Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,625
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#555989 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know half of the people on here and like you said I will find out. But I just want to let you know I do not think badly of you.
and just to let YOU know.

I don't care.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#555990 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Deny yourself = could be anything from materialism to lust, pride or any thought which is not Christ like but is of your own self.
yes - deny the things in life that will make you unhappy.
<quoted text>Take up your cross= Begin to work for God to do his will not your own and try and help others.
Incorrect. When someone takes up "their own cross" it is that they are trying to overcome a burden. It has nothing to do with "God".

But then you add - "try and help others" - which also has nothing to do with "God", but of the Self.
<quoted text>Follow me = We must follow Jesus because he is the only way to the father, and if we want to do God's will we must follow Jesus and deny our own selves.
You will say this now, but you have yet to explain why you also follow the non-canonical teachings by Jesus? You did say "we must follow Jesus"......You didn't say...."we must follow only the biblical Jesus."

As you can see, you are starting to double-talk your way through this - and avoiding those semantics I've spoken of. That is a Catholic trait in which they own. Are you Catholic?

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555991 Aug 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen :)
I think some people love Jesus fully but may have a,weakness .
I also thunk about those who are real Christians and then suffer some kind of disability , like older people or the ones,messed up in the head, or in terrible pain..
I think God loves what's in their hearts towards Him...and when they cannot think for themselves he understands its not really them if they then act badly ..the parts of the brain we use for control are sometimes those that go first...old brain Vs New ..
The old term.Dirty OLD men..has a basis in true life (I worked for a neurologist when I was much younger ) just a thought ...
Also we were talking last week of those poor people held hostage being forced to convert .
How much torture could we take or see our children take before saying whatever they asked us to .
If we,believed on our Saviour in our hearts, would He understand .
Those little Christian girls,they paraded out for the cameras forcing them into WORSHIP ....I think
These men have milestones around their necks, only my opinion..
Yes, this world is in a sad situation and it is a very dark place at times. That is why I want to serve God to the best of my ability because I do want to make it to heaven one day.
God Bless you RoSesz and I hope God blesses all the rest on here as well.

Let's Play

#555992 Aug 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Incorrect. When someone takes up "their own cross" it is that they are trying to overcome a burden. It has nothing to do with "God".
But then you add - "try and help others" - which also has nothing to do with "God", but of the Self.
<quoted text>
You will say this now, but you have yet to explain why you also follow the non-canonical teachings by Jesus? You did say "we must follow Jesus"......You didn't say...."we must follow only the biblical Jesus."
As you can see, you are starting to double-talk your way through this - and avoiding those semantics I've spoken of. That is a Catholic trait in which they own. Are you Catholic?
Jesus took up a cross to complete the will of his father. He died upon that cross to help others to be able to be saved by his sacrifice and the shedding of his precious blood. He even prayed in the garden.....that the father would let the cup pass....but since that was not the will of God Jesus then said not my will but your will be done. Now Jesus took up his cross and followed the will of God to help others not to overcome a personal burden........So what I stated before was not incorrect according to the word of God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555993 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
again, you by your own words show how ignorant that you are.luke 4:18.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to [[[[preach the gospel]]]] to the poor;
Preach: to give earnest advice, esp. in an insistent, tedious, or moralizing way.

I give to you and Confriting , almost on a daily basis, earnest advice, in an insistent, tedious, and moralizing way....that makes me not a preacher...Christ did the same with those He spoke with...a preacher that did not make of Him...However and but.....

Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi,(which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou?

Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?

Rabbi: my master, i.e Rabbi, as an official title of honor:--Master,

But....would you not think that a man "called of God" would read the Bible and know this..from Scripture....????!!

No charge for tutoring those in need....

Let's Play

#555994 Aug 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I have stated before I prefer not to be called by a denominational name. I have never even been in a Catholic church, so I really don't even know much about what all they believe. I grew up going to various different churches. I have been part of Baptist, Church of God, Pentecostal, and Holiness churches. I have friends and family who attend each of these churches. I visit various denominations and feel that I am able to worship with each and every person who believe in Jesus and follow the Bible teachings and are doing what they know to do out of a pure heart.

Let's Play

#555995 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
and just to let YOU know.
I don't care.
That is fine with me. I just want to show kindness to others, but it doesn't bother me when others don't return the favor. I just believe in treating others the way we would like to be treated.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555996 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
as you will find out. my words are always true.
Robert is the most double minded man on this forum, and he has never been one to be a truthful person. one week he is a catholic, down the road, he will be an atheist and even later a protestant.
there are several on here that you have to worry about, I am not one of them. I stand by myself for the truth. Robert; double minded, oxbore, a nitwit, marge a dopehead. the good ones are RoS, Sera, gif and his wife, LTM, Chuck from Ohio, Hank, even if he is a campbellite.
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

You fruits are clearly visible!!!!! Yuck!!!!!!

United States

#555997 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
Man, how do you think we got a Bible? Men of the Catholic Church, who we believe were guided by the Holy Spirit, compiled one. This Church can be identified in every decade since Christ. The Bishops who succeeded the Apostles are named and some of thier writings are still preserved to this day. That's a clear enough definition for me.
"You are Peter and on this Rock I will build my Church". Im emphasizing "My Church"...My Church... CHURCH.
What did Peter do? He built up His Church as commanded; He ordained this man, Ignatius: "Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" .
What Church? When did the Bible become "the Bible"? After the Catholic Church was 350 yrs old. That's a fact.
-
-
A troop of monkeys could have compiled it, if they had had sole possession of it.
The Roman Catholic Church had possession of it and refused to let anyone else see it for centuries.
Their refusal to allow others to see it is ABSOLUTELY NOT by the inspiration of Holy Spirit.
-
The torture and murder of heretics was not "guided" by Holy Spirit, either.
-
The torture and murder of heretics WAS "guided" by the adversary. Did you GET THAT?
-
The ADVERSARY was guiding your church as it was torturing and murdering 'heretics'...for centuries.
-
The ADVERSARY was guiding your church as it was under the direction of Constantine and under his command to "in THIS SIGN CONQUER" as he went forth in the Middle East countries and made war in the "Name of God," teaching the locals there to follow him in that M.O? How can you not see that the world has Catholicism's making war in the "Name of God" to thank for Islam's copying that M.O?? And now we have ISIS there - murdering Catholics - and you're all freaking out because of it.
-
The ADVERSARY is STILL guiding your church as it clings to Pagan rites and rituals.
-
Christ does NOT approve of Paganism and you don't get to have a free pass on that. You just don't.
Really.
Would Christ just allow the CATHOLICS do (embrace Paganism) what he would NOT allow the JEWS TO DO, just because Peter and the subsequent "Popes" decided that is what THEY THEMSELVES wanted to do?
-
The Jews weren't allowed to re-write the Word of God to suit THEM - neither are the Catholics allowed to.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#555998 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text> I have stated before I prefer not to be called by a denominational name. I have never even been in a Catholic church, so I really don't even know much about what all they believe. I grew up going to various different churches. I have been part of Baptist, Church of God, Pentecostal, and Holiness churches. I have friends and family who attend each of these churches. I visit various denominations and feel that I am able to worship with each and every person who believe in Jesus and follow the Bible teachings and are doing what they know to do out of a pure heart.
"My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure."
Alfred Lord Tennyson

United States

#555999 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
Yes - that does finally clarify it - for there are NO TRUE Christians amongst them!
TRUE Christians wouldn't dream of embracing Paganism and bringing it into their worship of the One True God. So they don't.
TRUE Christians wouldn't dream of torturing and murdering in the Name of God.
Yes. So they don't.
It's clear.
It's been clear to me for some time, now - AFTER I decided to read the Bible and ignore what the Popes have said. Because what the popes have said contradicts what Christ has said.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
So you are a TRUE Christian HUH???
Your problem might be that even if Jesus' spirit is alive ... I doubt that he's a follower of the Protestant religion.
Maybe you should prey about it.
-
-
No-one can possibly be a 100% TRUE Christian, June.
But they CAN move away from the Catholic church - with its history of murder and torture and madness and mayhem - and be closer to being a TRUE Christian then they were when embroiled in the Catholic lies.
-
Once again, I am NOT "Protestant" and why you insist on calling me Protestant - is beyond my ability to understand.
-
But that is how you roll - you think you know what I believe and think you can peg me, but you can't.
-
Oh. And Jesus is not a FOLLOWER of any religion. He is the LEADER of Christianity. Big difference.
Liam

South Ozone Park, NY

#556000 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
A troop of monkeys could have compiled it, if they had had sole possession of it.
The Roman Catholic Church had possession of it and refused to let anyone else see it for centuries.
Their refusal to allow others to see it is ABSOLUTELY NOT by the inspiration of Holy Spirit.
-
-
The torture and murder of heretics WAS "guided" by the adversary. Did you GET THAT?
-
The ADVERSARY was guiding your church as it was torturing and murdering 'heretics'...for centuries.
-
The ADVERSARY was guiding your church as it was under the direction of Constantine and under his command to "in THIS SIGN CONQUER" as he went forth in the Middle East countries and made war in the "Name of God," teaching the locals there to follow him in that M.O? How can you not see that the world has Catholicism's making war in the "Name of God" to thank for Islam's copying that M.O?? And now we have ISIS there - murdering Catholics - and you're all freaking out because of it.
-
The ADVERSARY is STILL guiding your church as it clings to Pagan rites and rituals.
-
Christ does NOT approve of Paganism and you don't get to have a free pass on that. You just don't.
Really.
Would Christ just allow the CATHOLICS do (embrace Paganism) what he would NOT allow the JEWS TO DO, just because Peter and the subsequent "Popes" decided that is what THEY THEMSELVES wanted to do?
-
The Jews weren't allowed to re-write the Word of God to suit THEM - neither are the Catholics allowed to.
Liar. You have no evidence you propaganda machine you. Even fanatics stay away from the lunacy u represent..

Let's Play

#556001 Aug 21, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure."
Alfred Lord Tennyson
I think that is what God wants is a pure heart. I think we have to love him more than anything else and if we do so he will give us strength and help us with all things.

One of the beatitudes states: That blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. So according to this scripture in order to go to heaven and see God we must all have a pure heart.

That was a good quote that you used. I don't remember hearing it before....so thanks for the quote.
Liam

South Ozone Park, NY

#556002 Aug 21, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
Fourthly, the Catholic claim of giving the Bible to the world cannot be true because they have not been the sole possessor of the Bible at any time. Some of the most valuable Greek Bibles and Versions have been handed down to us from non-Roman Catholic sources. A notable example of this is the Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of St. Catherine (of the Greek Orthodox Church) at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in the British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. This manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant, and this manuscript which is the most complete of all has never been in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church.
Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.
No Ignatius in the scriptures either.
Do you know the Catholic er "Roman Roman Roman Roman Catholic" and the Greek Orthodox were one Church for a thousand yrs? So yes, and can be said that the Orthodox compiled the Bible too..

- I sometimes exaggerate "Roman Roman" because I honestly think you guys don't have a clue what the title means, which is odd given how many times its been explained to you. Then again, how many times does an 8 yr old explain to y'all how the Earth is NOT 5,000 yrd old? Does it register? Nope, then why would something simple as the origins of the title "Roman" register?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556003 Aug 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,easy to love the home we have...I do hope to get to meet someday here or in the next life..who knows,what the future brings,!!!
we will meet. you are welcome in my homes any time. I got plenty of room. Take a vacation next year....

United States

#556004 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
- Because what the popes have said contradicts what Christ has said.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
Martin Luther couldn't marry his lovely ex-nun without the approval of Jesus' spirit ... could he???
I suggest that Martin just took the words from the pope's bible for "GRANTED" ... pun intended.
-
-
Oh, please.
You know, we screwed up in this country (USA) for a few centuries, and are still suffering the fallout from slavery and genocide - but we are trying and it will take time for people to adjust thier thinking on it.
-
Same with Martin Luther. After 1500 years there is no way possible that he could come out of the
Catholic church and be 100% correct in what he taught. Impossible.
-
And SO, once again, when the Protestants have their equal time - without Catholic interference, then you can compare them - so, get back with me on this later, we only have 1500 years to wait. That is ...*IF* the Catholics completely sit it out.

Location hidden

#556005 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the Catholic er "Roman Roman Roman Roman Catholic" and the Greek Orthodox were one Church for a thousand yrs? So yes, and can be said that the Orthodox compiled the Bible too..
- I sometimes exaggerate "Roman Roman" because I honestly think you guys don't have a clue what the title means, which is odd given how many times its been explained to you. Then again, how many times does an 8 yr old explain to y'all how the Earth is NOT 5,000 yrd old? Does it register? Nope, then why would something simple as the origins of the title "Roman" register?
WHAT REALLY???? Now that is the very first time I have ever hear a catholic on this forum say that the orthodox church got credit for compiling the Bible...yes the two churches we one in the very beginning. It was not a catholic of orthodox. How many time do I have to explain..Catholic meaning UNIVERSAL...Not catholic as in the catholic church of today..Question now to you, why did it take you so long to make the claim that the orthodox church complied the Bible...if you include the orthodox church as doing this than this must also mean the orthodox church is also the True Church that Christ founded....

United States

#556006 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
-
Really.
-
-
-
Liam wrote:
Liar. You have no evidence you propaganda machine you. Even fanatics stay away from the lunacy u represent..
-
-
Yet ANOTHER ad hominem attack from a TYPICAL Catholic who can't muster an actual argument against me.
-
The ongoing history of your church is "evidence".
It's written down.
And it's all over the 'net for anyone to read.
And even Wiki has pages on everything your church has done against mankind (well, probably not EVERYTHING).
-
Lo' and behold! even YOU can even go in and change the Wiki pages if they prove to be incorrect!!
Go in and change them; I dare you.
-
IF YOU can change the Wiki pages, then I will consider it as *accurate evidence* that YOU are correct in your assertions.
-
Go in and change it and be sure to let me know where you made the changes. I demand proof of your assertions.

Location hidden

#556007 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And I must also add...the orthodox church believes it is the true Church that Jesus founded and they also believe that it is the Orthodox church and only the orthodox church that compiled the Bible.. ask any orthodox these questions and they will not say that it was the catholic church the founded anything...we were one church yes in the beginning The Way....
USA Born

Upland, CA

#556008 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
In what years were the Greek and RCC one church? There was no RCC until the fourth century, so please prove the churches were the same.

Have you ever heard me say the earth is only 5,000 years old? You're acting like an 8 year old with your assertions and accusations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 778,952
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 7 min sam 52
Designer sarees Online 14 min fan 4
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 28 min daveo69 72
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 46 min JpostNewsYTube 605,379
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Pegasus 265,574
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min JpostNewsYTube 175,788
Gay snapchat names 8 hr boygyhoy 183
More from around the web