Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699596 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#556019 Aug 21, 2014
THE reference to the FOUNDATION OF THE TRUE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD
is In
Ephesians 2:20
(ASV) being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the chief corner stone;
(DRB) Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone:
(Geneva) And are built vpon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Iesus Christ himselfe being the chiefe corner stone,
(ISV) having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, the Messiah Jesus himself being the cornerstone.
(KJV) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

~~~~
1 Corinthians 3:11
(ASV) For other foundation can no man lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(DRB) For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid: which is Christ Jesus.
(Geneva) For other foundation can no man laie, then that which is laied, which is Iesus Christ.
(ISV) After all, no one can lay any other foundation than the one that is already laid, and that is Jesus the Messiah.
(KJV) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(KJV+) ForG1063 otherG243 foundationG2310 canG1410 no manG3762 layG5087 thanG3844 that is laid,G2749 whichG3739 isG2076 JesusG2424 Christ.G5547
(Vulgate) fundamentum enim aliud nemo potest ponere praeter id quod positum est qui est Christus Iesus

Location hidden

#556020 Aug 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Question..
How can you separate Jesus from the the Spirit of truth that is sent in Jesus name....
Are you really that dumb.....are you putting on an act?
It's hard to believe that any one that supposed to be a Christian could be so void of understanding as you are.....
Catholic 101

The Holy Trinity - Three Persons in One God. How in the world can anyone explain that? The answer is that we in this world cannot. It is a mystery beyond our comprehension. How can there be three separate persons- The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost - but yet still all be the same God?

See the word "separate"????
Liam

Garden City, MI

#556021 Aug 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT REALLY???? Now that is the very first time I have ever hear a catholic on this forum say that the orthodox church got credit for compiling the Bible...yes the two churches we one in the very beginning. It was not a catholic of orthodox. How many time do I have to explain..Catholic meaning UNIVERSAL...Not catholic as in the catholic church of today..Question now to you, why did it take you so long to make the claim that the orthodox church complied the Bible...if you include the orthodox church as doing this than this must also mean the orthodox church is also the True Church that Christ founded....
The Catholic Church today is still the "Universal" Church. Notice how Francis (or any Bishop) seldom uses the adjective "Universal" (Catholic). They usually just say "the Church".
And yeah, the Church in the east clearly helped compile the Bible. I believe it was St. Jerome (Dust Storm would be better at this) who was sent by Pope Damasaeus to the Universal Churches in the east to find out which Books they were using for the Mass. Some had Barnabas and Hermas in their unofficial canon. Some didn't have Revelation and Hebrews etc etc. That's why they held a couple of councils to get on the same page - pun intended. What resulted was 27 Books of the NT we have today. I don't think the OT was an issue since they all used the 66 plus the so-called apocrypha. It wasn't until the protestants began tearing those books out, that the Church had to step in and finalize it altogether at Trent. Even though all known copies prior to Trent had the 7 Books- which makes it wierd that the protesters would think it didnt belong.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#556022 Aug 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic 101
The Holy Trinity - Three Persons in One God. How in the world can anyone explain that? The answer is that we in this world cannot. It is a mystery beyond our comprehension. How can there be three separate persons- The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost - but yet still all be the same God?
~~~
The Bible says

Jas_1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS UPBRAID ...YOU GIVE NOTHING LIBERALLY ....ALWAYS .POSTING DOWN TO PEOPLE ..... TUNING THEM OUT ..AND TURNING THEM OFF ...
Liam

Detroit, MI

#556023 Aug 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT REALLY???? Now that is the very first time I have ever hear a catholic on this forum say that the orthodox church got credit for compiling the Bible...yes the two churches we one in the very beginning. It was ot a catholic of orthodox. How many time do I have to explain..Catholic meaning UNIVERSAL...Not catholic as in the catholic church of today..Question now to you, why did it take you so long to make the claim that the orthodox church complied the Bible...if you include the orthodox church as doing this than this must also mean the orthodox church is also the True Church that Christ founded....
I just learned that every Orthodox Church has a Catholic counterpart. That is, people in those churches stayed in communion with the Bishop of Rome. The Catholic Church is 22 total. The Roman Church in the west and Maronite Church in the east have no Orthodox counterpart. Nobody in the Maronite (Lebanon) Catholic Church became Orthodox. Interesting.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556024 Aug 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic 101
Hey, you quoted and said,

["But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

In the above Scripture, tell me who shall testify...]

The question should be, what does He testify? answer, "He shall testify of me:"
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556025 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says
Jas_1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS UPBRAID ...YOU GIVE NOTHING LIBERALLY ....ALWAYS .POSTING DOWN TO PEOPLE ..... TUNING THEM OUT ..AND TURNING THEM OFF ...
Hello? You and your dopehead friend cowboy do the exact same thing.

And I would say oxhead knows the Good News Gospel better than either of you.

Location hidden

#556026 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says
You see the truth from Scripture as being upbraiding???

The Bible also says:
Then the LORD opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face. &#65279;32&#65279;And the Angel of the Lord said to him,“Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out &#65279;&#65279;to stand against you, because your way is perverse before Me. &#65279;33&#65279;The donkey saw Me and turned aside from Me these three times. If she had not turned aside from Me, surely I would also have killed you by now, and let her live.”
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#556027 Aug 21, 2014
who="hojo"]<quote d text>l
The TRUTH of the TRUE Word of God in the Bible has told us for over 1500 years where the TRUTH has, is and will always be:...... Paul has told all of us in I Tomothy 3:15 where he calls THE CHURCH ( not the bible alone) is the Pillar, Pinnancle and Foundation of the TRUTH
~~~
You wrote
Paul has told all of us in I Tomothy 3:15 where he calls THE CHURCH ( not the bible alone) is the
Sorry I don't have the book of I Tomothy in my Bible..
.Neither does 1 Timothy 3;15
say any thing about A pinnacle.. in either of the following translations...of the Bible
1 Timothy 3:15
(ASV) but if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how men ought to behave themselves in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
(DRB) But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
(Geneva) But if I tary long, that thou maist yet know, how thou oughtest to behaue thy self in ye house of God, which is the Church of the liuing God, the pillar and ground of trueth.
(ISV) in case I am delayed, so that you may know how to behave in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
(KJV) But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
NONE OF THE ABOVE TRANSLATIONS MAKE ANY REFERENCE TO YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC
RELIGIOUS SOCIETY
THEY ARE IN REFERENCE TO THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS
1 Timothy 3:16
(ASV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
(DRB) And evidently great is the mystery of godliness, which was manifested in the flesh, was justified in the spirit, appeared unto angels, hath been preached unto the Gentiles, is believed in the world, is taken up in glory.
(Geneva) And without controuersie, great is the mysterie of godlinesse, which is, God is manifested in the flesh, iustified in the Spirit, seene of Angels, preached vnto the Gentiles, beleeued on in the world, and receiued vp in glorie.

~~~~~~~~~~
THE reference to the FOUNDATION OF THE TRUE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD
You, Confrinting, are one of the (greatest manipulators) of the TRUTH of the TRUE Word of God , the TRUTH of the TRUE translation of the bible and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH history that has EVER "corrupted " thus forum.......The Household of God IS the One True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church established, formed and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16, Acts 2, Acts 5, Acts 8, 1Cor 14, Gal 1, Eph 5,Col1:18, James 5 with Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons (again Acts 2........The fact is that there is NOT ONE Church historian author or writer, NOT ONE Church History Apologistic writer, NOT ONE Doctor of the Church and NOT ONE Medieval writer from the first 1500 years of the CHURCH that agrees with your "personal" fictitious interpretation ( or better yet mis-interpretation) of the bible that is "laced with distortions, lies and deception" ----based upon your own personal hate for Jesus Christ and HIS One and ONLY historically and biblically PROVEN Universal Apostolic Catholic Church ...

Location hidden

#556028 Aug 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Brain damage.
Nitwit.
Cite your sources, thief.
----------
Mah reply:
theft: 1.(Law) criminal law the dishonest taking of property belonging to another person with the intention of depriving the owner permanently of its possession..
Not guilty....
----------
U.S. Code › Title 17 › Chapter 1 ›§ 107
17 U.S. Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use
In the body of this law it refers to these limitations as factors..I refereed to them as exceptions....whatever you call them....they all have the same function...they make the determination on fair use..
Called them cornballs or whatever...it changes not their function...
Never did...not guilty..
----------
Per your post. A requirement to be guilty is:"pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own"
Never did...not guilty..
----------
From your post:
There are clearly four (4) exceptions to fair use...Merriam-Webster says they are exempted..and demand permission be gotten to use their material..
Quote:
All rights reserved. No part of the work embodied in Merriam-Webster's pages on the World Wide Web and covered by the copyrights hereon may be reproduced or copied in any form or by any means—graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, taping, or information storage and retrieval systems—without the written permission of the publisher.
You ain't got permission..
----------
The distinction between what is fair use and what is infringement in a particular case will not always be clear or easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.
You ain't got permission..
----------
Now you know why I call you lying snake...
Requirements need to be met to be so guilty....Per your post. A requirement to be guilty is:"pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own". Never did...not guilty..
If I said "Here are my words" and then posted info from an article on the net...I would be guilty as charged...and it would be easy to prove...by you simply using your search engine...
That never happened and never will..
theft: 1.(Law) criminal law the dishonest taking of property belonging to another person with the intention of depriving the owner permanently of its possession..
Not guilty....
----------
I got this info from you!!!! It clearly spells out a particular requirement for there to be something plagiarized...."pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own". Never did...not guilty..
This example clarifies the truth in the info you provided!!!!
If I said "Here are my words" and then posted info from an article on the net...I would be guilty as charged...and it would be easy to prove...by you simply using your search engine...
That never happened and never will..
For a theft to have occurred you have to prove the property was taken with the intention of depriving the owner permanently of its possession..that never happened!!!!! The website still have their info!!!!!
Not guilty....
----------

Location hidden

#556030 Aug 21, 2014
A thief steals...that is a crime....Plagiarism is not a crime! Really, it isn't. No matter what your teachers, parents, or peers may have told you, plagiarism is not a crime. It's an academic offense.
plagiarize
1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
2. To appropriate for use as one's own passages or ideas from (another).
To put forth as original to oneself the ideas or words of another.
I have never ever presented info copied from a web site with these words: I originated the info in this post.... To do so would be absurd....one search and my lie would be exposed....
Even in the most blatant misrepresentation of another work...it ain't theft....
Suppose I wrote a blog post, maybe this very one, and someone else sees it on the web, copies it, tacks his name on it as author, and posts it on his own blog site.
We can conclude two things: 1) He is a dick, and 2) I didn't lose anything. We can call him a liar -- and lying is not a crime unless your are committing perjury -- but we can't call him a thief because I didn't lose anything.
----------
You have never and never will show my words saying "I originated the following post" on info I found on the net...they never were and never will be...lying snake...
Pure logic...
----------
Show me saying "The following info is originated by me" and then posting info I got from the net...you can't...it never happened...never will...
--------
These are not my words...however, I firmly believe the teaching 100%, so I am proud to copy/paste it:
Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Parents are to demonstrate to their children God's pattern for marriage. Parents are to teach their children spiritual and moral values and to lead them, through consistent lifestyle example and loving discipline, to make choices based on biblical truth. Children are to honor and obey their parents..
Give me the name of the author.....the originator of this teaching...
----------
Neither I, nor you, know the source (the author...originator) of:
Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Parents are to demonstrate to their children God's pattern for marriage. Parents are to teach their children spiritual and moral values and to lead them, through consistent lifestyle example and loving discipline, to make choices based on biblical truth. Children are to honor and obey their parents..
Neither you, nor I, can cite a source we do not know....pure logic....which shows the stupidity in your ridiculous false accusations...

Location hidden

#556031 Aug 21, 2014
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
Give me the name of the originator of these wise words....I have no idea who he is...can't give credit to a person I have never and will never ever know!!!!!
----------
Responsibility cannot be met when the info required to meet such is not known..hopefully you will see the stupidity in your false accusations...someday...
Have no idea who originated these wise words: Fall seven times and stand up eight.
----------
Sounds familiar????
Where the tablet picks up, the gods An, Enlil, Enki and Ninhursanga create the black-headed people and create comfortable conditions for the animals to live and procreate. Then kingship descends from heaven and the first cities are founded: Eridu, Bad-tibira, Larak, Sippar, and Shuruppak.
After a missing section in the tablet, we learn that the gods have decided not to save mankind from an impending flood. Zi-ud-sura, the king and gudug priest, learns of this. In the later Akkadian version, Ea, or Enki in Sumerian, the god of the waters, warns the hero (Atra-hasis in this case) and gives him instructions for the ark. This is missing in the Sumerian fragment, but a mention of Enki taking counsel with himself suggests that this is Enki's role in the Sumerian version as well.
When the tablet resumes it is describing the flood. A terrible storm rocks the huge boat for seven days and seven nights, then Utu (the Sun god) appears and Zi-ud-sura creates an opening in the boat, prostrates himself, and sacrifices oxen and sheep.
After another break the text resumes: the flood is apparently over, the animals disembark and Zi-ud-sura prostrates himself before An (sky-god) and Enlil (chief of the gods), who give him eternal life and take him to dwell in Dilmun for "preserving the animals and the seed of mankind". The remainder of the poem is lost
I did not/am not present/ing the above as my own ideas, nor as my own writing. I am not the originator of the info presented ....have no idea who that person is/was...neither does the lying snake....so much for his absudities....\
=========

Location hidden

#556032 Aug 21, 2014
Where the tablet picks up, the gods An, Enlil, Enki and Ninhursanga create the black-headed people and create comfortable conditions for the animals to live and procreate. Then kingship descends from heaven and the first cities are founded: Eridu, Bad-tibira, Larak, Sippar, and Shuruppak.
After a missing section in the tablet, we learn that the gods have decided not to save mankind from an impending flood. Zi-ud-sura, the king and gudug priest, learns of this. In the later Akkadian version, Ea, or Enki in Sumerian, the god of the waters, warns the hero (Atra-hasis in this case) and gives him instructions for the ark. This is missing in the Sumerian fragment, but a mention of Enki taking counsel with himself suggests that this is Enki's role in the Sumerian version as well.
When the tablet resumes it is describing the flood. A terrible storm rocks the huge boat for seven days and seven nights, then Utu (the Sun god) appears and Zi-ud-sura creates an opening in the boat, prostrates himself, and sacrifices oxen and sheep.
After another break the text resumes: the flood is apparently over, the animals disembark and Zi-ud-sura prostrates himself before An (sky-god) and Enlil (chief of the gods), who give him eternal life and take him to dwell in Dilmun for "preserving the animals and the seed of mankind". The remainder of the poem is lost
---------
I did not/am not present/ing the above as my own ideas, nor as my own writing. I am not the originator of the info presented ....have no idea who that person is/was...neither does the lying snake....so much for his absurdities....\
----------
A perfect example why I call you lying snake...
Here is what I said:
Last chance...
Show me the source (the author...originator) of:
Neither you, nor I, can cite a source we do not know....pure logic....which shows the stupidity in your ridiculous false accusations...
----------
You have lied on 99% of your posts.....the last one being this miracle site you said could determine who wrote, as an example "Fall seven times and stand up eight"...an old Chinese saying....
-------
You can't show me where I stated in my post "These words originated from me,..."...lying snake...
Logic says if you could you would have done so in a heart beat...
----------
Example of plagiarizing:
A writer decides that he wants to create an Internet website to generate ad revenue. Instead of writing his own articles, he visits twenty other websites that have articles on the topic in which he is interested. He copies each of the articles, changes the titles and the authors' names to his name and posts the articles on his own website.
Not guilty...
An academic is expected to publish papers but he doesn't have time to research because of family obligations. He looks through old professional journals in another country and he copies a 10-year-old article from someone else in the field. He submits the article as his own and hopes that no one finds the article from which he copied.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556033 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I just learned that every Orthodox Church has a Catholic counterpart. That is, people in those churches stayed in communion with the Bishop of Rome. The Catholic Church is 22 total. The Roman Church in the west and Maronite Church in the east have no Orthodox counterpart. Nobody in the Maronite (Lebanon) Catholic Church became Orthodox. Interesting.
whats interesting is my greek orthodox church is NOT in communion with rome I have never heard what you just posted so please post you source and I will refer it to an orthodox friend of mine for review....thanku

Location hidden

#556034 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many orthodox churches NOT in communion with Rome.....you are purposely misleading

Location hidden

#556035 Aug 21, 2014
It is common knowledge that there are orthodox churches that are in communion with Rome. But those orthodox churches ARE NOT in communion with the orthodox chuches that ARE NOT in communion with Rome....those churchs are alittle bit catholic and alittle bit orthodox. Kinda like donny and marie.... alittle bit country and alitle bit rock n roll....interesting.... huh...

United States

#556036 Aug 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Confrinting, are one of the (greatest manipulators) of the TRUTH of the TRUE Word of God , the TRUTH of the TRUE translation of the bible and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH history that has EVER "corrupted " thus forum.......The Household of God IS the One True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church established, formed and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16, Acts 2, Acts 5, Acts 8, 1Cor 14, Gal 1, Eph 5,Col1:18, James 5 with Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons (again Acts 2........The fact is that there is NOT ONE Church historian author or writer, NOT ONE Church History Apologistic writer, NOT ONE Doctor of the Church and NOT ONE Medieval writer from the first 1500 years of the CHURCH that agrees with your "personal" fictitious interpretation ( or better yet mis-interpretation) of the bible that is "laced with distortions, lies and deception" ----based upon your own personal hate for Jesus Christ and HIS One and ONLY historically and biblically PROVEN Universal Apostolic Catholic Church ...
-
-
yeah ... the popes never manipulated anything when they said it is OK to torture and murder heretics ....
and that it is OK to embrace paganism,
and that they need to shelter pedophiles in Vatican city
nope
the popes never manipulated anything there ... did they, hojo??
truth

Perth, Australia

#556037 Aug 21, 2014
how you behave yourself in God house
its written
what Jesus say
what you done from my father house
trade market
did Jesus been angry
yes
then
mr and mrs accusers please point what is not mark under value as money today

as you can see your law is not my law
you have law of economy finance and politics
truth

Perth, Australia

#556038 Aug 21, 2014
i watch tv this morning
poor minister did not say to much no
smugeling childrens mothers and so on
we don't have that law here in this country
nooooo
they asking about detention
see
trade with children womans others girls boys oldest and so on
see
your law is not my law
moses law say
not to wish donkey cow or any things no wife not kids what is not belong to you
truth

Perth, Australia

#556039 Aug 21, 2014
now they need be free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 13 min Doctor REALITY 149
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 30 min RW Lies 72,673
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min eggosaurus 995,162
Cousin got a girlfriend from abroad. How to gr... 2 hr denis45 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Johnny 447,495
Ex-girlfriend is asking to talk after months 3 hr alonzo36 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr Tony 6,840