Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,974
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#556047 Friday Aug 22
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Oh, you are so right, there is plenty evidence that you are LOADED with pagan rites and rituals, and even kept records of such - which Jesus would NEVER support - and that your church murdered anyone and all it could find that did not do as the pope told them to do.
-
Once again, for the those who care to really understand that Christ will not support that sort of institution ... evidence and history is of no spiritual value when it is Pagan, because THEN - in that very instant - it has ceased to be Christian.
-
Truth comes from the Bible alone. Not from the mouth of one who would compromise with paganism in order to win converts, which is what the pope truly has done. Time and again, pope after pope.
If there is "anything Pagan" of which there is not and of which there is "no proof", then you bible only Protestant fundamentalists have captured and inherited these so-called rituals ( as well) such as Christmas and the Christmas holidays....Idnorance of the TRUTH of TRUE Church history is one of "your greatest Protestant virtues" like it is with most anti-Catholic bible verse (spinning) make-it-up-as-you--go" editorialists!!!!
USA Born

Upland, CA

#556048 Friday Aug 22
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no RC until the 4th century?? Where you'd get that idea? Like i said.... i dont think you existing. Do you really believe the Roman Roman Pope silenced y'all for 2,000 yrs? If u think that, rent room from guest at her compound....I heard she makes killer omelets.
There is no evidence outside your church that proves Peter was your pope. You may live in the largest compound on the planet but that doesn't make it the "only true" compound. Even your eucharist evolved into what it is today. Why would that be the case if Peter had taught your popes how to conduct the ritual in the first century? Why no indication of Linus being more than a helper to Paul in scripture?

I don't know everything about your history but, you obviously do not know everything either. Your church's secret teaching by Peter just say Peter's real teachings of Christ weren't good enough.

Quick Fact Details:
Formed: The exact date of the beginning of the Roman Catholic Church is indeterminable. While the belief system recognized as Christianity is in place by the first century, institutional structures developed over time. Nor is it possible to distinguish Catholicism as a separate tradition until it can be differentiated from other Christian traditions (most notably, Eastern Orthodoxy and Protestantism). Scholars recognize a variety of significant institutional, theological, and cultural markers in this development: 325 — Council of Nicea. The first post-apostolic ecumenical council of the Christian community at which Church leaders formed a creedal statement of belief recognized universally.
381 — First Council of Constantinople. This council amended and ratified the Nicene Creed, resulting in the version used by Christian churches around the world.

440-461 — Pope Leo I. Many historians suggest that Pope Leo is the first to claim universal jurisdiction over the worldwide Church, thus initiating the rise of the papacy, a uniquely Roman Catholic structure.
451 — The Council of Chalcedon. This is the first occasion of an institutional division within Christianity, as those who did not adhere to the conclusions of the Council (referred to as Oriental Orthodox) separated.
1054 — The Great Schism. Though the Eastern and Western branches of the Church had long been divided over theological, cultural, linguistic, and ecclesiological disputes, the separation was formalized in 1054, thus creating the first large-scale division within Christendom.
16th century — The term "Roman Catholic" is not generally used until the Protestant Reformation, and some historians see the Council of Trent (1545-1563) as a centralizing movement within Catholicism that enhanced the authority of Rome.

Sacred Texts: The Roman Catholic Church includes in the Old Testament several deuterocanoncial books that Protestants rejected. The New Testament is the same as that used by Christians everywhere.

Quick Fact Sources include www.adherents.com , www.bbc.co.uk/religion , The Oxford Handbook of Global Religions (2006), The Encyclopedia of Religion (2005), the Religious Movements Page at the University of Virginia, The Cambridge Illustrated History of Religions (2002), and the Encyclopedia of World Religions (1999).

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/Library/Roman-Catholic...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#556049 Friday Aug 22
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello? You and your dopehead friend cowboy do the exact same thing.
And I would say oxhead knows the Good News Gospel better than either of you.
You have a right to your opinion...

BUT

You cannot produce any post here in this forum where I have ever said any thing derogatory about you...or to you... NOT ONE.......My objective here is to confront with the word ..

I DON'T KNOW ANY THING ABOUT YOU..... ONLY THAT YOU EVIDENTLY BELIEVE IN OSAS..

AND THAT IS NOTHING TO FIGHT OVER....unless you believe that you can be a Christian and still live a sinful lifestyle....

Preston and I don't agree on everything ...If we did .. one of us would be unnecessary...

As far as Oxbor is concerned... I don't receive input from any one that calls another human being a snake.

Eph_6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#556051 Friday Aug 22
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is "anything Pagan" of which there is not and of which there is "no proof", then you bible only Protestant fundamentalists have captured and inherited these so-called rituals ( as well) such as Christmas and the Christmas holidays....Idnorance of the TRUTH of TRUE Church history is one of "your greatest Protestant virtues" like it is with most anti-Catholic bible verse (spinning) make-it-up-as-you--go" editorialists!!!!
Any one that spends their time ranting against the Bible and attempting to replace it with their own conjecture needs a SPIRITUAL TRANSFUSION OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS..

JESUS SAID
Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:

repent ye, and believe the gospel.

IF YOU HAVEN'T OBEYED the WORDS OF JESUS .. HAVE DONE YOUR FIRST WORKS .you are not a Christian....

SO WHATEVER YOU DO ..is moot.....

JESUS TOLD PAUL ON THE DAMASCUS ROAD....WHAT THE PURPOSE OF HIS CALLING WAS

Act 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

Act 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Act 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now now I send thee,

( GOD'S PURPOSE HAS NOT CHANGED EVEN THO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE IT...)

Act 26:18 To open their eyes,

and to turn them from darkness to light, and

from the power of Satan unto God,

that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and

inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
USA Born

Upland, CA

#556052 Friday Aug 22
1 Peter 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1 Peter 5:13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Map of Galatia
http://www.bible-history.com/maps/Map-Asia-in...

Galatia and other cities Peter said he was the apostle to, are all in a province of the Roman Empire.
Scriptures never say Peter was in Rome but they do say Peter went to Babylon.
USA Born

Upland, CA

#556053 Friday Aug 22
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the pagan name Pontifex Maximus was dragged through history until it became the title of your popes. Your pagan title is never mentioned in scripture.

Your vicar of Christ has evolved into what it is today.Christ's Words never change. Why does your church have so many drastic changes throughout it's history if it were really following the secret biblical teachings of Peter?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556054 Friday Aug 22
USA Born wrote:
1 Peter 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1 Peter 5:13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.
Map of Galatia
http://www.bible-history.com/maps/Map-Asia-in...
Galatia and other cities Peter said he was the apostle to, are all in a province of the Roman Empire.
Scriptures never say Peter was in Rome but they do say Peter went to Babylon.
the catholics on this Forum have been told that Peter was in Babylon for years, yet they don't accept what the Word of God and Peter himself says.

they will try and change the word of God to suit their false irreligious system, by claiming that Babylon was a code name for Roma, yet they are silent when we tell them that Jesus is going to destroy Mystery Babylon which sets on seven hills. and then they try and claim that that mystery Babylon is Jerusalem. and then we tell them that it cant be Jerusalem since Jerusalem cant be seen from the Sea.

some day, it might sink into their heads that lies cant be proven to be the TRUTH.
truth

Perth, Australia

#556055 Friday Aug 22
now you say that
eph
on gate of righteousness stay wicket

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556056 Friday Aug 22
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to preach at others, I quoted the word of God.
Every (sincere) preacher from every religion believes with absolute certainty that he/she IS quoting the thought-process of a creator.

That's how human arrogance in conjunction with religion passes its time.

Prince George, Canada

#556057 Friday Aug 22
Those in self-idolizing cults appreciate the savior-myths, as they can preach (for instance) "Jesus said' that only Christians are God's favorites ... while Hindus say that "Krishna said" that only Hindus are the gods favorites.

Of course the monotheistic Jews went right to the source and used the term "Jehovah-GOD said" that only Jews are his chosen few.

The self-indulgent games people of religion play are worth the STUDY!
truth

Perth, Australia

#556058 Friday Aug 22
see
what deference mao say to churchil and roosewealth
all of you will come to me
whats deference if i say
are you going to be fit in buddha big bag

what deference between spiritual teachers who have hair and don't have hair

are you for sure Buddha don't have previous life

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556059 Friday Aug 22
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Greek CATHOLIC Church as well as a Greek Orthodox Church. Not all "Orthodox split with Rome". Some did then came back. One (Maronite) never left.
more on the Greek Catholic Church
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Greek_Cathol...
I am aware of this...as I said if they are in communion with Rome, they ARE NOT in communion with us....they are more catholic than orthodox....

Prince George, Canada

#556060 Friday Aug 22
If all people in religion were to say "God said" ... it would probably even seem stupid to the preachers ... because eventually humans would, or at least "should" catch on that those in cults were all telling different stories about what the same supposed god wants humans to KNOW.

But when you use saviors as buffers, it often comes out with this type of what's supposed to be an "impressive" absolute universal one and only TRUTH.

"Jesus said" in OUR book ... that "God said" ... that Christians of our denomination are the only ones worth saving.

Humans are ridiculous blowers of hot "AIRS."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Divinity of hell!
When devils will the blackest sins put on,
They do suggest at first with heavenly shows,
As I do now.

Shakespeare

Location hidden

#556061 Friday Aug 22
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well i don't think you can call them Orthodox if they are in communion with Rome. They'd be Catholic. But from what I hear, the Liturgy of the Eucharist is exactly the same in your Mass as say the Byzantine Catholic. Pope Francis remarked to Bartholomew I awhile back (if I remember correctly) "put all the theologians on an island and the schism would end". I'm paraphrasing that.
as I said AGAIN....they are more catholic than orthodox in the eyes of the orthodox church.....too make it easier for you to understand....They sold out.....enough said....you were misleading the people here.....If they are in communion with the catholic church in our eyes they are catholic more than orthodox......so sad that you would mislead these people into think that most orthodox churches are in communion with Rome

Prince George, Canada

#556062 Friday Aug 22
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID
Try this one on for SIZE ... KRISHNA SAID

Prince George, Canada

#556063 Friday Aug 22
Those in all religions preach, "In order to be in communion with GOD ... you have to be in communion with the doctrines in MY religion ... period!"

Isn't THAT fascinating???

Watch them BRAG!
truth

Perth, Australia

#556064 Friday Aug 22
if Buddha have previous life why he helping Jesus with cross
if Jesus say to Peter
its not in your mind what god have plain
if god have deference plain then Jesus is been god listener
and have reason why he say that to peter

now mr and mrs pretenders
who switch from one thing to another but not revile what is been as well what is going right to be
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#556065 Friday Aug 22
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one that spends their time ranting against the Bible and attempting to replace it with their own conjecture needs a SPIRITUAL TRANSFUSION OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS..
JESUS SAID
Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:
repent ye, and believe the gospel.
IF YOU HAVEN'T OBEYED the WORDS OF JESUS .. HAVE DONE YOUR FIRST WORKS .you are not a Christian....
SO WHATEVER YOU DO ..is moot.....
JESUS TOLD PAUL ON THE DAMASCUS ROAD....WHAT THE PURPOSE OF HIS CALLING WAS
Act 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
Act 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Act 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now now I send thee,
( GOD'S PURPOSE HAS NOT CHANGED EVEN THO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE IT...)
Act 26:18 To open their eyes,
and to turn them from darkness to light, and
from the power of Satan unto God,
that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and
inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
I don't "rant" against the bible itself since we as Catholic (ALL know that it is Gods Word--------only against bible only fundamentalist (like you) who mis-use, mis-interepret and manipulate the TRUTH of the TRUE meaning and TRUE interpretation of the Word of God that Our Lord gave us over 2000 years ago ----and specifically the TRUE interepretation by the Early Church Fathers who wrote it in (and CORRECTLY interprepreted it in 382, 393 and 397 AD

Location hidden

#556066 Friday Aug 22
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no RC until the 4th century?? Where you'd get that idea? Like i said.... i dont think you know what "RC" means. When i say the Orthodox helped compile the Bible, I mean the Catholic churches of the east, before they split. Hey man, it is confusing...and i dont know everything about it. Like i told Sera, i just learned that every Orthodox church has a Catholic one too....
I do know this: If people are going to debate which Church Jesus started; and who compiled the Bible etc, then it could only be between Catholic and Orthodox. Protestants have no horse in this race. And the very new "Bible only evangelical born againers" definately have no claim. Catholics and Orhtodox have a rich history dating to the Apostles....... LOADED with artifacts, archeology, documentation of their existence in every decade since Christ. You all have 93 yr old Billy Graham. You see what I'm saying? There is no evidence of people who shared your interpretations ever existing. Do you really believe the Roman Roman Pope silenced y'all for 2,000 yrs? If u think that, rent room from guest at her compound....I heard she makes killer omelets.
Again you have your facts wrong...those churches in the EAST were NOT catholic as in your catholic church of today....they were catholic only in the meaning of UNIVERSAL.......PERIOD...The orthodox church in itself will say to you that your catholic church DOES NOT go back that far....they will claim that the orthodox church does.....True they were both ONE church back then but neither was called CATHOLIC or ORTHODOX until 1054....stop trying to rewrite your church history. it is what it is...One church until the split in 1054 Not catholic as in today and not orthodox as in today.....

Prince George, Canada

#556067 Friday Aug 22
Muhammad said, that GOD said that only Muslims are worthy of salvation.

Now you can BET on a stack of Qur'ans that THAT ego-building statement from a preacher of Islam results in the Muslims wanting to follow that preacher so that he can tell them even MORE ego-flattering stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min ROCCO 739,970
U.S. citizenship test: Why Americans can’t name... 21 min andet1987 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min CunningLinguist 227,720
AIDS , EBOLA as a DePopulation BioWeapon 28 min andet1987 12
Opciones Binarias Paypal 30 min luisFX25 1
The Maze Runner 40 min andet1987 9
Word association game (Aug '08) 45 min andet1987 53,339
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,638
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,780
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Joana 155

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••