Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556344 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no reference to the pope being Christ's substitute. What kind of a link is this? If the Church believed the pope is Christ's substitute don't you think there'd actually be some teaching to that effect?
....I never said the church said that.

,....Some Previous popes and some Vatican officials have claimed such things as the pope being divine or as God himself.

.....learn to research yourself. I'm tired of doing the lifting.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#556345 Aug 23, 2014
http://defendingthecatholictruth.blogspot.com...

Excellent link which shreds to pieces the canard about the pope being "Christ's substitute" .
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556346 Aug 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
........And ever is Allah Knowing and Forbearing.

Only Muhammad could defer or take wives as he pleased.
Was this part of God's plan???
....If you were born by chance a Muslim you would have no problem believing this.

......religious indoctrination more often than not determines what you believe about your deity and what it teaches.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556347 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
The Bible says people who do not like to retain God in their knowledge shall be turned over to a reprobate mind.
There are many reprobates in this world.
Reprobate mind.....because of their total abandonment of God, He allowed to be without any sense of judgment concerning right and wrong.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#556348 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....I never said the church said that.
,....Some Previous popes and some Vatican officials have claimed such things as the pope being divine or as God himself.
.....learn to research yourself. I'm tired of doing the lifting.
USA did, and you jumped in to save his ass as you always do when someone attacking the Church with fabricated crap is shown wrong. Those statement are either made up, unable to be sourced or taken totally out of context. If that's your idea of "research", I don't think you understand the word. And naturally you have no link to these statements. You're a joke Mike, always have been, always will be.

As an aside, presto and quite a few other fundie kook preachers claim to be apostles and have been visited by the resurrected Jesus. Why never a peep from you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556349 Aug 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is NOT a substitute for Jesus Christ !...HIS Universal Church IS the Mystical Body of Jesus HIMSELF manifested and given to us in HIS TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharist!......... Jesus Christ HIMSLF----IS the CHURCH!---------There is NO Jesus without HIS Apostolic CHURCH!.....There is no Absolute TRUTH without HIS CHURCH....Paul confirms and re-affirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls The CHURCH ( not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH..
Ah just love it when you call your pope what he is....a liar....\

Thanks...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556350 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Its obvious you have already pre-judged everyone based on YOUR understanding of christian only scriptures.
....I am sure there are billions of people through history never heard of Jesus, and many today for their own reasons interpret beliefs differently than you do.
....If there is a judgement day, I am sure you won't be one of the judges.
Michael,

I want to thank you for your kind reply to me on several posts back concerning my parents....

I give God all the praise and glory for helping me through the tough times at taking care of them.....

To never hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ is of no excuse....this is one reason why we have missionaries......

“For what can be known about God is manifest plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse”

The remains of the conscience are marred but not destroyed..........it still operates in us.

Location hidden

#556351 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
USA did, and you jumped in to save his ass as you always do when someone attacking the Church with fabricated crap is shown wrong. Those statement are either made up, unable to be sourced or taken totally out of context. If that's your idea of "research", I don't think you understand the word. And naturally you have no link to these statements. You're a joke Mike, always have been, always will be.
As an aside, presto and quite a few other fundie kook preachers claim to be apostles and have been visited by the resurrected Jesus. Why never a peep from you?
Catholic encyclopedia: Pope, The - The bishop of Rome, successor of St. Peter, chief of the whole Church, and the Vicar of Christ on earth

vicar: a person appointed to do the work of another

Christ on earth was appointed to do the work of another..His Father...Christ had the same Divinity as His Father to do His Father's work. How will this vicar do the work of another...Jesus Christ... if he has not the Divinity of Christ to be able to do the works of Christ?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556352 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....If you were born by chance a Muslim you would have no problem believing this.
......religious indoctrination more often than not determines what you believe about your deity and what it teaches.
Not for me, Michael.....

I question everything....and do my research.....

If I was born a Muslim, I would be questioning everything.....

It is knowledge and understanding......What has God has given to the human race???

“the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ”

Location hidden

#556353 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of fabricated cxxx...
You said: When you first came on here you were relatively reasonable. Now you've become some hysterical fanatic reciting the same brain dead anti Catholic propaganda as the rest of the fundies. Or is this who you really were all along ?

I asked:
Is this what you are calling "hysterical fanatic reciting the same brain dead anti Catholic propaganda "? Quote: Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Why are you not answering my question
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#556354 Aug 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you church was a substitute for Christ. Your vicar of Christ was created by your church fathers as a substitute for Christ. Only satan would create a subsitute for Christ.
Christ died once unto sin. Christ alone is our salvation but you swear the eucharist is the way to salvation. That makes you a Biblical harlot.
Jesus HIMSELF pointed Peter as HIS earthly representative (as Bishop -"overseer" ) to lead HIS CHURCH ---Matthew 16:13-21 , Acts 2,and 1Timothy 3:15----until HE (Jesus ) returns for the second time ------Jesus Is the Eucharist ( HIS TRUE Body and Blood John 6:47-59---- Jesus in the Eucharist is the covenant between God and HIS true followers...."For unless you eat my Body which is "real food" and drink my blood which is "real drink"----you CANNOT have eternal life....You bible only fundamentalists are "so caught up in your (twisted and perverted ) anti- catholic DISTORTED PERSONAL OPINIONS and Inconsistent interpretations of the Bible that each one of your 42,200+ contradicting (man made) splintered denominations are chaotically spinning around and around in circles ---arguing, complaining and fighting with each other going nowhere) jiust like the tea cup at Disneyland......It's. called mass confusion:: The difference is that we as Catholics have the TRUTH of the Mass leaving you bible only's with the "confusion"!
hojo

Chaska, MN

#556356 Aug 23, 2014
No Jesus Without HIS Church
Jesus is the Way. But Jesus comes to us in a tripartite "way": first, Jesus exists as the God-man in heaven, in his resurrected, glorified, Incarnate body. Secondly, Christ comes to us, as discussed above, in his Eucharistic body. "(T)he bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh ... Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" (John 6: 51, 53). The flesh and blood of Christ that we consume in the Eucharist is, by Christ's own admission, the same flesh and blood of the incarnate Jesus who offered himself on the cross. The Apostolic Father St. Ignatius of Antioch concurs: "The heretics have gone out from us ... because they do not confess the Eucharist is the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ, the same flesh and blood that suffered for our sins, and that the Father, in his goodness, raised up again" (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6, c. 107 AD).
And, lastly, Christ now comes to us in his mystical body, the Church. "(S)o we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another" (Rom. 12:5). If we do not accept Jesus in all three ways, we do not accept him at all, for this is the whole Christ..
Yes, it is vitally important to have an intimate relationship with God through Christ. But such a personal relationship with Jesus can only be properly achieved and realized in all its fullness in the Church that he himself established, which is his Mystical Body, and through its sacraments.
There is no Jesus without the Church. To be a Christian without belonging to His Church is a contradiction in terms. One might as well spend their Sundays sitting in a movie theatre.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556357 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
http://defendingthecatholictru th.blogspot.com/2012/10/pope-c laimed-to-be-god-by-catholic-p oint.html?m=1
Excellent link which shreds to pieces the canard about the pope being "Christ's substitute" .
...(lol)......A. Pro-catholic website. What would one expect?. You surfed until you found a website that you agree with.... Hahaha!

....3 years ago how many times on this forum did posters like you, do damage control every time Benedict opened his mouth about the scandals? We heard every excuse from that's not what he meant, or the media took it out of context or as hojo says liberal hack catholics making up false accusations....... Unbelievable!

.....and you still don't understand why so many catholics today have lost trust of bishops and other authorities in your church.

....today catholic clergy are on a trust level similar to car salesmen and defence attorneys.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556358 Aug 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
No Jesus Without HIS Church
Jesus is the Way. But Jesus comes to us in a tripartite "way": first, Jesus exists as the God-man in heaven, in his resurrected, glorified, Incarnate body. Secondly, Christ comes to us, as discussed above, in his Eucharistic body. "(T)he bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh ... Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" (John 6: 51, 53). The flesh and blood of Christ that we consume in the Eucharist is, by Christ's own admission, the same flesh and blood of the incarnate Jesus who offered himself on the cross. The Apostolic Father St. Ignatius of Antioch concurs: "The heretics have gone out from us ... because they do not confess the Eucharist is the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ, the same flesh and blood that suffered for our sins, and that the Father, in his goodness, raised up again" (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6, c. 107 AD).
And, lastly, Christ now comes to us in his mystical body, the Church. "(S)o we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another" (Rom. 12:5). If we do not accept Jesus in all three ways, we do not accept him at all, for this is the whole Christ..

Yes, it is vitally important to have an intimate relationship with God through Christ. But such a personal relationship with Jesus can only be properly achieved and realized in all its fullness in the Church that he himself established, which is his Mystical Body, and through its sacraments.
There is no Jesus without the Church. To be a Christian without belonging to His Church is a contradiction in terms. One might as well spend their Sundays sitting in a movie theatre.
......you not feeling well? Not one comment about 42,200 half truth, bible only hackers.

...or is this the new hojo as June stated? The kinder, more gentle hojo. Hahaha!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556359 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>

......As an aside, presto and quite a few other fundie kook preachers claim to be apostles and have been visited by the resurrected Jesus. Why never a peep from you?
....Does it make you feel good to name call, and insult the posters like Preston? Does it give you some gratification? I am sure Preston goes to bed every night wondering why you pick on him.

.......Your entire focus is always on the fundalmentalists in a negative way.. What do you care if Preston calls himself an apostle or a Colonel when he was defending your country. You have to learn to play along.

....Its time Anthony you embrace all people, and put your anger aside. Learn to treat everyone as an equal a I do, and as Pope Francis does.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556360 Aug 23, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously the original
Peace
Kissing the Quran as a sign of respect, for the beliefs of another religion. Is it showing disrespect to God?
Indeed God is a consuming fire, but it is a fire of love. Not of human love which is possessive, but of charity for all of humanity and creation.
One must consider the two commandments of Jesus to love God and fellow man. And in the latter case, it is better to respect the beliefs of others, and not offend them, and make of them an enemy.
Consider this, if when the Pope was given the Quran, he were to spit on it, and throw it on the ground, do you think this would have made friends with Muslims, or do you think they may have been repulsed by what he would have done.(And some extremists rioted and killed?)
If I were in a culture where I was offered a gift, and refused that gift, do you not see that the people of that culture would be offended?
We are to be all things to all men according to Paul's way of thinking. Do you disagree?
Peace
Hi Robert.

I am not saying he should have spit on them and cursed them out. I am saying he should not have kissed something that goes completely against the Bible. To me that is just like Judas.

I don't think, Paul is saying that we should compromise our faith or lie to others by being two faced. If the Pope believes in the Christian way then he does not believe in the Qur'an. That was misleading and to me like bowing before another god. It is of course good to show yourself friendly but that doesn't mean that you have to compromise your beliefs to appease others.

Let's Play

#556361 Aug 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we understand that Muhammad is a law unto himself???
You,[O Muhammad], may put aside whom you will of them or take to yourself whom you will. And any that you desire of those [wives] from whom you had [temporarily] separated - there is no blame upon you [in returning her]. That is more suitable that they should be content and not grieve and that they should be satisfied with what you have given them - all of them. And Allah knows what is in your hearts. And ever is Allah Knowing and Forbearing.
Only Muhammad could defer or take wives as he pleased.
Was this part of God's plan???
I do not believe Muhammad had any part in God's plan. He is a false doctrine meant to lead men astray from following Jesus Christ the Word of God.

Let's Play

#556362 Aug 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham is a false teacher teaching the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved in which he will have to answer for this.......
Yes and like you said he will be held accountable before his actions.

Let's Play

#556363 Aug 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Reprobate mind.....because of their total abandonment of God, He allowed to be without any sense of judgment concerning right and wrong.
I can tell that you are wise in the word of God. I like reading your posts and conversing with you.

I think God lets us all know when we are sinning and doing wrong. There is a condemner inside and it lets us feel when we do wrong. However, I believe that if people continue to override the condemning of sin and continue on in it trying to justify it then the condemner will not continue to strive with us.

Location hidden

#556364 Aug 23, 2014
Ant and other misguided souls...

God Almighty is the Spiritual Father of some...to call a man Father is a slap in the face of God Almighty...it brings God to the level of a mere human being...shame...shame...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Aura Mytha 88,110
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 7 min USAUSAUSA 124
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 11 min Taco-smacko 2
The Future of Politics in America 14 min Buck Crick 222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 977,292
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min LAWEST100 184,720
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 30 min Buck Crick 551
More from around the web