Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,728
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
BobLoblah

Edmonton, Canada

#555747 Aug 20, 2014
21Aug14.....See what happens when one keeps the Faith in the Roman Catholic Church being the only ONE True Church...

....why, BobLoblah ends up with such a Kind and Gentle man as Pope Francis to head up the Church.

Compared to other religions ( especially Islam with their dirty, filthy murdering schidt-for-brains ) the Roman Catholic Church is head and shoulders above anything and everything that's out there.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#555748 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you EVER consider that even if Jesus existed in spirit, that the spirit might choose to avoid you???
Nah ... I guess not HUH?
I bet that a holy spirit could resist you if it tried hard enough.
:)
"as many as RECEIVED HIM, TO THOSE he gave the power to become the sons of God"

THIS is Bible doctrine, hon! you can take them false accusations and concepts of yours and stick them where the sun don't shine;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#555749 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Jerry Falwell was certain that he was irresistible, and that if he put his faith in Jesus, Jesus would be sure to fall into LINE with Jerry's sermons.
I would say that even Jesus wouldn't be that hard up for attention.
But then, Jerry's followers agreed with Jerry.
Oh well, ya can't win 'em all!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =H-CAcdta_8IXX
i can appreciate a moral conservative even when they error as humans much more than i appreciate the immoral sodomites who NEVER get anything right!;-)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#555750 Aug 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is religion.
Stories passed from Adam about God whom he actually talked to...through SOME , only some of his descendants, Enoch, Methuselah, Noah that knowledge was saved (we don't know if the WIVES passed on any stories after the flood ) but they worshipped false Gods,through Nimrod and his tower ...
Yet through Shems line we get Abraham , who had learned but then talked directly to God . Out of his descendants came the Jews who definitely knew,of the TRUE GOD...
All through history the knowledge of the One God, the flood the trinity was passed on in stories perverted by the Evil one ...this is why many false religions,May have Kernel of truth .of the FIRST KNOWLEDGE given Adam, Noah, Moses..the ones who hated the CreTors inspired the worship of false idols , even doing tricks to convince humans to worship themselves .
The evil spirits,know all about God His nature , the trinity and have built up falsehood to make people stray ...he hates God and hates,US and wAnts,nothing more than we don't believe in God at all ..
Atheism is just a modern variation of the False,Idol WORSHIP...man is god, nothing is higher, mother earth ,ecology, evolution .
We should NOT squander resources, but to think man has the power to change everything is,worshipping ourselves. Weather has always come in cycles. Those scientists , using the term loosely , going to document the melting ice caps, got caught in REALLY THICK ICE ,and so did their rescue ship ....of course,we barely heard of that on regular news
Scientific THEORY , a real false,deity ....half of it is,politics and used to make money by men using jet fuel to fly private planes to speaking engagements to talk about bad cars ....
Man is corrupt .....false,idols abound ..and Jesus,WILL return
Why are you convinced that Jesus is the savior and not the anti christ?
I only ask that question out of curiosity and not disrespect..
He ( Jesus ) cleared mans way to talk with God personally, yet he says, no one come to the father except through me, and He is basically saying that man needs no Intermediary between God and Man..
" Even Satan Masquerades Around As Light"

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555751 Aug 20, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
The most nearly perfect, nearly sinless people who have ever lived, are those who have recognized their imperfection, and submitted themselves to Jesus Christ for His help.
And of course from your "perception" that would be your husband, you and your family of Protestants that believe exactly as YOU believe.

Amazing arrogance hiding under a huge banner that "invisibly of course" states on it ... "WE ARE JESUS AND GOD'S CHOSEN FEW AND WE ARE HUMBLE."

Prince George, Canada

#555752 Aug 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<He ( Jesus ) cleared mans way to talk with God personally, yet he says, no one come to the father except through me,
Had he lived he would have simply been another leader of a cult.

He would have preached that Hindus (for instance) could not be saved by faith in Krishna, but if they converted to Christianity, they could be saved by belief in Jesus.

To state for a fact that no one comes to the father except through ME ... is arrogance ... NOT humility.

And when Jesus supposedly stated that no one comes to the FATHER through him ... keep in mind that according to Christians Jesus did not mean the father as in the father of Abraham ... he meant it as in the father created apart from the Jewish god ... which was the Gnostic Christian god.

What a lot of malarkey!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#555753 Aug 20, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is complete to a so-called "Christian".....beca use most don't realize there are additional writings about Jesus. And if they did hear about them, they never studied or read them "religiously". Thus, most so-called "Christians" only parrot what they are taught, and most refused to do the research to a depth that would show it is incomplete.
<quoted text>
I doubt this to be true.....considering - still to this day - after 2000+ years of certain individuals doting on it - they still claim things within the Bible as "mysteries".
Thus your statement above is false.
<quoted text>
That is right - "How Jesus is presented".....just skip on by the canon's external texts to help present him in a certain way, huh?
Gotcha.
You do realize you speak just like those men did, right? Trying to persuade, and never once realizing individuality, because individuality is not "universal" or "united in one".....huh?
<quoted text>
I wonder what Jesus says about this piece of "clarity"......you will post something by Jesus, right - that says the exact same thing?
<quoted text>
a. The serpent was evil.....only in "Jewish" and "Christian" eyes it was.
The serpent has been around in symbolism for alot longer than the Bible, and it had various meanings.....one of the most prominent was "a messenger".
If one were to take the Garden of Eden story as symbolic, it would show that the serpent was helping Adam and Eve become knowledgeable.
If they never had eaten of the Tree of Knowledge....to be honest with you - you probably wouldn't have the story you do today.
Let's thank the serpent for showing up, shall we?
<quoted text>
No - the non-canonical Jesus is the same as the Bible Jesus. GoThomas clearly shows that in the text - because of the other Apostles listed within the text. Those other Apostles are also shown to have been with Jesus - per the texts within the Bible that you accept.
Are you calling Jesus' Apostles liars? If so, which ones and why?
NASL

Peace

It is rather ridiculous to repeat myself, but as I see it, one is complete in Christ, so there is no need to go searching for Him outside the Bible. You apparently have a need to do so. And because of this, you think you have some "secret" knowledge which can be made available at a cost. And the cost is this, that one dilutes the faith in Jesus as God presented in the Bible. It is the "beginning" of the downfall of one's faith in Jesus, as presented in the Bible.

So, again it is the temptation out of curiosity, to which you seek others to pursue, as you have done. And for the most part, people are happy where they are at in their faith, and those who seek elsewhere you may influence. But on this forum, I think it is a lost battle for you, IMHO.

As for the rest of what you write, I am tempted to make sense out of it, but I find it so reductionist, that I can't make sense out of it, and would probably overstep my bounds in assuming something that may or may not be there. I can say, that you do this with most people who write more than just a sentence or two back to you. Perhaps it has something to do with your own self being fragmented, and you project that onto other people's thoughts(I know you like to portray yourself as self/Self unified, but perhaps this is not the case?)

In any event, that last sentence is something for you to think about. No response is necessary....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#555754 Aug 20, 2014
The monotheistic Jews wrote that Abraham and company were the founders of Judaism.

Well that is a far stretch of imagination ... as Jews at one time were all polytheists that worshipped many gods.

Men wrote the stories and they ALL patted their selves on the backs as being inspired by gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, known as the Patriarchs, are both the physical and spiritual ancestors of Judaism. They founded the religion now known as Judaism

http://www.jewfaq.org/origins.htm
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555755 Aug 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> always there to correct aren't you.....I don't have an 8 track, don't have an ipod, I do have cd's BUT the point was living with my daughter as and old woman reliving my teen"s....and I still have my Janis Joplin records and a record player....that was the point...
I was just joking. I hope you find comfort living with your daughter..

Prince George, Canada

#555756 Aug 20, 2014
I suggest you keep in mind that Judaism was based on polytheism long before one group of Jews decided that if they created ONE god, all humans would have to come to them to be accepted into the ONE GOD'S Utopia.

Very cagey of them indeed ... except they didn't count on the break-away disgruntled Jews starting offshoots of Judaism and morphing it into Christianity and Islam.

Oh well all is fair in WAR created over religion. "MINE IS THE ONLY UNIVERSAL TRUTH ...blah, blah, blah.........."

I would hope that preachers of religionn would all get tired of their own BRAGGING ... but no such "luck."

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#555757 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had he lived he would have simply been another leader of a cult.
He would have preached that Hindus (for instance) could not be saved by faith in Krishna, but if they converted to Christianity, they could be saved by belief in Jesus.
To state for a fact that no one comes to the father except through ME ... is arrogance ... NOT humility.
And when Jesus supposedly stated that no one comes to the FATHER through him ... keep in mind that according to Christians Jesus did not mean the father as in the father of Abraham ... he meant it as in the father created apart from the Jewish god ... which was the Gnostic Christian god.
What a lot of malarkey!
Yes, thank you June, but I was wanting RS opinion..
I already know what you think :)

Prince George, Canada

#555758 Aug 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just joking. I hope you find comfort living with your daughter..
Even though you believe that they both deserve eternal hell for not being Catholic???
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555759 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though you believe that they both deserve eternal hell for not being Catholic???
Why the heck would I believe something like that? What's wrong, nobody talking with you again? U gotta chime in with something so stupid, just to get a reaction. Well here's my reaction: take a 4' long string, tie it to an old sock... drag it across the floor and let your cats chase after it.
;-)

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555760 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are HUMBLE when you preach that Jesus and God love only Christians, and specifically only the Christians in your denomination???
THAT is taking a whole lot for granted ... wouldn't you agree???
God loves everyone and he gives everyone a chance. I do not think any other way....I do not want to see any bad thing happen to anyone. I love everyone and pray for everyone, no matter what denomination. As stated before I do not want to be called by any denominational name. I do not feel that God wants that either. He just wants people to follow him and his commandments and love each other.

GOD gives everyone a chance to be saved!!!!!!

It is our choice!!!!!

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555761 Aug 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine."
Man is a sinner by choice (free will.)
"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."
...admonishes us "that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine…"
Sound doctrine is BUILT on the Word of God!
Amen to that.

The word of God is the only true and sound doctrine. It is the rock of ages and it will stand when the world is on fire.

I remember being in a church one time when I was about 8 or 9 and hearing an elderly lady get up and testify that she always prayed to never be misled. I am 35 now and that has stuck with me all these years. I have always prayed not to be misled and for the understanding of the word. I feel that even though I am unworthy the Lord has blessed me with that, but yet I know I am ever learning more and more when I pray and study.

I feel from reading your posts that you are knowledgeable in the Word of God. So I would like to ask a question of you.

It troubles me sometimes when I see people who do not seem to understand the Bible and yet use the Word of God with such beliefs like once in grace always in grace etc. I just cannot understand it, and I feel sorry for them.

Anyhow the question is.....Do you think if they are doing what they know to do and not willfully sinning that they can still make it to heaven with such a belief?

I do, because I feel that God has different works and levels of understanding and work for everyone. I think that when he is talking of the talents in the Bible it is showing that some people will have more works than others and also that if we use those talents we will gain more. I can equate talents with knowledge and level of understanding. I think that we are held accountable for what we know. Not that people should try to use that as an excuse or anything, but put it to the usury and try to learn more and more, even though the more we learn the more we will be accountable for.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#555762 Aug 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> what is the name of your church
Church of God International

You can watch the videos of our preacher Bro.Eli Soriano
https://www.youtube.com/user/theoldpath

here is our website,
http://theoldpath.wordpress.com/

I guarantee you that your time will not be wasted.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#555763 Aug 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>

take a 4' long string, tie it to an old sock... drag it across the floor and let your cats chase after it.
;-)
.....Does it have to be 4' long?

Location hidden

#555764 Aug 20, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> Amen to that.
The word of God is the only true and sound doctrine. It is the rock of ages and it will stand when the world is on fire.
I remember being in a church one time when I was about 8 or 9 and hearing an elderly lady get up and testify that she always prayed to never be misled. I am 35 now and that has stuck with me all these years. I have always prayed not to be misled and for the understanding of the word. I feel that even though I am unworthy the Lord has blessed me with that, but yet I know I am ever learning more and more when I pray and study.
I feel from reading your posts that you are knowledgeable in the Word of God. So I would like to ask a question of you.
It troubles me sometimes when I see people who do not seem to understand the Bible and yet use the Word of God with such beliefs like once in grace always in grace etc. I just cannot understand it, and I feel sorry for them.
Anyhow the question is.....Do you think if they are doing what they know to do and not willfully sinning that they can still make it to heaven with such a belief?
I do, because I feel that God has different works and levels of understanding and work for everyone. I think that when he is talking of the talents in the Bible it is showing that some people will have more works than others and also that if we use those talents we will gain more. I can equate talents with knowledge and level of understanding. I think that we are held accountable for what we know. Not that people should try to use that as an excuse or anything, but put it to the usury and try to learn more and more, even though the more we learn the more we will be accountable for.

here is our website,

Location hidden

#555765 Aug 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is religion.
Stories passed from Adam about God whom he actually talked to...through SOME , only some of his descendants, Enoch, Methuselah, Noah that knowledge was saved (we don't know if the WIVES passed on any stories after the flood ) but they worshipped false Gods,through Nimrod and his tower ...
Yet through Shems line we get Abraham , who had learned but then talked directly to God . Out of his descendants came the Jews who definitely knew,of the TRUE GOD...
All through history the knowledge of the One God, the flood the trinity was passed on in stories perverted by the Evil one ...this is why many false religions,May have Kernel of truth .of the FIRST KNOWLEDGE given Adam, Noah, Moses..the ones who hated the CreTors inspired the worship of false idols , even doing tricks to convince humans to worship themselves .
The evil spirits,know all about God His nature , the trinity and have built up falsehood to make people stray ...he hates God and hates,US and wAnts,nothing more than we don't believe in God at all ..
Atheism is just a modern variation of the False,Idol WORSHIP...man is god, nothing is higher, mother earth ,ecology, evolution .
We should NOT squander resources, but to think man has the power to change everything is,worshipping ourselves. Weather has always come in cycles. Those scientists , using the term loosely , going to document the melting ice caps, got caught in REALLY THICK ICE ,and so did their rescue ship ....of course,we barely heard of that on regular news
Scientific THEORY , a real false,deity ....half of it is,politics and used to make money by men using jet fuel to fly private planes to speaking engagements to talk about bad cars ....
Man is corrupt .....false,idols abound ..and Jesus,WILL return

here is our website,

Location hidden

#555766 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Years ago I read how a good speaker is simply telling the crowd what they want to hear, and the crowd doesn't even realize they have been conned by the speaker.
Nothing is more true when it pertains to religion.
Evangelists know how to play the crowds. The music becomes soft or loud at the opportune times during the sermons. The choirs know when to sing and how to perform even though they might not be sincere in their devotions.
The show must go on, or the money won't come rolling in as "predicted."
How many times must you be told that you are saved and others will go to hell???
THAT is the question for you to answer.
The speaker is simply there to please you and assure you each time you listen to his/her words, that indeed you WILL be saved.
Im not saying that we are the only ones that will be saved and others will go to hell.
God wants everyone to be saved.

1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is right and is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I want you to know the truth, Im not arguing with you, I just wanted you to have aa minute to watch theses videos from our preacher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tide with Beach 779,167
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Marlowe Super Dog 441,824
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Pegasus 265,582
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min MAKEWORLDPEACEUID... 175,792
Gay snapchat names 49 min joe_n07 185
Are our soldiers traitors? 1 hr MAKEWORLDPEACEUID... 17
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr kim Jong Un 58
Moses never existed 1 hr feces for jesus 860
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 605,384
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 8 hr daveo69 72