Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 642148 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556314 Aug 23, 2014
There are never shortages concerning systems of religious beliefs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Reincarnation

1. me•tem•psy•cho•sis
/ˌmetəm& #716;sīˈk ōsəs/

Noun

The supposed transmigration at death of the soul of a human being or animal into a new body.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#556315 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....throughout catholic history popes and other vatican officials have made such claims.
The Pope Claims to be God on Earth
Author: Amazing Discoveries™
Publish date: Feb 24, 2009
Summary: Read proof that throughout the Roman Church's history, the Papacy has often claimed that the Pope is divine.
Sarto's Homily
Library Articles By Subject Reformation The Pope Claims to be God on Earth
Share with others:
.......Throughout the centuries of Rome's existence, the popes have regularly claimed to be divine. As the supposed successor of Peter, the Pope claims infallibility, the position of God on Earth, and ability to judge and excommunicate angels.
........A letter from Cardinal Giuseppe Sarto (who became Pope Pius X in 1903) as quoted in Publications of the Catholic Truth Society Volume 29 (Catholic Truth Society: 1896): 11.
A letter from Cardinal Giuseppe Sarto (who became Pope Pius X in 1903) as quoted ...
Cardinal Sarto, who became Pope Pius X, said this:
.....The Pope represents Jesus Christ Himself..
.....This ancient Catholic document, Extravagantes Johannes, refers to the Pope as
This ancient Catholic document, Extravagantes Johannes, refers to the Pope as "Our Lord God the ...
In 1512 Christopher Marcellus said this to Pope Julius II:
Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth.
Link please. And none if this says the pope is a substitute for Christ.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#556316 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
......In 1895 an article from the Catholic National said this: The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but he is Jesus Christ, Himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.
Lol. There were lots of stuff going around in the 19th century. It even spawned a political party (the 'know nothing party) bent on destroying Catholicism. They were the ones who stood at Ellis island and through crap at the Irish Catholics. They tricked them into joining the Army during the civil war and laughed when the expendable Catholic was sent to the front. They spread so much garbage about Catholicism.'Pope was the anti Christ', torture murder torture murder. Lol.A lot of it still sticks today.. guest could have been their 'vice president of field operations'.
I'm not saying your post isn't worded right, but its definately taken out of context. The Church doesnt teach what you're implying.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing

Prince George, Canada

#556317 Aug 23, 2014
Religious "behavior." What a quaint expression.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Religious behaviour is thought to have emerged by the Upper Paleolithic, before 30,000 years ago at the latest,[1] but behavioral patterns such as burial rites that one might characterize as religious - or as ancestral to religious behaviour - reach back into the Middle Paleolithic, as early as 300,000 years ago, coinciding with the first appearance of Homo neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_reli ...
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#556318 Aug 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with you and usa born is u read the Bible with your 21st century language and culture. Thats how Jesus words get twisted around..
You said "yes I call my doctor "doctor", I would not dream of calling him 'father'.
You shouldn't be calling no man "doctor" if you are true to Mathew 23:9-10
"Doctor" is the Latin word for "teacher", where you also get "Rabbi" and "father".
We ask our spiritual father's for guidance, advice, instruction etc. You do the exact same thing with your Doctor, who like the Priest, earned a degree or calling that qualifies him for that title.
You just need to twist and rip apart the Words of Christ to prove you are correct. Your worship of the eucharist has left you as hollow as it's supposed salvation.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#556319 Aug 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You just need to twist and rip apart the Words of Christ to prove you are correct. Your worship of the eucharist has left you as hollow as it's supposed salvation.
I worship Jesus Christ. If you knew what the Eucharist is, you'd cry for Mercy from God.
maid angela

Great Yarmouth, UK

#556320 Aug 23, 2014
What a load of nonsense. The Catholic church is a financial and political organisation that uses people superstitious to enhance and support their power
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#556321 Aug 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is NOT a substitute for Jesus Christ !...HIS Universal Church IS the Mystical Body of Jesus HIMSELF manifested and given to us in HIS TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharist!......... Jesus Christ HIMSLF----IS the CHURCH!---------There is NO Jesus without HIS Apostolic CHURCH!.....There is no Absolute TRUTH without HIS CHURCH....Paul confirms and re-affirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls The CHURCH ( not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH..
I never said you church was a substitute for Christ. Your vicar of Christ was created by your church fathers as a substitute for Christ. Only satan would create a subsitute for Christ.

Christ died once unto sin. Christ alone is our salvation but you swear the eucharist is the way to salvation. That makes you a Biblical harlot.
Bobby

UK

#556322 Aug 23, 2014
Interesting
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#556323 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the Church claim the pope is a substitute for Christ?
Really, you don't know the origins of vicar of Christ? You should, your church fathers created it. You should know who you follow.

Vicar of Christ
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/627...
vicar,(from Latin vicarius,“substitute”), an official acting in some special way for a superior, primarily an ecclesiastical title in the Christian Church. In the Roman Empire as reorganized by Emperor Diocletian (reigned 284–305), the vicarius was an important official, and the title remained in use for secular officials in the Middle Ages. In the Roman Catholic Church,“vicar of Christ” became the special designation of the popes starting in the 8th century, and eventually it replaced the older title of “vicar of St. Peter.”

Another evil the Apostle Peter had nothing to do with, just blamed for.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556324 Aug 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. There were lots of stuff going around in the 19th century. It even spawned a political party (the 'know nothing party) bent on destroying Catholicism. They were the ones who stood at Ellis island and through crap at the Irish Catholics. They tricked them into joining the Army during the civil war and laughed when the expendable Catholic was sent to the front. They spread so much garbage about Catholicism.'Pope was the anti Christ', torture murder torture murder. Lol.A lot of it still sticks today.. guest could have been their 'vice president of field operations'.
I'm not saying your post isn't worded right, but its definately taken out of context. The Church doesnt teach what you're implying.

,....Who verifies what you say is true? During the past few years popes have made many statements that raised eyebrows of catholics. What catholics do then is always claim that's not what they meant to say or what the pope said was taken out of context.

Unbelievable!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556325 Aug 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I recommend two good books: "Something Other Than God" by Jennifer Fulwiler. A former atheist who was raised by atheist parents.. She later "read" her way into the Catholic Church through honest scholarly work.
And "Proof of Heaven" by Eben Alexander. A neurosurgeon-atheist has a near death experience from a bacterial infection that attacked his brain. His expert knowledge of the brain and analysis of the data later on, made him realize the impossibilty of him imagining it all. According to him: we were created and everything God created is eternally bound to Him. Even those in hell can't escape the fact they are created beings. His trip through purgatory or the 'outer realms' of hell is interesting.
.....there just someones opinions and created his own drama to keep you interested.

Prince George, Canada

#556326 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
...Pope Francis says.....
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online)- The Holy Father is full of surprises, born of true and faithful humility.
On Wednesday he declared that "all people", not just Catholics, are redeemed through Jesus, even atheists.
----------
.....sounds like June Vandermark will also be an equal in heaven,
I guess the pope must have taken lead from Billy Graham and thought to his self ... "I can't allow that damned Protestant to up-stage ME in having a nice-guy image."

:)

Of course the modern Pagans already had the lead on Billy Graham and pope Francis when they claimed that the goddess loves everybody ... even homosexuals.

The stories have more and more flavor as each modern preacher tries to outdo the other.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556327 Aug 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
.....excuses excuses!! WA Wa Wah! everything not written by the church is out of context. When catholic church leaders says things incorrectly they too are taken out of context.(lol)

......I know, everything the church writes is infallable, is that what you are saying? Everything everyone else writes about the church is a lie.

....Catholic church leaders over the years have made some goofy statements but thats OK!(lol)

Prince George, Canada

#556328 Aug 23, 2014
Maybe soon, in religious circles, the old popes and Martin Luther and the like will be seen for what they were ... serial killers.

Religion does seem to be going topsy-turvy.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if someday Agnostics and Atheists are the only ones that are perceived as not having recommended killing in the names of gods?

Prince George, Canada

#556329 Aug 23, 2014
The so-named father of Wicca, Gerald Gardner didn't state that the goddesses wanted homosexuals stoned to death or even harmed ... but he did state that the goddess "cursed" homosexuals.

I guess in the "light" of religious circles that could be referred to as harm.

What a lot of hooey humans have peddled as truth from gods and goddesses.

YUCK!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556330 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Link please. And none if this says the pope is a substitute for Christ.
http://www.proofdirectory.org/in-1895-an-arti... -

....Pope Leo XIII said these things about the role of the Papacy and the Roman Church:
Our thoughts went out towards the immense multitude of those who are strangers to the gladness that filled all Catholic hearts: some because they lie in absolute ignorance of the Gospel; others because they dissent from the Catholic belief, though they bear the name of Christians.

This thought has been, and is, a source of deep concern to Us; for it is impossible to think of such a large portion of mankind deviating, as it were, from the right path, as they move away from Us, and not experience a sentiment of innermost grief. But since We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty...

But the supreme teacher in the Church is the Roman Pontiff. Union of minds, therefore, requires, together with a perfect accord in the one faith, complete submission and obedience of will to the Church and to the Roman Pontiff,.....AS TO GOD HIMSELF.

Prince George, Canada

#556331 Aug 23, 2014
I'm thankful I will never have to apologize to a homosexual, because the fact IS, I cared more for homosexuals than I cared about paying any heed to a biblical scripture written by men with homophobic mindsets, who in turn wanted to blame a god for their own homophobia.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556332 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the pope must have taken lead from Billy Graham and thought to his self ... "I can't allow that damned Protestant to up-stage ME in having a nice-guy image."
Of course the modern Pagans already had the lead on Billy Graham and pope Francis when they claimed that the goddess loves everybody ... even homosexuals.
The stories have more and more flavor as each modern preacher tries to outdo the other.
.....There are instances that the church decides that some decisions popes do is infallible and the rest of what they do can be questionable..........OK!(lol)

.....Back in the 1854 Pope Pius IX claimed the immaculate conception of Mary then a few years later the vatican council doctrine declared Mary ascended into heaven body and soul. So someone in the church authority had to declare that it was the holy spirit invoking all these infallible doctrine decisions made by the pope.

.......There have been 3 instances within 80 years of the churches 2000 year history of an officially declared Papal Infallible doctrine. The first was in 1854, when Pope Pius IX declared the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception (The blessed Virgin Mary was conceived in St. Anne's womb free from original sin), then in 1870 at the first Vatican Council when the doctrine of Papal Infalliblity was officially declared to be true, and then in 1950 by Pope Pius XII when he declared the doctrine of the Assumption (the blessed Virgin Mary was assumed body and soul into Heaven).

.....some times the pope can be infallible, sometimes not. The vatican council decides when they get the green light from the holy spirit to invoke such measures.

.......I wonder when the next council gets the green light again from the HS.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556333 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
.....So June according to Pope Francis if we are wrong,(atheist, agnostic) then we will then be eligible to enter the kingdom of heaven to be with the rest of the posters on here.

....I am not getting too excited about meeting Hojo, in the after life.(lol)

....hell must be a lot smaller place than we originally thought if the Pope is increasing the number of lanes running into heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min nanoanomaly 970,189
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min scientia potentia... 39,052
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min Annaleigh 104,793
Ayo yang di bogor 1 hr Seeyou rmls 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 182,315
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ricky F 618,458
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Jack 205
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web