from all over the world.
Snipped for space, continue here....http://www.catholic.or g/clife/teresa/
Mother Teresa opened "Gift of Love" in New York, her first house for AIDS patients. In the coming years, this home would be followed by others, in the United States and elsewhere, devoted specifically for those with AIDS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Riverside Rednek 59,316
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 30 min Libs R Dumbacrats 3
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 1 hr How does it feel 93
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Robert F 994,029
topix is a joke and unfair to the people who s... (Jan '09) 7 hr Ricky F 27
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr verykinky 446,246
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 15 hr Doctor REALITY 38
More from around the web