Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,226
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#555907 Aug 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well I look forward to living with my daughter and leaving my clothes on the floor and never cleaning my room and talking on the phone while listening to my Janis Joplin records full blast....
Do you really want to be grounded to your room until it is cleaned?

:o)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#555908 Aug 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want to be grounded to your room until it is cleaned?
:o)
If I remember correctly she didn't listen and was rebellious teenager. I intend to be the same...lol

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#555909 Aug 21, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you convinced that Jesus is the savior and not the anti christ?
I only ask that question out of curiosity and not disrespect..
He ( Jesus ) cleared mans way to talk with God personally, yet he says, no one come to the father except through me, and He is basically saying that man needs no Intermediary between God and Man..
" Even Satan Masquerades Around As Light"
The very name,Antichrist means,against Christ . And yes the Evil one is a deceiver, however ...

Jesus cured people ..TOLD THEM THE most important commandments were to love,GOD and each other (the evil one,will not tell us,to love God, imo)

He was,mercilessly killed as a sacrifice for sin..as prophesied by Isaih , by HIS STRIPES we,are healed.
He rose,from the dead ...his,Father said THIS,IS,MY BELOVED SON .

none of these,things,and much more fit any type,of antichrist......encouraged, nail s in His flesh , SACRIFICED , the vehicle ordained by the Creator to pay for SIN.....but only a,PERFECT sacrifice pays God's,perfect justice .

So NO , Jesus was THE CHRIST .. not anti anything but sin and man's,perversion of RELIGION .
renting the VEIL that SEPARATED,GOD FROM MAN..no more,PRIEST OR HIGH PRIEST as intermediaries.

I believe the,apostles were the messengers of the Great Commision.

The more I learn, I don't believe the Temple SYSTEM was to be Followed , at all .

I guess,we will know in the end .

I think man, as usual, took something Simple and beautiful , and complicated it so much that supposedly ONLY THEOLOGIANS , priests, bishops , can tell us,what Jesus,meant ....and nit only Catholics, though they have the priests. Others,believe,only their education and interpretation holds,true .

Jesus,told us,FAITH ,eternal life, born again ,are basics,along with then loving God and each other, forgiveness to us AND by us,...and do this in remembrance .

Catholics,say only in their Church....is salvation..so do others a few on here.

Jesus,said be born again ...I AM THE WAY .

do we have the,gift of grace in order that WE BELIEVE IN HIM..

that is,the question ...and answer to your question..

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555910 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the bible.
You said Eph 2:8 is definitely true and then you post James 2 faith without works is dead.
how does Ephesians not contradict what James says??
Remember...you said Eph 2:8 is definitely true.
It all goes hand in hand when you take it as a whole.

By grace we are saved not of our own works it is the gift of God.....Once saved we are supposed to do the works of God not man.....I can not do the works of God without grace. I could not save myself it took a Savior, Jesus Christ. In me there is no good work, but by the Grace of God I am able to do good works....not of myself.....but of grace. But if I do not even try to do good works I am not using grace....faith and grace is dead without works......

Albuquerque, NM

#555911 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst, the world has no original manuscripts of the Bible.
Correct the 4th C editions of the Vaticanus and Siniaticus are the oldest known.

Good - you are being to research this. Which also shows that any since the original autographs are not present, one can honestly admit that they are not quite sure on if the words they read today are accurate to the time they were written.

Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus" clearly shows that the books you read today are not he original versions.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>The earliest copies of the copies of the copies' copies is 1,600 yrs old. It was in a codex type 'book' that was done shorltly before Christians had a Bible
1. It contains the 7 Books that Protestants say we "added" at the council of Trent.
2. It contains 2 additional Books not even in the NT canon today - the Epistle of Barnabes and the Shepherd of Hermas.
Maybe you should be taking your teaching skills to your next Bible study. Be sure to include the scholarship citations that express how GoThomas has been noted to be an earlier text written than GoMark....and looks to have been a source for Luke and Matthew.

If you keep studying, you will eventually have to review and study non-canonical texts, so you can better understand the canon and what it means.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>You see, NASL, you and your "New age" philosophy have no choice but to accept the authority of the Catholic Church, who YOU have to trust, properly put together and translated Mathew, Mark, Luke and John - and you do not know if it is articulated in it's original form - but you trust these men that they got Jesus' words right, over and over and over again, in multiple languages.
"you and your "New age" philosophy have no choice but to accept the authority of the Catholic Church,"
- OOPS - your arrogance is showing.
- FYI I tried to understand and accept the CC, but ya know, it just doesn't have all the information to make me want to think they are worth accepting or "God" forbid, "have to trust". Gosh....you are really trying to push your ego to the limits, huh? Your self-righteous attitude isn't what Jesus taught at all. In fact, he spoke out against it quite often.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(28) Jesus says:

(1) "I stood in the middle of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them.
(2) I found all of them drunk. None of them did I find thirsty.
(3) And my soul ached for the children of humanity,
because they are blind in their heart, and they cannot see;
for they came into the world empty,
(and) they also seek to depart from the world empty.
(4) But now they are drunk.
(But) when they shake off their wine, then they will change their mind."

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>More on the worlds oldest Bible (and btw, this debunks sola scripture yet again) archeology and historic artifacts are no friend to protestanism.
www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/07/06/ancient.b...
The CNN link may provide you with some information, but a better link is this one.....which allows you to read the Codex Siniaticus online.

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript....

Albuquerque, NM

#555912 Aug 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:

Well I look forward to living with my daughter and leaving my clothes on the floor and never cleaning my room and talking on the phone while listening to my Janis Joplin records full blast....
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Janis Joplin records? Try a CD or ipod.... or 8 track. Anything but a record. You'll appreciate "Bobby Magee" a whole lot more.
Sera - don't mind Liam - for vinyl records - and nice clean unscratched copies, one will have a much better sound quality experience than a CD, 8-track or the iPOD.....and it gives the listener that intense sensation of the music flowing through the body.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#555913 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
So I know that God loves everyone. And he knows mine and everyone's real name.
But do you believe in a complete Jesus - canonical and non-canonical alike?

Many so-called "Christians" are afraid to, because it goes against their current belief of Jesus.

Why do you think many individuals split Jesus up?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#555914 Aug 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I wont be living with her for a long time....I love my own home....sorry I didn't know you were joking. Hard to tell when you cant hear the emotions behind the typing..
It's,easy to love the home we have...I do hope to get to meet someday here or in the next life..who knows,what the future brings,!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#555915 Aug 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Out of YOUR own mouth YOU WILL BE JUDGED..........
This seems like the opinion of many near-death experiencers....many of them express that they weren't judged at all, but were asked how they thought their life was.

A personal judgement is what appears will be what we will have to achieve.

Are you honest enough to admit what you had sown? Can you honestly admit all of these now?

Knowing that you are bias and not a complete Jesus follower, I'd say you won't be.

Albuquerque, NM

#555916 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Yes, I believe in the Bible and I believe nothing is impossible with the Lord. I also think that some things in the Bible are parables. For instance, I might be driving down the road and get a flat tire or something to stop me from going any further. That would be upsetting at first thought, but how do I know that was not God's way of stopping me from getting into an accident on down the road.
If one dwells in fear, fear will encompass them.

One should not use fear to make excuses for something that is unknown.....like a car accident you thought would've occurred.

You shouldn't be so afraid to just be yourself - Jesus wants you to this. You do believe Jesus, right?

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#555917 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>I am not now or ever been a believer in OSAS. I just hope that they will truly be saved one day and understand that you cannot intentionally sin after being saved. If you do that God and Jesus will not walk with you. He will not dwell in an unclean vessel.
I know that you cannot continue in sin once you have been born again. I also know that we do make mistakes, and if we didn't willfully sin (just made a mistake) and we ask sincerely to be forgiven God will forgive us.
My whole question really was I don't understand how OSAS can't comprehend what the Bible says about sin and the state of backsliding. I don't understand how they can believe such a thing as once in grace always in grace when the Bible is contrary to this belief.
....you believe this only because this is all you were taught from infancy. If by chance you were born to a loving protestant/jewish,/Islam family your beliefs would be entirely different.

...do you not get that?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555918 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been away but one thing remains the same. Your posts are still stupid that bring nothing to the forum. At least throw in a "42,000 denominations" or "you re no authority on scripture".
That is the catholic go to reply when the scripture presented contradicts their doctrine.
You provide no Scripture that contradicts my faith, you got that? They are ONLY YOUR INTERPRETATIONS. I'm not yelling, I'm not angry. I just want u to realize: it's just your interpretations.. You can not provide documentation of anyone believing as you do about those verses. And to be honest, Catholicism has a very easy time proving to be Scripturally sound. Its you guys who have to struggle navigating your way around problematic verses.
And correct Chuck- although u may be a nice guy who loves Jesus Christ- you are no authority on Sacred Scripture. Call this reality check "stupid" I don't care. Its the truth. What you say a verse says does not make it so.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#555919 Aug 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!
You are on a forum to PREACH about your source and your god and your spiritual knowledge ... but when I ask you a simple question that deserves an honest answer ... it's suddenly then "none of my business."
Wrong again Ingrid.
If I came here for that purpose,("to PREACH")- I would be doing that dear.
I have repeatedly told you that what works for one does not necessarily work for another.
NO WHERE have I belittled anyone for their beliefs nor promoted mine ya numbskull. Had you been paying attention, you would know that Ms. Newkirk.
Like I just said earlier this AM, you are too busy lumping folks into the stereotypical boxes that >YOU< wish to place them in, to pay attention to what they are actually saying.

Your question may or may not be simple, but it sure as hell does not deserve an answer from anyone, let alone me, unless THEY, or I choose to divulge what they truly think and believe.
What >YOU< think you deserve from others is your problem dear - NOT mine.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#555920 Aug 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,easy to love the home we have...I do hope to get to meet someday here or in the next life..who knows,what the future brings,!!!
...that's right! Who knows what the future brings.

Location hidden

#555921 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are unworthy, then how can you keep your salvation?
Because all are unworthy and have fallen short.
That's why.

Location hidden

#555922 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Through the grace of God. But I cannot just do whatever I want and expect it to keep me. God will not continue to walk with me if I continue to sin and walk away from him and his marvelous grace. Because if I willfully sin I am turning from God and his grace.
Oh pig fur.
Seriously, God walks with everyone.
He is omnipresent. DUH.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555923 Aug 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct the 4th C editions of the Vaticanus and Siniaticus are the oldest known.
Good - you are being earch this. Which also shows that any since the original autographs are not present, one can honestly admit that they are not quite sure on if the words they read today are accurate to the time they were written.
Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus" clearly shows that the books you read today are not he original versions.
<quoted text>
Maybe you should be taking your teaching skills to your next Bible study. Be sure to include the scholarship citations that express how GoThomas has been noted to be an earlier text written than GoMark....and looks to have been a source for Luke and Matthew.
If you keep studying, you will eventually have to review and study non-canonical texts, so you can better understand the canon and what it means.
<quoted text>
"you and your "New age" philosophy have no choice but to accept the authority of the Catholic Church,"
- OOPS - your arrogance is showing.
- FYI I tried to understand and accept the CC, but ya know, it just doesn't have all the information to make me want to think they are worth accepting or "God" forbid, "have to trust". Gosh....you are really trying to push your ego to the limits, huh? Your self-righteous attitude isn't what Jesus taught at all. In fact, he spoke out against it quite often.
(28) Jesus says:
(1) "I stood in the middle of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them.
(2) I found all of them drunk. None of them did I find thirsty.
(3) And my soul ached for the children of humanity,
because they are blind in their heart, and they cannot see;
for they came into the world empty,
(and) they also seek to depart from the world empty.
(4) But now they are drunk.
(But) when they shake off their wine, then they will change their mind."
Why don't you believe Jesus?
<quoted text>
The CNN link may provide you with some information, but a better link is this one.....which allows you to read the Codex Siniaticus online.
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript....
Jesus very well could have said something similar in your Gnostic quotes So what?. He didn't write it. You are trusting Thomas got it correct many yrs later. You're having a laughable time skirting around your problem: The worlds oldest known Bible dates to the 4th century. Therefore you're trusting the Catholic Church, who gathered, edited, compiled and produced it.
You see, Jesus Christ came and started a Church, not manuscripts for u to interpret.

Location hidden

#555924 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Here's how I know. I will not state my opinion as fact, but will quote the Word of God. My opinions do not matter. The Word of God is the only truth and the way. It is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my ways. So that is why I say I have to study and pray for understanding. I do not know everything and if I get in my self then I am wrong. I want to let God have his way and teach me of his ways. I don't ever want to be found standing in his way with my own thoughts.
"My opinions do not matter."
Horse feathers !!!

Tis >YOUR< opinion on the matter which is the only one that does matter to your salvation.

"I don't ever want to be found standing in his way with my own thoughts."

See?
You just verified that your opinions on the matter DO in fact matter.

Location hidden

#555925 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said you can do what you want after you receive salvation...I didn't.
If you willfully sin.....
which brings us back to this:
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
Seems to me that if all sins are forgiven, then all sins are forgiven.
That being said, does God not know that no human is capable of being perfect?
Of course God would know that.
I believe it has been written that if a human breaks one of the big ten, then he has broken them all.
What does that mean?
That means that no one is capable of keeping the big ten, and that appears to be a fact.
That also means that He either loves all and forgives all, or the whole thing is BS because a "just" God would not place his loved ones in a no win situation me thinks.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#555926 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus very well could have said something similar in your Gnostic quotes So what?. He didn't write it. You are trusting Thomas got it correct many yrs later. You're having a laughable time skirting around your problem:
lol you catholics have the same problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,143
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min lovewithin 39,629
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 268,979
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 14 min NWmoon 221,745
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min PAUL HATE SPIRIT 952
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 47 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,635
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 55 min Hatti_Hollerand 129
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr trifecta1 608,229
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 6 hr viky235 164
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 16 hr Coolsa 205
More from around the web