Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641470 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556724 Aug 25, 2014
Isn't it "fascinating" how one scripture can be used to discount another scripture?

The bible is full of contradictions ... simply because it was compiled by men with contradictory mentalities.

Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556725 Aug 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kidding right? JW are EVERY WHERE!!!
.....There is 1 jahova witness for every 276 american citizens. Just over 1 million in the USA, but their numbers are increasing more than 1.5% per year that Hojo said catholics are increasing.

....I have been to a JW funeral several years ago. A friend from work died. The service was in a union type hall, people were friendly, no big deal!, without the plush carpeting, gold chalices,, priceless stained glass windows and expensive oak panneling that you find in any given church setting.

....Over the years many have come to our door. Never an issue or a problem. Everyone is welcome. I chat tell them I am not interested they leave with a smile, and leave me pamphlet

.....I am not like wounded warrior Preston who sits at his front door waiting for them ready to run them off with a shot gun.

Prince George, Canada

#556726 Aug 25, 2014
The Jews with their one-god-dogma considered their selves to be wise SCRIBES.

They were SO wise that they out-smarted their selves.

The ex-Jew Christians with their crafty theologians in great numbers created a god of their own, and out-smarted the Jews with the following catastrophic results.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556727 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Whenever I would pick up my KJV bible to study it, my guts would get into a knot. I just knew intuitively that it was a book that would pit me against my neighbors if I allowed my self to believe that I was saved while others deserved eternal hell.
I suggest that such teaching originally stemmed from mental illness, and that is "why" my conscience did not want me to welcome it into my thought-process as being based on universal truth.
You should have been praying for others and trying to help others come to the KNOWLEDGE of the the TRUTH so that they could be saved.......

Let's Play

#556728 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Isn't it "fascinating" how one scripture can be used to discount another scripture?
The bible is full of contradictions ... simply because it was compiled by men with contradictory mentalities.
Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
You have to take it as a whole and it all goes hand in hand. There have been a few times when I would say to some on here now read the rest of that chapter. Reason being it explained it and all of it together made the whole not just one picked out verse.

Prince George, Canada

#556729 Aug 25, 2014
Of course the Jews would have been angry at the Ex-Jew Christian theologians for writing a lie that the Jews killed Jesus because they were jealous of his love for only Christians.

In earth-"time" THAT would be why the Jews wanted to kill the Christians.

That LIE was a dandy.

A Jew came to earth (the spawn of a Jewish God) and being raised and trained to be a full-fledged Jewish Rabbi (King of the Jews)... suddenly goes off his BEAM and jumps into the river Jordon to be baptized by Saint John into the Christian religion.

Some Christian theologian ought to have CHOKED on that lie it was SO HUGE.

Prince George, Canada

#556730 Aug 25, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>You should have been praying for others and trying to help others come to the KNOWLEDGE of the the TRUTH so that they could be saved.......
You are a will-filled idiot!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556731 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text> To each their own, I guess. I choose to believe in the truth....not some false doctrine that was invented to lead men astray.....
.....Prove to us what was written is the truth? Prove to us that the 4 names associated with the gospels were the actual men who wrote them?

....All the stories were written by fallable men. Do you really believe God would put his trust in men to speak on his behalf?

...You have a belief. Just like each of the 42,300 protestant sects,(according to Hojo) just like Islam, like Jews, like Hindus, buddhists, etc. they all have their beliefs taught to them and believed by them in their hearts as much as you believe in your belief.

.....I not saying you are wrong, but its a stretch to claim your belief is the Truth.

....Wouldn't God want everyone on the same path? Why wouldn't God back in the day speak to everyone in the world explaining his plan, instead of today a mishmash of christianity, and dozens of other beliefs that keep coming and going.

......Our world has much hatred, and organized religion is the core of that problem.

Prince George, Canada

#556732 Aug 25, 2014
When a pope decides to jump into a river to be baptized as a Protestant ... then I will consider the Jesus-story of him choosing to be baptized as a Christian actually has a ring of truth to it.

But as a Catholic pope will never stoop so low as to choose to be baptized by a Protestant ... I'm safe to make that silly statement.

Prince George, Canada

#556733 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

Why wouldn't God back in the day speak to everyone in the world explaining his plan
The claim of the theologians (scribes) was that the god DID speak to them ... but ONLY to them "personally."

His secret was safe with THEM of course ... sarcasm intended. It was just others that the creator denied to give any "knowledge" .. because they were EVIL and not worthy of knowing universal truth.

That was the VAIN story of the theologians (scribes) that held the power over followers with their blatant lies of claiming to know "secret" universal truth.

Let's Play

#556734 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Prove to us what was written is the truth? Prove to us that the 4 names associated with the gospels were the actual men who wrote them?
....All the stories were written by fallable men. Do you really believe God would put his trust in men to speak on his behalf?
...You have a belief. Just like each of the 42,300 protestant sects,(according to Hojo) just like Islam, like Jews, like Hindus, buddhists, etc. they all have their beliefs taught to them and believed by them in their hearts as much as you believe in your belief.
.....I not saying you are wrong, but its a stretch to claim your belief is the Truth.
....Wouldn't God want everyone on the same path? Why wouldn't God back in the day speak to everyone in the world explaining his plan, instead of today a mishmash of christianity, and dozens of other beliefs that keep coming and going.
......Our world has much hatred, and organized religion is the core of that problem.
Jesus spoke in parables, but stated blessed are your ears for they hear and your eyes for they see. In order to understand his words and know what he wants you have to have faith in him and pray for the understanding of the words of God. The Bible was given by divine instruction. It is a great mystery to them who are without, but to them who believe and study it.....it opens up.

I am sorry but that is all I can say about it. Before I got saved it was a parable unto me and I couldn't fully understand it, but when I truly got saved and began to pray for the understanding it began to open unto me and I am amazed at it.

Prince George, Canada

#556735 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The hatred is based on the jealousy of "How DARE you claim that the creator loves YOU and not ME, when It SAYS right in my religious literature that 'I' am his favorite 'subject?' If you want to be saved, you MUST believe as MY religion TEACHES you to believe."

Let's Play

#556736 Aug 25, 2014
Michael,
I don't think the Bible teaches us to hate anyone but to love everyone and pray that all should come to the knowledge of the truth. I do not know all things myself I am ever learning as the Bible says. I am not proclaiming any denomination because I love everyone. I have said before I can worship God with anyone who is worshiping him to the best of their ability and following his word and has his love within their hearts....it doesn't matter to me which denomination they are from.
In Revelations it speaks of the seven churches. So in my opinion there is not just one church that will make it to heaven, but any that is doing the will of God.

Prince George, Canada

#556737 Aug 25, 2014
The religious scribe before writing should have been expected to KNOW universal truth. Otherwise he should have kept his pen to his self, as he had no right to earn his living by promoting gossip of vain-men as being based on universal truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

scribe

a person who copies out documents, especially one employed to do this before printing was invented

https://www.google.ca/...

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556738 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are obscure, then even YOU, with your self-perceived WISDOM, can't understand those "things."
Your statement is as silly as the Gnostic Christians claiming to know "secret knowledge."
If it's a secret, it can't BE known.
"secret knowledge"?
ROTFLMAO

It is faaaaar from a secret dear.
You are completely encompassed by this "secret".
It is all around you dear.
ROTFLMAO

Prince George, Canada

#556739 Aug 25, 2014
Of course if I found an easy living by promoting lies as universal truth, I might just fall prey to my own self-centered will.

After all, being a scribe was an easy living compared to emptying the stinky pots of the religious leaders of kingdoms that sat on thrones in the guise of being chosen as the creator's truth-preaching servants on earth.

As long as the scribes wrote what they were expected to write, they shared in "God's" bounty ... so yes, I probably would have written lies in trade of earthly comforts.

Why NOT jump on the bandwagon with all the other liars???

It makes total sense!

Prince George, Canada

#556740 Aug 25, 2014
Thomas Aquinas was warned that his abilities as a scribe were not what the pope of the day expected ... so Thomas learned for fear of his own death to write exactly what the creator had dictated via mental telepathy to the pope. Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>

Din Timelines

World History Timelines

x - Thomas Aquinas * was summoned before a council at Lyons to answer for his opinions. He was publicly chastised but not condemned.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556741 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the basis of a spiritual law, that I call the “IF” YOU DO “THEN” I WILL DO LAW!
Well then, if that is true, then salvation is NOT a gift of God.
No rational person gives a gift and then says,'Oh BTW, I will take the gift back if you do not do as I say'.
That is neither a gift nor a benevolent position.
It is coercion sir.

Legal definition of coercion:
Coercion generally means to impose one's will on another by means of force or threats. Coercion may be accomplished through physical or psychological means.

Prince George, Canada

#556742 Aug 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"secret knowledge"?
ROTFLMAO
It is faaaaar from a secret dear.
You are completely encompassed by this "secret".
It is all around you dear.
ROTFLMAO
Of course you believe universal knowledge is a secret to ME and not to you. Otherwise why are you on a forum wanting to teach me to rise to your ability to KNOW universal spiritual truth.

Idiot!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556743 Aug 25, 2014
Michael,
I don't think the Bible teaches us to hate anyone but to love everyone and pray that all should come to the knowledge of the truth. I do not know all things myself I am ever learning as the Bible says. I am not proclaiming any denomination because I love everyone. I have said before I can worship God with anyone who is worshiping him to the best of their ability and following his word and has his love within their hearts....it doesn't matter to me which denomination they are fro
In Revelations it speaks of the seven churches.

.....So in my opinion there is not just one church that will make it to heaven, but any that is doing the will of God.
.....there are christian posters on this forum who do not belong to a church.

......If you are happy with your life that's all that matters. I don't believe you need to throw life preservers to the rest of us..........well!.....Maybe Hojo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min lightbeamrider 38,051
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Peace_Warrior 618,384
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 22 min DENG 38,349
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 23 min Tony 6,053
Play "end of the word" part 2 35 min WasteWater 1,719
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 41 min Johnny 4,096
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min DebraE 104,651
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr New Age Spiritual... 969,958
More from around the web