Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603311 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555938 Aug 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
You will promote it, but reject it with every chance.
Why?
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Jesus said to deny yourselves and take up your cross and follow me. I am no longer my own self. I am a new creature and I must strive to be Christ like. To do that I must deny myself and follow Jesus.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555939 Aug 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>l
The TRUTH of the TRUE Word of God in the Bible has told us for over 1500 years where the TRUTH has, is and will always be:...... Paul has told all of us in I Tomothy 3:15 where he calls THE CHURCH ( not the bible alone) is the Pillar, Pinnancle and Foundation of the TRUTH
In the house of God; in conducting the affairs of the church:
Pillar and ground of the truth; the church is the means of sustaining, extending, and perpetuating the saving knowledge of divine truth among men. The cordial reception of the great truths of the gospel, especially those which relate to the character, work, and glory of Christ, is the means of true godliness; and the church is God's institution to maintain those truths, perpetuate a knowledge of them, and extend them through the world.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#555940 Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for responding Robert....
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
It is rather ridiculous to repeat myself, but as I see it, one is complete in Christ, so there is no need to go searching for Him outside the Bible. You apparently have a need to do so. And because of this, you think you have some "secret" knowledge which can be made available at a cost. And the cost is this, that one dilutes the faith in Jesus as God presented in the Bible. It is the "beginning" of the downfall of one's faith in Jesus, as presented in the Bible.
Hold on a moment - there is no cost to believe in Jesus - no matter where his teachings are. Why would you think this?
"that one dilutes the faith in Jesus as God presented in the Bible."
- How so? Please be specific.
- Then tell me - how the non-canonical Jesus is "evil" and not worthy of utilizing?
+IMHO - your thinking is why Jesus is not a complete figure within Christianity.
BTW - your statement here - "It is the "beginning" of the downfall of one's faith in Jesus, as presented in the Bible."
- unfounded conclusion - because I believe in all of his teachings and I don't think the biblical Jesus is any less of a man. Although you may think this for some reason, I am not sure on why one would. It sounds as if you are afraid and have to repeat what others have said, just to save your own skin from any ridicule you think may happen.
*sighs*
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>So, again it is the temptation out of curiosity, to which you seek others to pursue, as you have done.
You've put your own spin on my belief - which isn't very fair to me, huh? Who are you to judge what I am to believe?
And to confirm - I do encourage others to seek out Jesus - but nothing in any mannerisms that you think occurs.
I look for honesty in a person - and clearly Christianity hasn't taught this much, otherwise the Bible and the teachings of Jesus would be reconsidered.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>And for the most part, people are happy where they are at in their faith, and those who seek elsewhere you may influence. But on this forum, I think it is a lost battle for you, IMHO.
Opinions - one thinks of them as grand when spoken, but if textual criticism were to come into play on these opinions, you would fall short of accuracy.
Why do people join up into a religion, prior to researching it first and to ensure that they are getting a complete version?

<<continued to Robert>>>

Albuquerque, NM

#555941 Aug 21, 2014
<<continued to Robert>>
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>As for the rest of what you write, I am tempted to make sense out of it, but I find it so reductionist, that I can't make sense out of it, and would probably overstep my bounds in assuming something that may or may not be there. I can say, that you do this with most people who write more than just a sentence or two back to you. Perhaps it has something to do with your own self being fragmented, and you project that onto other people's thoughts(I know you like to portray yourself as self/Self unified, but perhaps this is not the case?)
Perhaps.....you may think what you will about me, as it won't change my character or current path.
When I post back to an individual - I like to be concise and clear. Since you've chosen not to respond on what I say, it only goes to show that it was something worthwhile - because you seem flustered over it ("that I can't make sense out of it, and would probably overstep my bounds in assuming something that may or may not be there.")
You response shows this to be true or more accurate - lack of the knowledge to retort what I've stated.
Another common tactic used by so-called "Christians" so it doesn't expose their true essence and honesty.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>In any event, that last sentence is something for you to think about. No response is necessary....
Peace
You are correct - I don't need to respond, but then again, you would still be bewildered and confused on what you responded to. I've chosen to explain my posts, considering many on this forum choose not to, but instead utilize "Paul" in their retort.
Yeah - sure - "Paul"......I keep forgetting - that so-called "Christians" find him to be more enlightening than Jesus.
Peace.

Albuquerque, NM

#555942 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> Amen to that.
The word of God is the only true and sound doctrine. It is the rock of ages and it will stand when the world is on fire.
Please post where "God" has specifically stated which texts are of "His" inspiration and which are not.

Albuquerque, NM

#555943 Aug 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you ARE. You just are not being honest.
Do you believe that Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and Atheists and Agnostics, et cetera will be allowed in Christian heaven when we don't believe in Jesus???
Of course you DON'T. Otherwise you are not a Christian.
You can't help lying to others, because you continually lie to your self.
Please stop promoting something you refuse to accept and acknowledge.

Thank you.

Albuquerque, NM

#555944 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all about the best possible path to reach salvation, and the further someone is from the truth of the Catholic faith, the harder and harder it gets.
Unbiased citation please.

I disagree. In fact, i disagree so much, that I've proven already to the forum that salvation is not of the Catholic Church, but of an individual.

Jesus says it clearly with "To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."

Clearly you refuse to accept Jesus' statement upon this salvation, so clearly your church is not one that controls it.

The RCC is NOT any true church for salvation, and this has been shown to be true with numerous posts on this forum, by numerous posters.

Once again - please post your unbiased citation that shows what you say to be true.

Albuquerque, NM

#555945 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
so when does this so called Best preacher start preaching. God filled Preachers cant and don't set at a desk.lol
Are you implying that there are no "offices" in rectories?

Albuquerque, NM

#555946 Aug 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you now believe that Protestants WILL be allowed in heaven with you and Jesus when the roll is called up yonder.
This is indeed a change for the BETTER.
Now how about addressing this question? Do you believe that Hindus and Muslims and Buddhists and Atheists and Agnostics will be allowed in heaven by you and Jesus and God ... when the roll is called up yonder???
:)
You forgot to include the Gnostics, or do you think they will be going to "hell" ?

Albuquerque, NM

#555947 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
SORRY, BUT THIS MAN IS LIKE Robert f., a double minded man.
Soriano initially accepted the appointment of Gugulan but subsequently denounced her leadership stating that women should not be leaders of the church according to the Bible.[
the Bible hasn't changed, yet this guy accepted her at the first and then rejected her.
if she wasnt qualified to be a leader in their church, he should not have supported her in the first place. and then to say, his views are shaped by how he believes the Bible to teach, means that he doesn't follow the Bible after all or God.
to this person following this guy, find you someone who is steadfast in the Bible beliefs and dont change them as the tide turns. there are many good Bible Believing, Bible teaching ministers in this world, that arent caught in webs of sexual beliefs and law suits, and aren't out on bond of hundreds of thousands dollars like he is.
Delineation and the segregation of women.

Happening now as it always has been within the "loving" religion of Christianity.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#555948 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
first, june. I posted TWO examples to prove that I know what I am talking about. the coward was prolly oxbore, who thinks that he knows what he is talking about, when he doesn't.lol
as I said, you have more courage than some of these so called Christians on this blog.
So - just because you can insult and call others name, this allows yourself to be called a preacher of "God".

You should be ashamed and then apologize for your childish act.

Jesus would turn his back on you if he were to think this is what his teachings have done.

*sighs*

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#555949 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text> Greetings to you also and I think that was a very good explanation. There are many OSAS churches where I live. I think some of those people are pure in heart and really do try to have faith and stay in grace; however, many of them do whatever sin they want during the week and then go to church on Sunday. They seem to use grace as a cloak, and think that they can willfully sin. I do not agree with such a belief.
I do not believe in OSAS. I believe in once saved it is time to pick up your cross and follow Jesus and work out your own salvation. I have sometimes made this more difficult than what it should be because instead of knowing that God will forgive me for mistakes (not willful sin), I have sometimes felt over burdened by making small mistakes and was not able to forgive myself for not being perfect. This is, as you said trying to take on a role that I am in no wise capable of fulfilling on my own without the help of Jesus. We are only human and not perfect and that is why we need the grace of God. But I do not want to try and use grace as a cloak. I want to learn and grow in grace.
So yes I agree with your analogy of the two.
seriously the original

Peace

I myself, have undergone what you would say as taking care of the big sins, and letting the small ones catch up to me, and then feeling burdened by them. Another person pointed this out to me, and it is scrupulosity. It is a sense of trying to do things perfectly.

Once I was aware of what I was doing, I could reorganize my way of thinking. It is that all people seek to please God, if they are in a relationship with God. But there is a balance more in line with being diligent in one's faith, and not being self-centered(scrupulosity).

As for my thinking on OSAS, I am glad you agree. I tend to understand both sides of this issue, although I live my life in a non-OSAS way. I think as you say, it might begin a series of "sins" which one believes God forgives on Sunday, so why not on Judgment Day?

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#555950 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
I do not believe in OSAS. I believe in once saved it is time to pick up your cross and follow Jesus and work out your own salvation. I have sometimes made this more difficult than what it should be because instead of knowing that God will forgive me for mistakes (not willful sin), I have sometimes felt over burdened by making small mistakes and was not able to forgive myself for not being perfect.
Self - still promoting actions you have made, huh?

And the fact of the matter is - no religion was required in order for you to accomplish these actions, huh?

Why do you promote the Self, yet refuse to Jesus' teachings on it?
<quoted text> This is, as you said trying to take on a role that I am in no wise capable of fulfilling on my own without the help of Jesus.
More Self?

All the actions that have been achieved by you in your 30+ years - not once did Jesus participate, except within your own mind. This again would be you doing all the actions and choices to achieve the result you have.

Self.
<quoted text> We are only human and not perfect and that is why we need the grace of God.

Unfounded conclusion.

Please post your citation that shows this to be factual.
<quoted text> But I do not want to try and use grace as a cloak. I want to learn and grow in grace.
Yes - more Self attained actions.

No religion required.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#555951 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text> I am sorry to have to say this, but we shall be known by our fruits, and if we have not the love of Christ we have not the Spirit of Christ in our hearts. Jesus did not go around name calling. He came to teach and to preach love and repentance.
I hope that you don't get offended at me, because I did not write the Bible, I just read it and try and follow its teachings.
You sure like to use Jesus a whole lot while promoting actions that require only a person to do.....why? Especially when you don't believe half of what he taught?

You sound confused.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#555952 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text> I am sorry to have to say this, but we shall be known by our fruits, and if we have not the love of Christ we have not the Spirit of Christ in our hearts. Jesus did not go around name calling. He came to teach and to preach love and repentance.
I hope that you don't get offended at me, because I did not write the Bible, I just read it and try and follow its teachings.
seriously the original

I see you have encountered "our" preacher, on this forum. After many years, he has not responded to reason and scripture. He preaches what be believes, and that is it. If you try to preach to him, do not be disappointed. He is not stupid, nor as smart as he believes.

(He may believe that prophets(like John the Baptist) were those who yelled the loudest and were the most cantankerous, but I see them as meek, and lowly, as was Jesus. They didn't need to, they had the Truth on their side.)

Don't get offended by him, I think that is part of his message....

Albuquerque, NM

#555953 Aug 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The groupies of the new age "literature" preach that spirit came before "God."
Yet when I ask them (within the wacky theology) who or what created their spirit ... I receive no answer.
Preachers of religion are never honest with others, as they are not honest with selves.
If you were to read about the ancient religions and dogmas of those days, "Spirit" is "God".

Albuquerque, NM

#555954 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>The Bible is the only true guide. It should be used to learn the truth. I don't feel that I am anything more than anyone else. I am unworthy, and I am just grateful for the crumbs from the master table. I do not think that I am better than anyone else and I never want to think that way....I am just glad for God's mercy and do not care if I am considered least of all his children....just as long as I am one of them.
I just want to make it to heaven and I have hope and pray for everyone. I did not die on a cross so I do not choose who can and will be saved. That is God's job, not mine. I just thank him that he has had mercy on me and I want to be merciful and love others as Jesus does.
Your use of symbolism lacks the meanings that they were meant to include.

"scraps from the master's table" - so eloquent.....yet so untrue and dishonest.

Please post where "God" has specifically stated which texts are of "His" inspiration and which are not.

Knowing this detail will allow one to follow "God" completely, and not erroneously like one has done with the human writers of the Bible.

You can do this, right?

More accurately - I will prophecise that you won't or more precisely - can't because it doesn't exist.

But you can't come to be this honest, can you?

Albuquerque, NM

#555955 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>I am not trying to preach at others, I quoted the word of God. I did not write it, I just quoted it. Oh and I don't think any scripture in the Bible is junk. Man should not live by bread alone but by the word of God.
....not the "Word of God" - the words of "John".

Please be sure to understand that which you read, before exclaiming you actually do.

Albuquerque, NM

#555956 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Through the grace of God. But I cannot just do whatever I want and expect it to keep me. God will not continue to walk with me if I continue to sin and walk away from him and his marvelous grace. Because if I willfully sin I am turning from God and his grace.
Safe answer.

I'm still wondering why you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught, yet claim he is with you as you make this walk through life.

Odd.

Albuquerque, NM

#555957 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Here's how I know. I will not state my opinion as fact, but will quote the Word of God. My opinions do not matter. The Word of God is the only truth and the way. It is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my ways. So that is why I say I have to study and pray for understanding. I do not know everything and if I get in my self then I am wrong. I want to let God have his way and teach me of his ways. I don't ever want to be found standing in his way with my own thoughts.
You do realize that all of what you wrote above - requires YOU to participate first - before any god can be included, right?

Self.

Learn it, live it, love it.

In fact, why don't you prove that there are "words of God" to begin with.

According to the Bible, "God" only wrote twice.....the two sets of the 10 commandments - everythign else is of man.

Why do you believe certain men were accurate and others (namely - many of the original Apostles) were not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min MrAnderson9 879,783
Why almost every man cheats? (Oct '07) 4 min nightwalker 174
Best sad movie..... is there really that many? (Mar '07) 13 min nightwalker 893
The Christian Atheist debate 14 min too lazy to log in 3,898
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 15 min andet1987 7
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 18 min Rosa_Winkel 8,241
Ask me a trivia question (Oct '08) 27 min nightwalker 213,272
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 177,882
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 4 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web