Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699654 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556507 Aug 24, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused about the last name, dummy.
The terms "Jesus the Christ" AND "Jesus Christ" are both male-created dogmas.

You can believe whichever suits your agenda, but that is only YOU believing you are WISE and in total control of universal truth ... which is a game played by fools.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556508 Aug 24, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Christians would be fools to hitch their wagons to them.
Yet the fundamentalists do.
Odd that, eh?
If they hitched their wagon to your star, would you then believe they would be WISE?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#556509 Aug 24, 2014
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
Whatever "is" will happen to us when we die. Not what belief system we happen to be into while we were alive. Whatever will be, will be. Whatever that is, as it were. And none among the living know what that is. And the dead won’t tell.
Where do you get off telling me anything about my path? All you could possibly speak about is YOUR path. Belief systems are just that, systems that can be changed. I will change my belief systems to whatever pleases me and you will do likewise. Whatever "is" will happen to all of us when we die no matter what our belief systems are. Maybe there is a creator, maybe there is not. You and I sure as hell don't know.
So here is proof that all religions are violent.*****
The koran, the bible, the talmud, the torah, in short all sacred religious books, cannot be taken any more seriously than Harry Potter, or Romancing The Stone. They were all written by humans. Humans tell stories and fabricate things to make sense of the world around them.
And let us not forget that the men who did write these books managed to get a good thing going for them in their time. Unemployment and being able to get enough beer was a problem then too. Way back then if you could not get a bunch of people behind you to protect you, feed you, make beer for you, and take care of you, why gosh you had to do it yourself.
Much easier to go out alone into the desert for a while and come back muttering god spoke to you. You just have to appear a little disheveled, waving a book or a tablet of stone, claiming god dictated every word. Look at many of the worlds major religions. They started just this way.
Can you say cult? Christianity indeed all the major religions of the world can be traced back to when primitive man foraging for something to eat, ate psychedelic mushrooms.
In short there is no god and you were created by your mom. The sole purpose of biology is to replicate. Virii and bacteria only live to make more examples of each other. When they can’t make any more they die. Life though seemingly complex is really pretty simple.
Uh Huh Eh !
Can you say "nuts"?

Dummy.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556510 Aug 24, 2014
Those men of the Rosicrucian Order certainly captivated the mentality of my father with their promise that they would feed him universal truth bit by bit if he sent them his money in return for their words.
>>>>>>> >

Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.

Vere adeptus (Lat. one who has truly attained). A title assumed by one admitted to the fraternity of the ROSICRUCIANS.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556511 Aug 24, 2014
The flamboyant nudist father of Wicca was also a member of the Rosicrucian Order before he started the new fad of Wicca ... based of course on lies that suited his agenda.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Wicca the “old” religion??

And now the Truth

CIRCA 1954 A.D.---Wicca Is Born

The exact date Wicca was created isn’t known. Wicca seems to have been an ongoing project for a while (between 1939-1954)...evolving in stages, being shaped by different people...over a period of years. The person who is credited with actually creating Wicca is a Brit named Gerald Gardner, a feminist, nudist and retired rubber plantation manager. After retiring Gardner , moved from Malaysia, back to England and settled in the New Forest area. While there he became involved with the esoteric groups there, mainly a group calling itself "The Rosicrucian Theater", which was said to have consisted of Theosophists and the usual occult types.

http://usminc.org/oldreligion.html
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556512 Aug 24, 2014
The flamboyant idea that devotees in religions perceive other religions as cults and their own religions as being based on universal truth is laughable ... or at least it should be laughable by ALL!

When I was still under the spell of religion, I was willing to see that those caught in the spells of other religious indoctrinations had the right to perceive that what I believed was cultish to them.

I had to first be willing to see from their points of view that my religious infatuation was false before I finally chose to leave my religious infatuation as BEING false.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556513 Aug 24, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
The Bible says people who do not like to retain God in their knowledge shall be turned over to a reprobate mind.
There are many reprobates in this world.
What are the differences ... if any ... between a reprobate mind and a reprobate heart?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556514 Aug 24, 2014
Back when I first started studying Wicca and its many self-serving dogmas, I was chastized by a bisexual supporter of Wicca when I exposed the idea that Wiccans took to the Alex Sander version of the goddess loving everybody rather than Gerald Gardner's version of the goddess cursing homosexuals.

He couldn't understand that if I was for gay rights, why I would want to dig in to Wicca's past rather than accepting that Wicca had always taught that homosexuals were LOVED by the goddess.

I knew those Wiccans and supporters of Wicca were hiding something ... but I didn't know WHAT they were hiding.

There was a reason that they were calling me a whole lot of nasty names. They didn't want me to know that Gerald Gardner, the father of Wicca had actually been a homophobe.

All religion has everything to hide, when it claims to preach universal truth.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556515 Aug 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the differences ... if any ... between a reprobate mind and a reprobate heart?
Why would you another's opinion, when you are so certain that you are a new age teacher of universal "spiritual" truth?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556517 Aug 24, 2014
I suggest that the stupid nonsense taught as universal truth, ought to be shot out of the AIR.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

AMORC (also known as ‘The Rosicrucian Order’.)

The soul and personality of the person move onto the cosmic plane at death, and when the time is right, the personality begins another incarnation; never regressing to animals and only occasionally changing sex.

http://www.ccgm.org.au/index.php ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556518 Aug 24, 2014
Of course it would be easy to scoff at ancient beliefs of other devotees as being ludicrous ... but if we are honest enough to check into self's own religious belief, it is every bit as ludicrous.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Rome: Gods by Conquest

Vulcan was an ancient Italian fire-god, particularly associated with destructive fire. He was worshipped as a means of averting fires, and his shrines were most numerous where fires were most feared, such as the areas near volcanoes and where grain was stored—notably at the port of Ostia.

Perhaps the most curious custom associated with Vulcan was the sacrifice of live fish, which were thrown on to fires lit on the banks of the Tiber in order to persuade the god to spare more vulnerable objects.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556520 Aug 24, 2014
Original version of the Christian hymn

Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
they are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

My version.

Jesus doesn’t love me, this I know
For the bible tells me so
He only accepts those who belong
To the Christian faith, and that is wrong

No, Jesus doesn’t love me
The bible tells me so.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556521 Aug 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
not to me but that is OK.
now read my lips very closely.
God doesn't and Never will [remove] us from His Grace, IF WE CONTINUE IN GRACE.
we do that ourself. for instance, you breaking the laws of the land by smoking dope. that is a sinful lifestyle contrary to what God wishes for us.
WE VIOLATE HIS PRINCIPLES AND LEAD A SINFUL LIFESTYLE.
THE onus is all on us, so don't Blame God in this FALSE DOCTRINE OF OSAS.
we are responsible to WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION AFTER WE ARE SAVED,
AND IF WE CONTINUE IN SIN, HIS GRACE WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO US SINCE WE WOULD TRAMPLE(AS IT IS) ON THAT GRACE.
IF YOU WOULD SHUT UP AND JUST LISTEN FOR AWHILE, YOU COULD UNDERSTAND THAT IS [WE] WHO WALK AWAY FROM GOD, HOWEVER ON THE OTHER HAND ,IF WE CONTINUE TO STRIVE TO OBEY HIM AND LIVE FOR HIM, OUR SALVATION IS SECURE.
but knowing you as I do, you are one; to stupid to understand or 2; you are to stubborn to listen to the Truth.
# 3; you will lose your soul and never even know that you did.
Adrian Rogers, from Scripture, shows you are with confriting...far out at sea!!!!!

ETERNAL SECURITY by: Pastor Adrian Rogers
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(Romans 8:38-39) Neither death nor anything that happens after death, or anything that happens while you're living can separate you from God's love. If there were no other verse in the Bible that deals with eternal security, this one covers the base.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#556522 Aug 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!!..... I wonder where they came from? Do you think many came from your church,
It is bible only Protestants " splitting off" from each other to form another, then another, then another contradicting and inconsistent denomination!!!!!.....Many bible only's are coming to the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church----which is the ONLY CHRISTIAN Church that "continues to grow"--by over 1.5% each and every year,... While EVERY bible only Protestant continues to "decline" EVERY year....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556523 Aug 24, 2014
Whether Jesus chose to teach Judaism or Christianity as his infatuation with religion ... if Jesus lived and taught that only those that followed his teachings could be saved ... he was a bully, as that leaves all others in other religions, Agnostics and Atheists out of the HOLY religious PICTURE.

Religion is all memorabilia junk that I suggest you remove from your attics "addicts!"

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556524 Aug 24, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Hagee also said that if you are not tithing (10%) that you are, "stealing from God."
-
to which I always say, "Then give me God's bank account number so I can deposit direct,'cause I don't trust the likes of John Hagee, Paul Crouch, or The Pope."
Hagee did not originate that message...God did...Hagee just repeated it for Him...

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556525 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is a coincidence that you believe you were chosen by Jesus and God to preach universal truth as your habit???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556526 Aug 24, 2014
Actually (within the wacky theology) Jesus doesn't have a biological father.

Once the Gnostic Christians chose to create their own god apart from the Abrahamic god, Jesus was then not allowed to associate with his Abrahamic father in the sky that first created him.

He had to then abide by the Christian rule of "thou shalt have no other gods before me."

That's when Jesus moved from Olam Haba to Christian heaven to spend eternity with his new Christian father.

Idiocy!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556527 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hagee did not originate that message...God did
Men wrote ALL religious literature.

Having faith in idiocy is EASY.

You are proof of such behavior.

You are eager to believe that the Jewish Talmud was and is based on lies ... but that the old and new testaments that were derived from the literature OF the Talmud was based on absolute universal Protestant truth.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#556528 Aug 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you read the Bible with our current language and culture and that's how you take Jesus words out of context. When He said "call no man father" 2, 000 yrs ago, if He meant it how you say, then the word "doctor" is included. You can't escape it. "call no man doctor, for you have one doctor in Heaven".
"But Liam, duh mine Bible doesn't say dat. It say father and that's that".
Yes guest, I know. This is why you're an ignorant moron.
Do you call the President "Mr President"? Your boss "mister". I hope not, that means "master". You only have one master, God. Doh!
That's what Christ meant? Christ didn't mean "call no man Father"? Why are simple scripture so hard for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Rednek 72,878
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min eggosaurus 995,175
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 54 min Big Al 447,502
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 58 min Wisdom of Ages 6,841
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 1 hr Big Al 155
yellow root buyers (Jul '09) 5 hr Ford Man 53
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 6 hr Doctor REALITY 15