Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,380
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555775 Aug 20, 2014
chinitta12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Church of God International
You can watch the videos of our preacher Bro.Eli Soriano
https://www.youtube.com/user/theoldpath
here is our website,
http://theoldpath.wordpress.com/
I guarantee you that your time will not be wasted.
Thanks for the site, and I will try and watch and listen to his preaching tonight.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#555776 Aug 20, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> Amen to that.
The word of God is the only true and sound doctrine. It is the rock of ages and it will stand when the world is on fire.
I remember being in a church one time when I was about 8 or 9 and hearing an elderly lady get up and testify that she always prayed to never be misled. I am 35 now and that has stuck with me all these years. I have always prayed not to be misled and for the understanding of the word. I feel that even though I am unworthy the Lord has blessed me with that, but yet I know I am ever learning more and more when I pray and study.
I feel from reading your posts that you are knowledgeable in the Word of God. So I would like to ask a question of you.
It troubles me sometimes when I see people who do not seem to understand the Bible and yet use the Word of God with such beliefs like once in grace always in grace etc. I just cannot understand it, and I feel sorry for them.
Anyhow the question is.....Do you think if they are doing what they know to do and not willfully sinning that they can still make it to heaven with such a belief?
I do, because I feel that God has different works and levels of understanding and work for everyone. I think that when he is talking of the talents in the Bible it is showing that some people will have more works than others and also that if we use those talents we will gain more. I can equate talents with knowledge and level of understanding. I think that we are held accountable for what we know. Not that people should try to use that as an excuse or anything, but put it to the usury and try to learn more and more, even though the more we learn the more we will be accountable for.
seriously the original

Greetings and Peace

You pose an interesting question on whether one's belief in once saved by grace, always saved,(more or less) are they saved?

There has been much debated on this topic concerning OSAS, but whether such a thing is true or not, depends upon God, and the individual, and not the belief, IMHO.

I prefer to think that a person who believes in OSAS, may have the perception that they will always be saved, and then sets up a belief system behind it. This is because of a belief in God's existence, and the feeling of being saved by Jesus Christ. And that God has entered into a personal relationship which cannot be broken.(Paul's description in that nothing can stand between the love of God and the individual.)

On the other hand a person who does not believe in OSAS, may have the perception of being saved, and sets up another belief system, upon which one must adhere to being a Christian, in thought, word, and deed, by having an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.

In general, I see no problem with either belief systems, except that the first is more prone a sin of pride, which can come about with the idea that God has predestined them to eternal life, when in fact it is a choice of accepting Jesus Christ as Savior. And the second system is prone to inertia, where one's faith is tried beyond what one is capable, and one grows from hot to moderate, and sometimes cold.

Of course, I speak for myself, and these are not hard and fast rules. So it is just my humble opinion....

Peace

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#555778 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that Protestants are allowed in heaven, why are preaching that their dogmas are not based on truth and yours ARE based on truth?
!
Oh I know, I know. Pick me. Pick me.
<frantically waving arm in air>

The dogmas do not matter in the big picture as they are constructs of man and not God?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#555779 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that Protestants are allowed in heaven, why are preaching that their dogmas are not based on truth and yours ARE based on truth?
Come ON ... you KNOW you believe that Protestants are heretics and not aligned to the mindset of Jesus' and God's "spiritual" mentality, as is your mentality.
Silly humans!
now June is even exempting herself from the human race as tho she transcended all of us and everything?!

call the white coats - we got another loose cannon out here.......

Location hidden

#555780 Aug 20, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously the original
Greetings and Peace
You pose an interesting question on whether one's belief in once saved by grace, always saved,(more or less) are they saved?
There has been much debated on this topic concerning OSAS, but whether such a thing is true or not, depends upon God, and the individual, and not the belief, IMHO.
If it is a gift to begin with and is extended by pure grace, then the gift remains with the recipient.
To think or say otherwise is to make God an 'Indian giver'. I seriously doubt that He is such an entity.

Disclaimer:
To all my Native friends. "Indian giver" is a figure of speech only, as the ones who supposedly gave and then took back their promises, while also taking their homeland and hunting grounds, are in fact the washichu that overran The People..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555781 Aug 20, 2014
confriting

You asked that I show you Scripture that supported what I was saying....which means you knew of no such... I offered to help you...all is needed is you to ask...and state why you so ask...am still waiting..

And...you said I am not Christ...I asked that you show my words where I ever said I was...am still waiting..

Location hidden

#555782 Aug 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice piano music that's about it...
I would not call it nice. It reminds me of the piano music they always play in funeral parlors.

Location hidden

#555783 Aug 20, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the site, and I will try and watch and listen to his preaching tonight.
Try Joseph Prince from Singapore.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555784 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Come ON ... u believe that Protestants are heretics and not aligned to the mindset of Jesus' and God's "spiritual" mentality, as is your mentality.
Silly humans!
.......make it a 7' string.

Catholics are in hell too, June. We don't claim our religious affiliation is a golden ticket. There are many Protestants who are better people than Catholics too.
Its all about the best possible path to reach salvation, and the further someone is from the truth of the Catholic faith, the harder and harder it gets. And those who are 'practicing' Catholics (especially clergy) who still do evil are the worst of the worst.
"The road to hell is paved with the skulls of erring Priests, and Bishops as their signposts" ~ St. John Chrysostom

"The floor of hell is covered with the skulls of Bishops"
~ St. Athenaeus

Does that finally clarify it? Now use a 8' string for your cat toy, that way you don't have to get out of your chair.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#555785 Aug 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is a gift to begin with and is extended by pure grace, then the gift remains with the recipient.
To think or say otherwise is to make God an 'Indian giver'. I seriously doubt that He is such an entity.
Disclaimer:
To all my Native friends. "Indian giver" is a figure of speech only, as the ones who supposedly gave and then took back their promises, while also taking their homeland and hunting grounds, are in fact the washichu that overran The People..
Aquarius-WY

Peace

If Jesus is a Gift, then the Gift does remain with the recipient, unless the recipient chooses to ignore or reject the Gift.

God does not override one's own free-will to ignore or reject the Gift, after it was given and accepted. It is for this reason that so much of the N.T writings were on how to live a Christian life, and not backslide back into the world. Or in short become an apostate.

Peace

Location hidden

#555786 Aug 20, 2014
chinitta12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Church of God International
You can watch the videos of our preacher Bro.Eli Soriano
https://www.youtube.com/user/theoldpath
here is our website,
http://theoldpath.wordpress.com/
I guarantee you that your time will not be wasted.
so when does this so called Best preacher start preaching. God filled Preachers cant and don't set at a desk.lol

Location hidden

#555787 Aug 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice piano music that's about it...
he certainly wasn't anything to be impressed about. but for some people, it doesn't take much. I know I wasn't impressed

Location hidden

#555788 Aug 20, 2014
so when does this so called Best preacher start preaching. God filled Preachers cant and don't set at a desk.lol

I said this because I have the backing of the Bible. from Peter standing up and beginning to Preach until now, the Man of God will stand and Preach.

hopefully, this guy isn't as bad as Arnold murray sitting behind the desk.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555789 Aug 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know, I know. Pick me. Pick me.
<frantically waving arm in air>
The dogmas do not matter in the big picture as they are constructs of man and not God?
Which god do you believe rules YOUR "spiritual" domain.

Would it be the god worshipped by the Hindus or the Buddhists or the Muslims ... or do you rest your case on the premise that any old god will do the "trick" for you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555790 Aug 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not right now "setting" at a desk?????? There is no desk in your office????

Location hidden

#555791 Aug 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
I said this because I have the backing of the Bible. from Peter standing up and beginning to Preach until now, the Man of God will stand and Preach.
hopefully, this guy isn't as bad as Arnold murray sitting behind the desk.
why would someone disagree with me when I said what the Bible teaches us. Read Acts chapter one and Chapter two and you will see that I am right.

And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said,(the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

NOTICE THAT BOTH TIMES, PETER STOOD UP AND BEGAN TO SPEAK. THEREFORE OUR EXAMPLES SHOULD FOLLOW "WHAT THUS SAITH THE LORD".

NOW IF THIS MAN IS AN INVALID, HE HAS A REASON WHY HE CANT STAND.

NOW, I WONDER WHY SOME PERSON WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS SUCH A COWARD THAT THEY CANT DDISPUTE MY WORDS AND WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, IT IS GOD THEY DISAGREE WITH, NOT ME.

EVEN JUNE HAS MORE GUTS THAN YOU COWARDS

Prince George, Canada

#555792 Aug 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are in hell too, June. We don't claim our religious affiliation is a golden ticket.
Then you now believe that Protestants WILL be allowed in heaven with you and Jesus when the roll is called up yonder.

This is indeed a change for the BETTER.

Now how about addressing this question? Do you believe that Hindus and Muslims and Buddhists and Atheists and Agnostics will be allowed in heaven by you and Jesus and God ... when the roll is called up yonder???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#555793 Aug 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
The Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door today to preach universal truth AT me.

I thanked them for their "pamphlet" and didn't even ask them that if the bible is clear in its meanings, why they thought pamphlets were necessary to explain the meanings of the words.

Wasn't I polite?

I even wished them a good day ... and so they left smiling in the self -assured certainty hat they had served God's will to "go forth and preached the gospel of universal truth."

Location hidden

#555794 Aug 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
he certainly wasn't anything to be impressed about. but for some people, it doesn't take much. I know I wasn't impressed
SORRY, BUT THIS MAN IS LIKE Robert f., a double minded man.

Soriano initially accepted the appointment of Gugulan but subsequently denounced her leadership stating that women should not be leaders of the church according to the Bible.[

the Bible hasn't changed, yet this guy accepted her at the first and then rejected her.

if she wasnt qualified to be a leader in their church, he should not have supported her in the first place. and then to say, his views are shaped by how he believes the Bible to teach, means that he doesn't follow the Bible after all or God.

to this person following this guy, find you someone who is steadfast in the Bible beliefs and dont change them as the tide turns. there are many good Bible Believing, Bible teaching ministers in this world, that arent caught in webs of sexual beliefs and law suits, and aren't out on bond of hundreds of thousands dollars like he is.

Prince George, Canada

#555795 Aug 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
why would someone disagree with me when I said what the Bible teaches us.
For the same reason you argue with others about what they believe the bible "teaches" them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Use and Misuse of Language edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Insults Are Easier 793,717
Enslaving Americans....October 27, 2014 12 min Macho 23
Conclusion...Rise Of The New White Supremacists... 19 min Macho 5
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 26 min Mandela 459
Rise Of The New White Supremacists In Gastonia,... 35 min Ebola Kills Everyone 7
No Place To Go 40 min Ebola Kills Everyone 7
Letter Sent To NC Official From Chinaman 45 min Ebola Kills Everyone 23
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 267,302
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Black Thunder 42 607,067
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 97,425
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr mariayr 492
More from around the web