Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658647 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555834 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> Greetings to you also and I think that was a very good explanation. There are many OSAS churches where I live. I think some of those people are pure in heart and really do try to have faith and stay in grace; however, many of them do whatever sin they want during the week and then go to church on Sunday. They seem to use grace as a cloak, and think that they can willfully sin. I do not agree with such a belief.
I do not believe in OSAS. I believe in once saved it is time to pick up your cross and follow Jesus and work out your own salvation. I have sometimes made this more difficult than what it should be because instead of knowing that God will forgive me for mistakes (not willful sin), I have sometimes felt over burdened by making small mistakes and was not able to forgive myself for not being perfect. This is, as you said trying to take on a role that I am in no wise capable of fulfilling on my own without the help of Jesus. We are only human and not perfect and that is why we need the grace of God. But I do not want to try and use grace as a cloak. I want to learn and grow in grace.
So yes I agree with your analogy of the two.
Another scripture for you:

“You have been <<<severed>> > from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.”

Who was the Apostle Paul writing to???

He was writing to Christians who were seeking to bind parts of the old law,(Law of Moses,) and he was warning them of the consequences.

Notice the word "severed"

Do you see it???

You CANNOT be “severed” from something that you were not once connected to.

Thus, what about GRACE???

You cannot 'fall' from something that you were not 'in.'

If you were baptized INTO Christ Jesus, can one fall from grace???

Of course you can.....YOU HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE......

How important is sound doctrine???

Hope this helps you......

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555835 Aug 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning,
Yes, you don't want to misled and you don't want to mislead anyone when it comes to the Word of God.....
I believe in your response and question, you are talking about the doctrine Once Saved Always Saved. You can correct me if I am wrong.
The doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved is false teachings.....
The idea is that once you have accepted Christ and had your sins taken away, you can never be lost, no matter what you do.
You can do your research on John Calvin on this false teaching......
Lets read this scripture together:
“Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman,‘Indeed, has God said,'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden'? The woman said to the serpent,‘From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said,'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.' The serpent said to the woman, <<<‘You surely will not die!’”>>>
Did you catch what Satan said?
"You surely will not die!"
Wasn't this a bald-faced lie???
Didn't Adam and Eve experience TWO deaths???
Spiritual death as they were driven out of the garden and AWAY FROM THE PRESENCE OF GOD and physical death as they were denied access to the tree of life.
What did Satan convince Eve of???
Satan convinced Eve that since she was in the right relationship with God that that relationship could NEVER be lost.
Now, why is it so importance to follow sound doctrine???
I hope this helps your studies of the Word of God.
Good Morning, and thanks for the sharing the Word of God with me this morning.
And yes the serpent and devil does use the word of God to try and mislead people. And that is why it is important to follow the word of God and sound doctrine. Satan even tried to tempt Jesus with the scripture when he was fasting 40 days and nights in the wilderness. But Jesus was the sound doctrine and word so Jesus rebuked him with sound doctrine. So yes I agree that we must follow sound doctrine.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#555836 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the site, and I will try and watch and listen to his preaching tonight.
thank you, I'll pray that you will learn the truth.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#555837 Aug 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Another scripture for you:
“You have been <<<severed>> > from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.”
Who was the Apostle Paul writing to???
He was writing to Christians who were seeking to bind parts of the old law,(Law of Moses,) and he was warning them of the consequences.
Notice the word "severed"
Do you see it???
You CANNOT be “severed” from something that you were not once connected to.
Thus, what about GRACE???
You cannot 'fall' from something that you were not 'in.'
If you were baptized INTO Christ Jesus, can one fall from grace???
Of course you can.....YOU HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE......
How important is sound doctrine???
Hope this helps you......
you may try to watch theses videos..

https://www.youtube.com/user/theoldpath
truth

Perth, Australia

#555838 Aug 21, 2014
very sad
that time Jesus been judged from whom..corrupt diploma most educated on that time and most powerful that time..
very sad
Did Jesus fall from grace that day..day of his holy cross?
accusers is accusers
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555839 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning, and thanks for the sharing the Word of God with me this morning.
And yes the serpent and devil does use the word of God to try and mislead people. And that is why it is important to follow the word of God and sound doctrine. Satan even tried to tempt Jesus with the scripture when he was fasting 40 days and nights in the wilderness. But Jesus was the sound doctrine and word so Jesus rebuked him with sound doctrine. So yes I agree that we must follow sound doctrine.
You are very welcome.

Check this scripture out:

“For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, <<<<<ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness>>>> > and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ."

Look at the word "licentiousness" what is this???“filthy"

How does one do this to the grace of God???

On the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved......those who teach that sin does not count.....or one can live in sin and not be condemned.

There are numerous scriptures that teach one can fall away.......

Why would God repeatedly warn us in His Word against something that cannot happen???

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#555840 Aug 21, 2014
&li st=UULXkuCUb69KLaHP-DMp8yag

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555841 Aug 21, 2014
chinitta12 wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you, I'll pray that you will learn the truth.
Thanks, but I feel that I have a good grasp on the truth. I do not know everything and like to fellowship with like minded Christians who are striving to follow Jesus and live the Bible way. I do not want to partake in any thing that does not follow the scripture and as "truth" states, sound doctrine. That is why I pray for understanding and not to be misled.

I did watch the video and seen where he was reading the scriptures. I would in no manner cast off on any of the scripture. I think that many of us are from different backgrounds, but that doesn't mean that we all cannot read the scripture and worship God together in truth and Spirit just as long as we are all doing what the Bible says and what we know to do.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555842 Aug 21, 2014
I was talking about "Truth" Leesburg VA....the one with the Capital T......

I just feel that he does have a good knowledge of the Bible, and I agree with what I have seen him post, and do find his messages helpful.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555843 Aug 21, 2014
chinitta12 wrote:
<quoted text>
you may try to watch theses videos..
https://www.youtube.com/user/theoldpath
Be careful who you follow....if in fact this is the same person.....

Allegations of sexual assault

In May 2006, Soriano was indicted on rape charges at the regional trial court of Macabebe, Pampanga, following a complaint filed by former MCGI productions (ADDCIT) staff Daniel Veridiano that he was sexually assaulted in Apalit, Pampanga on two occasions.[25] Soriano countered, claiming that Veridiano was only retaliating after being expelled from the MCGI sect due to alleged misappropriation of funds of the ADD. Charges of Perjury under Art. 183 of the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines was also filed by Soriano against Veridiano.[26] Sooner, the church released videos showing Veridiano admitting his crimes in the church and that he committed acts of lasciviousness against 14 fellow members; this was during the time Veridiano was still "de jure" (yet suspended) member of the church.[27]

The charge was dismissed due to lack of evidences but was later refiled in a higher court by the country's Department of Justice Secretary, Raul Gonzales.[26] Macabebe Regional Trial Court Judge Manuel Siyangco issued the warrant of arrest. Soriano was allowed to post a P400,000 bail bond (P200,000 for each count).[26][28]

In November 2006, an arrest warrant was issued against Soriano by Judge Lucina Dayaon, Macabebe. Soriano posted a P240,000 bail at a police Station in Pandacan, Manila on June 21, 2008.[25] As of August 2010, the case has been archived but not terminated.[29]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliseo_Soriano
truth

Perth, Australia

#555844 Aug 21, 2014
its written
Christians will be accused as well prosecuted
be aware every spirit is not holy
many invisible force act differently where they will say not any prove for that
yep
by

holy cross
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#555845 Aug 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
ASK HIM TO GUIDE YOU IN FINDING THE TRUTH FROM HIS WORD.
YOU HAVE HIS PROMISE
l

The TRUTH of the TRUE Word of God in the Bible has told us for over 1500 years where the TRUTH has, is and will always be:...... Paul has told all of us in I Tomothy 3:15 where he calls THE CHURCH ( not the bible alone) is the Pillar, Pinnancle and Foundation of the TRUTH

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555846 Aug 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful who you follow....if in fact this is the same person.....
Allegations of sexual assault
In May 2006, Soriano was indicted on rape charges at the regional trial court of Macabebe, Pampanga, following a complaint filed by former MCGI productions (ADDCIT) staff Daniel Veridiano that he was sexually assaulted in Apalit, Pampanga on two occasions.[25] Soriano countered, claiming that Veridiano was only retaliating after being expelled from the MCGI sect due to alleged misappropriation of funds of the ADD. Charges of Perjury under Art. 183 of the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines was also filed by Soriano against Veridiano.[26] Sooner, the church released videos showing Veridiano admitting his crimes in the church and that he committed acts of lasciviousness against 14 fellow members; this was during the time Veridiano was still "de jure" (yet suspended) member of the church.[27]
The charge was dismissed due to lack of evidences but was later refiled in a higher court by the country's Department of Justice Secretary, Raul Gonzales.[26] Macabebe Regional Trial Court Judge Manuel Siyangco issued the warrant of arrest. Soriano was allowed to post a P400,000 bail bond (P200,000 for each count).[26][28]
In November 2006, an arrest warrant was issued against Soriano by Judge Lucina Dayaon, Macabebe. Soriano posted a P240,000 bail at a police Station in Pandacan, Manila on June 21, 2008.[25] As of August 2010, the case has been archived but not terminated.[29]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliseo_Soriano
And that is why it is good to pray to never be misled. God will not allow us to be misled if we listen to him and ask for his word and truth. Not to sound mean or judgmental, but my spirit would not link up with Soriano and I didn't know what the problem was, but God knew, and now I do too. I didn't know how to reply to her about it, but I am glad that you did.
chinitta12

Winnipeg, Canada

#555848 Aug 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful who you follow....if in fact this is the same person.....
Allegations of sexual assault
In May 2006, Soriano was indicted on rape charges at the regional trial court of Macabebe, Pampanga, following a complaint filed by former MCGI productions (ADDCIT) staff Daniel Veridiano that he was sexually assaulted in Apalit, Pampanga on two occasions.[25] Soriano countered, claiming that Veridiano was only retaliating after being expelled from the MCGI sect due to alleged misappropriation of funds of the ADD. Charges of Perjury under Art. 183 of the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines was also filed by Soriano against Veridiano.[26] Sooner, the church released videos showing Veridiano admitting his crimes in the church and that he committed acts of lasciviousness against 14 fellow members; this was during the time Veridiano was still "de jure" (yet suspended) member of the church.[27]
The charge was dismissed due to lack of evidences but was later refiled in a higher court by the country's Department of Justice Secretary, Raul Gonzales.[26] Macabebe Regional Trial Court Judge Manuel Siyangco issued the warrant of arrest. Soriano was allowed to post a P400,000 bail bond (P200,000 for each count).[26][28]
In November 2006, an arrest warrant was issued against Soriano by Judge Lucina Dayaon, Macabebe. Soriano posted a P240,000 bail at a police Station in Pandacan, Manila on June 21, 2008.[25] As of August 2010, the case has been archived but not terminated.[29]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliseo_Soriano
that case was dismissed.. it is not true, other preachers are just filing a case against him because they cannot win a debate against Bro.Eli Soriano.

http://religiousiniquities.blogspot.ca/2011/0...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555849 Aug 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
This is a first coming from you.....
Since you have finally acknowledged the truth ABOUT YOUR FAULTY RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
THE NEXT STEP FOR YOU IS TO ....DISREGARD ALL DENOMINATIONS.....
GET ALONE WITH GOD AND STAY IN HIS PRESENCE UNTIL THIS IS SCRIPTURE IS PERSONALLY FULFILLED IN YOU LIFE
AS JESUS SAID..
I suggest that you are ... beyond the shadow of a doubt ... the most dumbed-down religious bamboozler on this forum.

Liam has the courage to admit that his Catholic religion is faulty, and what do you do but PREACH at him that in order to please "Jesus and God" ... he MUST follow the creed that YOU follow.

WOW!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555850 Aug 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"ASK HIM TO GUIDE YOU IN FINDING THE TRUTH FROM HIS WORD."....Waste of time...Christ is not a guide...
WOW!

That is the first time I've read THAT from a supposed Christian.

Usually the story IS ... "Let Jesus BE your guide and he will lead you on the righteous path to read holy words that exist ONLY in 'MY' Christian Bible."
chinitta12

Winnipeg, Canada

#555851 Aug 21, 2014

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555852 Aug 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
It never comes to that...I don't open my door in the first place..
OH!

Well, I understand that the Jehovah's Witnesses, just as do you, believe they know the one and only universal truth, and that they don't know any better than to try to convince others to their religious was of perceiving. So I am always kind to them.

Yesterday, after they asked me if I had a religious affiliation, I informed them that I am an Atheist.

They smiled (as their training took hold) and pretended that all was well between us. They agreed that we all have different ways of believing ... then proceeded to point out the article about why suffering exists in Jehovah's world.

I told them I would read the pamphlet, which I started last evening before sleep had its way with me.

I was thankful that I opened my door to them and in turn, treated them with kindness.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#555853 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> I think some of those people are pure in heart and really do try to have faith and stay in grace; however, many of them do whatever sin they want during the week and then go to church on Sunday. They seem to use grace as a cloak, and think that they can willfully sin. I do not agree with such a belief.
If you read your bible you would know what God says about these folks.

1 John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

Question for you???? I does one try to have faith?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555854 Aug 21, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
True, one first needs born-again or sealed with the Spirit of Christ as some say. Then they will know the Truth.
You are a theologian's dream come true.

Call of ALL theologians ... "If you follow MY creed, I promise you that bliss in the "afterlife" will be yours for eternity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 70,741
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 282,969
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... (Mar '16) 12 min pantyslut08 39
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 18 min gundee123 4,990
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 974,712
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr Oliver 8
Franke Servis Sefakoy O2I2 299 I5 34 FRANKE Se... 2 hr mar 3
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 14 hr Hilary 95
More from around the web