Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556403 Aug 23, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
I recommend ONE good book.
The Bible.
Amen to that and that's the book for me. I stand upon the word of God the
B I B L E.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556404 Aug 23, 2014
"Once saved ... always saved."

Of course you all believe that is truth ... for your selves ... just not for others.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556405 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......I thought you would be in bed by now.
He has to tell others how evil we are. Only then will he believe he has preached a righteous sermon for GOD.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556406 Aug 23, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, do YOU think that a person is Saved because they got Baptized in their church, and if a person is not Baptized in their church, they are not Saved?
INFANT DAMNATION

Presbyterianism without infant damnation would be like the dog on the train that couldn't be identified because it had lost its tag.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

It has taken a weary long time to persuade American Presbyterians to give up infant damnation and try to bear it the best they can.

Mark Twain

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#556407 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are not being at all fair or truthful.
Protestants were the first Christians in America and it was those Protestants that were killing each other as heretics and witches ... NOT Catholics.
The Catholics were busy in Europe committing "their" bloody deeds in the name of GOD.
~~~

NO ONE CAN UNDO THE PAST,......BUT WE CAN CHANGE OUR FUTURE..AND OUR DESTINY...

2Co 6:1 We then, as workers together

with him,

beseech you also

that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

2Co 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and

in the day of salvation have I succoured thee:

behold,

NOW is the accepted time; behold,

NOW is the day of salvation.)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556408 Aug 23, 2014
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Baptism

It was universally taught by churchmen that children who died unbaptized would suffer forever in hell.

Let's Play

#556409 Aug 23, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously the original
Peace
Perhaps I can offer you a little different perspective to consider....
The Pope at that time was visiting a foreign land to extend a hand in friendship and overcome the difficulties between Christianity and Muslims. Since that time, I think things have deteriorated, don't you?
The word "compromise" of course takes on negative meanings for all involved, especially when it comes to politics and religion. So to interject that into your own thoughts on that situation means that you hold your beliefs "higher, or better" than those of others. If that is the case, then there can be no solicitude in your mind, and therefore a lack of peace concerning the beliefs of those who do not believe as you do.
Paul was a skillful man in his writings, because he was well taught not only in Judaism, but also in Greek philosophy, and Roman society. He became all things to all men, not to condemn them, but to bring them together in Jesus Christ. If a person rejects Jesus, as it is written in the Bible, does not necessarily mean that they reject Jesus( I am speaking of Muslims now), for they hold in in high regard. I could see Paul extending his hand in friendship and overcoming the difficulties between Christians and Muslims, can't you?
Although a unification of Islam and Christianity lays in the future, the future is also now for all involved, as we belong to the faith of Abraham, and the promises made to him by God. Thus it is a good idea to extend a hand in friendship rather than think one's own religion as superior. It is the Golden Rule.
So just follow what Jesus teaches....
Peace
Greetings Robert, I think I will have to agree to disagree with you somewhat on this subject:

I would not mind to extend a hand of friendship to a Muslim. But if I do not regard my God and his Son Jesus Christ as the most high and much better than any other....then I am not a true Christian in my eyes.... God is the only true living God and I cannot consent to any other.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#556410 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......you not feeling well? Not one comment about 42,200 half truth, bible only hackers.
...or is this the new hojo as June stated? The kinder, more gentle hojo. Hahaha!
42,300!......100 new bible only (contradicting) new denominations.....An increase from 24 hours ago

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#556411 Aug 23, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
I recommend ONE good book.
The Bible.
Amen to that. The Bible is so good that even the Muslim's plagiarized parts of the Qu'ran from it.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556412 Aug 23, 2014
HEL
USAGE: Norse Mythology
Meaning & History
In Norse mythology this was the name of the daughter of Loki. She got her name from the underworld, also called Hel, where she ruled, which meant "to conceal, to cover" in Old Norse (related to the English word hell).

http://www.behindthename.com/name/hel

Let's Play

#556413 Aug 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I know you personally yes, and I am very happy to know you as you well know :)
Okay I was just checking....lol .......I am glad to know you too.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556414 Aug 23, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
What if Jesus and God decide between their selves that you are far too arrogant to deserve salvation?

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556415 Aug 23, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. The Bible is so good that even the Muslim's plagiarized parts of the Qu'ran from it.
Jewish literature was "so good" according to the Christians, that the old testament and the new testament was plagiarized from that Jewish "material."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#556416 Aug 23, 2014
WHEN SHE HAD AN ENCOUNTER WITH JESUS THE WOMAN AT JACOBS WELL

SAID..

Joh 4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

JESUS HAD NOT INTRODUCES THE WOMAN TO A CHURCH, NOR A RELIGIOUS SOCIETY..

Joh 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

.He was THE SON OF GOD.....

PROVING HIS WORDS WHEN SAID

Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and

he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Let's Play

#556417 Aug 23, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
2Co 6:1 We then, as workers together
with him,
beseech you also
that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2Co 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and
in the day of salvation have I succoured thee:
behold,
NOW is the accepted time; behold,
NOW is the day of salvation.)
Amen to that.....because it is the Word of God and you are right on.

And to June another verse comes to mind:
Revelations 22
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

God is willing to save you give you peace and joy, but it is your choice June.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556418 Aug 23, 2014
The Talmud was PURE monotheistic Judaism.

After that, it all went sliding down hill from one lot of disgruntled Jews to another, until they ended up with a new testament of lies that suited Christians.

Let's Play

#556419 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What if Jesus and God decide between their selves that you are far too arrogant to deserve salvation?
Quoting the word of God is not arrogance it is knowledge.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556420 Aug 23, 2014
The biggest lie of all religion is that a Jewish Rabbi (Rabboni ... GREAT TEACHER of Judaism)... would want to join up with any Christian group of ex-Jewish radicals.

THAT lie was and IS a humdinger.

Let's Play

#556421 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish literature was "so good" according to the Christians, that the old testament and the new testament was plagiarized from that Jewish "material."
Those 2 (Old and New) go hand in hand and give a valid explanation as to why there are 2 the Old and New......
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556422 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Quoting the word of God is not arrogance it is knowledge.
The Muslims would agree with you ... but only as long as THEY are the ones doing the quoting from the Qur'an.

The world Allah means God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Mnbvc 30,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 2 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 2 hr USSF 184
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 6 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
More from around the web