Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650743 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#556215 Aug 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
you are correct, Sera is one of the nicest posters on this Forum, and I do believe that she loves the Lord
HI , PRESTON HOPE ALL IS GOOD , I HAVE NOT BEEN ON TO MUCH.
I HAVE HAD A LITTLE SET BACK, I CAN'T WALK VERY WELL RIGHT NOW.
I AM BENT RIGHT OVER ADVANCE ARTHRITIS IN MY SPINE AND HIPS.
WELL THE MIDDLE EAST HAS EXPLODED NO SURPRISE WE KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.
OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, IS COMING VERY SOON. PRAISE THE LORD.
MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAIMLY.
GOD BLESS. Elaine

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556216 Aug 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please understand your "call no man Father" interpretation is very new.....maybe the last 150 yrs. The first wave of fanaticism didnt entertain it. You however, have made it your battle cry....along with torture murder torture murder and pagan.
"Our father Abraham" acts 7:2
"Our father Issac" Romans 9:10
Timothy was Paul's "son" 1timothy 2:18 and 2tim 2:1. That makes Paul his father.
"For I became your FATHER in Christ Jesus through the Gospel" 1cor 4:15-15
Could it be that you've taken Jesus words out of context? Do you call your dad father.....your doctor "doctor", your teacher "teacher"? Do you wear a pagan wedding ring? Lol
so is that verse NEW also? did Jesus just say it 150 years ago?

clay don't be so asinine as to think that we believe the malarkey that you spew on this forum constantly.

look at these words.

He was using hyperbole (exaggeration to make a point) http://www.catholic.com/tracts/call-no-man-fa...

Related Words amplification, enhancement; fabrication,[[[misrepresentati on;]]] fudging, hedging; hype, puffery; superlative.

look at these [related words} especially misrepresentation.Misrepresent ation is a concept in the contract law of England and some other Commonwealth countries, referring to a false statement of fact made by one party to another party,

I posted all of those descriptions to show that you catholics will even stoop so low as to call Jesus a person who lies and misrepresents Biblical truth.

wonder how that person will explain that to Jesus ,that He was lying to those around Him

Location hidden

#556217 Aug 22, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HI , PRESTON HOPE ALL IS GOOD , I HAVE NOT BEEN ON TO MUCH.
I HAVE HAD A LITTLE SET BACK, I CAN'T WALK VERY WELL RIGHT NOW.
I AM BENT RIGHT OVER ADVANCE ARTHRITIS IN MY SPINE AND HIPS.
WELL THE MIDDLE EAST HAS EXPLODED NO SURPRISE WE KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.
OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, IS COMING VERY SOON. PRAISE THE LORD.
MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAIMLY.
GOD BLESS. Elaine
thank you for those Prayers. I am kinda bummed out right now. Justin is going back to China to work. He has accepted a position with the United Nations, and I don't want him to leave, but he is of age so all I can do is wish him well.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#556218 Aug 22, 2014
Oswald Chambers Devotional: My Utmost for his Highest!

I Indeed ... But He”

I indeed baptize you with water ... but He ... will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire —Matthew 3:11

Have I ever come to the point in my life where I can say,“I indeed ... but He ...”? Until that moment comes, I will never know what the baptism of the Holy Spirit means. I indeed am at the end, and I cannot do anything more— but He begins right there— He does the things that no one else can ever do. Am I prepared for His coming? Jesus cannot come and do His work in me as long as there is anything blocking the way, whether it is something good or bad. When He comes to me, am I prepared for Him to drag every wrong thing I have ever done into the light? That is exactly where He comes. Wherever I know I am unclean is where He will put His feet and stand, and wherever I think I am clean is where He will remove His feet and walk away.

Repentance does not cause a sense of sin— it causes a sense of inexpressible unworthiness. When I repent, I realize that I am absolutely helpless, and I know that through and through I am not worthy even to carry His sandals. Have I repented like that, or do I have a lingering thought of possibly trying to defend my actions? The reason God cannot come into my life is that I am not at the point of complete repentance.

“He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” John is not speaking here of the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience, but as a work performed by Jesus Christ.“He will baptize you ....” The only experience that those who are baptized with the Holy Spirit are ever conscious of is the experience of sensing their absolute unworthiness.

“I indeed” was this in the past,“but He” came and something miraculous happened. Get to the end of yourself where you can do nothing, but where He does everything.

Bible Verse of the Day

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)

Location hidden

#556219 Aug 22, 2014
this guy posted this statement on a catholic blog and got banned.lol

Mar 16,'05, 7:21 am
Banned
Book Club Member Join Date: August 12, 2004
Religion: Catholic, Latin Rite
Send a message via AIM to dumspirospero Send a message via Yahoo to dumspirospero

Default Re: "Call no man Father"...

----------

THe protestant interpretation of that passage you are referring to, like most of their interpretations, is taken out of context, twisted to fit their agenda, and just wrong. When the Bible says, call no man Father...it is not prohibiting us from calling our parents or priest "father"...it is basically another way of restating the 1st Commandment where it says (condensed version) "You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve."...because if you look at the entire scripture in context it says "Call no one on earth your father, you have but one father in heaven" It is perfectly ok to call your dad father...or call a priest father...but if you were to call them Father the same way you call God "Father", that is what Jesus is telling us not to do. I believe what one must be aware of is the spirit of superiority and pride that can accompany these titles....because Jesus goes on to say "Whoever exalts himself will be humbled; but whoever humbles himself will be exalted".

my question would be this. how can any person twist and misinterpret these few words.

call no man FATHER.

four little words from the mouth of Jesus. since you catholics know that Jesus is lying and didn't really mean it when He said that, we must accept your interpretation of those four little words.lol
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#556220 Aug 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please understand your "call no man Father" interpretation is very new.....maybe the last 150 yrs. The first wave of fanaticism didnt entertain it. You however, have made it your battle cry....along with torture murder torture murder and pagan.
Timothy was Paul's "son" 1timothy 2:18 and 2tim 2:1. That makes Paul his father.
Could it be that you've taken Jesus words out of context? Do you call your dad father.....your doctor "doctor", your teacher "teacher"? Do you wear a pagan wedding ring? Lol
A son calling his parent father is very different than a man claiming the title of "holy father" or a supposed teacher of God's Word being called father. Keep it in contex instead of disregarding it.

"If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father." ( John 10:37-38)

How do you know the interpretation is "very new"? Can you provide any proof or are you just throwing things out there hoping they'll stick to someone?

United States

#556221 Aug 22, 2014
Liam wrote:

Jesus himself called earthly fathers (provider of sperm) Father.
-
so no. your 'logic' makes no sense as you take it out of its context. And its context was heaping titles upon persons wishing to *EXALT themselves above others.
-
But you know that.
And you choose to ignore it.
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/23.htm
5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteriesa wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.
8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
-
-
Liam wrote:
-
-
The only jewelry I wear is my medical alert necklace so a "doctor" or "nurse" or other "medical professional" will know what drugs I am allergic to.
-
Yes. I call my doctors "doctor". I would not dream of calling them 'father' because they are not my "father" - they don't deserve the title.
-
Abraham was the "father" of Isaac and grand-father of Jacob ... so the use of the term 'father' in his instance is quite appropriate.
-
Liam: "Please understand your "call no man Father" interpretation is very new.....maybe the last 150 yrs"
-
Obviously you are attempting to set precedent here with the "....maybe the last 150 yrs" argument.
-
Lets do a timeline for comparison:
-
1. Jesus said: Call NO MAN Father.
2. Pope said, call priests and popes father.
-
See? the precedent was set by Christ himself.
-
It doesn't matter how OLD or how NEW.
What matters is WHO.
-
Jesus said don't do it, I'm not gonna do it.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#556222 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The inconsistency is in your church dogma.
Over 42,200+ contradicting, conflicting and confusing Protestant interpretations of the bible for over 450 years since Luther began the "self opinionated" ( where each person " cherry picks" and editorialized the Truth ----------THAT is what is known as (make-it-up-as-you-go). INCONSISTENT "bible only" CHURCH DOGMA that is "littered with chaos and confusion------in which each persons " personal opinion is the "final authority"------Been there done that for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant until God Our Father, through His Son Jesus by and by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit led me out of this (bondage) of half- truth half heresy (so-called Christianity) to the TRUTH of HIS TRUE Salvation in and through Our Lords One and Only One Historical and biblically PROVEN Apostolic Catholic Church......ONLY--------.Where the fullness of the faith and the fullness of the Truth manifests itself through Jesus Christ....
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#556223 Aug 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 42,200+ contradicting, conflicting and confusing Protestant interpretations of the bible for over 450 years since Luther began the "self opinionated" ( where each person " cherry picks" and editorialized the Truth ----------THAT is what is known as (make-it-up-as-you-go). INCONSISTENT "bible only" CHURCH DOGMA that is "littered with chaos and confusion------in which each persons " personal opinion is the "final authority"------Been there done that for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant until God Our Father, through His Son Jesus by and by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit led me out of this (bondage) of half- truth half heresy (so-called Christianity) to the TRUTH of HIS TRUE Salvation in and through Our Lords One and Only One Historical and biblically PROVEN Apostolic Catholic Church......ONLY--------.Where the fullness of the faith and the fullness of the Truth manifests itself through Jesus Christ....
Say what you want. Just don't forget your church created a vicar of Christ as a substitute for Christ on earth. I've never seen an interpretation of scripture as evil as that.
Your eucharist was created by men for your salvation, not mine. Christ is my Rock and my salvation.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556224 Aug 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to this is very simply, do you Love your Father in heaven first. I call my husband sir, among other things, it's all about 'due' respect.
truth

Perth, Australia

#556225 Aug 22, 2014
Are you for sure you have DNK within yourself?
must be funny to know..
its written
everything stay on display
Isaiah
i been before
nobody call us madam or sir
we have title born like that yep
1000 years=one Jesus day
its very nice know which god you liked to see
then
its written
be bless who not see but believe
truth

Perth, Australia

#556226 Aug 22, 2014
-be bless your womb
-don't be afraid
How many citizen of this planet exist?=be bless your womb
truth

Perth, Australia

#556227 Aug 22, 2014
Luke 1;45
be bless you believe
have no fear, angel say

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556228 Aug 23, 2014
LTM wrote:
Oswald Chambers Devotional: My Utmost for his Highest!
I Indeed ... But He”
I indeed baptize you with water ... but He ... will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire —Matthew 3:11
Have I ever come to the point in my life where I can say,“I indeed ... but He ...”? Until that moment comes, I will never know what the baptism of the Holy Spirit means. I indeed am at the end, and I cannot do anything more— but He begins right there— He does the things that no one else can ever do. Am I prepared for His coming? Jesus cannot come and do His work in me as long as there is anything blocking the way, whether it is something good or bad. When He comes to me, am I prepared for Him to drag every wrong thing I have ever done into the light? That is exactly where He comes. Wherever I know I am unclean is where He will put His feet and stand, and wherever I think I am clean is where He will remove His feet and walk away.
Repentance does not cause a sense of sin— it causes a sense of inexpressible unworthiness. When I repent, I realize that I am absolutely helpless, and I know that through and through I am not worthy even to carry His sandals. Have I repented like that, or do I have a lingering thought of possibly trying to defend my actions? The reason God cannot come into my life is that I am not at the point of complete repentance.
“He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” John is not speaking here of the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience, but as a work performed by Jesus Christ.“He will baptize you ....” The only experience that those who are baptized with the Holy Spirit are ever conscious of is the experience of sensing their absolute unworthiness.
“I indeed” was this in the past,“but He” came and something miraculous happened. Get to the end of yourself where you can do nothing, but where He does everything.
Bible Verse of the Day
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)
That is how I believe....and that is how to deny yourself. I believe that we must fully give ourselves to the Lord and pray always with sincerity. The Bible states that God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. I know he will not walk with me if I walk in pride.
James Chapter 4
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Let's Play

#556229 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He was showing respect to visitors who offered him a gift. It doesn't matter, he wasn't a Muslim, he was a Christian...and a saint to boot.
God is a jealous God.
Deuteronomy 4
24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Taking a Muslim Bible and kissing it in front of God would be like a woman or man in a marriage or relationship kissing another woman or man right in front of their spouse. Now wouldn't that provoke the other to jealousy?

People should always be careful because it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God.

I mean really, what would he have done if satan visited and gave him a gift? Would he have kissed it out of respect?

You can't have it both ways.....you cannot do things just to get glory or respect from other men...we better worry about what God thinks and not about being politically correct or what any other man thinks.....

Let's Play

#556230 Aug 23, 2014
I meant Muslim Qu'ran not Bible. Sorry about that.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#556231 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>God is a jealous God.
Deuteronomy 4
24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
Taking a Muslim Bible and kissing it in front of God would be like a woman or man in a marriage or relationship kissing another woman or man right in front of their spouse. Now wouldn't that provoke the other to jealousy?
People should always be careful because it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God.
I mean really, what would he have done if satan visited and gave him a gift? Would he have kissed it out of respect?
You can't have it both ways.....you cannot do things just to get glory or respect from other men...we better worry about what God thinks and not about being politically correct or what any other man thinks.....
The Muslim God is the God of the OT.
I think they believe Jesus a prophet and nothing more.
How can you say that it causes God offense
They are an Abrahamic religion older than Christianity..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556232 Aug 23, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there good preachers? Are there bad preachers?
Of course there are good preachers.

The good ones are always SELF ... and the bad ones are those other terrible ones over THERE, whose faith is always misguided and false.

YOUR self always preaches universal truth ... RIGHT???

:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556233 Aug 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because bible only Protestantism is "half-truth half-heresy"
What happened to "let God be the judge"-dogma???

:)

By the way, you never answered my question.

Do you believe that Jesus and God will reject your Protestant relatives to hell for having only half of the universal truth figured out???

Silly humans!

Let's Play

#556234 Aug 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslim God is the God of the OT.
I think they believe Jesus a prophet and nothing more.
How can you say that it causes God offense
They are an Abrahamic religion older than Christianity..
Jesus is God's son. Jesus was the only sacrifice that God deemed worthy to take our sins away. If you do not believe in him you shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven. If you don't have Jesus then you don't have God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex with demon possessed doll (Jun '15) 16 min roslyn 68
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min Clearwater 56,376
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 1 hr Ajay 74
Urgent Message: Dangers Of The Pokemon Game 1 hr For Sure 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,005
Plastic bag use plummets in England 2016 2 hr kolna 1
Gay/Bi men in Leeds 2 hr John Chalmers 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr X Pendable 182,982
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr Hangman 971,894
More from around the web