Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673303 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556427 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Those 2 (Old and New) go hand in hand and give a valid explanation as to why there are 2 the Old and New......
Had the Christians not used the literature of the Jews ... they would have NO religion whatsoever.

They plagiarized ... they cut out what they didn't want ... and added the Jesus myth from the Greek word Ihcuc ... which means FISH.

Prince George, Canada

#556428 Aug 23, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SET FORTH A LITTLE CHILD AS AN EXAMPLE OF PURE INNOCENT....WHO RECEIVES HIS
I asked you a question.

What if Jesus and God believes between the two of them that you are far too arrogant to deserve salvation?

Surely there must be a scripture to fit that "occasion."

Oh WAIT ... I found one.

:)

King James Bible

Galatians 5:26 &#9658;

Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

United States

#556429 Aug 23, 2014
guest wrote:
well, at least he HAS / they have (Catholic priests and popes) progressed past torturing and murdering heretics .... that's a good thing .
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
Again you are not being at all fair or truthful.
Protestants were the first Christians in America and it was those Protestants that were killing each other as heretics and witches ... NOT Catholics.
The Catholics were busy in Europe committing "their" bloody deeds in the name of GOD.
-
-
I can do the math ... you obviously cannot.
-
ONCE AGAIN -- When the Protestants FINALLY catch up with the Catholics as far as aggression and hegemony goes ... I will give them equal grief. You see? They have not yet earned it, as it were.
-
So, doing the math (for the umpteenth time) we have 1,500 years to wait - and that is ONLY *IF* the Catholics sit out the next 1,500 years.
Capisce?
-
But what can a sociopath know, anyhow, as per honesty and fairness? YOU who DELIBERATELY TORMENTED a woman who had just lost her husband? and gloated that you were proud of yourself for having done so?
-
Yeah. The Catholics who GAVE THE (Christian) WORLD Murder in the Name of God, via Constantine - and now we have Islam as a by product of that.
-
YOU yourself are Fair and Truthful, June in the same manner as a Catholic is.
-
They are boo-hooing because ISIS is assassinating Catholics over there in Iraq .... when those people learned their craft by watching the Catholics ..... re: Constantine for 300 years before Mohammad made his appearance.
-
Go away with your "fair and truthful" crap, June. You're acting like a Catholic for goodness sakes.

Prince George, Canada

#556430 Aug 23, 2014
More plagiarism by the Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Origin of the Christian Fish Symbol

The fish was also established in the Middle East with the goddess of Ephesus who covered her genital region with a fish amulet. There is also a tale of the fish that swallowed the penis of Osiris.

In India, the Goddess Kali was called the fish-eyed one. The fish symbol has been identified with reincarnation and the life force. There was one group in India that believed that a fish held the soul of a deceased person. As part of fertility, the fish is eaten in order to reincarnate the soul in a newborn child.

Celts and other European pagan cultures link the fish to fertility, sexuality, and birth. The fish symbol, long before Christianity, was known as the Great Mother. Fish deities and shrines have been found all over the region.

In the ancient world, there are many other symbolisms found for the fish. In China, the symbol of the fish stands for the Great Mother Kwan-yin. In Egypt, Isis was called the Great Fish of the Abyss. In Scandinavia, Freya, the Great Goddess was honored by the eating of fish. The 6th day of the week was called Friday after her. In the Mediterranean, mysterious religions used fish, wine, and bread for their sacramental meal. In Greece, the word delphos meant womb and fish.

The early Christian church adopted this symbol.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-origin-christian -...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#556431 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish literature was "so good" according to the Christians, that the old testament and the new testament was plagiarized from that Jewish "material."
The Talmud is nothing but a corruption from the Babylonian Mystery religions. The Talmud is thoroughly corrupt.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#556432 Aug 23, 2014
Did you guys know that John Hagee,another of todays FALSE PROPHETS stated that Christ did not come to the earth to die when He came.
Now if those are not the makings of a FALSE PROPHET then I don't know who is.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#556433 Aug 23, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="RoSesz"]<quo ted text>
Any time ..I rarely go anywhere myself . I take 2 weeks to pack to see my boys lol .
Wouldn't it be great to get to meet for coffee or tea anytime in the winter ....
Summers too hot to go out, imo, but I love winter when it's,drops below 70 .
We'd have fun though I have a feeling we'd probably laugh so much they'd send the
White coats,:)
----------
I think that you are right. But it's O.K....the joy of the Lord is our strength !!!
Yes mam!!
. If the,Lord wills it, we shall meet someday !!!
What are the odds we even met here?
I don't believe in coincidence , especially things that BLESS us.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556434 Aug 23, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SET FORTH A LITTLE CHILD AS AN EXAMPLE OF PURE INNOCENT....WHO RECEIVES HIS
[ UNMER'ITED,
Not merited; not deserved; obtained without service or equivalent; .... GIFT OF SALVATION ...UNRESERVEDLY BY FAITH.
Hey

It would be nice if you could explain the disconnect you seem to have between what you preach, mr G-I-F, and what you seem to believe.

What am I missing , that God could remove one's faith? or

That we receive the Gift and are born-anew therefore being raised up by God and then our Father see's us sin and leaves us forever?

Did you see where Billy Graham apparently will pay for preaching God offers one eternal life? So this is an issue that is important for having communion with each other and it does matter with eternal things.

over, hey Kay Marie:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#556435 Aug 23, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HI , PRESTON HOPE ALL IS GOOD , I HAVE NOT BEEN ON TO MUCH.
I HAVE HAD A LITTLE SET BACK, I CAN'T WALK VERY WELL RIGHT NOW.
I AM BENT RIGHT OVER ADVANCE ARTHRITIS IN MY SPINE AND HIPS.
WELL THE MIDDLE EAST HAS EXPLODED NO SURPRISE WE KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.
OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, IS COMING VERY SOON. PRAISE THE LORD.
MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAIMLY.
GOD BLESS. Elaine
Sorry to hear on your troubles. May the,Lord Jesus, give you healing in body and Spirit

As for the MIDDLE east , too much to comment , except I pray this election will see more conservative AND Pro Israel people elected...among many other traits . We need to preserve some,of what made,this,country a Christian nation and ally for Israel.
. I'd,like,to say I'm surprised we are not supporting Israel as always, but I'm not ...

I know,His plan is,already written,AND the end shall not be written by man....

but I'd hate to see this country meet the fate of those,who curse the descendants,of Abraham ...

Peace to you and blessings .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#556436 Aug 23, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for those Prayers. I am kinda bummed out right now. Justin is going back to China to work. He has accepted a position with the United Nations, and I don't want him to leave, but he is of age so all I can do is wish him well.
Sorry to hear Preston , it's awful when they move off but then we,DID raise them to be able to live their lives. May the Lord be with him.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556437 Aug 23, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes mam!!
. If the,Lord wills it, we shall meet someday !!!
What are the odds we even met here?
I don't believe in coincidence , especially things that BLESS us.
Hey RoSesz how are you? I thought the Lord already willed it and I planned to met all of you in Heaven one day.

It's like you all don't really believe, or believe only for this life or something.

Don't you know we are citizens in Heaven right now and this is not our home?
tony17

Saint Louis, MO

#556438 Aug 23, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear on your troubles. May the,Lord Jesus, give you healing in body and Spirit
As for the MIDDLE east , too much to comment , except I pray this election will see more conservative AND Pro Israel people elected...among many other traits . We need to preserve some,of what made,this,country a Christian nation and ally for Israel.
. I'd,like,to say I'm surprised we are not supporting Israel as always, but I'm not ...
I know,His plan is,already written,AND the end shall not be written by man....
but I'd hate to see this country meet the fate of those,who curse the descendants,of Abraham ...
Peace to you and blessings .
You have absolutely no idea who the descendants of Abraham REALLY ARE I see.
Those dwelling in Isreal today are mostly of the tribe of Judah (1 tribe) but the other tribes of Isreal are the caucasian Christian peoples of Europe,Australia,South Africa,the United States,Canada etc,etc. There are a few Kenites mixed in with the tribe of Judah falsely calling themselves JEW as well but they're not ( Revelation 2:9 and 3:9) Christ warned us about them.
People of today are so educated that they're CLUELESS.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556439 Aug 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey
It would be nice if you could explain the disconnect you seem to have between what you preach, mr G-I-F, and what you seem to believe.
What am I missing , that God could remove one's faith? or
That we receive the Gift and are born-anew therefore being raised up by God and then our Father see's us sin and leaves us forever?
Did you see where Billy Graham apparently will pay for preaching God offers one eternal life? So this is an issue that is important for having communion with each other and it does matter with eternal things.
over, hey Kay Marie:)
not to me but that is OK.

now read my lips very closely.

God doesn't and Never will [remove] us from His Grace, IF WE CONTINUE IN GRACE.

we do that ourself. for instance, you breaking the laws of the land by smoking dope. that is a sinful lifestyle contrary to what God wishes for us.

WE VIOLATE HIS PRINCIPLES AND LEAD A SINFUL LIFESTYLE.

THE onus is all on us, so don't Blame God in this FALSE DOCTRINE OF OSAS.

we are responsible to WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION AFTER WE ARE SAVED,

AND IF WE CONTINUE IN SIN, HIS GRACE WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO US SINCE WE WOULD TRAMPLE(AS IT IS) ON THAT GRACE.

IF YOU WOULD SHUT UP AND JUST LISTEN FOR AWHILE, YOU COULD UNDERSTAND THAT IS [WE] WHO WALK AWAY FROM GOD, HOWEVER ON THE OTHER HAND ,IF WE CONTINUE TO STRIVE TO OBEY HIM AND LIVE FOR HIM, OUR SALVATION IS SECURE.

but knowing you as I do, you are one; to stupid to understand or 2; you are to stubborn to listen to the Truth.

# 3; you will lose your soul and never even know that you did.

Location hidden

#556440 Aug 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RoSesz how are you? I thought the Lord already willed it and I planned to met all of you in Heaven one day.
It's like you all don't really believe, or believe only for this life or something.
Don't you know we are citizens in Heaven right now and this is not our home?
leave your dope alone. she meant on this earth
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556441 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Amen the same verses and message has been on my mind.....I think God is extending out an offer for someone to be saved, here.
What do you mean by lower case saved, like it's a temporary saving? Or do you believe since you used the noun Saved, it means something eternal? Blessings
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556442 Aug 23, 2014
Hey Preston, I have never been sure you are a brother but hoped so. Here you say,[we are responsible to WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION AFTER WE ARE SAVED,]

This seems so contra to me, It means in plain English, ONE IS NOT SAVED.

Blessings
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556443 Aug 23, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
leave your dope alone. she meant on this earth
I'm not using dope,...you admitted to having to use man-made dope, see the difference?

And if we're not preaching Eternal Life with God through Jesus then we're not preaching!
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556444 Aug 23, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
,IF WE CONTINUE TO STRIVE TO OBEY HIM AND LIVE FOR HIM, OUR SALVATION IS SECURE.
but knowing you as I do, you are one; to stupid to understand or 2; you are to stubborn to listen to the Truth.
# 3; you will lose your soul and never even know that you did.
Wrong again, the Bible says you will get sick or even die, lose all your rewards even, but never says you'll loose your Adoption as children of God.

You are preaching falsely, most likely because of all the man-made drugs.

United States

#556445 Aug 23, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Did you guys know that John Hagee,another of todays FALSE PROPHETS stated that Christ did not come to the earth to die when He came.
Now if those are not the makings of a FALSE PROPHET then I don't know who is.
-
-
Hagee also said that if you are not tithing (10%) that you are, "stealing from God."
-
to which I always say, "Then give me God's bank account number so I can deposit direct,'cause I don't trust the likes of John Hagee, Paul Crouch, or The Pope."

Location hidden

#556446 Aug 24, 2014
marge wrote:
Hey Preston, I have never been sure you are a brother but hoped so. Here you say,[we are responsible to WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION AFTER WE ARE SAVED,]
This seems so contra to me, It means in plain English, ONE IS NOT SAVED.
Blessings
why don't you read the Bible and find out what those words mean.
thankfully, your opinion of me being a [brother] is moot since I know that you are not Saved.

Philippians 2:12

when Paul wrote those words to that church, he KNEW that they were Saved.

Marge, you have to be the biggest doofus on this Board

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 981,315
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Buck Crick 104,725
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 58 min andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,296
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr _Drifter 4,052
More from around the web