Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603333 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556060 Aug 22, 2014
If all people in religion were to say "God said" ... it would probably even seem stupid to the preachers ... because eventually humans would, or at least "should" catch on that those in cults were all telling different stories about what the same supposed god wants humans to KNOW.

But when you use saviors as buffers, it often comes out with this type of what's supposed to be an "impressive" absolute universal one and only TRUTH.

"Jesus said" in OUR book ... that "God said" ... that Christians of our denomination are the only ones worth saving.

Humans are ridiculous blowers of hot "AIRS."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Divinity of hell!
When devils will the blackest sins put on,
They do suggest at first with heavenly shows,
As I do now.

Shakespeare

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556061 Aug 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well i don't think you can call them Orthodox if they are in communion with Rome. They'd be Catholic. But from what I hear, the Liturgy of the Eucharist is exactly the same in your Mass as say the Byzantine Catholic. Pope Francis remarked to Bartholomew I awhile back (if I remember correctly) "put all the theologians on an island and the schism would end". I'm paraphrasing that.
as I said AGAIN....they are more catholic than orthodox in the eyes of the orthodox church.....too make it easier for you to understand....They sold out.....enough said....you were misleading the people here.....If they are in communion with the catholic church in our eyes they are catholic more than orthodox......so sad that you would mislead these people into think that most orthodox churches are in communion with Rome

Prince George, Canada

#556062 Aug 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID
Try this one on for SIZE ... KRISHNA SAID

Prince George, Canada

#556063 Aug 22, 2014
Those in all religions preach, "In order to be in communion with GOD ... you have to be in communion with the doctrines in MY religion ... period!"

Isn't THAT fascinating???

Watch them BRAG!
truth

Perth, Australia

#556064 Aug 22, 2014
if Buddha have previous life why he helping Jesus with cross
if Jesus say to Peter
its not in your mind what god have plain
if god have deference plain then Jesus is been god listener
and have reason why he say that to peter

now mr and mrs pretenders
who switch from one thing to another but not revile what is been as well what is going right to be
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#556065 Aug 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one that spends their time ranting against the Bible and attempting to replace it with their own conjecture needs a SPIRITUAL TRANSFUSION OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS..
JESUS SAID
Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:
repent ye, and believe the gospel.
IF YOU HAVEN'T OBEYED the WORDS OF JESUS .. HAVE DONE YOUR FIRST WORKS .you are not a Christian....
SO WHATEVER YOU DO ..is moot.....
JESUS TOLD PAUL ON THE DAMASCUS ROAD....WHAT THE PURPOSE OF HIS CALLING WAS
Act 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
Act 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Act 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now now I send thee,
( GOD'S PURPOSE HAS NOT CHANGED EVEN THO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE IT...)
Act 26:18 To open their eyes,
and to turn them from darkness to light, and
from the power of Satan unto God,
that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and
inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
I don't "rant" against the bible itself since we as Catholic (ALL know that it is Gods Word--------only against bible only fundamentalist (like you) who mis-use, mis-interepret and manipulate the TRUTH of the TRUE meaning and TRUE interpretation of the Word of God that Our Lord gave us over 2000 years ago ----and specifically the TRUE interepretation by the Early Church Fathers who wrote it in (and CORRECTLY interprepreted it in 382, 393 and 397 AD

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556066 Aug 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no RC until the 4th century?? Where you'd get that idea? Like i said.... i dont think you know what "RC" means. When i say the Orthodox helped compile the Bible, I mean the Catholic churches of the east, before they split. Hey man, it is confusing...and i dont know everything about it. Like i told Sera, i just learned that every Orthodox church has a Catholic one too....
I do know this: If people are going to debate which Church Jesus started; and who compiled the Bible etc, then it could only be between Catholic and Orthodox. Protestants have no horse in this race. And the very new "Bible only evangelical born againers" definately have no claim. Catholics and Orhtodox have a rich history dating to the Apostles....... LOADED with artifacts, archeology, documentation of their existence in every decade since Christ. You all have 93 yr old Billy Graham. You see what I'm saying? There is no evidence of people who shared your interpretations ever existing. Do you really believe the Roman Roman Pope silenced y'all for 2,000 yrs? If u think that, rent room from guest at her compound....I heard she makes killer omelets.
Again you have your facts wrong...those churches in the EAST were NOT catholic as in your catholic church of today....they were catholic only in the meaning of UNIVERSAL.......PERIOD...The orthodox church in itself will say to you that your catholic church DOES NOT go back that far....they will claim that the orthodox church does.....True they were both ONE church back then but neither was called CATHOLIC or ORTHODOX until 1054....stop trying to rewrite your church history. it is what it is...One church until the split in 1054 Not catholic as in today and not orthodox as in today.....

Prince George, Canada

#556067 Aug 22, 2014
Muhammad said, that GOD said that only Muslims are worthy of salvation.

Now you can BET on a stack of Qur'ans that THAT ego-building statement from a preacher of Islam results in the Muslims wanting to follow that preacher so that he can tell them even MORE ego-flattering stories.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#556068 Aug 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those in all religions preach, "In order to be in communion with GOD ... you have to be in communion with the doctrines in MY religion ... period!"
Isn't THAT fascinating???
Watch them BRAG!
Good morning June, how is your tea?
Hey June, you can see the stars, but you can't see the light..
Sugar with your tea?:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#556069 Aug 22, 2014
i allready told you what childrens say whats stay in bag

jesus say come come come litlle children

Prince George, Canada

#556070 Aug 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "rant" against the bible itself since we as Catholic (ALL know that it is Gods Word--------only against bible only fundamentalist (like you) who mis-use, mis-interepret and manipulate the TRUTH of the TRUE meaning and TRUE interpretation of the Word of God that Our Lord gave us over 2000 years ago ----and specifically the TRUE interepretation by the Early Church Fathers who wrote it in (and CORRECTLY interprepreted it in 382, 393 and 397 AD
JESUS SAID THAT GOD SAID ... that only hojo and his group of believers are worthy of salvation.

That's what your religious indulgence did "NOT FOR you" .... but rather "TO YOU."

It motivated your emotions with LUST for UTOPIAN BLISS!

Prince George, Canada

#556071 Aug 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<Hey June, you can see the stars, but you can't see the light..
Just as occurs with you ... in my imagination I can see whatever pleases my emotions ... because imagination is extremely hungry for pleasure.

That is WHY preachers of religion all want to believe that a god loves them and will reject other supposed lost sinners to hells.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#556072 Aug 22, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
whats interesting is my greek orthodox church is NOT in communion with rome I have never heard what you just posted so please post you source and I will refer it to an orthodox friend of mine for review....thanku
A Catholic source may not suffice for you so here's something you might consider neutral;

"The Eastern Catholic Churches[1] are autonomous, self-governing particular churches in full communion with the Pope. Together with the Latin Church, they make up the entire Catholic Church. They preserve many centuries-old Eastern liturgical, devotional, and theological traditions, which are in most cases shared with the various other Eastern Christian churches with which they were once associated, such as the Eastern Orthodox Church and Oriental Orthodox Church."

"Within each Church, no longer in communion with the Church of Rome, there arose a group that considered it important to restore that communion. The See of Rome accepted them without requiring that they adopt the customs of the Latin Church, so that they all have their own "liturgical, theological, spiritual and disciplinary heritage, differentiated by peoples' culture and historical circumstances, that finds expression in each sui iuris Church's own way of living the faith".[30]"

"The 2008 statistics collected by the CNEWA show that Syriac Christians make up 47% of Eastern Catholics and Byzantine Christians make up 46%. The three largest Eastern churches are the Byzantine Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church with 4.3 million members (25%), the Syriac Syro-Malabar Catholic Church at 3.9 million faithful (23%), and the Maronite Catholic Church with 3.29 million faithful (20%).[34]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Catholic_C...

Prince George, Canada

#556073 Aug 22, 2014
truth wrote:
i allready told you what childrens say whats stay in bag
jesus say come come come litlle children
Krishna say come come little children.

Isn't THAT statement revealing and SO very very very true???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#556074 Aug 22, 2014
The monotheistic Jews went straight to the source in the claim that the head-haunch God loved only Jews.

All other religions needed savior-myths.

Even the modern Pagans with their goddess-myth don't preach that the goddess was the one to CREATE the universe. They just preach that since she had her homophobia removed from her "conscience" by the bisexual Alex Sanders, she now loves everybody on earth.

Read their words and you will see their lies that they spin on their spinning "wheels."
truth

Perth, Australia

#556075 Aug 22, 2014
o well where you going put rest others religion in which bag
now
why buddahist as spiritual leaders don't have hair

Prince George, Canada

#556076 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic source may not suffice for you so here's something you might consider neutral;
You now WANT Jesus and God to be "neutral" and not choose sides in the ongoing debate???

THAT is a new spin for YOU!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#556077 Aug 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
the catholics on this Forum have been told that Peter was in Babylon for years, yet they don't accept what the Word of God and Peter himself says.
they will try and change the word of God to suit their false irreligious system, by claiming that Babylon was a code name for Roma, yet they are silent when we tell them that Jesus is going to destroy Mystery Babylon which sets on seven hills. and then they try and claim that that mystery Babylon is Jerusalem. and then we tell them that it cant be Jerusalem since Jerusalem cant be seen from the Sea.
some day, it might sink into their heads that lies cant be proven to be the TRUTH.
Jerusalem is ON the sea you dummy. The dead sea. Rome on the other hand, is 25 miles from the sea, it can't be seen. I think there are two cities between Rome and the sea.. I know cuz I'm trying to go there next march..

If you want to get Biblically technical: the Vatican does not sit on seven hills, it sits on one. Vatican city is the headquarters of the Catholic Church. Its a separate country. Vatican hill has never been included when people said "city of seven hills" when referring to Rome.

Now Jerusalem does sit on seven hills.

Prince George, Canada

#556078 Aug 22, 2014
Theologians taught and teach that a supposed god never puts more on humans than humans can bear.

Now THAT is silly.

Why would a god with a record of perfect LOVE put anything on humans other THAN love?

Typical religious nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#556079 Aug 22, 2014
There is nothing quite so idiotic as religion.

For instance ... God hates sin ... so what does the god DO? He takes pure spirits from heaven and implants those spirits in the sinful bodies of Adam and Eve ... who he knows are going to have sex and pollute earth with sinners.

Now if that makes sense to you, you VERY dumb in deed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Critical Eye 878,893
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Doctor REALITY 8,052
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 1 hr pepertoa 0
Palmers farmed in Hayti area? 1 hr Sam Vein 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaWorldWarMongerer 177,851
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 1 hr USaWorldWarMongerer 444
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr lucky 571
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 272,879
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr MrAnderson9 3,845
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) Sat i fkedurBeezyanally 279
More from around the web