Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654539 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#556115 Aug 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perception, religion is all human-created bunk.
If you haven't received that message yet from what I write, that is your problem.
I read your message quiet clear.
To Me it all relates and has deeper meaning for me June. Just as I'm sure everyone gets their own meaning out of it, I am sure that you get nothing but Bunkology!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#556116 Aug 22, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Robert. I do not get offended at people. I love everyone and do not hold any animosity toward anyone. Thanks for informing me, though, because I am new to this site and I don't know much about many people on here or their beliefs.
Once again thanks and I hope you have a good evening.
seriously the original

Peace

It is good in not holding animosity. Anger issues can run deep, and contempt is at the end of anger. I am sure, someone along the line will " inform" on me, so, having worn so many hats in my lifetime, it is the matter of diligence in seeking God in all things, that has brought me to be where I am.

I am quite impressed with your continuity of thought regarding the Bible. Most enter, and have very fragmented knowledge.

Peace
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#556117 Aug 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID THAT GOD SAID ... that only hojo and his group of believers are worthy of salvation.
No June!.....It is ONLY---YOU June---- and YOU ALONE that keeps saying this lie.....Try getting another hobby such as counting to "one million"backwards by 3's.........

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556118 Aug 22, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple.
In the very same way that you can rightfully separate a CEO from a CFO.
Both of them know what the "spirit of truth" is concerning their mutual business enterprise, but they each individually have different functions within that same enterprise.
If you speak with or deal with either the CEO or the CFO, you are in fact dealing with the entire enterprise (God). Now, if you wish to deal with a certain or particular element of that enterprise, well then you will most likely have to deal with the CFO rather than the CEO, or the CEO rather than the CFO, because they have differing areas of , shall we say, uh,'expertise" ... for lack of a better word.
Like I said. Simple.
And...a man and a women, when married, are one flesh.."And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh."

But and however....They are still two distinct different individuals....they are not "a husband" or "a wife"...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556119 Aug 22, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have many, but we also have one that we seem to be helpless to eliminate from our lives for one reason or another. I doubt that a loving God would make an issue out of what He knows you are pretty much helpless to control yourself.
Christian theologians taught and teach that those who don't put faith in Jesus will be relegated to hell BY Jesus AND by God in the hereafter.

It seems that by placing complete faith in that myth, Christians can't control their selves to do any better THAN to place complete faith IN the myth.

They are locked in to the dogma by their lust to believe that they are saved from Jesus' and God's WRATH!

And if you state that being rejected to a fiery hell is not wrath on the part of the creator and his son ... you are lying.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556120 Aug 22, 2014
Sorry bout the double post....a malfunction....

Prince George, Canada

#556121 Aug 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No June!.....It is ONLY---YOU June---- and YOU ALONE that keeps saying this lie.....Try getting another hobby such as counting to "one million"backwards by 3's.........
OH REALLY???

If you put complete faith in the idea that Protestants will be accepted into heaven along with Catholics ... why did you leave the Protestant religion to "become" a Catholic???

Naughty shyster.

Location hidden

#556122 Aug 22, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - you seem to glorify "God" yet admonish Jesus.
Why?
BTW - I do believe in a Higher Power - just not what you call "God". In fact, I also don't believe this god of yours has any control over this world we live in. Some will say that this is absurd, yet.....not them or anyone has ever proven "God" to exist.
All they say is - I believe and could care less what you think.
The surety of some humans is astounding. They'll use their own efforts (Self) to deflect others from calling them out on this simple and honest aspect of life - "prove God exists".
And don't tell me that it doesn't occur - because you know darn well it does and continues to be this way even to this very day.
Arrogance and ignorance will be the downfall of organized religion.
NASL

Peace

Well, I guess you just made my day. You do not believe in a God that interacts with His Creation, and therefore not the God of the Bible!

No doubt you believe ignorance reigns in religion, especially Christianity. And that is to bad. At least admitting one is not so enlightened as to know everything is not a bad place to start at, IMHO.

Glad you are becoming honest to everyone.

Peace

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#556123 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Please don't quote the OT, because I know there are many "laws" listed that you do not follow at all, so let's not misleading others with this one.
Cherry picking what you like and not like about the Bible in itself is misleading.
Know the context of the passages and books you quote before you begin to select passages that are supposed to affect me.
FYI - your passage doesn't pertain to me.
It pertains to you as you saying "self"
What do you mean cherry picking? Sarcasm
I don't follow any of them, so yeah, you got me there.
Maybe you missed what I was trying to say?
Whether or not they affect you is irrelevant.
I gave you a passage from OT God that says He's a Jealous God and worship none above Him, but Jesus is Idolized and worshiped above God. The created can not be equal to the creator.
In a sense Jesus has become God Of This World ( Earth )
He sits on a throne In the Vatican.

Prince George, Canada

#556124 Aug 22, 2014
If there is an element of truth in religion, who would know???

OH PLEASE ... no more sermons from your EGOS about what Jesus SAID.

I don't WANT to believe that those who are not of your Christian BRANCH are rooted in Christian hell with the approval of you and Jesus and God.

Sickening dogmas.

Prince George, Canada

#556125 Aug 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I read your message quiet clear.
To Me it all relates and has deeper meaning for me June. Just as I'm sure everyone gets their own meaning out of it, I am sure that you get nothing but Bunkology!
What DEEP meaning do you get out of believing that Jesus will reject all those who are not Christian to eternal hell???

I want to know how deep you can GO with that belief???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556126 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Please don't quote the OT, because I know there are many "laws" listed that you do not follow at all, so let's not misleading others with this one.
Cherry picking what you like and not like about the Bible in itself is misleading.
Know the context of the passages and books you quote before you begin to select passages that are supposed to affect me.
FYI - your passage doesn't pertain to me.
...according to the scriptures god has evolved over time in the OT from an all punishing God to an all loving God in the NT.

.....I wonder what God evolves into next.

Prince George, Canada

#556127 Aug 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have many .
Are you willing to admit that your weakness might BE relying ON your Protestant religion as being based on the one and only universal truth?

Are you OPEN to that idea???

Location hidden

#556128 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Question Christianity - YES. Turn to New Age?- No.....one may choose to believe anyway they choose, but believing in something that was not researched PRIOR to joining, only shows blind faith and belief in a human's viewpoint.....not Jesus or "God".
That is the honesty that many refuse to acknowledge.
<quoted text>
The "God" of the Bible? Uhm....."God" may be referenced in the Bible, but since those stories were written by ordinary men, it is more so and should be accurately stated as the "God created by men".
<quoted text>
I only present the facts which weren't given to the followers of Christianity. And you will have to admit honestly that many followers haven't a clue on what I post. You do, and that is why I continue to post to you. You've seemed to do research....where others can only insult and admonish......and not through honesty. IMHO - the truth is that those individuals admonish because they are scared of being honest.
<quoted text>
Just trying to get people to be honest. Is that a crime? A sin? some sort of "evil".
I think not. The world would be in a much better position if more people were honest.
That is a fact.
NASL

IMHO, some do admonish you. And it may be a defensive mechanism for they no other way. But that does not make them wrong and you right.

Also, some people are just not interested in going beyond what they have been taught in their youth concerning their faith. I see nothing wrong in that. For they are practicing what has been handed down to them.

Of course there are others, like myself, that did explore outside of what I had been taught. And for what it is worth, all the effort, at times seems wasted. But I now have a broader base on which to communicate with others, and more accepting of differing beliefs.

Everyday now to me brings me into greater focus as to being more like Jesus of the Bible. I hope that is not bothersome to you...? Which should have been my goal all the time, I believe.

Prince George, Canada

#556129 Aug 22, 2014
Religion does not build bridges. Religion creates deep-rooted chasms.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Chasm

a profound difference between people, viewpoints, feelings, etc.

https://www.google.ca/...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556130 Aug 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text.

.......In a sense Jesus has become God Of This World ( Earth )
He sits on a throne In the Vatican.
.....No, in a sense Jesus has become God of Christianity.

....Over 75% of our world does not believe in Jesus as god.

Prince George, Canada

#556131 Aug 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...according to the scriptures god has evolved over time in the OT from an all punishing God to an all loving God in the NT.
.....I wonder what God evolves into next.
What inspired you write that the new testament is an all-loving god ... when Christianity is based on the premise that only those that believe in Jesus CAN be saved?

Why do you do that???

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556132 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic source may not suffice for you so here's something you might consider neutral;
"The Eastern Catholic Churches[1] are autonomous, self-governing particular churches in full communion with the Pope. Together with the Latin Church, they make up the entire Catholic Church. They preserve many centuries-old Eastern liturgical, devotional, and theological traditions, which are in most cases shared with the various other Eastern Christian churches with which they were once associated, such as the Eastern Orthodox Church and Oriental Orthodox Church."
"Within each Church, no longer in communion with the Church of Rome, there arose a group that considered it important to restore that communion. The See of Rome accepted them without requiring that they adopt the customs of the Latin Church, so that they all have their own "liturgical, theological, spiritual and disciplinary heritage, differentiated by peoples' culture and historical circumstances, that finds expression in each sui iuris Church's own way of living the faith".[30]"
"The 2008 statistics collected by the CNEWA show that Syriac Christians make up 47% of Eastern Catholics and Byzantine Christians make up 46%. The three largest Eastern churches are the Byzantine Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church with 4.3 million members (25%), the Syriac Syro-Malabar Catholic Church at 3.9 million faithful (23%), and the Maronite Catholic Church with 3.29 million faithful (20%).[34]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Catholic_C...
and as I said....they are more catholic than orthodox and we are not in communion with them...if they are in communion with Rome.....period...

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556133 Aug 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian theologians taught and teach that those who don't put faith in Jesus will be relegated to hell BY Jesus AND by God in the hereafter.
It seems that by placing complete faith in that myth, Christians can't control their selves to do any better THAN to place complete faith IN the myth.
They are locked in to the dogma by their lust to believe that they are saved from Jesus' and God's WRATH!
And if you state that being rejected to a fiery hell is not wrath on the part of the creator and his son ... you are lying.
Are there good politicians? Are there bad politicians?
Are there good preachers? Are there bad preachers?
Are there good people? Are there bad people?
Are there people who are honest and trustworthy? Are there people who are thieves and killers?

Is it fair to lump all the good people into ONE group and say that they are all bad June?

Some folks in business are shysters and constantly rip off the public. Others have integrity and operate fairly.

Do certain types of folks take advantage of other folks when they are down? Do some folks exploit the vulnerabilities of others and profit from it?
Do some folks distort truth intentionally in order to line their own pockets?
Are preachers and Shamen the only ones who do? Do ALL preachers and shamen do so?

Is it unfair to lump all folks in one group and condemn them all?
Obviously the answer is yes, it is unfair to treat all people of one group or another as if they are all the same. That is quite simply put June, a lie.

Location hidden

#556134 Aug 22, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe God will save a backslider. I was just saying that we cannot just keep committing sins willfully and knowingly and say that we are still Christians. But if we do backslide, I believe we must be as the Prodigal son and come back home and repent with sincerity.
I have been a backslider and God had mercy and forgave me. I know what it is like to be a backslider. I was miserable and was unable to take joy in sinning. I continued to think on God and just like the Prodigal son wanted to go back home. So I repented with sincerity and my whole heart.
seriously the original

I think a some of the N.T., deals with backsliding and yet turning again to God and away from evil.

However, I think there is a time in one's life, when that backsliding damages the relationship between God and man. I compare it to soil. It is when the soil has become worn out, and used up. The heart becomes like clay in which nothing grows permanently. The heart then, has rejected the Holy Spirit.

Of course Jesus said it best, that when the salt looses its savor, it must be thrown out....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min MUQ2 64,978
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 8 min MUQ2 518
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 2 hr Chump University 708
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr The Hangman 973,981
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 618,750
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 3 hr Ableviking 60
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 281,965
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 45,313
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 183,224
More from around the web